Dr Steven C Mingos & Associates LLC

Founded 1976 • With Angi since October 2008

4746 Belleview Ave

Kansas City, MO 64112

We take pride in providing you with a comfortable office experience where our qualified staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Our office is conveniently located in the Kansas City Metropolitan area and we invite you to call with any questions or email us via the contact us or request an appointment page of our Web site. We will do everything possible to ensure you a pleasant visit. Our dental office occupies a renovated 1800's log-cabin. The original chinking and logs can be seen on the exterior portion of the east side of the office and inside the east patient waiting room. In addition, the operatory on the south side of the building displays the original logs. The office has undergone renovations in 1994 and 1996 to expand the number of operatories to ten and to make the interior a modern state-of-the-art dental practice. The renovation of the office continued the log-cabin theme on the exterior of the building. There are 5 dentists at this site. Surgery is performed at this location. To see if a dentist is board certified visit www.abgd.org....

12/03/2018

william J.

Very well. They took a bad situation, corrected the immediate problem, and came up with a workable long term plan.

Description of Work
Dental work

Category dentists, oral surgeons, dentures

06/06/2018

Rob F.

Highly recommend Dr. Mingos and staff for any dental services. Friendly and competent staff that make you feel at ease and provide excellent work!

Description of Work
General dentistry work including cleaning, crowns and filings.

Category endodontics, dentists, periodontics

We appreciate the review!

04/04/2018

Stuart S.

The dentist I had been seeing for about 30 years retired and referred his patients to Dr. Mingos. I had my semi-annual cleaning done and could not be more pleased. Every aspect of this operation that I came in contact with was extremely efficient and professional. I would not hesitate to recommend this dental practice to others.

Description of Work
Semi-annual cleaning

Category dentists

Thanks for the kind words!

01/19/2018

christopher H.

I was very impressed and if I lived closer I very well might have switched dentists (at some point maybe I will, anyhow).

Description of Work
I got a second opinion on some work I needed done.

11/17/2017

Diante C.

This has went really well for the past 3 years. I definitely suffer from White coat syndrome. I get nervous and generally unhappy when it is time to visit a doctor or a dentist. It goes beyond reason to mention, this has caused issues with me receiving general dental exams every year. Until 3 years ago when I found this office. Dr. Blair Edgington is pretty freaking dope. She's honest and provides important feedback in regards to your dental plan.

Description of Work
Root Canal/Cleaning/Dental Exam

Category endodontics, dentists

Thanks for the feedback. We're happy you found us!

11/15/2017

Sandra R.

Although this was only x-rays and cleaning, they were very friendly and professional

Description of Work
teeth cleaning and will have crowns

10/29/2017

Rhonda H.

had to redo several times but in the end they turned out beautiful

Description of Work
replace crowns

06/03/2017

Shirley S.

Other than the fact that the appointment did not start on time given back-up in the office, it was good! Generally, quite impressed.

Description of Work
Long overdue cleaning, exam/check-up and x-rays..

Category dentists, periodontics

Thank you for the feedback!

04/17/2017

Rhonda H.

great! I love this office and the staff!

Description of Work
fillings and cleaning

Category cosmetic dentist

01/04/2017

Kelli B.

I've been going to Dr. Mingos for years. I've even referred my mom and my husband to him. He's the best dentist I've ever been to.

Description of Work
Cleanings, X-Rays, Teeth Whitening.

12/13/2016

Lesley H.

Service is great and very prompt. I've never had an issue. Everyone is always very friendly there as well.

Description of Work
Teeth cleanings, fillings

11/21/2016

DENORRIS B.

I was very pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Refilled a tooth where the filling came out.

Category dentists

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

10/17/2016

Scott M.

Used Angies list deal to get set of xrays and a consultation. Place was very nice and seemed to have some of the latest technology. Staff was extremely friendly and Dr. Schrader was very nice and professional. I had several issues with my teeth and they explained those to me without being judgmental. I primarily went there for a consultation on getting dental implants but ended up getting some dental work done also.

Description of Work
Consultation - dental implants.

Category endodontics

08/12/2016

Priscilla H.

Great! The hygienist took her time to ensure a through job. She listened to my concerns and responded with empathy and professionalism. Dr. Mingos is the best - Knowledgeable, professional, gentle, and kind. I wouldn't go anywhere else!

Description of Work
Cleaning and dental exam.

06/08/2016

DENORRIS B.

