By The Blade Lawn and Landscape

Founded 1997 • With Angi since February 2014

3.5

By The Blade, Kansas City's Ambassadors of Outdoor Living, have been designing, building and maintaining landscapes for over 20 years. The company specializes in custom landscape construction, including swimming pools & swim spas, decks, patios, outdoor lighting, roof structures, fire & water features, as well as traditional lawn care and irrigation. By The Blade also offers a Total Exterior Management service for your complete outdoor needs, and a Home Maintenance Service for home construction related projects....

Control Concrete LLC

Concrete Repair & Installation

Curt Pierson

Curt Pierson Roofing/Construction Specialists Inc Johnson County Contractor License #2015-6405 10% discount up to 300.00 to Angie's list members. Free roof evaluations/inspections. Cash, Check, Visa & Mastercard Accepted.

Offers by Curt Pierson on Angi
Midwest Skylight

MIDWEST SKYLIGHT LLC is the Midwest's premier authorized dealer and certified 5-Star Skylight Specialist installer of Velux skylight products, including The Velux Sun Tunnel tubular skylight. Since 1995, homeowners and contractors alike have looked to us as the skylight experts in Kansas City and across the Midwest.

06/15/2020

Service was performed well and quickly. Exactly what I was looking for.

Description of Work
Irrigation Work

Category fountains

Thank you - we appreciated the opportunity. Please give us a call if we can help with any further fountain / irrigation system repairs.

06/11/2020

We had a great experience with By The Blade. When I first called, the office staff was professional and efficient in getting my request out to the crew. I was contacted by a representative quickly, and then we got a plan for our landscaping. It is BEAUTIFUL, and makes our backyard so much more enjoyable than before. Perfect for the summer! I would work with By The Blade again!

Description of Work
Landscaping and bed maintenance

Category landscaping,lawn service

Thank you, it was a pleasure working with you - we're glad you are enjoying your improved backyard oasis!

05/22/2020

They contract with mowers. The first 2 years were great, this year not so much. These guys would go to the trouble of picking up sticks and throw them in our flower beds. Then we had contracted to mow a small fenced area with a push mower, which they did the first 2 years. This year they insisted on squeezing a giant stand up mower through the gate and scratching the poles and tear up the lawn wit...

Description of Work
Lawn mowing weekly and fertilization

Category lawn service

Yes, a new crew was caring for your property this season. When contacted with concerns about the sticks, we immediately sent a crew back to the property to remove them. We also provided a new lawn care bid for specialized mow service per your specifications, which you declined due to cost. Yes, it is more expensive to have a company push mow versus machine mow a lawn. We're sorry we were not able ...

03/09/2020

The work was B, because they missed some spots where my lawn needed to seeded.

Description of Work
They did lawn aeration and seeding.

Category landscaping

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you for letting us know. Please call our office any time and we'll get you taken care of!

03/09/2020

They were lovely. They were nice to work with and I trust them at my home. I like working with them and I would not stop using them.

Description of Work
They took care of my sprinkler system.

Category irrigation systems

Thank you - we'll be reaching out soon to schedule this season's start-up - looking forward to another great year!

Landscape Design & Construction, Custom Swimming Pools & Spas, Outdoor Lighting & Sound Systems, Decks, Pergolas, Roof Structures, Fire Pits, Water Features, Outdoor Kitchens & Grill Stations, Mowing, Planting, Mulch, Seasonal Cleanup, Fertilization, Lawn Applications, Irrigation Design/Installation/Repair, Total Exterior Management, Home Construction Repair, "Handyman" Services, Natural Stone Patios

We do not install or repair concrete patios, walkways, stairs or driveways.