Andy OnCall

Founded 1993 • With Angi since September 2008

4.3

12800 5th Street

Grandview, MO 64030

Andy OnCall specializes in home repairs and maintenance. No job too small!...

09/11/2018

Dale F.

Floyd was prompt and helpful. It turned out that we could not put on a screen door after much check out sizes and fits. Disappointing but honest and helpful with much time involved arriving at our decision. Floyd also repaired our deck screen in the process.

Description of Work
Screen door and deck screen

Category decks, screen repair, deck cleaning

10/06/2017

David S.

Our initial experience with this company was OK but the technician had some individual health issues so we were courteous in having him there only a short period of time to work and return, not an issue. There was some issue of their technician not covering our newly restored hardwood floors doing damage- we are still waiting on a repair resolve for this issue. The next technician we got would call stating was “on the way” but never arrive or was only able to stay and work for an hour or less when he was on site. I simply thought that our initial technician having health issues was the reason, but now I’ve come to understand that this is just the way this company works. They must be short staffed or have staff that is not dependable. If you can nail them down to being there six or eight hours a day good luck. I canceled their second quote after their technicians inability to show up and complete services Note: work may not be as professional as you think it should look when they’re done.

Description of Work
Deck Power wash and seal, hallway painting, ceiling repair and painting , plumbing repairs.

09/29/2017

Dixon H D.

They did not charge for the estimate. We decided not to use anybody really. We are going to way.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from them, but I haven’t really used them.

06/21/2017

Kathy B.

He was two hours late getting there. They did call; however, still unacceptable. I had an appointment and took off work. Once he arrived, it was 6p and I could tell he was already done for the day. He re-hung pictures and told me the other items need replaced. I already knew that and that is why I hired a handyman. Very frustrating - a waste of my time and money.

Description of Work
Minor items around the house, i.e. kitchen faucet leaking, toliet leaking, re-hang pictures, repair ding on coat closet door, repair drywall in master bath, replace light under kitchen counter.

05/24/2017

Roy S.

I accepted and the work was scheduled for a Monday, which was rainy. We re-scheduled for the next day; this is where the F score developed. I texted, "are we on for today." The answer was yes. I cancelled my commitment for the day so I would be around to pay at the end of the work. No show no call all morning. Around 1100 I text again about time of arrival. The answer came back, "my schedule was altered, I plan to paint this afternoon, and finish up tomorrow. Nothing all afternoon. At about 1400 hrs I text again; "do you have an eta, I have a task to do this afternoon." The answer, "'1600 - 1630 hrs." I did my task and arrived back at 1600 hrs, No Ricky. No text, no call regarding arrival. Finally, at 1700 I started reviewing another bid that came in at the same cost. Still no show, no call, np Ricky. At 1706, I called Andy Oncall and cancelled my job, they were closed; 1630, so I left a voice mail. I texted Ricky, not to come: I fired him and the company. His response was, "Ok, I am sorry for your disappointment, I got tied up with complications and what not at this other job." My F is because I had to do all the initiation relative to his arrival to do my job. If he would have texted or call just once to let me know this "reschedule job" that was put before me was complicated and may cause a days delay, I know I would've accepted. I would've called Andy Oncall to inquire as to why he was rescheduled for a job that was put ahead of me. I would've also complained that the company didn't communicate with me as well. I don't think I will offer Andy Oncall another chance to help me with the repairs I can no longer accomplish. (I put service provider's location below, because my complete address was listed.)

Description of Work
I needed my downspouts painted and rehung. Andy Oncall sent Ricky to bid the job. The bid was $357 or about.

Category gutter repair, handyman service

Thank you, this is probably the first review that I can completely agree with. We have been having communication issues with Ricky and this was a well documented example of why he will no longer be working with our company. It is also a good example of why we encourage all communication to go through the office. Had I known about these texts and the time delays sooner, I may have been able to help. Again thank you for letting me know about this, and I can assure you that Ricky no longer works for us should you choose to use Andy OnCall again.

09/26/2016

Jian C.

Other than missing a couple of appointments due to reasonable causes, everything went very well.

Description of Work
sidings and some other small items.

Category awnings, handyman service, siding, house painters, doors

06/08/2016

Letitia D.

