Prestige One Landscaping

Founded 1996 • With Angi since June 2006

3415 Maywood Ct

Independence, MO 64052

Prestige One Landscaping has been locally owned and operated since 1996. We specialize in cost-effective lawn & landscaping solutions that add value, beauty and functionality to your property. Our goal is to provide you with the best, most cost-effective solution with the lowest possible

08/01/2017

Debra C.

Very, very, very good experience. They pulled out anything that was old. Like our landscaping was 11 years old at that point in time. So, they pulled out things that were no longer coming back. For the growing season they planted new. They just cleaned everything up, trimmed everything, took care of everything that was still good. They could have said it was all horrible, but they were "Don't take this, don't take that, you know you only need to replace.". They were very honest about what work needed to be done and they went ahead and did it. It looked very nice that needed to be done. They guaranteed everything through the winter. So, in the spring, there were two plants that didn't make it through the winter. They came, they replaced them, kind of cleaned stuff up for us and then mulched everything.

Description of Work
They just kind of refreshed our landscaping.

08/01/2017

Debra C.

They fulfilled their guarantee that they would. They cleaned things up from the winter and mulched, they did a lot of mulching.

Description of Work
There were two plants that didn't make it through the winter. They came, they replaced them, kind of cleaned stuff up for us and then mulched everything.

Category landscaping, mulch

02/22/2017

Sharon A.

They got all the work done in one day. They did a good job.

Description of Work
They did some fill dirt on the north side of our garage where the dirt next to the structure was low and also in our front yard, by the sidewalk. They pulled up the sod and then relayed the sod and reseeded. They also installed a downspout line from the corner of the garage underground to the street to help with the drainage issue.

01/29/2017

Jamil Z.

It was a nice guy, I really liked him. He emailed the estimate to me. It was over $3000. He was polite and showed me everything. The only thing I didn't like was the pricing. Maybe the pricing was fair, but it was out of reach for me. The estimate was free. My house it not even worth it to do this kind of job. It's a 60 year old house. The price was kind of high, but was very nice and polite. The guy was very helpful and pleasant suggesting things that we could and could not do. The guy knew what he was doing and was very knowledgeable.

Description of Work
They came out and gave me an estimate for sodding, and a pathway from my driveway to my backyard.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

01/13/2017

Debra C.

They are going to come out in the Spring to finish the mulching. They definitely understood what we were trying to do and didn't try to say oh no. They understood where we wanted to go and made it very easy.

Description of Work
I used Prestige One Landscaping to pull out old landscaping and put in new stuff.

07/26/2016

Kevin M.

This was a $49 big deal purchase. That was not my favorite thing. I would not do that again. I am not dissatisfied, but they did not blow me away. It was just fine. They were really prompt once we booked it; they were on it. It felt more like an estimate, trying to give a landscaping plan estimate on a bigger job he was trying to map out. It was not that great. Their ideas were fine, but I was not wowed by it. Paying for it, I was hoping for a little more. I would not use them for this big deal again specifically, but if I had landscaping needs, yes. If I was going to do landscaping I would hire them.

Description of Work
They were supposed to do a landscape consultation and sketch.

06/30/2016

Anton T.

It went good they gave me it landscaping it was just to see everywhere and where was gonna happen

Description of Work
Fixing everything for how it

06/14/2016

Angela C.

The company always let me know when it was time to open/close the irrigation system.

Description of Work
Opened and closed my irrigation system, including a back flow value inspection.

05/05/2016

Lynn L.

I called and left 2 messages last week of April 25th, for them to call me back regarding a landscaping project I wanted to see if they could help me with. After not returning either of my phone calls, I sent them a message from their own listing on Angie's List this week of May 2nd, and still did not get a reply! I don't know how anyone could use a company and depend on them to do the work on time, if they won't even return a prospective customer's phone calls or messages!! I have been an Angie's list member for several years, and have used many companies with a professional, timely response, but will not use or recommend Prestige One Landscaping in Independence!!

Description of Work
Nothing, they never got back with me!

12/28/2015

JOSEPH M.

