Home Inspections, Radon Gas Monitoring, Termite Inspections Sewer Camera Inspections, Gas Inspections.

We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Homecheck Inspection Service

Founded 2001 • With Angi since December 2011

730 Woodside Creek Dr

Festus, MO 63028

HomeCheck Inspection Service is proud to have earned the Angie's List Super Service Award in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020. As member of ASHI (American Society of Home Inspectors) and of InterNACHI (International Association of Certified Home Inspectors), HomeCheck

04/16/2022

Adrian M.

Extremely thorough! Did a great job. Strongly recommend

Description of Work
Home Inspection

10/27/2021

Linda R.

The home inspections went very well by Home Check Inspection Service. This experience fulfilled and exceeded my needs and wants. Jim Rueve made this experience so easy and knowledgeable for me. The inspection report and video were amazing and a wealth of information for me to make my new property sound and stable. Thank you again Jim Rueve and Home Check Inspection Service!

Description of Work
Home Inspection

09/23/2021

Kristy G.

Jim was amazing! His price was phenomenal compared to other local inspectors. His report was spot on. I live in a county where there are no codes or permits required but he inspected to code and pointed out things that could be improved based on surrounding counties' requirements. He did not have to go into t his much detail. He also did a great job communicating with the seller, who was on-site during the inspection. There is ALOT to a home inspection, there are pages and pages of info and the end has all of the deficiencies they find. It caused me to have a bit of anxiety about buying. After the inspection he spent quite some time on the phone with me going thru each aspect of the house, explaining the goods and the bad. He helped me work thru what would eventually need to be replaced due to general use, and what was a need to repair now. He listed all things that didn't meet code, or required repair or maintenance, but spent time explaining all of this. The seller had not uncovered the septic for my septic inspection and Jim went out of his way and helped the seller locate his septic. My agent said that is a minimum of $175 normally. Jim did not ask for any compensation from this, and was also not the septic inspector so did not receive any money from that inspection. You can not go wrong with Home Check Inspection Service!!!

Description of Work
Full Home Inspection

Category electrician, home inspection, plumbing, roofing

08/07/2021

Karen K.

Amazingly thorough! Explained each step and issue and helped me decide tasks I can do myself, hire out and how to consider tasks to do first. It helped decrease my worrying ajj by out which project to start first and which jobs can be left for next owner to consider. This was an excellent way to ease my anxiety and relax during my last years in my ‘age-in-place’ home. I highly recommend Jim Rueve to anyone who is ready to prioritize and understand what to do to maintain and increase the value of your home!

Description of Work
Home inspection

07/16/2021

Dana C.

Money well spent. I choose Homecheck inspection co from reading the reviews on Angie's list. The reviews were on point Jim was very professional in everything from explaining the different services that he provides to explaining the finding from my home inspection not only to me but also my realtor. THAT'S SERVICE!!! I will have Homecheck inspection phone number on speed dial if I should need any other services.

Description of Work
home inspection

05/22/2021

felecia B.

It went great will always request him everytime.

Description of Work
Home inspection of the roof

04/17/2021

Jakob S.

Jim was very professional and to the point. No time was wasted and he was personable and thorough. I definitely feel I am going into this home purchased more informed. I highly recommend them for home inspection and the sewer inspection was also worth the extra bit of money for piece of mind.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

03/25/2021

Ray T.

Jim did a great job of helping us perform the home inspection on our new townhome! He went through the details of the inspection thoroughly and gave us expert advice on how to get them fixed. Great job!

Description of Work
Home Inspection

03/23/2021

Andrew N.

Inspection went very good and inspector was very thorough.

Description of Work
full home inspection

02/02/2021

Lakia B.

Jim was extremely professional and performed a highly detailed inspection. I would recommend to family and friends.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Category home inspection, radon testing

Thank you [Member Name Removed], I hope you enjoy your new home.

05/04/2020

John S.

