We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

ACE Handyman Services of Kansas City

Founded 1999 • With Angi since November 2007

8034 N Oak Trfy

Kansas City, MO 64118

Welcome to ACE Handyman Services of Kansas City, Missouri. Our staff of dedicated professionals appreciate you visiting us! ACE Handyman Services can handle all of your small to mid-sized Home repair and remodeling needs, from a little fix it to a major remodel. Our skilled craftsmen offer the full range of residential and commercial remodeling and repair services to customers throughout Kansas City and surrounding areas from North of the River, Parkville and Platte County, to Liberty, and all of Clay County, reaching South to Belton and Raymore and to the East in Blue Springs, Lees Summit and all of Jackson County. We can do it all. Our professional handyman services range from simple home repairs to major remodels and renovations of all types: plumbing fixtures, bathroom repair, electrical and light fixtures, drywall installation and repair, tile, and carpentry such as wood rot repair. Bathroom remodels, basement remodels & kitchen remodels. One call does it all! ...

06/18/2022

Dixon H D.

Great! Everything works fine, looks good and I would use them again!

Description of Work
Install Ring Doorbell, Install outside light, install door knocker, install new light brackets in garage.

06/18/2022

Roc H.

Very well. The repairman was polite and answered my questions

Description of Work
Repair Deck railing

Category decks

03/28/2022

Matt D.

Mario was friendly and thorough, he provided info on what he found and the fix he applied. Communication from dispatch was great too. They're just a little pricey but honestly it's worth the money for peace of mind knowing that they do great work.

Description of Work
Window leak

Category replacement windows

05/20/2021

Gene V.

Daniel and John were very professional and did a great job. They arrived on time and did a very good job of removing the old double doors, framed in part of the opening so the new single front door would be installed in the center. It looks very good and I am very pleased with the work done.

Description of Work
Removal of old double front doors and framing and installing new single front door.

Category handyman service, woodworking, doors

03/13/2021

Rosalind E.

Very speedy response, proficient service, excellent job done in half an hour, less expensive than expected

Description of Work
New mailbox installation and stabilization of post

02/25/2021

Rosalind E.

Scheduling was easy, and there was no long wait for service. Our technician (Mario) arrived promptly, was very professional and courteous, and completed the entire job within an hour. We will definitely use this provider again.

Description of Work
We called Ace Handyman Services to replace hard-to-reach light bulbs throughout our two-level house.

Category handyman service

Thank you, It was our pleasure, glad to be your home solution provider.

02/24/2021

Paula B.

Great! He was very professional and nice.

Description of Work
Investigation only.

Category siding

02/03/2021

Linda T.

Kevin was very professional and courteous. He wasn’t absolutely sure on how to fix the bed but seemed to do a good job. He did suggest that I be careful with the headboard and careful when moving the bed. The shower door needed parts that he had to go to a certain place to get them. He explained that it may take awhile because it wasn’t close to me, of course I was charged for the time plus the parts. The shower door isn’t perfect, one door will not close completely but close enough. The shower door and the bed look good. Kevin was sorry that he had to take so long to get the parts. Ace was a bit higher than other handyman services that I requested quotes from. I don’t know if they could have done the work any better, or charge less. I am not unhappy with Ace, just a bit disappointed. I would get actual quotes on each job the next time, rather than hourly rates.

Description of Work
Bed headboard re-attached and shower door put back on.

Category handyman service

Thanks for your input [Member Name Removed]. The nature of yours and so many other repairs come in many types, brands and models making our work challenging. Very difficult having the exact solution and we do are best to repair at the customers request rather than replace if the economics are there.

12/02/2020

Helston S.

Steve did a great job with my basement door threshold repairs, and replacing exterior door knob on November 30, 2020. He was knowledgeable, courteous, punctual including fair pricing. He provided all materials which was included with the invoice. I would recommend hiring this company again for future projects.

Description of Work
Threshold with carpentry repairs, and replace exterior door knob

Category handyman service

Thank you for the positive review [Member Name Removed]. I will forward on to our craftsman.

11/16/2020

Phyllis M.

Great. He came when he said he would and did the job very professionally

Description of Work
painting and small repairs

Category appliance repair, screen repair, woodworking, interior painters

11/05/2020

Tasha M.

