Agape Home Improvement Co LLC

Founded 1989 • With Angi since June 2010

Family owned and operated residential remodeling company serving the Kansas City area for over 25 years. Based on quality work and dedicated to customer service. Our company completes projects with our own employees/crews and does not rely on multiple sub-contractors to complete jobs. We are also a verified contractor for FHA 203K Renovation Loan Programs so you can purchase and renovate a home with only 1 loan....

A Service Provider's profile image

+42 more images

4.4

4.4

4.2

home remodeling (8)basement remodeling (5)flooring (4)hardwood floors (2)electrician (2)drywall (2)general contractors (2)interior painting (1)house painting (1)structural engineering (1)pressure washing (1)siding companies (1)

09/16/2020

Rod B.

Excellent workmanship, very professional, punctual and on time, their pricing was reasonable as well.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodeling Project

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

11/23/2019

Gerry W.

It was great. They did a great job and always follow through on what they quoted.

Description of Work
They painted couple of rooms, removed texture ceiling , and installed ceiling lights.

Category electrician, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/08/2019

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]. You and your wife are always an absolute pleasure to work with! It really is homeowners like you that make our job so satisfying. Thank you!

11/02/2019

Kelly S.

Great experience

Description of Work
Finished Basement garage into a bedroom.

Category basement remodeling

Work Completed On 10/29/2019

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for the review! It was an absolute pleasure working with you on your renovation project. We love it when a remodeling job goes as smooth as yours! Enjoy! Brian and Cheryl Woodman

04/30/2018

Randy H.

Although the finished work was acceptable, the road to get there was difficult and time consuming. The project was estimated to be completed in 3 weeks but took 15. The project had so many issues I am reluctant to list all of them. Our project called for a "linear" drain in the back of the shower and found out once they started that they had not installed one before. The shower did not drain properly with water puddling in front of the drain. After much discussion and arguing with Brian the owner on the corrective action he agreed to tear out the shower pan with the tiled stone floor and purchase a prefabricated pan. This added a lot of delay to the project and we did not wind up with the linear drain that we wanted. The tile plank bathroom floor had to be reworked several times to get it right but had to insist that it be reworked to have the grout lines line up properly. Brian's comment was that no one would notice! One of his employees turned our water off at the meter location in the yard and forgot to put the cover back on the meter. Our small dog was missing and found that she had fallen into the meter pit but fortunately was not injured. We found a large hole in our closet from the shower plumbing installation and I reported this this Agape but no response. I also reported that the wood work on the window sill popped this winter. Their employee was asked to repair the wood rot on the window that was replaced and he decided to use a wood filler instead of replacing the rotten wood. Again no response from Agape.

Description of Work
Master Bath Remodel, new tile flooring, shower, cabinets, vanities, free standing tub.

Work Completed On 04/07/2017

11/22/2017

dean D.

Very timely and professional

Description of Work
Landsape in front of house. Replaced rotten railroad ties with block wall

Work Completed On 10/09/2017

10/09/2017

Matthew W.

Agape is owned by Cheryl and Brian Woodman, who have to be some of the nicest and professional people that I have ever met let alone in the construction trade. Taking on a project like a complete basement finish is overwhelming for the typical home owner and this was no different for us. Cheryl and Brian made it seamless. There are plenty of contractors out there that have ways of putting of covering up mistakes with finish work and that is not how Agape does business. I will admit that they are very busy, but they put the best people in place to get the job done right. I would always recommend getting multiple quotes when doing a job of this magnitude but I promise that all you need is one quote and that's from Agape.

Description of Work
Basement finish

Category remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 09/22/2017

Review for Agape Home Improvement Co LLC - 7811 N Hickory Ct, Kansas City, MO - 36810986

09/20/2017

Roberta M.

Cancelled my contract with them after several attempts to get them to respond to questions I had. They never even followed up with me after I cancelled the contract which was for almost $7,000.