Steve spent nearly an hour on the phone with me detailing his qualifications (they are numerous), his rates, and answering my many questions as a first time home buyer. I compared him to two other inspection companies in the area. His rates are competitive, and he doesn't cut corners. He contracts out his sewer inspections and termite tests (he does not take a cut). Conveniently, all agents show up at the same time and conduct their tests simultaneously. Steve insisted that I accompany him to each room so that he could share his observations and give his take on what was worth worrying about, and what wasn't. I learned quite a bit! We received his written report the same day via email. I highly recommend Homecheck Inspection Services!

Description of Work
General inspection, radon test, sewer inspection, termite test

03/25/2020

Susan K.

Everyone was very professional, communicated effectively, very upfront about prices, and very thorough with their work. I would hire them back

Description of Work
Home inspection

03/03/2020

Craig M.

OK, The home was inspected. Termite inspection?

Description of Work
Home inspection

02/05/2020

Amani M.

Steve was great. Has alot of experience. Explained everything. Very honest Man. I Even reached out after the inspection, he answered all my questions and was nice about it and gave me suggestions. I’m He’s not going to sugar coat things. If something is wrong and the house isn’t worth buying he’ll definitely tell you. I would hire him again.

Description of Work
Home inspection

06/29/2019

Cinthia J.

Quality Grade A+ home inspection done by both Steve and Keith. I have never done/been to a home inspection before since I am a first-time home-buyer, but I was knocked out of the park by the amount of information that both of these gentleman gave me. Not only were these guys early to the inspection appointment, but Steve was informative, honest, and funny. He is also very thorough - which is an excellent quality! Keith was sweet and crawled into our attic to check the wiring. They were very respectful and patient men! They tested every inch of our future home - the outlets, the breakers, electrical panel, water pressure, the roof, the attic, the A/C, the siding, and much more! We spent a couple of hours going through the different sections of the house with them describing the conditions of the house, but also suggesting recommendations on fixes - which repairs will be expensive and which ones won't be. They took plenty of pictures and notes for our inspection report. With the Radon detection, I received the report as soon as possible. The pest inspector that was recommended by Steve, Robert R., also did thorough work - he even found a crawl space that I did not know the house had! AND HE CHECKED IT FOR TERMITES! I absolutely recommend their work, and for reasonable pricing, you will not be disappointed by their incredible work. P.s. I want to take this time and thank everyone in this review for all of your hard work. I truly appreciate everything you have done today to ease my home-buying mind. You guys rock! - Cindy.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

12/22/2018

Clarice D.

Everything went well. I have gotten plenty of pictures, that was sent to my email. I really love the outcome and the final paperwork that explains in detail what the inspector found. However, the best time to get a home inspection while it is raining.

Description of Work
roofing, a/c unit, heating system, water system,

11/24/2018

Jeffrey Z.

With this being the second home my wife and I purchased, I knew one thing going in was that I wanted to hire my own building inspector; not necessarily one referred to me by a realtor. Just to eliminate any questions, we wanted someone who would look out for OUR best interests. We could not have been happier with the work from Steve and Rich. They were punctual, extremely thorough, professional, and explained everything to us throughout the inspection. We spent several hours going through the various sections of the house. Steve’s additional inspectors he recommended (sewer, termite etc) both were punctual and professional. Prior to the actual inspection day Steve and I corresponded via text and spoke on the phone for over 20 minutes about something that was disclosed by the sellers up front, which was hugely helpful in putting us at ease over something we had not encountered previously. It also added some comfort having 2 sets of eyes on our house. These guys were extremely thorough and found numerous things that required repair or negotiation, as well as more minor things we would want to do, and they helped put us at ease and in context over which were significant vs expensive/cosmetic. One additional small positive detail my wife noticed that meant a lot: Rich and Steve addressed both of us equally, which she said was rare and hasn’t happened with other folks in the past. All in all it was a very positive experience and if you are looking for a truly independent and thorough home inspection, these are your guys.

Description of Work
Full home inspection and radon test for our house. Both included in price.

09/26/2018

Paul K.