His plan called for removing a number of plants and bushes and planting about 15 bushes. When they came to do the work I asked if his men could also remove some river rock from the back of our house. They did do this, but left a lot of rocks. I wasn't very specific about my expectation so I can't fault them on the job they did. We back up to a heavily wooded area. I let the dump the rock in the woods. I am not certain how much extra was charged for the rocks.For this part of the job I felt they did a 'good' job. I paid them immediately. Two months later I called their office because a couple bushes were dying - 1 had died, one was dying. I also said I wanted to talk with him about landscaping another area adjacent to the one he had worked on. The girl who answers his phone said he was really busy and to get his attention she asked me to send photos of the dead and dying bushes and the area I needed landscaped. I put together the photos and a one page description of what I wanted the area to look and feel like. I have made at least 15 follow calls to the office. Sometimes I got a machine and sometime the same girl answered. She assured me he got what I sent to the office and had been told each time I called. Once she quipped I was being too patient and she cant force him to return his calls. I got ahold of his cell number a called it a few times, leaving messages each time. None of my efforts were acknowledged in any way by Roy or anyone connected with Prestige One Landscaping. Obviously, I do not plan on talking to him about doing more landscaping. And I do not believe he'll make good on the plants I lost so I figure I am out $100+. I would not recommend him. His actions or lack of actions are very unprofessional. I believe I am lucky that I didn't lose even more in this deal. I am truly hoping he responds to this review because his behavior is mystifying. I'd like to know how he explains it.

Description of Work
Roy, who I believe is the owner of the company, came out after i called about the coupon. I asked for design suggestions for an area right in front of our house. His plan was fine.

Category landscaping

Prestige One is willing to replace the 2 dead plants when the weather permits.

12/28/2015

Martha M.

They did fine. They came out and did a good job of doing what they were supposed to do. But then, when I called for them to come out, I never heard back from them. We were going to have them do the job. The workers were fine. I liked the consultation. He didn't do a sketch per se. It was all written out though.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal from them. It was $49 for landscape consultation.

12/07/2015

Jim S.

Everything went well. I received a call right away to schedule the appointment. Roye was right on time. Gave me a detailed diagram and estimate at that appointment. Answered all my questions and explained my options. I have told them to start the project whenever the weather will cooperate. It is certainly not a big project, but they treated it like it is. I will leave review when the work is done.

Description of Work
I used the $50 special for a landscaping plan.

11/10/2015

Daniel T.

It went fine, appreciated Roye's help but definitely not wowed by what I received. My wife and I know what we wanted and explained it very thoroughly to Roye. He give us a quick sketch and arrangement of different ideas for planting in the front and side of our home. The most helpful thing that was accomplished is telling us what plants would not work in certain areas and what plant species he would recommend based on sunlight and amount of water they receive. The bid for the services were fairly pricey if you ask me, but I wouldn't say that Prestige was overcharging as much as that landscaping companies price gouge for yard work.

Description of Work
Provided Landscape sketch for our property

Category landscaping, lawn service

10/13/2015

Adam R.

It's fine. The worst part is I can't reschedule. I will probably not use them again.

Description of Work
They looked at out landscaping and gave us a quick estimate and some ideas on what they would do.

08/03/2015

Barbara M.

The first time that we used this company we were fairly pleased with the work. The second time that we had them come we were not very pleased and felt that they had overcharged us for the work done.

Description of Work
landscaping work

07/05/2015

Ann E.

I did not know that he was going to provide a bid also. To do the landscaping for both front and back was approx. $20,000 I would have liked to have a drawing done by someone who had no stake in providing the landscaping. Maybe we could afford it then.

Description of Work
Made a sketch of landscaping with detailed plantings

07/01/2015

JOSEPH M.

I was going to use Prestige One for their ideas, but ended up hiring them to do the work. They were very efficient and did a quality job. Their work looks great.

Description of Work
Sketched out a plan for landscaping along the front of out house which included removing existing plants and bushes.

07/01/2015

TERRY R.

The patio job went flawlessly and I would recommend them for stone work. The second job was to remove plants, build a stone wall and put in new plants. The removal and stone work went great. The new plants were installed nicely. One of the larger conical boxwood had a small bare spot at the one bottom side but I assumed it would grow back. Plants were guaranteed for a year. I have now attempted to contact them 4 times as both azaleas have died and the one flawed boxwood has gotten worse. They have never responded back. I would highly recommend them for stone work but not for any planting.

Description of Work
Royer did two Jobs. The first was a Belgard stone patio. The second was a stone garden wall and new plantings.

Category landscaping, masonry, pavers, gravel

This client was using the e-mail contact option on our web-site which is out of commission (in the process of getting it fixed). Once I saw his comments in the review section, I called him and his plant issue has been resolved.

06/18/2015

Harry D.

The meeting was fine and he was a nice guy and professional, but it just seemed like an estimate I paid $50 for. I guess I was hoping for more creative ideas on how to solve the largest piece of work.

Description of Work
He provided some suggestions for updating our landscaping and provided a simple drawing of the largest portion of work. He also provided a breakdown estimate to redo/re-level all of our landscape bricks and add capstones as requested.

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel

06/17/2015

Deborah D.

