Murphy Carpet Co

Founded 1978 • With Angi since December 2009

2112-2116 Penta Dr

High Ridge, MO 63049

Locally owned & operated. Financing available. See website for additional service areas. Additional contact name - Bob Lile, Connie Lile, Chris Glockengieser, Al Lenz, Nancy Davis, . Additional e-mail - nancy@murphycarpet.com, jessica@murphycarpet.com, chris@murphycarpet.com, al@murphycarpet.com....

01/03/2020

Kellyn D.

Everything was great! Every person for the company I interacted with was nice and knowledgeable. They were able to come out not very long after I called and finished the project quickly. They also gave us tips on how to save money. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Repair subfloor

01/03/2020

Kellyn D.

Great. Very helpful and saved me money.

Description of Work
They repaired a subfloor

Category flooring contractor

05/10/2017

Jason S.

Had carpet replaced in 3 rooms. When finished the carpet was too short for the base board. Too short to tuck to my hardwood floors. Carpet was junk, came from LOWES. We even bought upgraded pad! Tons of frays that pull an entire row of carpet out if they get caught in vacuum.. Steps were not correctly tucked. Rooms had crooked lines due to poor stretch job. Had 3 areas where the carpet was cut too far from wall and it showed. Not a single one could hardly speak a word of English. They scratched my hardwood floor. And every freshly painted door, in EVERY room, had dirty grimy hand prints. Tack strip stabs you in the foot when you walk into the room. Called Murphy Carpet to come fix the issues. NO RESPONSE!

Description of Work
Carpet replaced

04/26/2017

Maggie P.

Murphy's was contracted out to replace carpeting in our house. They left the job without beginning it without a clear reason. It has left us in a very bad position with our house being completely torn apart. When my husband called them, they had no clear reason why

Description of Work
Carpet Installation

09/08/2015

shawn K.

Amazing. I have had many contractors do various jobs, from all price ranges. Very rarely do they even get get a C in my book. Most companies do things half way, don't care about their work. I bought my flooring through Lowes and they subcontracted through Murphy's carpet. These guys EXCEEDED my expectations. There were tons of small cut outs- detailed areas. I could tell when I met the guy he was going to a good job by the comments he was making. I would recommend these guys over anyone!!! I tell everyone. I have rarely found quality workmanship in the 15 years I have been a home owner. A++++ Thanks Murphy's !!! My basement is beautiful!

Description of Work
laid carpet, and sheet vinyl in basement.

03/30/2015

William S.

They did a good job and were very responsive and professional. We had some problems with the product but that's really a product problem and not an installation problem, so I really can't fault them. You couldn't ask for a better crew to come out. Their professionalism and their ability to work with a customer is tremendous, along with their ability to work with one another. They were a pleasure to watch work. It's three guys who have been working together for so long, they know exactly what has to be done and when. They come in, get the job done right and are out. They're right on top of their job and make sure it's done professional. They're a good company.

Description of Work
They relaid the kitchen floor and installed carpet throughout our house, including the living room, stairs and two bedrooms.

10/19/2013

Bryan Y.

The person who measured our floors did a terrible job. They over measured by over 100 square feet on a job that was only 650 sq feet. I knew this because I had previously measured the same area. When I asked to see their measurements, I noticed the person failed to remove square footage where cabinets existed and also squared off rooms that we're not square. This contributed to the over measure. After I pressed them with these findings, they performed a re-calculation I and came in 100 sq ft less. This was exactly where I expected. Besides the mis-measurement, the actual installers were great. Murphy subcontracted to JBM Floors and I loved them.

Description of Work
Installed hardwood floors on part of our main floor.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

06/25/2013

Kathy K.

I couldn't be happier! The entire experience, from measurement through installation, was first-rate. Everyone was punctual, considerate, friendly, and professional from beginning to end. The installers were very careful when moving furniture and particular in placing it all back in just the right spot. They asked questions about my preferences along the way and were careful to clean up during and after installation. They went above and beyond the call of duty and repaired an additional problem that I hadn't scheduled in advance and were quite happy to do so. Their pricing was also quite reasonable; I will absolutely use them again without hesitation and look forward to doing so!

Description of Work
Installed carpet on stairs from main floor to upstairs master bedroom, as well as all of master bedroom.

06/05/2013

Catherine W.

Murphy Flooring was our installer through a Lowe's purchase. The first "phase" was four days of tile work by Pat Murphy. I was extremely courteous and willingly complied with my requests. He asked for feedback on my preferences and followed through with all details. My son and I were both very impressed with Pat. The second "phase" was carpeting and vinyl. We had scheduled two days for carpet install and the vinyl was to be scheduled later when it arrived. However, I was surprised to learn they vinyl had arrived early and all would be completed in three days. While it was a pleasant surprise, I would have appreciated a call to inform me of the extended day since I had painters scheduled for the next day, but that was a minor bump. Overall, the experience was great. The workmen were professional, courteous and efficient.

Description of Work
Installed tile in kitchen and entry, vinyl in bathrooms and carpeting throughout; removed and disposed of all existing flooring (hardwood and carpeting). The above price included all materials and labor.

05/31/2013

Silvia P.

Great! Job well done and...saved 1000 dollars since the other bid we had (same exact carpet) was a lot higher! Honest, hard working people!

Description of Work
install carpet in basement

Champion Floor Co

A family owned and operated flooring company, right here in St Louis, we are here to help you with all your flooring projects. We are proud Bona Certified Craftsmen (A distinction in the hardwood flooring industry, a Bona Certified Craftsman is a hand-picked, proven, top level professional, trained and certified by Bona) who specialize in hardwood flooring. We are also happy to help you with your carpet, vinyl, and LVT flooring needs. Contact us today for a free estimate. Costs determined by the job. Travel charges may apply outside of 75 miles. EMAIL: Kristen@ChampionFloor.com.

Quality Wood Flooring

Family owned & operated, majority of work is by customer referrals. Three employees, no criminal records or use of sub contractors. Owner is on the job site. Cost determined by the job. We do not have a showroom because we prefer to pass on the savings to our customers by keeping our overhead low. Quality Wood Flooring offers installation of wood flooring and also refinishing of existing floors. We can provide the raw material with job site install and finishing. We also can provide pre-finished flooring, or you can provide the material and we install it. We prefer not to show color samples when bidding the job site finished flooring, instead we show the stain colors on your floor after sanding, in your lighting, to get the true custom color you desire. We are a member in good standing of the Better Business Bureau. We service the entire St. Louis and Metro east area. Free estimates over the phone, or in person, if you are within 50 miles. We are insured and most of our business is from word of mouth. We book up quickly, so please try to contact us as soon as possible to get on our schedule. We try to accommodate our customers as much as possible, and will work some weekends to fit people in, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee to be available for you, unless you give us adequate notice. We can be booked up at least a month in advance, but schedules change, and can be adjusted, so do not be afraid to call, and we will try and accommodate you.

Things 2Fix

Trusted handyman services, and general contractor serving St. Louis and the surrounding area. Whether the job is big or small our home improvement experts can tackle it updates from installing ceiling fans to repairing leaking sink to new bathroom or kitchen.

Offers by Things 2Fix on Angi
    American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check, PayPal

Carpeting, ceramic/porcelain, installation materials, laminate floors, specialty floors, vinyl/resilient & wood flooring.