Very professionally done. Steve explained everything he was doing. What he found right....what he found wrong and why, as well as what was needed to correct it. He was very informative and I learned a lot! Hen took my best interest to heart! This is actually the fourth time I have used him and will use him again if needed!

Description of Work
Complete home inspection as well as Radon test.

09/12/2018

LeAnne L.

We ended up cancelling the inspections as we'd decided not to purchase the house as a result of a septic inspection failure. However, Steve's employee had already started the radon test. Steve gave us a discount, and still provided the end report - which we totally appreciated! One note: you'll have to pay with a check at the time of service. This company doesn't have a credit card reader or online pre-payment method.

Description of Work
Home, Radon and Termite inspections

Category pest control, home inspection, radon testing

Hi [Member Name Removed], Just as a correction and I don't know where there was a miscommunication, I do not take online payments, but I do accept all credit cards. Steve

09/02/2018

Alona H.

Steve and his entire team was extremely knowledgeable, professional and friendly. The reviews don’t lie, this guy really knows his stuff and made us feel included and at ease with the entire process. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Home inspection on a new house

07/15/2018

VICKI K C.

Homecheck Inspection Service was very professional, prompt, efficient, thorough and helpful to us. Two inspectors came out and provided two sets of eyes and perspectives as they reviewed our home. They pointed out several things we need to do soon and other issues that could be addressed over time. Fortunately they were able to assure us about many aspects of the house that were in good shape. The inspection included a radon test and also a termite inspection (provided by an inspector they recommended) The final report was delivered in just a day and it was succinct and to the point, I appreciated the way they pointed out issues that might need attention like electrical issues, but were also quite clear in saying that they were urging us to get expert opinions and advice from the relevant professional for issues that they found. They were pleasant, polite, and they were open to my questions. They have our highest recommendation.

Description of Work
We have owned our home for 20 years and we wanted to have it inspected to make sure we were keeping up with all relevant repairs and updates. We don't plan to move anytime soon, but we wanted an expert opinion as to repairs and updates we might want to do.

07/14/2018

Kelly G.

It went amazing! They were awesome to work with!

Description of Work
Home inspections

07/03/2018

Naeem M.

I was told a thorough home inspection would be conducted. Which was not done. 1) Master Bath Tub leaks. Now on the report it says they did the test. But I was present on the day of the inspection I don't recall him showing me the full bath tub test being conducted on the day of the inspection.2) there is an issue with all the electrical outlets. They are loose. I was told they checked all the outlets. But When I spoke to the assistant he stated they don't check all the outlets.3) there is an issue with the windows. Some of them don't even open. This guy likes to talk a lot but does not deliver. He took my money($410.00) for two hours worth of work and did not provide the services for the amount of money he charged. He had the Odacity to tell me that he provided the gas and termite inspection. I had to remind him I wrote three different checks to three different companies that day. He likes to repeat over and over that you are getting two inspectors for the price of one. No that is not correct. The guy can't perform all the job functions and he needs help that's why he brings his son in law with him. By the way his son in law was always professional with me.

Description of Work
This was suppose to be a home inspection.

