Ecopest Services LLC

Founded 1998 • With Angi since October 2008

6400 Main St Ste C

Grandview, MO 64030

In business since 1998, EcoPest is owned and operated by Dr. Esau Formusoh, a K-State-trained Entomologist with over twenty years of urban pest management experience. Esau has inspected and treated over six hundred homes for subterranean termites in the Kansas City metro area over the past fifteen

11/14/2021

Ed W.

Very thrall and professional. They were here when they say they gonna be here, they clean up and charged me in exact what they told me.

Description of Work
Termite removal

07/04/2019

Jerry C.

This is the second time I’ve used Dr. Formusoh at eco pest. He came the very next day, diagnosed, explained and treated the problem with professional grade eco-friendly techniques and products. He treated me fairly with reasonable pricing explained up front, and did not try to sell me anything I didn’t need or request.

Description of Work
We had a complex problem with flying and crawling ants that diy ant traps didn’t fix.

07/06/2018

Brenda L.

Very knowledgeable. Pleasant to deal with. Problem solved.

Description of Work
Pest elimination

05/22/2017

Karen C.

Esau and crew were fantastic! Work was performed professionally and efficiently.

Description of Work
Termite treatment

04/12/2017

Gwyn D.

We had Esau Formusoh (Eco Pest owner) out to look at what we thought was a wood beetle problem and when he was here - he noticed we had termites on the exterior of our garage. He treated for the wood beetles (in a firewood pile in our garage - now relocated) & treated for the termites as well. We were grateful for his knowledge & professionalism. Mr Formusoh is a KSU Entomologist and knows his pests! A few years after the termite treatment, our neighbor noticed mole/vole? mound trails running through his yard & ours. We called EcoPest again & Mr. Formusoh came out and showed us how to tell if they were active mounds or just "passing through the area" mounds. (Stepped on mound & said in a few days to see if it had popped back up). Thankfully they were deserted and not active & we have not seen any new mounds/paths since - but he gave us this bit of advice & the house call for free. I highly recommend Eco Pest.

Description of Work
Termite control & voles

Category pest control

Thanks for the kind words. Always my pleasure to render an expert opinion. Esau Formusoh,Ph.D- Entomologist

04/05/2017

Marc S.

Everything went great. Very thorough and professional job at a good price.

Description of Work
Termite Inspection

03/30/2017

Matthew P.

Fair price, in depth knowledge, and courteous demeanor. Great job of following up with exact types of spiders and bugs found that were of concern. If you are considering this company, which I strongly recommend, keep any samples of concern's(bugs) for them to research. Top Notch!

Description of Work
Check for spiders and spray for them and general bugs.

Category pest control, home inspection

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to provide you service. As always; always save specimen(s) for positive identification. Esau Formusoh, Ph.D-Entomologist.

12/17/2016

JOAN H.

It went great. Esau arrived on time and inspected both outside and inside and luckily found no evidence of termites. He is very knowledgeable and helpful - and educational. He gave us good information on termites and discussed what kinds of things are evidence of any activity so that any future issues can be caught early on.

Description of Work
We had a termite inspection for our duplex, since we hadn't had one in a long time and it's good to do for peace of mind if nothing else.

11/15/2016

Murat M.

They are great and their service is good. The owners basically perform the services for you. The owner comes in every time. He is very knowledgeable and trustworthy. I like working with him.

Description of Work
I have used Ecopest Services. He does year-round inside and outside pest control treatments.

11/02/2016

Raj B.

Great work. Easy to work with . Very knowledgable.

Description of Work
regular pest control

10/29/2016

Jerry C.

Excellent. Owner took me around the house and showed me what to look for, and what to do to prevent any future termite problems.

Description of Work
Inspect for termites. None found.

08/29/2016

Jerry C.

Arrived on time and he explained to me what he real problem was.

Description of Work
Termite inspection

05/12/2016

David W.

We had been seeing some suspicious bugs upstairs in our house. I called EcoPest Services and they asked me to explain what I had been seeing. I told them I had kept some of the bugs and that when I find them they are usually dead. I was speaking with Esau (the owner). Before coming out he asked me to text him a picture of the bugs. He identified it as a Wood Cockroach and was able to give me a lot of information. Basically, they don't breed inside houses (which is why I was always finding them dead), it was probably a very temporary situation due to the time of year, and there would be no need to spray the inside of the house. He said he could come out and spray the outside and that could help, or we may just want to wait a week or so to see if things resolved on their own. We decided on the latter and sure enough we stopped seeing them shortly after. I was also able to confirm through the internet that it was the bug he identified and learned a bit more about them myself. Apparently they are attracted to light. We turned the lights off on the side of the house where we were seeing them and that may have helped too. The conversation with him helped ease my mind and I appreciated that he didn't just want to come out and spray when there may have been no need. Highly recommend Ecopest Services!

Description of Work
Evaluated & Advised on bugs we were seeing in our house

12/01/2015

Tim R.

We've been an Ecopest customer for almost 10 years. We have had no complaints. Esau has rid us of: termites in the walls, wasps in the HVAC compressor, and spiders and ants and assorted bugs attempting to live indoors and in our shed. His service is prompt, professional, competent, and fairly priced. Ecopest is highly recommended. The wife says: "We would invite Esau for Thanksgiving if it weren't weird".

