VINSON MORTGAGE GROUP

With Angi since June 2010

4.4

Mortgage Companies

Madden Mortgage

My name is Jim Schnarr. I am a St Louis area mortgage specialist. I live in Brentwood and have worked in the mortgage business for fourteen years, the last eight as Madden Mortgage, and am licensed and bonded by the state of Missouri and the federal government. Madden Mortgage does NOT charge the $1000-1200 for underwriting and the same amount for processing. The title company I use is typically $500-600 less than those used by other banks and mortgage companies. This makes my loans smaller by $2500-3000. Having lived in St Louis my entire life I offer a working knowledge of the area no large out-of-town company can provide. I have access to programs without mortgage insurance for people with little equity and even negative equity in their homes. Frequently an appraisal is not necessary. Madden Mortgage closes loans in 10-15 business days. I can usually email all documents for e-signatures at the beginning of the process which shortens the time needed to close and simplifies things for you. I keep clients up to date throughout the process; I also answer or return calls promptly (evenings and weekends too). Your home is usually your biggest investment and I treat it that way. If I can help you in any way, please contact me at your convenience.

03/16/2016

While shopping for mortgage companies I called 5 brokers and banks. Of them, Clay Powers at Vinson Mortgage was the best--the others didn't even compare, tacking on junk fees or leaving off the interest rate (!) when sending me the good faith estimate or even refusing to send me an estimate until they pulled our credit (which is not necessary but does drag your credit down). Clay was very patient ...

Description of Work
Clay Powers at Vinson Mortgage serviced our loan.

11/03/2015

10/21/2015

Description of Work
super fast closing, everything went great

10/26/2014

Refinance Everything they say in their commercial is true! They could have closed me sooner but I was out of town. The title company rep even came to my house. I was very impressed with the loan officer.

Description of Work
Refinance

11/10/2013

The mortgage specialist ran a credit check (760 score) with the credit bureaus. I received a letter from Vinson Mortgage stating they had run my credit and provided me the results. I never heard from them again. The commercials on the television are a farce. Vinson Mortgage Group is not as efficient or professional as Ray would like consumers to believe.

Description of Work
Responded to my online query for mortgage refinancing. A mortgage specialist called me to gather more information. We spoke twice with the last time being on Friday, Oct 25. He said he would run some numbers and e-mail them to me no later than Monday, 28 Oct.