Everything went GREAT. exceptional bedside manner and I am very pleased with their work. The staff was friendly and informational. Dr. Amy exceeded my expectation. I will be back

Description of Work
New crown

Category denture labs

02/28/2016

Poorly, I think Dr. Mingos was just trying to make money. I am sure I am not the first patient he did this to.

Description of Work
Dr. Mingos was recommend to me by a co worker, that constantly went to Dr. Mingos for on going treatments for a gum infection. I wanted a dentist close to my job so I decided to try him for a cleaning and check up. I went to him and was told I need 4 root canals and crowns in October 1999. I had one crown done by him and questioned whether it was even needed because my teeth felt find, so I switched dentists. 16 years later, I still have not had any crowns more crowns or root canals done since leaving Dr Mingos office. I still going to the dentist twice a year for check ups.

Category endodontics

11/02/2015

Bob S.

Went very well, right on time very professional and friendly.

Description of Work
Cleaning and check-up

Category dentists

Thank you for the review!

09/05/2015

My first dental filling took place almost sixty years ago, and in the interval I've never experienced anything like this. Dr. Mingos' practice, from the first phone contact forward, was professional, friendly, reasonably priced, and extremely attentive. The office is extremely busy, and at no time did I ever get the feeling of being hustled into and out of the chair. An absolutely flawless performance. I will have no hesitation returning for regular cleaning and exams, and, most importantly, my experience is that whatever the procedure, it's going to be as close to painless as possible. I'm still adjusting to the fact that going to the dentist doesn't hurt anymore.

Description of Work
Extensive work including fillings, two full caps on badly chipped teeth, and evaluation for implants.

Category dentists, cosmetic dentist

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review!

07/30/2015

FRAN H.

I have been going to this Dentist for 20 years and I've referred several family members and a couple of friends. They are proactive, thorough, careful, friendly and efficient. I always feel relaxed when I'm in competent hands and I've had a lot of dental work performed with this group. Everyone is nice to me and just as important they are nice to each other. I interviewed several dentists before I chose this office and I've never been disappointed.

Description of Work
regular cleaning.

Category dentists

Thanks for taking the time to write this review!

07/27/2015

Valeria L.

The staff at Dr. Mingos and Associates friendly and professional. My boyfriend and I have Dr. Edgington who is very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. I had my first cavity filled by Dr. Edgington and the experience was as smooth as possible. She explained everything really well, and performed the procedure seamlessly. All my experiences have been really positive.

Description of Work
I moved to Kansas City and needed a new dentist and "the cabin" has been great!

07/09/2015

JOHN R.

My hygienist, Julie, is fantastic and they are all so very personable and take good care of you. Super highly recommended.

Description of Work
I've been going to Dr. Mingos for 8 years now and love them. This was a routine cleaning. I get them 3 times a year.

Category dentists

Thank you very much for the review.

06/14/2015

Kevin O.

I've been going to Dr. Mingos since I moved to the Kansas City area in 1998. I've moved far enough away from the Plaza to make it inconvenient to still go there but I still make the trek because I'm comfortable with the service I've received. Everyone has always been friendly and I can't complain about anything.

Description of Work
General cleaning and checkup

06/10/2015

Melody A.

I really like the office atmosphere. It is relaxed. The rooms are well lit with sky lights, sometimes leading you to forget you are in a dental chair. The staff greeted you right away and made it a point to know your name. The hygienist too the time to address any concerns and review the paperwork at the beginning. They make it a point to have some of the most uptodate equipment for cleaning, which makes an already dreaded moment seem easier. With illness and work conflicts, I ended up having to change my appointment twice and the staff didn't blink an eye when I called. I was in the process of dentist shopping and I will definitely be going back.

Description of Work
General dental check up and cleaning

05/16/2015

I've been going to Dr. Mingos since 1998. I've had the same hygenist all that time. Nancy is great. Over the years Dr. Mingos has done a variety of services for me and each time I've been more than pleased. He is very empathetic to a person's 'dental fears', and has a great sense of humor. All of the staff is knowlegable, friendly and very good at what they do. I would not consider going to another dentist.

Description of Work
Cleaning

05/06/2015

Sandra Gail H.

I could not be more pleased.

Description of Work
Routine dental cleaning. Most professional and congenial

Category dentists

Thank you very much for the review!

Dentistry - General
    Missouri
    State of Missouri
    11/30/2016
    MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available

Sealants, Implants, Bridges, Crowns, Root Canal Therapy, Extractions, Scaling & Root Planing, Flap Surgery, Dentures, TMJ, Maxillofacial Surgery, Cosmetic Dentistry, Snoring & Sleep Apnea.

N/A