KB Finishes LTD - Cabinets That Fit

Founded 1994 • With Angi since April 2004

7815 NW 74th St

Kansas City, MO 64152

Small projects are always welcome! Cabinet doors, drawers, complete cabinets, cabinet modifications or repairs, using quality materials. Counter tops for any size space that you may need, I am happy to meet with you and discuss your need....

10/14/2020

Diana F.

Perfect. Excellent craftsmanship and great communication. Knew exactly what I was getting was just what I wanted. Helped get it in my car and explained how hinge adjustments worked. So glad to have found KB Finishes. Will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Custom Made wood cabinet

07/11/2020

Toby D.

Kevin was wonderful to work with. He did an outstanding job on the cabinets. His finish work and quality were excellent. We would definitely hire Kevin again.

Description of Work
Custom Cabinets for dining room cutout

Category custom cabinets, woodworking

06/14/2020

Gretchen S.

Kevin was knowledgeable, accommodating, supportive, and reliable. He assisted in guiding the project and his expertise was most appreciated. This required removing the electric cooktop and oven, modifying the cabinets, modifying the granite countertop, running a gas line, adapting electrical, and installing the gas slide-in range.

Description of Work
Remove/replace an electric cooktop and oven with a gas, slide-in range

10/30/2019

Richelle H.

Well, Kevin is professional, polite, and delivered what was estimated. Quality of work was top notch, and Kevin did a great job explaining his services, planning the job with me (I was acting as GC) and getting the pantry and cabinet delivered and installed along with the other trades. The only "B" I gave him was for some minor delays due to some personal problems that he experienced (loss of a family member). I would hire Kevin again without hesitation for this type of work. Great job overall!

Description of Work
Custom Kitchen Cabinet and Pantry

Category custom cabinets, home remodeling

Thank you very much!! Yes, life happened while during this project, but these nice people were very understanding. An enjoyable project!!

10/30/2019

Nicole B.

Kevin was fantastic to work with! He initially helped with a small cabinet modification, and then later helped us with new countertops and modifying our island to be all counter height (the perimeter was previously bar height). Kevin was friendly and trustworthy, and went above and beyond to help us maintain a functional kitchen during the gap between having our island modified and having the new countertops installed. Once our new counters were installed Kevin even helped us redo the plumbing for the new sink. Absolutely would recommend him!

Description of Work
Cabinet Making

Category custom cabinets

You all were a pleasure to work with, especially the two little artists!!! The cutest little girls!!! I'd be honored to help you again, anytime!!

02/11/2019

Marc T.

Kevin is friendly, professional, and extremely responsive to all my communication. Unfortunately, he couldn’t help me with the issue but called around to find someone who could. He also uncovered a small leak in the dishwasher that could have gotten worse later. Will definitely contract him again if we need to have cabinet work done.

Description of Work
Dishwasher needs to be reset into the cabinet and reattached to the countertop following new flooring installation.

Category handyman service

Thank you my friend for the kind words, I'm not giving up on this obstacle!! :)

10/30/2018

Kim S.

The cabinets Kevin installed are beautiful. There were many challenges when it came to designing and installing the cabinets since the house is over 100 years old. Kevin was able to make the kitchen design fit the space with plenty of storage. I would hire him again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Full kitchen cabinet design and installation

Category custom cabinets, contractors, woodworking

10/30/2018

Diane J.

Kevin was professional, dependable, trustworthy and flexible, as he was willing to meet with us after work or on weekends. He was responsive to our wants and needs for the kitchen design. He offered great suggestions for custom accessories. He provided good quality workmanship and attention to detail, striving to make sure we were more than satisfied with the finished project. We feel Kevin went above and beyond in creating our beautiful kitchen.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

10/26/2018

Bill S.

We were very pleased with Kevin’s ideas and suggestions. The final product is high quality and his willingness to please was always present through out the project. We are more than happy to recommend him.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bathroom cabinets

Category custom cabinets, countertops, home remodeling

10/26/2018

Bernie N.

The whole process went great. We had questions about new cabinets and Kevin did a nice job of answering our questions and making recommendations that ended up making the cabinets and the project special. We had multiple projects going on in our home. Kevin patiently worked around our schedule to install the cabinets just when we needed them. Kevin was very easy to work with.

