We are temporarily closed.

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched

Exterior Energy Consultants of Kansas City

Founded 1983 • With Angi since January 2004

6409 N Oak Trfy

Kansas City, MO 64118

If you have been thinking of giving your home a makeover, you’ve picked the perfect time. Siding, roofing, gutters, windows and doors has never had a better range of design options and it is truly impressive. You won’t see us on TV or hear us on the radio, what you will see is that we pride ourselves on keeping overhead low so we can pass those savings on to you. Over 80% of our work is referrals from previous customers so our reputation is everything to us. We offer multiple low and no cost financing options. Give us a call today to have one of our experienced sales consultants out to your home for a Free Estimate. Weekend and evening appointments also available. We are proud to be family owned & operated locally since 1984 with over 18,000 satisfied customers. We are a Preferred contractor with most all Insurance companies. Qualified Remodeler magazine Top 500 Award winner. Owens Corning and GAF preferred contractor. A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. Additional phone number 816-468-8400...

07/10/2021

claudia P.

The staff is wonderful and very helpful. Howards was knowledgeable and personable. He answered questions promptly. The installers were professional and friendly. They also were willing to answer questions. They worked hard and were tidy. They apologized for the weather as if they could control that. I am very pleased with the finished product. It looks wonderful and they stuck to the estimated cost. The disruption to our lives was less than I has imagined.

Description of Work
Siding, wood rot, replacing existing windows

Category siding, replacement windows

Thank you for trusting us with your home project and the kind words, we do our very best and as you know weather can often slow us down so we appreciate your patience threw out it.

05/25/2020

Greg W.

Not only was EECKC the lowest bid, but they were the only ones that could give me the siding I wanted. I researched and found the siding with the highest R-value: Kaycan Ocean Park XL Ultra. They got it done fast. House looks so much better. Overall, I'm very happy with the result. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Siding + windows

Category siding, replacement windows, appliance refinishing

04/17/2020

Billy W.

Kenny, Tim and the team did a fantastic job. Very professional, cleaned up well at the end of the day and did a great job on the new Roof. Recommend highly!

Description of Work
Full Roof Replacement

02/22/2020

Jeffrey B.

They replaced the roof in a timely manner and cleaned up afterwards. I'm no roofing expert but it seems they did a good job.

Description of Work
roof replacement

12/19/2019

Jennifer M.

Kenny Craig (and crew) are simply the best!! We had a very unique siding job for our Terra-Dome. Kenny took the time to listen to our needs and vision for our home and made it happen. We take pride in our home and now the outside shows its beauty and uniqueness. We received several siding bids but choose Exterior Energy because Kenny was genuine in making sure a great job would be performed. Everything was very well thought out and we definitely made the right decision picking you/EEC as our contractor. Thank you Kenny!!!!

Description of Work
Siding and guttering

No No

12/06/2019

Jon H.

EEC replaced the windows on our house. We couldn’t be happier with the windows and the service we received. The windows are great and the installation was quick and clean. Our house is much more comfortable and quieter. They also replaced our roof after a hail storm and did an excellent job. The were quick with the work, used quality materials and cleaned up after themselves. I’ve referred EEC to my friends, coworkers and neighbors.

Description of Work
Roofing and windows

Category gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows

09/16/2019

Cathy G.

They do a great job, quality work. There was a little delay, but due to supplier. We are very pleased with the results, and it cost less than we thought it might. The workers were very friendly and responsive.

Description of Work
Insulated vinyl siding, 8 new windows, new gutters.

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows

07/22/2019

Craig G.

Great!!! Very satisfied. All workers were professional and proficient. I would give them an A+ rating. Price was comparable to other companies.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Category roofing, siding

05/17/2019

Larry S.

This vent was allowing birds into the dryer. I tried for years to get the HOA to install a screen to no avail. Then I thought of EEC who did a good job of entire house new siding 8 years ago. They had the screen installed the next day! Thank you EEC.

Description of Work
Bird screen installed on 3rd floor dryer vent.

Category insulation, siding

04/20/2019

James L.

Windows are superior quality. Great experience.

Description of Work
Windows for new construction house

02/08/2019

Kenda W.

quality with customer service. We love our new doors and windows.

Description of Work
doors and windows

Category replacement windows, doors

01/28/2019

MICHAEL R.