Tim came out to fix it, he had to come back twice, the second time he came out he used quickcrete is what he told me he was going to use. It was too runny because it ran down my steps. I had my son take pictures and call them to let them know what had happened. I spoke to the office manager Misty, I sent her pictures, she and I had a mutual agreement that being it is December and it is cold out we would wait until the weather is better and they would come out to fix my step. I had a year warranty on the work. So I called Misty in March and reminded her of our agreement. She said she would take a look and get back to me. I did not hear from her for over 2 months, then she started avoiding my calls. I spoke to another female in the office and told her I felt she was ignoring my calls. Two or three days later she calls. I reminded her again of our agreement, she said she would send someone out. I thought she meant to fix my step but she sent the owner Tom out he took a look at my step said there is nothing running down it. That was the dumbest **** I ever heard! Of course there is nothing running now it was almost a year ago, then he tried to tell me Tim used caulk,I said no he used quickcrete. Tom said it is not a warranty issue. So I have had to file complaints with the BBB, and the FTC. This company is not an honest company they take money do shotty work, and not stand behind their fuckups. I am a single mother with two kids I don't have money to give these bastards. I only wanted them to honor what they said. Tom says if me and Misty had a side deal he don't know about that. She is his employee I have pictures of how the job looks now. What Tim did in December is washed out because it was too watery, and it rained the next day and the day after. I wasn't worried because I just knew it would be fixed. So now I have to pay someone else to come do what I paid these sob's to do. I am so angry I can hardly see straight. In my opinion they are crooks be careful about using them. They have no honor, no character, no respect, or dignity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Description of Work
They were supposed to fix my top concrete step. I am not sure of the exact date.

Category concrete driveways

10/26/2015

Ronald D.

After I replied to request for my location and phone number, no response. Seems to be an ongoing theme according to the reviews.

Description of Work
Nothing.

10/14/2015

Gineane S.

Took a week to call me regarding my request for a price quote. Finally came out a week and a half after first contact. Gentleman took measurements, was friendly and gave me a list of items he would get for job and items I needed to get. (which I did not expect) Stated he would email me a quote in a few days. A week later, I reached out to see where the quote was and if they were still interested. Never received a response. Would not recommend or use.

Description of Work
Nothing

Category siding

08/31/2015

Cynthia K B.

Never Called us back, so I don't have anything to review. Talked to someone, they were to get back to me, never did, then left a phone message, never heard anything from them.

Description of Work
Nothing

Category handyman service

I think we must have the wrong contact information in our system because my notes show that we left two messages to try to schedule a bid for you.

08/14/2015

Derek S.

They were very friendly and kept me in the loop . Doors caught when closing, Paul fixed that. Also replaced door sweep on front door. M

Description of Work
Belt sanded doors and replaced sweep.

Category handyman service, doors

06/29/2015

Rachel S.

Called me back same day to schedule and did a good job.

Description of Work
Got groupon to have gutters cleaned.

Category gutter cleaning, handyman service

05/27/2015

Mark B.

Bob E. was on time and very professional and friendly. Helped me find promo coupon to save money for the slide out shelves. Work done quickly and he cleaned up work site.

Description of Work
Build and install 8 pull out shelves in LV room cabinets, replaced 9 kitchen drawer slides with soft close slides. Replaced rotten threshold and associated portion of door jam due to rot. Replaced float and flap in toilet.

Category handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

05/24/2015

JOHN K.

Trent came out to give us an estimate. Next day we called into the office to make arrangements to have the work done. Trent showed up everyday ask scheduled. Very nice guy and explained what and how he would proceed. All went as planned and we paid the bill. A day later I found something on the shelves that I wanted fixed, Trent came and fix everything. I would use this company again.

Description of Work
fix tile by back door, stabilize stairway to the basement, replace door sweep on outside bad door, repair 5 holes in walls, hang pictures and built 4 shelves in the basement.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, doors

05/18/2015

Karren S.

It was good. The guy that came out was really good. The estimating process was really good but I'm not a fan of their service because when you have a handy person, you expect when you hire them for a job you want them to tell you everything needs to be done. Replacing the back stairs from the backdoor to the patio and he gave me an estimate but when he came, cut everything and did everything I just asked him a question about weather proofing or something and he said " Oh no! This isn't weather proof." "You're going to have to stain it." So why did he gave me a bid. He did the stairs but I have to stain them myself so I'm like a little annoyed. I think the guy was really nice, his effort was good because the problem that I have with the lock I think I kind of irritated him because of the stairs. He did do the work and it was okay; it wasn't perfect. I'm difficult to please so I think it would have been better.

Description of Work
He did several things. He fixed the lock on the door. I have problems with the door but then he did backstairs which I have to stain myself.

05/06/2015

Judi H.

It was okay. I had a little trouble with the carpeting staying glued but he came back and fixed it.

Description of Work
He put a carpet on my front porch.

Category carpet installation, handyman service

04/14/2015

Jimmy L.

Thumbs up! Great and quick service. Small repair, but it is exactly what I need.

Description of Work
Wood siding repairs

04/09/2015

Willis F.