Description of Work
Deck repair

Work Completed On 09/20/2017

[Member Name Removed], You are absolutely correct in the delay in responding and getting to your deck repair project and for that I am extremely sorry. Deck repairs are something that we have gotten away from doing and never should have given you a bid. In hindsight, it would have been much better to have turned the bid down than submit one and not get to it. It is very difficult for us to turn business away even when outside our everyday scopes of work. The situation we left you in has taught us a valuable lesson and I, again, am very sorry to have put you in the waiting game that we did. I certainly hope you locate a company that focuses more on exterior and deck repair and can meet your needs. Cheryl

07/04/2017

Brenda K.

Description of Work
Installed Kitchen Cabinets, plumbing & backsplash tile.

02/28/2017

Angelica F.

Recommend to us for a home addition. He came over did say much and took only one measurement for a full bathroom remodel and addition of 500 square feet. Clearly they were not interested in our job. That is fine and he could have said that. Instead spent 20 mins and then never heard from them. A great company has professional courtesy and customer service, this company had neither.

Description of Work
Estimate

Work Completed On 02/15/2017

Ms. [Member Name Removed]- Brian was at your home late afternoon on February 15th. A project scope your size isn't something we take lightly and just put together some quick numbers. We have to review the various stages with specialty sub-contractors to get their bids such as concrete, framing, HVAC and electrical crews, not to mention the various building permit costs involved to complete a room addition. With the construction industry as overwhelmed with work as it currently is, this does present a delay in getting these numbers from multiple contractors. Had your bid been a simple bath or kitchen project, our goal is to get your typed proposal back to you in a week or so. My regret is that we apparently did not express that your proposal was one that would be much more involved than most. Cheryl Woodman Agape Home Improvement Company

02/16/2017

Tammy B.

Didn't return phone calls

Description of Work
I called and left a message that I needed to talk with someone ASAP about getting an estimate. No call back for 2 days, so I called someone else who's coming in less than 24 hours.

Category drywall

Work Completed On 02/15/2017

Hi [Member Name Removed], I am following up to make sure you received our emailed proposal today. Again, please accept my apologies for having transposed your original phone number and the delay in connecting with you. Please contact me with any questions about the estimate after having met with you last week. Cheryl

04/26/2016

William P.

Description of Work
Nicely done and in a reasonable time. Small problems resolved quickly and completely. Very Satisfied,

03/30/2016

Rick P.

Category remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 12/22/2015

Thank you {Member's name removed} for your review of our company. So happy we were able to complete your home remodel for you...was great working with you! Cheryl and Brian

01/18/2016

KATHLEEN F.

Excellent job. Friendly and professional service.

Description of Work
Replaced a back door and repaired subfloor

Category contractors, flooring contractor, remodeling

Work Completed On 10/29/2015

09/22/2015

Michael C.

Took an unfinished basement area, with some existing (poor) DIY walls, demo'd back to concrete, then completed walls, lighting, flooring and stairs. All work was done per specification, and great attention to detail. This was my second project with Agape, and we are now working up to a third.

Description of Work
Basement finish.

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 04/15/2015

Thanks, [member's name removed], it is always a pleasure to work with you. We will be here for you the next time you need something! Brian and Cheryl

08/27/2015

William P.

Description of Work
I had Agape install hardwood floors in my kitchen, dining room and hallway. They also used some carpet salvaged from the dining room to re-carpet the main stairway. We had to reschedule the work once due to a problem with a subcontractor but, once things got started, they went well. Agape helped move the stove, refrigerator and island. The flooring is beautiful and well finished. We are happy with the re-carpeted stairs. There were minor issues with the floor and carpet but they were taken care of without problem. It was my first major remodel and I was pleased. Cheryl stayed in touch with me and all of my concerns were addressed.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 07/31/2015

Thank you for not only your business but also providing such a review! Your compliments of our business mean a great deal. Please let me know if there is anything we can help you with in the future. It was a pleasure working with you!

07/16/2015

James H.

The cost was broken out in different areas. They are good workers who are very knowledgeable. They came in and diagnosed the joist problem, which turned out to not be a structural issue, so that was good. Honestly, they could have told us it was something else and gotten some more money off us, so it is always good to find somebody who is looking out for you and not just looking to make some money. The project fell within our budget. We are going to come out and do another project for us.