I purchased a big deal at $49 for a landscape consultation with Prestige One. I made an appointment with them for June 12, 2015. Mr. Roye Dillon came on time. He talked with me about what I wanted for a landscape. He also looked at my two trees in my front and back yards. I told him that I wanted to redo my front flower garden in front of my house, and that I wanted to keep the two tea rose bushes and a peony bush but the floribunda rose, which was sprawling out of bounds, could go and the day lilies could go. I said that I needed a real edging for the flower garden because the black plastic edging that had been there for years was not working. Grass had spread from the yard to the flower garden and was growing better there than in my yard. Mr. Dillon showed me different edgings that I could use and sketched out a plan for the front flower garden, keeping the tea roses, peony bush, and day lilies, removing the floribunda, and adding some more bushes and day lilies. I asked how much it would be for his company to put all that in. We agreed on a price.

Description of Work
Provided a sketch and consultation on what to do with my front flower bed.

Category landscaping, tree service

06/17/2015

Bernie H.

Can't really blame the contractor for this one, it was my fault as much as any ones. I bought a coupon on Angies list for around $50. The guy came out and drew a sketch with some suggested plants and a retaining wall. Could have gotten any local nursery to do the same thing for free. Watch out for the coupons you buy on Angies list - I buy them very rarely anymore. For example, if you buy a coupon for for "x" amount of dollars for a service (say plumbing) and you don't know how long the job will take or the hourly rate of the contractor, the coupon is basically worthless. The contractor can say the job costs $100.00 rather than his standard fee of $50.00. Like an open checkbook.

Description of Work
Drew a sketch

Category landscaping, masonry

06/08/2015

Debbi M.

It went very well. The workers always cleaned up when they left each day. I was a little apprehensive because I'd never had someone else choose plants for my yard. I worried because it was July before the plants went in. Would they survive? He also added some sod to some bare areas in my front yard. It looked wonderful last summer, but July and August were dry. I watered and waited anxiously for spring to see what would come up. Almost everything survived and it looks great again. The way it was designed makes mowing the yard so easy. Roye listened to what I wanted. One of the last things he did was move a plant that I felt was going to be in the way of the outside faucet. It's all nice. I love the patio. Such a huge improvement.

Description of Work
Roye drew a sketch. I wanted a retaining wall in the back yard. He extended the cement slab with pavers, built a retaining wall and buried all of my downspouts. He also planted plants around the back and side of the house. He created an area with plants on the far side of the back yard.

Category landscaping, lawn service, masonry

06/08/2015

Natalie B.

Roy was great! He gave me excellent advice for a retaining wall, plantings and seeding. He also gave me estimates for his company to do the work. Very knowledgeable and professional. I'm planning on using this company to complete the work soon.

Description of Work
Gave me ideas for landscaping and retaining wall options.

Category landscaping, masonry

05/19/2015

SHAWN H.

They couldn't help us because our yard is too small and they were going to charge us for them to come out and give an estimate.

05/14/2015

riley .

Enjoyed his visit, very professional, definitely listened to what I was looking for and how I would like to break it into projects. Provide great insight and knowledge, provided a sketch and listed proposed plants (little difficult to read his writing but readable). Will definitely be using Prestige Landscape services.

Description of Work
Landscape review, proposal, estimate and sketch

Essential Extras Inc

Essential Extras, Inc. creates unique outdoor spaces and structures such as screened porches, gazebos, pergolas, shade arbors, and custom fencing and privacy screening. Designs and projects often include landscaping, hardscaping, and low voltage lighting. We design to match the scale, look, style, and flow of the existing area. Our full portfolio has thousands of pictures of our decks, pergolas and other projects. We use many different railing and decking materials–mostly woods, plastics, composites and aluminum. We do most types of residential remodeling from small repairs to major projects like room additions and basement refinishing. Our process begins by determining the function or desired end result. Then we work back to the physical project so that our designs integrate the rationale, the physical setting, and our clients' taste. We strive to be truly custom and creative. No two people or projects are alike. Essential Extras, Inc. easily accommodates unusual projects, situations, and unique custom original designs. We make interior, exterior, added, or remodeled space blend into existing space structurally, functionally, and aesthetically–we make it look like it "belongs". Depending on your preference, we offer design and plans service, construction supervision, design/build agreements, or complete turnkey service.

Atlantis Drainage Solutions

Atlantis Drainage Solutions was incorporated in 1997. The President, Ken Banks, was previously employed with a local foundation repair company for 6 1/2 years before starting his own company. It was his belief based on personal experience, as well as professional engineer statements, that the majority (85%) of wet basements could be made dry or maintained dry by improving and managing the water run-off (drainage) around the structure. Therefore our motto became, We Correct the Cause Not the Symptom!

Hawk Roofing

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check

Landscaping, Water Gardens, Paver Patio & Walkway Creations, Retaining Walls, Planting, Low-Voltage Night Lighting, Irrigation.