Dry Basement Foundation Repair

Founded 1975 • With Angi since January 2004

5121 E Front St

Kansas City, MO 64120

Dry Basement Foundation Repair has served Kansas City and the area since 1975 in Basement Waterproofing, Foundation Repair, Sump Pump installation and Basement Finishing and Remodeling. We've got 50 employees and do not use subcontractors. All costs are determined on a job by job basis. No travel

06/08/2022

Rod B.

They were excellent. On time, professional, easy to reach. And this is the third time we hire them.

Description of Work
Installed water proofing system and some pump.

08/22/2018

Melissa F.

Had an appointment today to get foundation done, (8/21/18) didn't get a call till 3:30 letting me know that they won't be able to come till tomorrow. Not appreciated when I had to take off of work for this to be done! Now the next day and they were to be here between 8-9 didn't show up till about 10. I was told it was a one day project however they left at 3:45, and I will have to take another day out of work tomorrow for them to come back and finish since they need inside the house. Excessive cursing all day long, broke a pipe yet didn't bother to tell me, until I asked about it when they were leaving. Apparently they didn't realize I could hear what they were saying outside. They had issues with their tools working, one even asked if he should throw the thing through the window....nice to know they care so much about other peoples property. Was to receive a call back about compensation, I had to call again since no one could give me a call back. No communication and consideration for other people's time.

Description of Work
Foundation Repair

02/07/2018

JL F.

Job was great. Very professional, on time getting there and finishing job. Clean everything up and would hire again.

Description of Work
Repaired a 2 holes in foundation that wood burning stove pipes ran through. Patch some minor cracks in one wall. Also removed foundation of the old chimney.

Category concrete repair, foundation repair

01/28/2018

Martha B.

About one week after the inspection the company returned and fixed everything. It now looks a lot more like what we had been promised and were expecting. They even replaced the hammer they broke as promised. I would hire Dry Basement again. They owned their mistakes and corrected them. They really did put the customer first. Thanks guys.

Description of Work
I reviewed this company when the work was completed and I had indicated that I would not hire them again or recommend them. I called them back two days after completion with complaints on the installation of the water proofing they installed along with the sump pump and drainage system. About a week later they called back and made an appointment to come out and inspect our concerns. A supervisor (can't recall his name) and a crew supervisor arrived at the scheduled time. They listened, inspected, took photos and determined that we had legitimate complaints. He said that all issues would be resolved as soon as possible.

09/09/2017

Michelle Z.

The estimate process went great, we've really been impressed with the sales folks they send out. He was very flexible about timing, and spent quite a bit of time preparing the documents. We ultimately did not hire Drybasement to remodel the basement because the estimate was considerably more (to the tune of about $52K), including creating an egress window somewhere along the foundation - an expense we did not take into account. While we did not choose to move ahead with Drybasement on this project, we do still have our sump pump serviced by them and would not hesitate to recommend them to others.

Description of Work
We've had Drybasement out on a couple of jobs, once to install retaining piers along the north and south walls in the basement, and a different time to install draining lines along the entire perimeter of the foundation. So when we were ready to consider remodeling the basement, we asked Drybasement for an estimate. We aimed for middle of the road on material estimates. The work would entail creating an "L" shape in the basement along the long side, redoing the bathroom that we tore out during the foundation repair work, and doing a bit of work to remodel the stairs down into the basement. It probably covered between 3/5 - 2/3 of the basement space that would be remodeled.

Category basement waterproofing, home remodeling, basement remodeling

09/04/2017

mark N.

Great. He took the time to explain everything and answer all of my questions. It was a small price to pay in order to have peace of mind regarding the soundness of my home. I now know what issues there are for me to address.

Description of Work
Structural inspection.

Category structural engineer

03/13/2017

Hans L.

very well except for minor work area cleanup issues that I had to cleanup. Also their backlog time was two months

Description of Work
Basement level waterproofing, approximately 27 linear feet of footing drain tile, wall membrane and dual pumps in a sump basin.

09/26/2016

CYDNEY M.