It was very good. They were prompt and did a good job with the work. They seemed to be a good company. They previously put a glass barrier on top of our church balcony.

Description of Work
They did ceiling work in the basement.

Category basement remodeling

04/02/2015

Paul G.

Although we did not use Andy OnCall it was due to external circumstances (our plans ended up changing at the end) and nothing to do with Andy OnCall. Their price was a little higher than others but reasonable and included a few things they noticed that were not on the original list I'd put together of stuff that needed fixing. Very professional and friendly as well as helpful.

Description of Work
n/a

03/21/2015

gabrielle T.

This was a horrible paint job with unprofessional painters, but you get what you pay for. Great price but lousy painters and customer service.

Description of Work
remove wallpaper and paint wall, ceiling n trim in 2 rooms and hallway

Category handyman service, wallpaper removal, interior painters

03/02/2015

Sameul H.

They were awesome. I couldn't believe they didn't charge me for my stupidity.

Description of Work
A water pump wasn't working proper so I gave them a call. They had installed the water pump a year before. They came out and cleared the filter that I had forgotten to clean (my bad).

Category handyman service, plumbing

02/23/2015

Ed T.

This went very well. They said they would respond within 48hrs and they did. They were very affordable as well. I will be using this provider in the future.

Description of Work
They did some minor repairs in one of my buildings.

Category handyman service, remodeling

02/04/2015

LINDA M.

The crew that came to my house were very courteous and prompt. They worked quickly and did excellent work. They cleaned up both areas before leaving. I was able to watch as the work was being done and they answered all of my questions.

Description of Work
I hired Andy on Call to tear out an replace a wrap around porch and also a rear porch area.

Category handyman service

Thank you very much for your kind review, we look forward to working with you again in the future!

02/01/2015

Lisa B.

Did not respond as promised. Did not give an estimate.

Description of Work
Stated that he would provide an estimate based on photos sent to him - he said that he would not come as far as Parkville to look at the job. He never replied to my text message which included pictures.

Category handyman service

Good Morning [removed member name], Would you please check to confirm you have reviewed the correct company? I don't show any record of your name or address in our system, and since we travel to Parkville on a daily basis it seems odd that someone would tell you we don't. Also, do you happen to remember the name of the person you spoke with? Your review mentions "he" but if you call our office there are two women who answer phones and schedule appointments. It's those reasons that lead me to think there's been a mix up. Please feel free to call the office if there's anything we can help you with. And if there was in fact a mix-up would you be so kind as to notify Angie's List? Thank you very much.

01/31/2015

Sharon R.

I did not use them because their estimate for installing dishwasher was very high. Most contractors charge about $100 to install a dishwasher. They did provide an estimate to replace the works inside a toilet, which was reasonable, but I went with another contractor for this.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate to install a dishwasher

Category handyman service, plumbing

Hello [member name removed], Thank you very much for your review and we look forward to working with you in the future. I would like to add for other members reading this, the bid we provided was based on a verbal description and not seeing the exact hookups. It's possible that our bid would have been lower once inspected on site, but still would've been higher than the average of $100. And I don't recall whether I stated in our conversation, but we usually suggest having dishwashers installed by the seller as that cost is often built into their price making the installation cost cheaper (I apologize if I failed to mention that). Thank you again and we hope to be more competitive on your next bid!

Chimney Specialists LLC Buster Pruente

We're a Father/Son team and have been in business since 1977 and on all the major Insurance Company's preferred contractor list. We'll share with you all the technical specs and practical fixes for any problems you have and do the work ourselves. We have masonry craftsmen to call in on bigger jobs. Free estimates are available on jobs where there is a fair chance of winning your job. We're not the the highest or the lowest priced contractors, we try to stay middle of the road pricing. We won't come in and "scare" you with dire warnings about your house, but we will give you an inspection based on local codes and years of experience. We've seen it all before and can solve all chimney related problems. We've also done historic work on homes in greater Kansas City and St Joseph,and did the first round of work on the Freight House in Kansas City,as well as lots of work in downtown Lee's Summit. We also do basement repair and waterproofing such as wall bracing and backfill dirt. Waterproof paint on basements and raising window wells and epoxy basement wall cracks

The Legacy 4Ever Green

We specialize in pressure washing and soft washing services for exteriors of homes or businesses, sidewalks, driveways, decks, porches, patios, fences, truck trailers, parking lots, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Midwest Pressure Washing

We are a friendly small pressure washing company that loves to work and professional and have competitive pricing. Please contact us for estimates on your next project and we'll be in touch as soon as we can. Thanks.

Carpentry, painting, drywall, flooring, ceramic tile, handicap facilities, decks, gutter & kitchen/bath/basement remodels.