Description of Work
The last visit was to respond to a sighting of a mouse in the garage. Esau deployed traps and left instructions. Upon learning that Esau was on the job, the mouse immediately departed the area and has not been seen again.

08/29/2015

Harold E.

Mr. Formusoh was polite and prompt and professional. There was no charge for the service and I have his card and if I need pest control in the future I will certainly be giving him a call.

Description of Work
I found evidence of what I thought were termites so I contacted EcoPest and Esau Formusoh came out for a free estimate. He told me there were no termites, just ants. He showed me that my downspout was leaking and the ants liked the moist soil and were making my home their home. He advised me to fix the downspout and the ants would go away, so I did and they did.

08/26/2015

Margaret R.

Really tried to figure it out though and taped everywhere to get samples of what it might be. Nothing found.

Description of Work
Check for bedbugs...did not locate any nor was able to resolve what the issue was

08/05/2015

Adrienne H.

The office staff was courteous and helpful from the beginning, and followed up on questions I had. They called to confirm the day before, showed up on time and were helpful in every aspect of the job. Our situation was different than usual since the buyers of our home had an inspection done previously, so Ecopest charged us just for the treatment instead of a second inspection plus treatment. I would recommend them and would use them again for future insect problems we may have.

Description of Work
Treated the exterior of the home for termites.

08/03/2015

James S.

The gentleman that did the service was very thourough and was very knowledgeable. Fortunately, no termites were found.

Description of Work
I purchased the termite inspection.

07/14/2015

Wade D.

Provider promptly came out, inspected the exterior and basement. Great job.

Description of Work
Inspection

03/28/2015

JOAN H.

This was excellent. We had some concerns about a few bugs we found in the house. Esau came when promised and inspected the house. He was very patient and knowledgeable and addressed all our concerns. It turned out that we had no serious issues, and the control methods we were using were sufficient to handle the situation. What I especially like about Esau is that he will not proceed with a treatment until he is sure that it is necessary. In our case he provided peace of mind which was very much appreciated. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Pest Inspection

Category pest control, home inspection

It is always a feeling of great satisfaction when I am able to resolve pest issues affecting my clients. I am glad to know that you now have a piece of mind. Should any other pest or termite concern arises, please do not hesitate to contact us. As always, please SAVE a specimen(s) for positive identification. Thanks for using our services. Esau Formusoh, Ph.D-Entomologist.

03/10/2015

Lorene H.

Once we were able to schedule they told me they would be out of the office from Feb 23rd thru Mar 20th, so I agreed to Mar 30th. I realized the coupon expired prior to that and contacted Angie's List to assure I would still be able to use the deal. Angie's List assured me that as long as the company is willing to honor the deal that the date is fine.

Description of Work
Pest control termite inspection.

Category pest control, home inspection

I want to assure you that your coupon purchase is still valid. I have you on my calendar for March 30th at 2 PM. Looking forward to seeing you. Thanks. Esau Formusoh, Ph.D-Entomologist.

12/28/2014

James J.

We have not seen ant's in the yard for the season. We will repeat the treatment in the spring time. We hope with Dr. Formusoh's eco-friendly prescriptions, we will not have ant issue in the future.

Description of Work
We had ant's issue in the yard when we moved in during early September. Dr. Formusoh and his team used eco-friendly treatment to minimize the hazard to my family and my dog.

Category pest control

It was our pleasure working with you. Thanks for exhibiting an appreciation for our response to your ant problem. We always strive to customize our service approach to meet each individual's needs. Looking forward to seeing you in Spring.

11/10/2014

Suzanne H.

He gave me some really good insight and information. He had everything torn up then I went ahead and washed everything carefully and swept everything and treated everything and the problem seemed to go away and so we haven't really needed the service. If it didn't, then we would consider him but at that time, it seemed like the problem has gone away. He quoted us over $900. He was very professional and very knowledgeable, very courteous and I think his price was reasonable for the service that he was offering. I'm just thankful that at this point, we don't think we need it. I was not responsive; I was on vacation when he got back with me and it took me a while to get back with him. He was very responsive.

Description of Work
They gave me a quote. It was for bedbugs and we have a large home and he had to get rid of them in each room.

Category pest control

I'm pleased to learn that my piece of advice has been of help in resolving your insect pest problem. Thanks for using our services.

10/22/2014

ANNA H.

I had used EcoPest Services in the past for a termite inspection and preventative insect/spider treatment. I was satisfied with the past services so I called them again to do another quarterly preventative pest treatment. I called on a Friday and scheduled the service for the following Wednesday at 9:00am. I took the morning off of work in order to be there for the service. At 9:15am the day of the scheduled service they still had not shown up. I did not receive any communication that they were running late. I had to call to see if they were still coming. The guy finally arrived at 9:30am (30 minutes late) with no explanation or apology as to why he was late. While he was friendly enough and did perform the service that was requested I was disappointed with the lack of professionalism and punctuality this time using this company.

Description of Work
Quarterly preventative insect/spider treatment.

Category pest control

I apologize for the tardiness of the technician and thanks for the input. I have discussed this with the technician. That should not have happened and hopefully it shouldn't happen again. Don't hesitate to contact us for any pest and/or termite needs.

09/18/2014

Kenneth W.

It went great. Ecopest was very professional and took care of my pest problem both inside and outside of the house.

Description of Work
Provided pest control services on the interior and exterior of my house.