Before calling Exterior Energy Consultants (EEC) we met with 5 other replacement window companies in the Kansas City area. None of them could provide exactly what we wanted in the colors we wanted and all frankly were out of our budget. In desperation, we were referred to Tim with EEC by a neighbor. Tim has been in the business a long time but when we sat down with him, he put us completely at ease. Tim said he could give us exactly what we wanted at a price within our budget. To say he delivered on his word is an understatement. Mike Smith was scheduled to do our installation and he was extremely proficient, courteous, and considerate. He repeatedly told us he would not leave the job site until we were 100% satisfied and happy with this work. During installation, considerable wood rot was revealed under one window which required removal of the lap siding, exterior trim, OSB panel, and even several studs. Tim gave us a reasonable price and Mike performed the repairs expertly. We will never find a better team than these two and a better company to do business with than EEC. For what its worth, we decided going in to have the brick mould, stop, and sill replaced as part of each window installation. We are glad we did otherwise the wood rot would not have been revealed until after much more damage occurred. The additional cost with EEC was reasonable and well worth it as the finished product is much more attractive than a typical "wrap" installation as it is called in the industry.

Description of Work
Replace 13 windows in our home

12/01/2018

John W.

Kenny explained the process thoroughly. Workers were on time and worked quickly and relatively quietly - which was important to me because I work from home. Installed light fixtures as well as replaced the roof and gutters. Did a great job working around some not so good weather. Good cleanup.

Description of Work
Roof replaced

Category gutter repair, lighting, roofing

Thank you very much for your business. I'll let the guys know you were pleased with their work, thank you very much for your positive review.

11/20/2018

Mark J.

Smoothly. Completed the work in a out 21/2 business days

Description of Work
New roof, gutters, and siding had to be replaced due to hail damage.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our services. Although its never fun to have storm damage we appreciate you entrusting us with the opportunity to have been a part of repairing your homes damage.

11/18/2018

Don G.

Replaced them all in 2 days and was done. Finished up. Cleaned up. Hauled off all the old windows. I thought he did a great job.

Description of Work
Replaced 11 old leaky wooden windows and storm windows and a lot of rotted window sills.

Category replacement windows

It was our pleasure working for you. Thank you for your positive review.

10/21/2018

Jim C.

I was extremely satisfied with his work

Description of Work
Ken Criag did roof repairs and as he did the work he found problems not listed in his original estimate but he also fixed those with no increase in the price

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am glad you are happy with our service. let us know if we can ever be of any help in the future.

10/09/2018

Tom B.

I have used EEC before so I knew I would get a good job.

Description of Work
Roofing and siding

Category roofing, siding

Very much appreciate your strong endorsement of our company. We much appreciate your positive review and your continued business, we know its customers like yourself that make the difference.

10/09/2018

Tom D.

Excellent, everything went just as they said it would. Installers were very friendly and protected our home during process

Description of Work
Windows and gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows

10/06/2018

Mike M.

Very well. Signed contracts on Thursday and crew arrived on Friday with new siding and ready to work. Had to replace a lot of rotted wood first. Looks great.

Description of Work
New siding

Category siding

We very much appreciate your kind comments. This year we celebrating our 35th anniversary in business. So, as you would expect, we have gained a lot of experience during that time and its not abnormal to find wood rot thus the reason our crews keep the proper materials on hand just incase they come across it so we can keep the job moving and create the least amount of inconvenience as possible for you. Thanks again for your positive review.

10/05/2018

Melinda K.

Great! Great people to work with. They were very helpful in our decision as to what we wanted. They let us know about everything that was available. We will definitely recommend them to family and friends. Thank you EEC!

Description of Work
Siding, windows and roofing

Category roofing, siding, replacement windows

Thank you so much for the kind words and your vote of confidence in us, it truly means a lot and the biggest compliment we could ever receive is when our customers refer us to there Family and Friends. We appreciate the positive review.

09/19/2018

Bruce A.

Horrific! The crews were good to work with but there was a definite communications barrier. My biggest complaint was Window replacement. I was told a different crew than the siding guys would do the work because they were better at it (my first mistake in listening to them). The siding crew did the work and did a terrible job. The windows weren’t caulked and they leak. Wood is starting to rot around the rough openings on a couple of bedroom windows. I ordered new construction windows because we were getting new siding but they took measurements for replacements; however, I caught the error. I think it made them mad because there was a lot of phone calls between them after that. Had they talked to me more and spent some time looking at the existing windows, I probably could have been talked into replacements over new construction. Instead, they took a less honest approach and got caught. Recently, I contacted them to come out and fix the bedroom windows. You could barely push on them and almost fall through; no energy savings here! The guy who did the original measure came and put a couple of screws in the trim and told me they’d be back to finish sealing them up when they could and I didn’t need to be home. Months later, still haven’t seen them. This is the most absurd way to do business I’ve ever encountered. Very unprofessional and I’d recommend them to no one. The aggravation continues... The gutters are fine but some downspouts are questionably placed and the slope in the back is too level. The siding looks good except some oil canning. Overall, stay away.