Category home inspection

For those reading this, let me at least tell the facts: A home inspection lasting from 8:40 to 11:40 was performed and this is documented in the report, but also does not include an hour report time at home making a 30 page report. There were 2 ASHI inspectors working for a total of 6 hours at your home. You bought a 22 year old home that you expect to be in new home condition. During our time we found a worn out defective roof (likely $10,000-15,000 to replace). A deck that had severe moisture damage/bug damage/no flashing/ improper joist hangers and was held up by roofing nails Likely $4000+-. You claimed this was my termite man. No we told him about the bugs there. He was the one who found termites though in the garage and basement $800). Two failed seals at the basement door ($600+-). The kitchen sliding door having a failed seal $350+-. A failed seal at a bedroom window $150. Note: No failed window seals noted by seller on the sellers disclosure. Electrical defects were noted in the basement and repairs were needed. You told me the HVAC man (my recommended guy) told you the AC did not work, not me and made a big deal of it. Yes he did. But, when a thermostat is turned to AC and it does not work, you do not need an HVAC guy to tell you that. He just did that job first. You rate above that my punctuality and responsiveness is a D. We started 20 minutes early, I have a phone record of a 45 minute call during original scheduling, you texted me repeatedly on Father's day morning and I responded. You claimed a burner did not work when in fact you just needed to clean it. I sent a my partner out to your house at no charge to you for a little less than hour. You texted me again two weeks later again on a Sunday and I again responded. Every home inspector uses a 3 prong grounded outlet to test grounding and polarization. Your complaint about electrical comes from a few two prong cords not wanting to stay in place. This is not a part of a home inspection that gets tested. When using a grounded 3 prong plug, this is not happening. The home you bought was occupied also. We so do not move a homeowners possessions to access all outlets. ASHI states to attempt to test one if possible. We way exceed ASHI standard of which were offered to be provided to you. We turn the bathtub on high for several minutes and no leaks were noted. We do not fill the tub to overflow conditions or take a bath in them. We are performing a home inspection, not an exhaustive search. During our conversation you said "See you in court" We were there for three hours, not living there. None of the items we found or that you mentioned were disclosed by the seller. As to "The guy can't perform all the job functions and he needs help that's why he brings his son in law with him" I'm 63, have fallen from a roof and am heavier than I would like. My Son in Law is an ASHI inspector with over 200 inspections with an engineering background who will eventually take over the company, not some half wit carrying a ladder around. I am an inspector with 7500+ inspection and one of the most respected inspectors by my peers. I was voted as President of the local St. Louis ASHI chapter and to a National ASHI Board of Director postion for 3 years by peers across the United States. I have earned Angie's List Super Service Award winner every year for the last 6 years besides other accomplishments You are evidently just an individual that no matter what I do or say, will not be satisfied and as I told you in our last communication when you mentioned "see you in court".. I'm done

04/24/2018

Farah A.

Steve inspected 3 houses for us in Clayton MO in the 2014 to 2016 period before we finally bought the last one. We had found his reference through Angie's List initially and I must say we were not disappointed in our choice. He is extremely detailed in his inspection, gives the best advice on items that deserve attention, is punctual and professional, and helped us make an informed decision. We would absolutely recommend his services.

Description of Work
Home Inspection before purchase

10/16/2017

Saeed M.

It went very well. Professional, knowledgable, honest, and friendly. I will certainly hire him again.

Description of Work
General home inspection + Radon Test

G.G.Greer Plumbing

As a third-generation plumber, G.G.Greer Plumbing offers professional plumbing services to the Bonne Terre, MO area. We provide cost-effective, guaranteed workmanship that will last. We take the time to talk to our customers and ensure their satisfaction. Whether you’re looking for water heater repairs or fixture replacements, we can handle all of your plumbing needs. We can install or repair everything from sewer lines to faucets to waterlines. Our goal is to ensure we get the job done right every time. After working for his father’s company for 20 years, our founder decided to branch out on his own. You can feel confident you’re getting top-notch work and quality products at a fair price at our company. For plumbing repairs, contact us today!

Reinhold Electric Inc

We started in 1976, to provide quality and assurance to always satisfy the customer. We guarantee all of our work, and our employees deliver this proud craftsmanship. We also over 24 hour emergency service. With a live answering service to take your calls, we have owners and electricians that are on standby around the clock.

2022 Super Service Award

Lawn Enforcement

Our goal is to continue providing the same high level of service and reliability Lawn Enforcement customers have grown accustomed to since the company's inception in 1993. We continue to achieve consistent and controlled growth by building long-lasting relationships based on integrity and dedication to our clients' needs. Lawn Enforcement currently provides services to several west St. Louis subdivisions as well as other commercial and residential properties. We personally oversee all aspects of our customers' projects to ensure our product meets the client's vision.

Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español

Full Home Inspections, Home Inspection, Radon Inspection, Sewer Inspection, Gas Inspection, Sewer Cleaning, Sewer Inspection, Sewer Line Camera Inspection, Termite Inspection, Same Day Inspections,