Handyman Solutions

Founded 1998 • With Angi since July 2008

113 JAYCEE DR

Jefferson City, MO 65109

Handyman Solutions is so much more than your common run-of-the-mill maintenance, repair and remodeling contractor. We provide the standard maintenance, repair and remodeling services (and do them extraordinarily well), but our passion and focus lie in Aging In Place and Home Accessibility. We are considered one of the area's only “Accessibility Specialists” that are able to handle Accessible Home Modifications as well as Equipment Sales, Rental, Service and Repair all under one roof. Ongoing specialized training, yearly certifications as well as over 24 years of providing real-world hands on experience make Handyman Solutions uniquely well qualified to help. ...

07/07/2016

Susie S.

Rodney was very thorough....cleaned up at the end of each day and didn't leave any kind of mess for us to clean up. I wanted to make a few changes along the way and Rodney saw to it that the changes were made.

Description of Work
Our contractors name was Rodney Saunders and he was great. Rodney was on time, professional, and his workers that were with him were the same. Rodney set our kitchen cabinets, put up our kitchen lights, and also had to do some drywall patch. He put in outlets....set our stove in our island, and set our oven in our new island. {that he built} I would have Rodney and his crew back to my house for a project if it was needed.

Category drywall,remodeling,home remodeling

05/06/2016

John W.

Description of Work
Handyman Solutions were excellent. Their work was top notch and everything was explained wirh all questions answered clearly. These guys are great!

05/05/2016

Susan L.

Description of Work
A little pricy but excellent work. I have used them for multiple projects.

01/15/2016

Stephen S.

Description of Work
They installed a TV mounting bracket, weatherstripping around 2 doors, replaced some molding over door.

Category handyman service

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us [Member name removed]! We look forward to working with you again one day.

09/02/2015

Larry M.

Category gutter cleaning

Thank you for taking the time to post a review [removed member name]. We really appreciate it.

10/28/2014

Kevin M.

Category drywall,handyman service

Thank you [Member name removed], we appreciate your business!

08/18/2014

Sheila S.

Description of Work
We bought a new residence at the end of July 2014. I initially hired Handyman Solutions to change a "dining room" back into a bedroom (which seemed to be the builder's original design). The project was to take 3 days, but once I got Scott in my home to do the work, I was so impressed with him and Handyman Solutions that I asked them to do more and more work. In addition to framing, drywalling, mudding and taping, painting and installing new bi-fold closet doors, I had the company paint another bedroom, install a programmable thermostat, a ceiling fan, and a handrail going down the stairs to the basement. Then I had them raise my kitchen cabinets to the proper height above the counters, install a tile backsplash and install under cabinet lighting. Their work was impeccable. Despite the fact that I had initially hired them for 3 days of work (and they ended up doing 8 days of work), Scott stayed on my job until all the work was done and totally to my satisfaction. Nothing but praise for Scott and Matthew Burnett, the project manager.

Category drywall,handyman service,ceiling fans

Thank you so much for the kind words [removed member name]! I will let the guys know that you were pleased and left a great review :) Thank you again allowing us to help you with your project.

07/28/2014

Larry M.

Description of Work
Spray Spring debris off roof from oak trees and clean gutter guards, downspouts and gutters.

Category handyman service

The following email was sent to Handyman Solutions August 7th 2014 by the client: "I apologize for messing up on your Angie's List review grade for Quality. It was never my intention to give you anything other than an A across the board. Don't know what happened with the online form. I have contacted them asking them to correct it. Thanks for the followup call inquiring what happened. And again I apologize for not doing the online form correctly the first time. We were very satisfied with your work and its quality." I am sorry to write that as of today, Sept. 26th 2014, Angie's List has still not corrected the "D" grade even after 2 previous requests - today when Angie's List asked for advertising dollars I have made a 3rd request.

01/02/2013

First N.

I had a washer/dryer with metal shelving above them. The shelving was a cluttered eyesore and the upper shelves were hard to get to without a step stool. A design to stack the dryer on the washer and install closet cabinets with shelving that matched the kitchen cabinets was planned. Handyman Solutions came to get measurements, insure me the design would work and the cabinets were ordered. Upon delivery of the cabinets the project was complete. I now have a very nice and efficient laundry area with additional space for pantry items. Handyman Solutions was very effective in helping with the design and finding a way to make my plan work. I am extremely happy with their service and the outcome of my project. I also had a small project to install a screen door closure. I asked Koty, the technician if he could install the door closure while he was there and he was able to work that in his schedule.

Description of Work
Remodeled Laundry area. Stacked washer and dryer and installed 2 closet cabinets for pantry storage.

Category handyman service,remodeling

Thank you for the great review and for allowing us to work on your project :)

11/07/2012

Kathy P.

It went well. The contractor's employees were at our house for about 4 to 4.5 hours. We have noticed some spots develop on leaves of shrubs and flowers apparently due to over spray of the chemical solution. Given that this is the fall and the leaves and flowers will soon be gone, we did not consider this to be a problem.

Description of Work
The contractor applied a chemical solution to entire roof that removed dark staining in the asphalt shingles on the north facing slope of the roof. Then they used a device to wash the roof with a low pressure water sprayer. The staining was dark gray to black and was described as fungus (mold) and algae. It was removed and the roof was restored to the original color. The south and west facing roof slopes had no staining. To receive a five year warranty, the entire roof had to be treated; not just discolored the north slope. The warranty would be for one year if only the north slope was treated. Treating the whole roof increased the price a little over $200.00. The asphalt shingles are 12 years old and are of the type termed architectural; their overall color of the roof is a mid-tone brown.