Description of Work
Window replacement, new vinyl siding, guttering replacement.

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows

I see you had this work performed early 2016, the company has since changed ownership but as the current owner I am not aware of your situation but I would welcome a conversation to what I can do to change your opinion of EEC moving forward.

09/11/2018

Caleb J.

Exterior siding was incredible. Literally 50% cheaper than the other 2 bids I got from competitors. Very clean, polite and professional installers. Owner did a final walk through of the job before I paid. 10/10 would use again.

Description of Work
Vinyl siding

Category siding

Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We appreciate your review and thank you for posting a picture of your beautiful home !!! .

09/07/2018

Chris P.

After a load of quotes on painting, siding repair, etc, my wife and I contacted Exterior Energy Consultants. The salesman, Nathan, came out to our house for a quote and samples. Much to our surprise, there was no pressure, and no annoying sales pitch. Nathan reviewed everything with us and supplied us with multiple quotes for the different types of siding. We took several days to discuss and then contacted Nathan with our decision. The toughest part of this whole process was choosing a color. Within about 2 weeks, we had a crew out to begin work on the siding. They were hard working and polite. Everything was done in about a week and the result was fantastic. They cleaned everything up and Nathan came by several times to check things out during the process. We are extremely pleased with the finished product. We felt the price was reasonable, especially when comparing to painting and wood rot repair quotes. I will definitely use them again in the future for any other services they offer.

Description of Work
New vinyl siding and new gutters.

06/01/2018

Angela J.

A 5 story tree fell on our 2 story house. They came out without letting us know..we could not stay in the home. So no one was there to let them in. They were suppose to tear off and replace our roof, and quite a few rafters. Instead they put a patch over the huge hole and then put new shingles on the entire roof. Without fixing any of the rafters or the rest of the roofing that was still hanging into the upstairs rooms. We gave them a second chance to fix it. And all they did was attach some new boards to the broken rafters under the roof that was already done. There were a few rafters that were completely missing, they added some new ones but they weren't even nailed into the roof and they didn't touch the framework of the house. They were being held up be the framework of the busted ceiling. We asked them if they would want themselves or their families sleeping under this roof. They shook their heads. We refused to pay for a roof we couldn't keep.

Description of Work
Replacement roof/rafters

Hello, I am very sorry to here about your experience. I am not familiar with your situation. As the new general manager I would welcome a conversation to see what I can do to change your opinion.

04/18/2018

Christine S.

Very quick timeline from estimate to installation. Reasonable prices. Installers were polite and cleaned everything up. The house looks fantastic!

Description of Work
Windows, sliding door and roof

Category roofing, replacement windows, doors

Thank You! Our Pleasure! Enjoy your New Roof and Windows! We Appreciate Your Business!!

Dock Pros

With over 8 years of personal hands on experience, we are here to help you with any garage door sales and service needed or warehouse dock equipment sales and service

Royal Exterior Services

Royal Exterior Services is a locally owned & operated exterior cleaning service. We offer both residential & commercial cleaning and constantly work on improving our craft. Please give us a call or click for an estimate today!

A+ Insulation

A+ Insulation was established in 2004 to bring you the best in home insulation and superior customer service. We’re dedicated to providing top quality insulation products to increase your home’s thermal efficiency and keep you warm in winter and cool in summer. As part of our commitment to customer service, A+ Insulation always offers fair, competitive prices because we believe that a comfortable home should be affordable. Licensed, bonded, and insured, Fair competitive prices, Certainteed Certified Master Craftsman, Free inspections, Conveniently located in Lenexa, KS, A+ Insulation serves the insulation needs of the greater Kansas City area, including Overland Park, Shawnee, Leawood, Olathe, Mission, Prairie Village, and other area towns. We strive to provide the best insulation contractor services by always being dependable, honest, and hard-working. We’re a local, owner-operated company, and we put an emphasis on bringing our neighbors the absolute best in customer, We're out in the cold to keep you warm and we're out in the heat to keep you cool! For your protection and peace of mind, A+ Insulation is licensed, bonded, and insured. We are also members of the Blow-In-Blanket Contractors Association (BIBCA) and have earned the status of CertainTeed Certified Master Craftsman. Additional DBA - A Plus Insulation.

Offers by A+ Insulation on Angi

2021-9439
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing

All types of siding, replacement windows, soffit, fascia, windows, entry doors, patio doors, door wraps, guttering, solar energy, skylights & roofing.