Got an appointment for an estimate very quickly. Estimator was right on time, extremely professional, and explained things thoroughly and very understandably. The company's methods and materials all seemed very first class. I let him know I had to finish getting estimates and would provide a decision in a couple of weeks. It took a little longer than that, but I finished getting estimates and made my decision to go with this company, but I had one question about a possible change in the work, based on some information/comments I had received from another company's estimator. During this time, I received a letter and at least one postcard from the company, indicating they were eager for my business. Even though cost was higher than some of the other estimates, I decided to have this company do the work, because of the high quality of the materials and the design; I felt that the absolute guarantee offered was something I really did want. During the first week of September, I called and left a message specifically for the estimator that I had made my decision, but had a question and wanted to talk to him. After two weeks of not hearing back, I called and left another message. It's been about another two weeks and I still have not heard from anyone at the company. I guess they aren't that eager for my business after all.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

Category basement waterproofing

[Member Name Removed], we apologize for the lapse in time since your review was posted and our response. We just became aware of your posting today, it appears that there were some technical difficulties with us receiving our notifications. We would like to let you know that during the time period in which you were working with our company your estimator resigned from his position and that is why you did not receive a response from him. We would be more than happy to get another estimator out to see you if you are still looking to have the work done. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to help you.

08/23/2016

Alene W.

Not so well. Inside where we could see, water has stopped coming in. But they hid the problem areas in a section that has a sump pump with vinyl sheeting against the wall. Not sure how well that area is doing but the mold smell is horrendous and getting worse. We had to call them back out numerous times, with just barely adequate results. Also... that sump pump doesn't seem to be doing the job. They also messed up the electrical system by trying to put more on connections that couldn't hold the load. We had to have the electrical connections repaired.

Description of Work
Sealing cracks in basement and garage. Preventing water from seeping in. Keeping foundation stable.

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe, foundation repair

Hello, We would like to apologize for the delay in getting back to you in regards to your home. There seems to of been some sort of technical difficulty in regards to us receiving our messages. I have pulled your file and taken a look at it. I do see where we were out on February 16, 2016, but do not have any record of any other calls/issues. If there are still unresolved issues please call us at 816-741-8500, so that we may continue to help you. Thank you, Caiti Fryer Dry Basement, Inc.

02/23/2016

Regina S H I.

They did a superb job for us. It went great. First they came out for a repair, then they gave us a recommendation and a bid. They called in advance and actually sent us pictures of who would be coming ahead of time so we knew who the crew was. When the guys showed up they were clean. Doing the foundation is messy work, but they were as clean as possible and did an excellent job. They told us the basic timeline of how long they would be there and how long the repair would take. They stuck to the timeline and told us what to expect from the repair. We knew before going into it what it was going to cost and what was involved. There were no surprises at all. We knew what to expect and they stuck to the plan. They did an overall great job of reassuring us how it would go and what their product offered.

Description of Work
I used Dry Basement Foundation Repair for a repair. They repaired a leak in our finished basement.

12/25/2015

Robert O.

John Borcherding from Dry Basement Foundation Repair provided a free inspection of my home after I had reported an issue with leaks in my basement. He was extremely knowledgeable and was able to provide detailed answers to my current problems and was able to identify some major issues that I had not noticed. He also detailed my options for repairing the problems and pricing for each type of repair possible. I was very impressed and look forward to working with this company in the future once I have the financing.

Description of Work
Inspected basement and foundation. Explained current issues found and provided options for repair and maintenance.

11/10/2015

LAURA AND GARY R.

Jeremy was excellent. He was friendly, knowledgeable, punctual and efficient. This company should get a gold star for hiring such high quality workers. He explained what he found during his inspection and answered all of my questions. I would definitely recommend this company and Jeremy to a friend.

Description of Work
Jeremy came to our house, inspected the foundation and walls, took measurements with a laser level, and made recommendations for repairing the cracks.

10/25/2015

Clark A.

They came to my home and immediately let us know this was not a foundation issue. The estimator pointed out the problem and suggested we contact a general contractor. They never tried to sell us a service that was not needed.

Description of Work
They came out to give me an estimate for stopping water from entering my garage.

Category remodeling, basement waterproofing

10/22/2015

EARL K.

It went perfect. The crew was on time and brought all of their supplies and tools to get the job done in a very efficient manner. The were also very pleasant to work with.

Description of Work
Did major basement work to prevent water from coming in.

10/19/2015

PATRICIA I.

Everything went very well. The technician who came out was very, very helpful. He went beyond the call of duty in removing 3 dead mice from the crawl space for us, too!!

Description of Work
Examined the sump pump and brought it up to 100% working capacity. Changed filter on the Sani Dry

Category plumbing, basement waterproofing, wells

10/12/2015

Wiley F.