I was very happy with all my paintings that were hung. Very perfessional and wore his mask the entire time he was in my home.

Description of Work
Hang pictures

Category appliance repair

09/17/2020

Kathleen B.

Everything went well. Mario was punctual and explained what he needed to do, how long it would take and what it would cost. He completed the work within the expected time and charged the amount agreed upon. the railing is sturdy and looks good. The area was all cleaned up before he left.

Description of Work
railing next to porch steps was replaced

Category woodworking

09/15/2020

Randy T.

I called them and set an appointment for Sept 15. I called to make sure they were still coming. They said their guy forgot about the appointment. They called another guy. The office called me back saying they could not perform this service. They do not have a hitch on their truck. They would not come up with a solution for the services they agreed. It sure would have been nice if they told me about this in July. Far as I am concerned they lied to me. Do not use this company.

Description of Work
I hand a tree cut down into logs. The logs are too big for my fireplace. I needed them to bring a log splitter to cut my logs into smaller pieces.

Category handyman service

This is not a service we perform nor offer. This is in Missouri and we only service Kansas. We hope you can get this taken care of through the right company in Missouri.

09/10/2020

Phil B.

The proposal used high quality (expensive), easy to install materials for the shower base & two walls. Two custom tiled walls were requested. The requested two glass walls, one including the door, are not available. Clear plastic walls were proposed, which is unacceptable. The total proposed cost for a small remodel is not justified in this neighborhood.

Description of Work
A small bathroom remodel in a middle income neighborhood

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, plumbing

08/11/2020

John W.

Excellent. Very quick and efficient.

Description of Work
Mailbox repair

Category appliance repair, mailbox repair

Thanks, [Member Name Removed] glad we could help.

05/19/2020

patti F.

This company didn't call to set up a time to discuss the projects.

Description of Work
I have several projects. Most small, some larger.

Category contractors, handyman service, remodeling

We're Sorry [Member Name Removed], we don't have you in our system as a customer. Please feel free to contact us for scheduling. Thank You

12/16/2019

Catherine R.

Wow! I can’t say enough great things about the people I worked with at this company. From the time I first contacted Handyman Matters and spoke with Valerie, to getting the project details coordinated with Loren to the final, timely completion with the project lead, Russ, my experience was nothing but wonderful. My friend needed help on her house after a contractor mismanaged fixing up the bathroom, kitchen, ceiling repair and painting 6 main areas, so he had to be let go. She had a mess on her hands and was overwhelmed with what to do. Not only did Valerie trust that I was authorized to coordinate the whole project on behalf of my friend, but Loren also agreed to work “on top” of what the contractor had attempted to remodel/fix. In addition to all this, I needed them to start immediately so that everything could be done by Thanksgiving and although I first contacted the company on 10/22/2019, as promised they had all the work done by 11/28/2019!!! The entire time they were working on the house, Russ would text me frequently letting me know if they ran into any issues, needed anything and he also recommended helpful improvements, a grab bar, smoke & CO2 detectors, etc! They gave me the opportunity to buy more paint, a different bathroom vanity, etc., even though they knew it would take me time to deliver the new materials. Russ even took the initiative to solve intricate problems, the drain pipe the previous contractor has bought for the toilet was larger than the connection, the new toilet blocked the bathroom door, the first vanity’s base was too small to fit around the existing pipes, etc. They worked on this project as if it was for their own relative, ex., Loren knew we needed sconces with power switches, I was just going to go with the existing ones but towards the end of the project, he contacted me while at Lowes to let me know he found some attractive, but inexpensive sconces with switches. This was another very touching experience – these were not on the list yet while he was out doing something else, he had this situation on his mind, took the time to browse, found something, texted me, then gave me the opportunity to go buy them and take them to the house so they could be installed the next day. They continually ran into issues and used creative measures to work with me to get it resolved. These are just a few of the examples where Loren, Russ and Mario went above and beyond to ensure everything was nicely finished for my friend. They installed a ton of new light switch & outlet plates and a few air vent covers, moved furniture, etc. The list goes on and on what everyone did for me – they truly went out of their way constantly to ensure things were done to perfection. AND, they did a fantastic job with all the painting – you can tell they are truly passionate about their craft – the painting, ceiling repair & paint, look perfect. They were on time every day, wrapped up timely, and cleaned up nicely. Everyone I dealt with was professional, kind, informative, very helpful and dependable. They did a superb job and the place looks fantastic! My friend is also extremely satisfied with the work and plans to hire them for many more projects!!

