Grant Renne & Sons Inc

Founded 1873 • With Angi since March 2004

1200 E 8th St

Kansas City, MO 64106

Grant Renne & Sons are contractors specializing in the repair of foundation problems. We have been in this phase of the construction industry since 1873, being family owned and operated for five generations. We are Kansas City's 6th oldest company in existence. We consult, advise and repair problems for small and large structures. Each project has its individual conditions, although many are similar. It is important that each be analyzed on a case-by-case basis, in order to determine what is to be recommended to correct the problem - either remedial or precautionary. Our long experience coupled with a continued search for new and better procedures based on sound and practical engineering, certifies our competence. The firm's list of satisfied clients in the Midwest numbers in the thousands including Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, national franchises, colleges, churches, homeowners, property managers and others. In many respects, the more difficult the work the more effective the application of our experience and technical skill. Our past record has been developed by devoting the same effort to a small job as to a large one....

07/27/2021

Bernie H.

Excellent. Mark Keys worked hard to get our house scheduled and repaired quickly so we could get it on the market to sell. They did great work at a great price. Took them two days to install 6 I-beam supports in the basement and to reinstall a window well.

Description of Work
Structural support of concrete basement walls.

Category contractors, foundation repair

12/06/2020

Kyle M.

Good experience, all involved were knowledgeable and proficient. Did good work, and even my neighbor commented on how immaculately they cleaned up afterwords. Easy company to deal with, would hire again.

Description of Work
Had two basement walls piered, two large and numerous small cracked filled and repaired.

Category structural engineer, foundation repair

09/29/2019

Eric C.

Was prompt for the appointment and explained to me that my issues weren't major and I just need to keep an eye on things to make sure they don't get worse and suggestions of things I could do to help.

Description of Work
Had them come out to look at some foundation settling issues to see if work was needed.

05/07/2018

Mary J.

The Workers arrived on time and were knowledgeable and respectful. They knew what they were doing and installed the sump pumps without incident.

Description of Work
Installation of sump pumps x2

Category wells, foundation repair

05/07/2018

Mary J.

Workers were on time, professional and explained project step by step. The sump pumps x2 were installed in a professional manner. I was very pleased with the job done.

Description of Work
Sump pumps installed x2

Category concrete repair, drain pipe, foundation repair

02/19/2018

Stephen S.

Very well, timely, well done and responive

Description of Work
Installed sump pump, replaced window wells and graded foundation on the outside

01/17/2018

jamie J.

just wanted to sell French drain, 2nd sump pump and encapsulate the area, never addressed my concerns

Description of Work
crawlspace flooding/damage

Category foundation repair

Please enter what you would like the response to look like:Thank you for taking time and giving us a review on Angie's List. I'm sorry your experience was not favorable, we take our customer's opinions seriously. We visited your home on August 30th, 2017 at 12:00PM, as agreed. It was observed that massive amounts of surface water was inundating the crawl space and this was affecting the center beam columns of the crawl space. It was suggested by us that the surface will be directed away from the crawl space. You communicated with our field representative that you did not want to approach the problem in this way. Further, you indicated to our field representative that any repair work to the columns, which were being applied by the drainage issue, would be done by friends or family. This being the case, no proposal or price for any kind of work was ever given or written. Finally, we did not propose the "encapsulation" of the crawl space, a service we do not provide. With over 140 years of being in business in Kansas City, we pride ourselves in our customer satisfaction. Sincerely, Angela Chrysostomou Office Manager [phone number removed]

09/19/2017

Tim W.

Straightforward, to the point, didn't dilly dally around. They've been pretty responsive.

Description of Work
They quoted for breaking two separate walls, and filling cracks, and installing two drains in the window well.

Category drain pipe, foundation repair

06/28/2017

Dean H.

They did a good job. They did a real good job. Our house had sunk down on one side. They actually went down and put some piers and lift it back up. It was a bit pricey but they did a good job. They did a good job with piers but the clean up was not the best. There was 4 or 5 people that completed the job. They explained everything. I had probably 4 companies and they all said the same thing.

Description of Work
They did some foundation repairs.

06/21/2017

Robert R.

Excellent work at an affordable price.

Description of Work
Bracing Foundation Wall

05/12/2017

Mike G.

Completed just prior to recent recent streak of heavy rain storms. It worked great! Bone dry inside. Without it, we surely would have been flooded again.

Description of Work
During heavy rainfalls, water was flooding into basement garage and living area. Installed drain gate in driveway outside of basement garage.

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe

02/28/2017

Chrystal J.