They came when they said they would and did a good jon

Description of Work
Fixed the area that was leaking and put in another sump pump in case it ever leak again

Category plumbing, basement waterproofing, wells

05/27/2015

JUDITH R.

Amazing! They dug up four piers on the driveway and replaced the concrete all in one day including three more on the side and took out the debris from the timbers. I would use them again and recommend them. They are very friendly!

Description of Work
Installed seven tiers.

05/13/2015

Randall P.

Very pleased with result. The initial inspection was done promptly and proposed solution explained very well. On day of service, techs arrived promptly and got right to work. Worked steadily and got the job done in two days. One of the things I was very pleased with is how they were careful to not do any more damage to the yard than necessary. Cleanup was exceptional and I had grass growing back fairly soon. Did not have to do a lot of raking or smoothing of the area. They had already done that as part of the clean up. Would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Installed 10 piers to raise and stabilize foundation

03/31/2015

Tim H.

Curtis showed up on time and spent a great deal of time evaluating the job. He then showed me exactly where the seepage problem was occurring and then went over their dry basement system with me. He made sure I understood what was involved in job and how their system would alleviate the problem. Curtis spent more time explaining the situation and solution to me than any of the other companies, and his system made the most sense to me for the long term. This was one of 4 bids we got for the job, and although his bid was higher than the other three (price is the only "B" rating I gave them) I decided to use their system. We had a bit of a wait due to the drought and the number of jobs they had scheduled, but the crew showed up on the day scheduled and got right to work. The work took two and a half days, but when they were done the basement was cleaned of all debris and the water leakage was stopped. This past year has been the first in the eleven we have lived here that we did not have water leakage in the basement. I am completely satisfied with the work done, and would without reservation recommend this company.

Description of Work
installed their dry basement system along the inside back wall of our basement, waterproofed the outside basement wall, installed new window wells with drains that feed into the dry basement system, and installed a dual sump pump.

Category plumbing, water damage restoration, replacement windows, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe

[Member name removed], Thank you for your review on our company. Our commitment to detail as well as making sure that you understand all aspects to the solution is very important to us. When people spend their money with a company, they want to be sure of what they are getting. Your experience with the bid process is very similar with our other customers. Although we typically are not the highest in price, we are rarely the lowest. The promise to you is that we stand by our work and want to make sure that you only have to fix it once! Thanks again, Brad Bowers Business Development Manager

03/06/2015

Jane B.

It appeared our large front porch was the original problem and previous owner never leveled correctly - over the past 10 years the porch was settling putting stress on the outer wall which in turn pinched our foundation floor. Cracks started to appear in laundry room, bedroom and hall . Since we were starting a renovation of our bathroom we decided to ask Dry Basement to give us a bid - glad we did. Best advice I can offer is when you see foundation "issues" the sooner you mitigate the problem the better. We contracted the repair which was explained very thoroughly. The team arrived on Day 1 and worked all day - only thing I was not prepared for was seeing all of the dirt - it can overwhelm any homeowner at first. Day 2 was the same - working all day. Day 3 job was complete mid afternoon. The crew was professional and focused and answered every question we asked. The foreman was exception. The cleanup was good. Both my husband and I feel like we are now subject matter experts on foundation repair because every step of the process was explained so completely. I asked several people for a reference and Dry Basement was the company mentioned the most. I would recommend the firm without hesitation. Again - I want to reiterate that taking care of foundation repair early will save you money in the long run.

Description of Work
lifted basement floor (using 14 piers) and leveled front vertical wall

Category basement waterproofing, home remodeling, foundation repair

[member name removed] Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. Even though we always want to hear about anything we can improve on, we appreciate all the positive feedback too. We strive to keep all of our homeowners well informed throughout the entire process, from estimator to the trucks loaded up ready to leave. We are currently celebrating our 40th year in business here at Dry Basement® and are confident that with the service we provide, coupled with the word of mouth recommendations from people like you, we will continue for many years to come. Thanks again, Brad Bowers Business Development Manager

01/30/2015

Andrew M.

It went very well. Engineer was very knowledgeable and seemed to know what he was talking about. They provided a very thorough written assessment with pictures a few days after the inspection was performed with exactly what was recommended be done in my basement.

Description of Work
Inspected foundation and provided written structural assessment

Category basement waterproofing, structural engineer, foundation repair

01/29/2015

Leah W.