Description of Work
Interior painting, ceiling repair & paint, install bathroom fixtures, misc repair work.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Thank you for the positive feedback! Our craftsmen do take pride in their work and it's refreshing to hear about your great experience! We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again.

11/24/2019

Dixie E.

I got a call, but at that time, there was a power outage in my area & I was literally stuck in my power lift chair. I expected a call back BUT I DID NOT GET ONE. I still need the service to performed.

Description of Work
Hanging of multiple pictures & plaques & assembly of three objects

Category handyman service

I apologize on behalf of Handyman Matters. I'm not sure what happened, but I do not have your contact information in our system. Please give our office a call at 816-734-1370 and we will be glad to help.

11/13/2019

Arlie B.

The work was performed to my satisfaction. He was very professional and cleaned up after completion.

Description of Work
Windows needed cocking

Category handyman service, replacement windows

Thank you for the positive review! Call us anytime for your projects in the future.

08/08/2019

Rhea D.

There was a mix-up on the time of the appointment, but was handled quickly & work was done on same day. Chris was friendly & professional, as well as neat & efficient. He completed all the work in just 2.5 hr, instead of the estimated 4.

Description of Work
1. Attach adjustable doors to a buffet cabinet 2. Disassemble an old queen waterbed frame 3. Assemble new queen platform bed frame

Category handyman service

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! We look forward to working with you again.

12/27/2018

Jeff B.

The man who did the repairs was punctual and determined during a difficult time due to weather. He successfully replaced the rotting siding and wood pieces and had to wait until it was warm enough for the painting to 'take' to both the pole and siding. When the weather allowed, he showed up in a timely manner and completed the job.

Description of Work
Repair of front porch pole and some siding pieces due to wood rot

Category handyman service, siding, water damage restoration, house painters

Thank you for the outstanding review! We appreciate your understanding of the weather and having to work around those obstacles. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you in the future.

10/17/2018

Dan R.

HANDYMAN WAS UNABLE TO DO JOB AS TOO HIGH UP (NO LADDERS LONG ENOUGH TO REACH. IN ALL OTHER ASPECTS HE WAS GREAT.

Description of Work
REPAIR OF TRIM 40 FT UP FROM GROUND LEVEL.

Category handyman service, woodworking

09/20/2018

Carol D.

Loren was prompt, professional and expedient. He cleaned up afterwards and charged a fair price for his work. We will call again for other projects in the future.

Description of Work
2 ceiling fans lowered

08/17/2018

Mark S.

I explained over the phone that one of the fans was a full installation as there was not current light to replace, and they agreed to do the service. The handyman was very prompt and polite, but informed me upon arriving that he could not do the full installation since there was no spot, wire or outlet already in place... so he only did the easier one. It was done fine, but I had to climb up in the attic myself to prove that the liflght fixture could be accessed from the top, rather than him going up and checking it out himself. Again the workmanship was good, just lacked that full “job-ownership” I come to expect from someone I am hiring for a specific job.

Description of Work
Wanted two ceiling fans installed

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, ceiling fans

07/01/2018

Jeff D.

We moved to Liberty from out of the state about a year ago. In my experience finding good reliable contractors has always been a challenge when moving to a new area. I needed to have some fascia boards replaced and also wanted the root cause of the rotting problem fixed. Chris came out several times--first to give an estimate and then to actually do the repairs. After completing the repairs, there was still an issue and Chris did not hesitate to come out again. After several attempts, the owner even came out to diagnose the problem and determine a course of action. During the entire experience they were always on time and kept me very well informed of what they were going to do and how much it would cost. I have never had such a good experience with a contractor before and was very pleased with their work. They were very professional and courteous. I will definitely use them again and recommend them to anyone looking for someone to do repairs on their house.

Description of Work
General repairs to fascia, gutter, and rotted board