Description of Work
Installation of new cabinets in our master bathroom as part of a bathroom remodel

10/10/2018

Maria B.

Kevin did a great job. He showed up a few minutes before our scheduled time. He repaired our cabinet quickly and efficiently. Explained options for new components but agreed to fix the cabinet with existing components. Great job!

Description of Work
Repair trash pull out in kitchen

Category home remodeling

Thank you so much, it was a pleasure to help!!

03/14/2018

Tracy K.

I was having my cabinets painted and wanted to convert my hinges to hidden hinges. Kevin was very knowledgeable, professional and meticulous. He was very easy to work with and went out of his way to coordinate timing with my painters. I highly recommend Kevin, he might not be the cheapest option but his work is worth every penny!

Description of Work
Convert my cabinet hinges to hidden hinges.

Category custom cabinets, woodworking, home remodeling

DOUG K.

Kevin did a great job. He worked around my timeline and delivered an excellent product.

Description of Work
Built a custom bar and vanity for a basement

Category custom cabinets, countertops, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

Thanks so much my friend, always a pleasure working with you and your wife!!

DOUG K.

We personally refinished our cabinets and they were not level, so when the countertops were installed, there were gaps where the installers had to shim the countertops. Kevin installed trim around our cabinets and matched the paint to make the cabinets looks seamless with the new countertops. It was an odd job, but Kevin made everything look great.

Description of Work
Trim work on refinished cabinets

Category custom cabinets, countertops, woodworking, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Jay L.

Kevin expertly interpreted our design ideas for a custom vanity in both form and finish. He accommodated our timeline, the vanity was of very high quality, and his installation was flawless. Kevin is a craftsman and a pleasure to work with; we'd gladly hire him again!

Description of Work
Custom bathroom vanity and matching mirrors

Category custom cabinets, home remodeling

The communication between us just worked!! I'd be honored to work with you again. Thanks so much!!

06/01/2017

Juan C.

The whole process from beginning to end was handled exceptionally well by Kevin. My wife and I had an idea of what we wanted to do with our space, however Kevin brought that idea to reality and incorporated some features that ended up making this a great finished product. The finished cabinets look and feel like they have always been part of the house, we couldn't be more pleased with end result. It was great to deal with one person from estimate to installation, Kevin was very responsive to all of our requests and made sure that we were pleased with his work. If you are looking for high quality custom cabinetry, KB Finishes are the ones to call.

Description of Work
Custom cabinets for a room in our house that was under used due to no storage space or shelves for books.

Category custom cabinets, remodeling, woodworking

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was a pleasure working with the two of you, and would certainly honor the opportunity to work with you on future projects. People like you are what keeps me smiling day to day. Thank you again!!!!!

02/09/2017

Jessica R.

The project went great and we received exactly what we expected. Kevin did a great job installing the cabinets as well. We were pleasantly surprised that we could get custom cabinets for our space at almost the same price as cabinets from a box store with higher quality and service. We've also had him back to fix a kitchen cabinet and are looking forward to working with him in future homes renovation projects.

Description of Work
We had two bathroom vanities constructed and installed.

Category home remodeling

Thank you so much for your kind words, it's people just like you that keep me going from day to day, with a smile! Looking forward to our next project! Kevin

02/08/2017

Kathy R.

Kevin was extremely professional. He was responsive to our needs. The quality of the cabinets are excellent. He worked well with our other installers (tile, plumbing) to coordinate the timing of delivery. I would definitely recommend him if you are looking for a high quality product.

Description of Work
We had a customized vanity built in our master bathrooms.

Category home remodeling

It was a pleasure to work with you, and thank you for your very kind words.....call me anytime if you need my services again. Kevin

12/16/2016

Peggy W.

I simply can't say enough good things about Kevin. His punctuality, follow through, integrity and craftsmanship on the entire project was nothing but stellar. He was so easy to work with, was creative in solving some small challenging details, and relieved so much stress in a kitchen re-do. I will hire him again without hesitation. I also found his pricing extremely fair and the final invoice matched the bid price.