Category roof cleaning

07/18/2012

Gary B.

The project went slower than originally projected but that seemed reasonable once the project got underway. I guess it was more complicated than it originally appeared. Overall, we are very satisfied with their performance, followup, attention to detail and above all, professionalism. They are friendly, courteous, and responsible. You might find someone who knows more but they can't treat you any better as a customer, client, or contractor. Their staff are very respectful in their dealings always.

Description of Work
Overall very acceptable in a day when it is hard to find people who say what they will do and do what the say. Their word is good and that means a lot in this day and economy. They remodeled the bathroom in total; tub, shower, sink, toilet. They put tile on floor and walls and installed a tub surround.

Category handyman service,remodeling,home remodeling

06/21/2012

Clifford D.

Needed work done ASAP. Painters were on site early and I was not prepared. Called Handyman Solutions and they were able to respond. Travis arrived on site and assessed the requirements returned with materials precut and ready to install. Finished columns were completed befoe painters were ready to paint.

Description of Work
Remodel of front porch columns.

Category handyman service,remodeling

03/03/2012

Stan B.

I was extremely satisfied.

Description of Work
Handiman prepared a utility room for a senior walk-in tub.

08/11/2011

John C.

Satisfied with the kitchen. The bid on the work for my dining room was outrageous.

Description of Work
Handyman Solutions built my downstairs apartment kitchen from the ground up. The project was extensive and to be fair I must say I am satisfied with the work even though their initial bid had to be raised by approximately 50%. My satisfaction lead me to request another bid from Handyman to paint and put up crown molding, a chair rail, base molding, a 6' X 3' medallion on the ceiling, two pediments on top of my corner cabinets, as well as 12 faux panels under the chair rail in my dining room and foyer. I was to supply all the materials excluding paint. My dining room is approximately 13' X 11'. My foyer is 4' X 4'. Also included in the bid was the installation of two trash receptacles in a cabinet in the above mentioned kitchen. The bid I received was $5,500.00. Painting alone was itemized at over $2700.00. I was a bit overwhelmed by said bid and called in four other people to also bid. None of their bids came in over $1500.00. One was as low as $750.00. I have no clue why Handyman Solutions bid was so outrageous but can only surmise that they were attempting to fleece me. If you are considering using Handyman Solutions please tread wearily.

Category contractors,home remodeling,interior painters

10/07/2009

ward G.

After the repairs were done you could not tell that any damage had ever happened. After the power vent was installed they also repair cracked vents on our roof at no charge!

Description of Work
We had a broken pipe that had caused damage to the sheet rock. We also had a power vent installed on our roof.

Category drywall,handyman service

08/14/2009

Janice K.

I e-mailed the company (via their website) a list of items that I needed done. The Company's project manager came to my house to discuss the nature of my request. At that point, two items not on my original list were added and one was eliminated. The Company then drew up a fixed priced contract and the scheduled work (except the door hinge replacement) began the afternoon of the next day. The technician was punctual and professional. While the quality of his work appeared satisfactory, it should be noted that these tasks required only the most elementary of skills. On the second day, two technicians arrived and worked for approximately 1.5 hours to replace the door hinges. This task required more skill because the new hinges were thicker than those being replaced. The contract was modified to include this initially unforseen circumstance. The end result appeared satisfactory.

Description of Work
Replaced hinges on 8 interior doors; moved stone bird bath; removed 6 ft of fencing; checked gables for missing piece of siding; cut down dead vines on tree; installed pet barrier in auto; moved dog exercise ramp (Note: customer supplied all materials.)

TRI COUNTY HANDYMAN SERVICE

Maintainance, repair, flooring, carpentry, finish carpentry, painting, windows, doors, and many others. Big or small we do it all.

Offers by TRI COUNTY HANDYMAN SERVICE on Angi
    Cord Mitchell Construction

We specialize in framing and finish carpentry. However, we provide many other services such as plumbing, concrete, gutter repair/ cleaning, siding, and roofing. The years of remodeling and new construction experience has given our company the ability to do many aspects involving home improvement. We are an owner-operated buisness that strive to satisfy our customers.

Unlimited Handiworks LLC

Unlimited Handiworks LLC is an locally owned and operated residential repair, non-structural remodeling, and restoration service company established in Columbia Missouri 2005. Our goal is to provide the customer with wide range of professional trade services without having to hire multiple contractors. In 2021 the company relocated from the Midwest to Roanoke Virginia offering the same services with the same goal. We are also excited to be focusing on historic home preservation to help preserve original architectural detail and splendor. Our services.. Painting-Interior/Exteriors Drywall Installation/Repairs Insulation Plaster Carpentry(trim, moldings) Doors(interior/exterior) Windows Electrical(lights/fans,outlets,switches) Plumbing (fixtures only) Roofing-consultant Gutters-consultant Flooring(wood, tile, vinyl) Siding (repair/install) Decks (repair/stain/replace) Kitchen Remodeling Bathroom Remodeling Stone Installation(veneer) Historic Preservation(residential)

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Check, PayPal

For the past 14 years (due to personal tragedy at home), our true passion and focus has been Aging In Place and Home Accessibility Modifications, Products and Services. A Well Maintained, Safe and Accessible Home is essential to a better quality of life. This is the service we love to provide. Our unique services include: stairlifts, ceiling lifts, wheelchair ramps, barrier free bathrooms, home accessibility equipment, etc https://www.handymansolutions.org/the-aging-in-place-store

We do not offer replacement of roofing, gutters, siding, windows, doors or flooring. We do not take on large drywall, painting, concrete or large remodeling projects.