Description of Work
We have been working with Agape Home Improvement lately. They looked at a joist for us and also installed some flooring.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, structural engineer

Work Completed On 07/02/2015

Thanks {member name removed} for the kind review. It is unfortunate in this industry there are contractors who mislead customers. In turn, they can give the industry as a whole a bad rep! We pride ourselves in treating our customers the way we would want to be treated....fairly basic, but it works for us! It was a pleasure working with you and will look forward to your next project when you are ready. Brian and Cheryl Woodma

05/26/2015

George W.

Work Completed On 03/15/2015

04/10/2015

Jeanne W.

Description of Work
We delayed the project Agape bid on but they would have been our choice for it. I am evaluating the company on the professional manner the owner conducted himself, the bid he provided, the referrals and his overall experiences. |I would definitely use them.

Work Completed On 04/07/2015

[Member name removed], Thank you for taking the time to review our company. Brian and I appreciate your support. We are a small, family owned business and your positive review speaks volumes for us and how we strive to conduct business. Please know we will be honored to hear from you when/if you decide to go forth with your project. Thanks- Cheryl

12/23/2014

Cindy R.

Agape did what was contracted to do and advised us of any problems along the way. Our home was built in 1980, so you never knew what could come up. As it was, they discovered some other damage when siding was removed and those wood items were replaced. Always professional and cleaned up when the job was completed.

Description of Work
Removed damaged mason-like siding and replaced with cement board. Calked, replaced damaged trim wood. Power washed, sealed, primed and repainted entire home. The old guttering was removed, and new installed.

Category contractors, gutter repair, siding, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 10/23/2014

[member name removed], Thank you for taking the time to express yourself regarding our company. Brian and I, as well as our crews, appreciate your review. Your satisfaction is always our primary goal and it is nice to know you are pleased when I get a review like this out of the blue! Thanks so much and hope the new year is a blessing to you and your family. Cheryl

10/08/2014

Stan S.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel. It took months with lots of problems.

Work Completed On 06/06/2013

[member name removed], I want to start with the acknowledgement that we did indeed perform some work on your home. However, this review should be directed to the contractor you hired and had a signed contract with. As you know, we were employed by your contractor to do some of the on-sight labor and therefore had little control over your project and its timeline. In reviewing my job records of your project, I had one or more crew members at your home a total of 13 days. This is completely on target for the scope of work performed. I understand your frustration with the situation and the fact that faucet parts came in broken from the manufacturer, but certainly do not feel that, or honestly much of your review, should be a directed to my company. Looking over your review, I do see that you gave "Quality" a B grade which I consider a compliment as that would be the only category I can see our work reflected in. In the end, you have a beautiful bathroom as I do have photos in my job portfolio that are routinely complimented on. It is unfortunate that the road to the finished project wasn't what you had hoped for. In the event you had been my direct client and I had complete control over a situation that did not turn out satisfactory, then absolutely I would deserve this Angie's List review. Please reconsider your review and direct it to your contractor whom you hired and should be the one receiving your words. Thank you for your consideration, Cheryl Woodman

06/10/2014

John B.

We were on a tight schedule, expecting our first baby. Brian and Cheryl were very responsive and begun the work right away. The crew was alway on time, very polite and professional and did a great job.

Description of Work
Finish basement including a full bathroom, bedroom, and an office.

Category remodeling, home remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 05/09/2014

(Removed Member Name), Thanks so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you in completing your basement project. Enjoy! Cheryl Woodman

03/11/2014

Michael C.

The folks did a fine job, and all punch list items were handled timely and completely. The only downside to this project was the installation of a heated floor under tile. This was NOT Agape's fault, rather mine for not fully understanding the impact of heat mats under tile and the importance of selecting the right materials.

Description of Work
This was a complete master bathroom gut and remodel. Going from a standard 1980's builder grade bath to a full upscale, modern master suite bath.

Work Completed On 01/31/2014