The estimator called and showed up on time. He looked at prior install and noticed issue right away. He looked at new space and how to integrate. Proposal provided within days. The scheduling was easy and very flexible. They worked around our schedule. The service technicians were very professional. I expected a complete mess as they were going to be taking out two foot of concrete along the wall, excavating, cutting into old section, etc. Expected to be cleaning concrete dust for months. They kept dust under control and cleaned up everything as they went. They were on time. I also overheard them talking and the older technician was training/helping the younger one learn how/why - that impressed me he was making sure he knew why. Job was not the pain I expected. What was shocking was how high the water table as excavation hold had standing water after dry spell and we sit on hill. No wonder this 100 year old house needed some help. Dry now!

Description of Work
Grant Renne corrected issues with a prior French drain installation and extended the connections to an additional portion of basement.

Category basement waterproofing

02/07/2017

Rachel N.

I could not be happier with my decision to hire Grant Renne to take care of my basement needs. From start to finish, I always felt like I was in great hands! Prior to and during the work, the company was honest and responsive. They started on time and from there, the work went smoothly. The guys who worked on my home were friendly, diligent and professional. I also appreciate the clean work throughout the entire job. Without any hesitation, I would recommend Grant Renne and Sons Inc.!

Description of Work
I had water coming in through the walls and floor of my basement. An interior drain was installed to fix the water problem. I also had a sump pump pit that needed to be dug deeper. The bottom of the pit had a 6 inch concrete base that needed to be removed.

Category concrete repair, excavators, basement waterproofing

02/02/2017

Julie I.

Very well. The folks were professional, quiet , and created as little mess as possible.

Description of Work
Foundation braced

05/23/2016

Jeff M.

Mark was very professional and courteous. He did not try to up-sell work needed, in fact, he recommended that I not get any unnecessary work done at this time. His suggestion involved having repairs and upgrades done that do not involve his company. The honest and customer-first approach, even at the expense of not generating business, was refreshing and very appreciated!

Description of Work
Mark from Grant Renne & Sons Inc came out to survey and provide an estimate for potential repairs regarding water in our finished basement during the very heavy rains of May.

Category landscaping, basement waterproofing, foundation repair

01/16/2016

Kenneth B.

Ross responded quickly to my request for an estimate. He was punctual and very professional. I did not engage Grant Renne's services because I decided to improve the exterior drainage before having any more foundation work done. If I ever need foundation work in the future, I will strongly consider this company.

Description of Work
Ross provided an estimate on foundation repair work.

Category excavators, plumbing, foundation repair

11/04/2015

Mary T.

The price was comparable to the other estimates I got. What I liked most though was they were the only one that took the time to do a little water test to make sure it was known how the water was coming in so they knew better about a possible solution to fix it. Their people were very professional.

Description of Work
Tore down a brick wingwall and patched up the corner of the house to prevent water from leaking in over the foundation to the basement. Filled in a crack in one corner of the basement. And widened a window well.

Category concrete repair, drywall, landscaping, masonry, plumbing, basement waterproofing, wells, foundation repair

08/17/2015

CONNIE P.

Background: I contacted Grant Renne because a paint estimator was looking at some wood rot and thought the foundation behind a board might have a structural issue. Grant Renne sent Mark out a couple of days after my call to them. He was able to remove some of the board and debris behind it to show me the foundation had actually been designed with an indent there (possibly for a sliding door that was never installed). At any rate, Mark assured me that there was no structural issue or evidence of damage. Even when I insisted that I'd like to pay for his evaluation, he said no. They only accept money when they do work on the foundation. His input gave me peace of mind that I wasn't about to just cover up a problem. Thank you Grant Renne and Mark Keys.

Description of Work
Mark Keys came out from the company and gave me a free assessment of my foundation. He was very pleasant, honest, and professional.

08/10/2015

Rufus Y.

The schedule was impacted by all the rains we had for the past several months, (certainly not their fault) but Mike kept calling and updating me on the expected date to start. They were great to do business with and the workmanship is excellent. .

Description of Work
Repaired drainage along garage wall, installed supports along interior wall.

Category plumbing, foundation repair

07/13/2015

Mary L.

It went very well, they came out did an assessment, didn't try to sell me anything I did not need. Gave me the best option out of 4 companies that I had come out. A little difficulty getting scheduled but that was not their fault it was because of so much rain in the area. They put me on the short list because most of my work was inside and it went very well. I am very happy with the work and so far no water in my basement. I would use them again, very honest, up front, I only gave them a c on price because I think it was fair, expensive things are never excellent :) The price was within range of all the others that I had contacted in fact they were less expensive than most and what they suggested was the best option.