The structural engineer they sent to my home was courteous and professional. (I rated a B for responsiveness due to a miscommunication with the appointment date and time - once I called that the appointment was missed they rescheduled for the next day and were punctual.) He sat me down to give me a rundown of the structural assessment he was providing and made sure my questions were all answered. The visit was very informative and he gave me great information to revise my remodel plans. Thank you Dry Basement!

Description of Work
Dry Basement Foundation Repair provided me with a structural assessment of my residence. I needed to find out which walls were load bearing in order to move forward with some minor changes to a couple of closets.

Category remodeling, structural engineer, foundation repair, basement remodeling

01/23/2015

Larry C.

The engineer did an excellent job of inspecting, explaining, and answering my questions. The company, which arranged for the inspection was slow in making arrangements.

Description of Work
Structural engineer's written report reinspection of foundation crack.

12/30/2014

Brett S.

The engineer was professional and polite, however, the company that own's the engineering firm owns Dry Basement Foundation Repair. The possible conflict of interest is addressed with a form you sign, but I would still likely have an independent engineering firm do the structural analysis next time.

Description of Work
Written Structural Assessment Report by a Structural Engineer

Category basement waterproofing, structural engineer

12/09/2014

Jay A.

Alan came out from his engineering firm which is contracted to work with Dry Basement. I'm a realtor and needed this done for a client who was concerned about cracks in the foundation. I was a bit skeptical that maybe this was just a way for Dry Basement to say there were major problems and we needed a fix that would cost thousands of dollars. However, Alan was very professional and conducted his exam just as I'd expect an engineer would. He pointed out to me why everything was okay in the house and that the repairs that had been made were just fine. He did suggest doing a few things to keep the basement dry. In the end, he gave us a full report that everything was just fine. His laser level that goes around the entire room is really cool too. For $29, I couldn't believe what I got for that price!

Description of Work
Structural inspection of a home with a full report of the home's structural integrity.

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Dear [member name removed-- The Dry Basement Company passed along your Angie's List response to me. Thank you for your kind words about the inspection effort for the house in Shawnee @ [address removed]. It was good meeting you, working with you, and meeting the owner--I trust our efforts were worthwhile. I enjoy meeting new people...and I, especially like addressing concerns that owners, potential owners, and realtors have about their residential (and commercial) properties. Thank you so much and Best Wishes for a Safe, Successful 2015. Alan Niebrugge, P.E.

All Dry Kansas City North

We specialize in water and smoke damage, mold removal, and more! All of our technicians are IICRC certified. We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Award 2022
    KC Polylift

Fast, efficient, and honest, KC Polylift has become a reputable and well-known concrete lifting service. Our team is up for every job, managing projects with the skill and experience our clients have come to expect. We want our customers to be satisfied with our work, which is why we provide open communication channels throughout the duration of each project.

Olshan Foundation Repair

Established in 1933, Olshan Foundation provides cost-effective foundation solutions to residential and commercial property owners. We proudly service homeowners in Wichita from our office in Nearby Missouri. About a quarter of the homes we visit do not require foundation repair. Services are backed by an available warranty, friendly customer support and convenient payment options. Free, no-obligation structural assessments are performed by Certified Structural Technicians. Since no two homes are alike, our Technicians carefully inspect the problems affecting your home before developing a comprehensive repair plan designed uniquely to your property. Olshan is the exclusive provider of the Cable Lock ST Plus repair system. This hybrid design combines the penetrating power of concrete with the long-term durability of steel, providing a longer, deeper more secure repair. We also offer drainage and root barriers to help prevent foundation damage. Schedule a free, no-obligation assessment now. Your home’s structural integrity depends on the strength of your foundation. It supports everything else – walls, windows, floors, doorways, roof – so when your foundation is damaged, it can cause serious problems throughout your home. Like most things in life, your foundation is subject to environmental stress. Expanding and contracting soil, excessive moisture and inadequate drainage are some of the most common threats to your home’s foundation. Over time, environmental stressors can cause a foundation to shift, crack or settle unevenly. And homeowners often miss early warning signs of foundation damage. Homeowners spend about $4 billion annually stabilizing faulty foundations, and those costs may increase as more homes are built in areas known for shifting soil. Understanding risk factors and signs of foundation problems can help you protect your most valuable asset from irreversible damage.

Offers by Olshan Foundation Repair on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Basement Waterproofing, Foundation Repair, Sump Pump Installation, Basement Finishing & Remodeling.