Description of Work
Removal of a drop in stove and double wall oven, I needed cabinet inserts and doors made to match the existing ones from the 80's. NO cabinet shops would not take the small job and other smaller shops said it they couldn't match them. I finally found Kevin, and he was a dream come true. They match perfectly and he also coordinated counter top installation all of which went more smoothly than I ever imagined.

Category custom cabinets, contractors, countertops, woodworking, home remodeling

What a wonderful lady to have had the privilege of working with. She asked for my assistance, always asked great questions, and always a pleasure to visit. Thank you so much for your kindness, please don't hesitate to call again!! Kevin

12/13/2016

Shannan N.

I am very pleased with how the cabinets turned out; Kevin is extremely easy to work with and went out of his way to make sure the job was done right. I would highly recommend KB Finishes.

Description of Work
Kitchen cabinets

10/28/2016

913barbara E.

Kevin Bainter was a pleasure to work with. His communication skills are top notch! He returned all my calls in a timely manner and was always very helpful with any questions I may have had. His craftsmanship is wonderful. I have received many compliments on how great my cabinets look. They have transformed my kitchen. During this time his workroom flooded and he still managed to get the job done by the time I needed it! I can't thank him enough! I would not hesitate to hire him again.

Description of Work
Built a new island, utility cabinet and bottom cabinet. Put new glass in upper cabinet, installed no show hinges, built roll out trays for pantry and bottom cabinets and replaced upper cabinet doors.

10/26/2016

ROBERT T.

Kevin began the work in December and finished it up in January after a break for Christmas and New Years holidays. He did a very nice job. The cabinets are very high quality with high quality hardware. The cabinets in the laundry and the vanity have pull out drawers with self closing glides. The finish on the cabinet and vanity doors is well done. Everything looks great. We are very happy with the work.

Description of Work
Built large double depth storage cabinets over washer and dryer in laundry. Built new vanity in powder room. Built new cabinet in powder room. Removed and replaced base shoe and door and window trim in powder room, laundry and part of kitchen. Removed and replaced entry door from garage, closet door and door to basement. All finished in maple and stained to match kitchen woodwork.

10/25/2016

Janet S.

Kevin was great to work with. He was very professional and cleaned up after himself all the time. He did excellent work and would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Remodeling: Bathroom and Bedrooms. Drywall replacement, tile and window replacement

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, drywall, replacement windows, home remodeling

10/25/2016

Kim S.

Everything is beautiful. My old cabinets look like they have always been where they are now. Kevin went out of his way to make every detail perfect.

Description of Work
Kevin moved my cabinets, added panels and trim to finish them, built an island and covered a support beam with wood slats.

Category custom cabinets, woodworking, home remodeling

You were an absolute joy to work with! I love it when we think out of the box, your creativity and talents were awesome to work beside. Please don't ever hesitate to call on me again....thank you!!! Kevin

10/24/2016

Janet S.

Kevin was easy to work with. Always cleaned up and did a great job. Would welcome him back anytime.

Description of Work
Had some remodeling done. Bathroom and Bedrooms. Tile, Drywall, windows, cabinet.

Rubi Siding and Windows LLC

We specialized in Window replacement, Window Wraps, and vinyl siding. No Egress Windows We have been in Business for 2015. We are owner Operated and fully license and insured As a company we put quality first above everything and get the job done right the first time.

Nu Home Inc

Call us for your window and siding installation and repair!

Andy's Pipe Dream

Andy's Pipe Dream is a family owned and operated plumbing, heating and cooling business located in Lenexa, Kansas, and serving the entire Kansas City metro area. Started in 2003, by Andy Alexander, we strive to give our customers something they have never seen. Polite customer care with a focus on helping people. Every business is designed to make a profit, but we choose to do it in an honest and caring way. Backed by over 28+ years of experience in all aspects of plumbing, heating and cooling. Andy is an expert at solving your plumbing needs. So the next time you need a help please call and ask for Andy.

Cabinet making, cabinet modifications, cabinet repair, cabinet doors and/or drawers, counter tops

As I understand the entire remodeling industry, I no longer offer tile, sheetrock, plumbing or electrical. I am happy to help you discuss your full service needs though.