Description of Work
Installed indoor french drain system

Category plumbing, basement waterproofing, drain pipe, foundation repair

05/19/2015

Adrienne H.

Mark came out to our home and walked through what would need to be done, even though his company couldn't provide the specific excavation needed for the repairs. He also took his time and looked at other areas of the home and addressed my concerns regarding settling, cracks, etc. He never tried to sell me something I didn't need, and even advised me not to listen to other companies if they added on additional repairs beyond the problem we are having. He was professional, courteous and very helpful in our decision making process on the next step to repair our home's foundation problems. I will call them in the future if we ever have different types of repairs that need done!

Description of Work
Examined the problem areas of the foundation inside and outside, explained problem and solution.

Category excavators, foundation repair

12/12/2014

P P.

My initial contact with the receptionist was pleasant and efficient and we set up and appointment for Grant Renne to come by my home. I also sent them a copy of the engineers report that I had. Grant came at the schedule time and did a review of my home, listening to and answering my questions, and making recommendations as we went. He gave his opinion and comments on the engineers recommendations. He said he would send a report with a bid on some of the work that I might have done. I received the report promptly, and it was clear and easily understandable. At this point I have opted not to go ahead with any work, but may use them in the future.

Description of Work
I was getting bids on foundation work , based on a structural engineer's report I had done for my home.

11/16/2014

Kathryn H.

We contacted this company because we had had water get into our basement. This occurred during a very large rain in the late summer because our house had settled over the years causing the ground to slope toward the foundation instead of away by several inches. Of the bids and suggestions we got to remedy this situation, theirs was the best solution. They removed the excess dirt in the yard that was creating the problem and formed a drainage path directing the water away from the house and toward the street. They also built up the dirt along the foundation. It took a while for them to schedule the work due to the amount of rain we had in late summer and early fall. They needed the ground to be dry to get the best results. The day they started I received a call asking if I was wanting to save some of the flowers along the foundation. I thought that was very considerate and also speaks to their willingness to please their customers. I had already transplanted all I had planned to save, so I do not know what they would have done had I wanted to save the flowers. The only hiccups in getting this project completed were weather related. Even though this was out of their control, they kept apologizing and reassuring us that they would get to us as soon as they could. We are quite pleased with the results of their labor and would definitely use them again, though I hope it is never necessary.

Description of Work
Fixed grading and drainage issue.

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

08/21/2014

Bruce B.

Out of 4 companies we were considering, we went with this one as their price was a little better. We had a good feeling about them too and felt that they'd do a better job based on the Angie's List reviews.

Description of Work
We've scheduled them to do some work in our basement.

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

07/26/2014

Craig S.

Grant Renne did an outstanding job overall. They started work promptly as scheduled. The job took about a week and went very smoothly. At the end they cleaned up and smoothed out all the ground surfaces where they worked and left my yard in great shape.

Description of Work
Excavated foundation wall to the footing level, patched all cracks and crevices, applied waterproofing to the entire wall and installed a footing drain leading to daylight in the back yard. They also removed surrounding brush and an old dry rotted tree stump so they could do the work.

Category excavators, landscaping, basement waterproofing, drain pipe, foundation repair

AFFORDABLE MUDJACKING

We Use Traditional Mudjacking Methods and Polyurethane Methods Depending On Your Specific Need. Mudjacking- The Process of raising and leveling concrete by pumping or injecting a mixture of water, sand, soil, cement under a settling slab. The mixture often referred to as "mud" or slurry, cures to create a stable fill. The slurry will fill the voids and the pressure will build to push the concrete up back towards original position. The hardened mix will be lighter than concrete but more stable than the soil underneath. We also use the polyurethane method of correction. Also known as: mud jacking, concrete lifting, concrete leveling, concrete raising, grout pumping, slab jacking, grout filling, void filling, poly-jacking, foam jacking.

C&G Waste

Call today for concrete services.

Jaigo Construction LLC

We are specialists in masonry , We install brick ,cinder block , Stone And Stucco with color or natural , We Do Concrete , drive ways , side walks - we are are a family company we have 20 years of experience normally company’s give a one year guarantee we give you Two Years guarantee , We have a lot of satisfied costumers and we also have a lot of good references so if you guys need opinions you can always contact them

Check, Visa, Discover

Foundation Repair, Wall Reinforcement, Wall Replacement, Waterproofing, Interior & Exterior Drain Systems, Swales, French Drains, Sump Pump Installation, Pressure Grouting, Grading, Tuck Pointing, Crack Repair, Underpinning Concrete & Steel Piers & Concrete Mudjacking.