Ortmann Concrete Inc

Founded 2003 • With Angi since April 2010

Begun in August of 2003, we are a family owned company with approximately 6-8 employees which are provided fair wages and health care. We are a member of the Better Business Bureau and carry an A+ rating. We carry strict limits on work comp and general liablity. We provide free estimates. Each bid is personally designed to each project and fees will be upfront and included on all bids. Customer is required to sign a written contract before any work is performed to protect us and our customers. Receive free sealing of any concrete poured by Ortmann Concrete by metioning Angie's list. We served the St. Louis Community for 10 years and are looking forward to the next 10 years!! Check us out on YouTube!...

concrete repair (48)stamped concrete (22)Patios (19)concrete driveways (15)stone & gravel (3)driveway pavers (2)drain pipe installation (2)pressure washing (2)lawn & landscaping (2)fence company (2)excavating (2)outdoor kitchens (1)

10/27/2021

Lisa K.

Fantastic. They're dedicated to getting the job done right, no corners cut, and it looks great! They were all so friendly and professional. And, they gave me the best pricing by far. I'll definitely use them again in the future (I see a new driveway in my not so distant future).

Description of Work
They replaced my front porch

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 10/22/2021

09/24/2021

Nancy M.

We had moved into a new home last fall and wasn't in love with the patio area. We knew early on we would be tearing out a (as it turned out a deteriorating )composite deck and surrounding concrete. We had had several bids for this project and Ortmann was not the least expensive. We went with our gut feeling of how our first encounter went for an estimate. We liked presentation, their website and pictures of completed projects spoke volumes to us as other contractors' sites were not as sophisticated. They were always on time, very courteous, and said repeatedly they were grateful we hired them for this project. We replaced with a concrete patio that we had colorized and stamped with an Arizona Flagstone. We absolutely love our new outdoor living space!! We have so much more usable space now! We would absolutely recommend Ortmann Concrete for your next project! you will not be disappointed!!

Description of Work
replace backyard patio

Work Completed On 09/10/2021

09/13/2021

Marc C.

We were very satisfied with the job Ortman did. During the walk through, Doug saw an opportunity to reconfigure the design of the patio with the fire pit. It turned out better than we could have hoped for. The crew worked very hard during a week of heat advisory. They kept me in the loop with daily updates on the progress. I was very impressed.

Description of Work
Patio, retaining wall and firepit

Category concrete repair, landscaping, patios

Work Completed On 08/16/2021

09/09/2021

Christina D.

They treat you like family. 100% satisfaction is definitely guaranteed. The crew are hard workers very friendly and courteous and will go either way to make sure you are a satisfied customer.

Description of Work
Got my driveway done

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways

Work Completed On 08/02/2021

10/30/2020

Ryan W.

The Ortmann’s did a fantastic job on the new patio, from design through installation. They were responsive, on time, and efficient with their work, and I’m very pleased with the seamless slate stamped finish!

Description of Work
New Patio Installation

Work Completed On 10/12/2020

10/29/2020

Sara H.

Excellent service provided by OCI! They were professional, hard working, listened to my requests and kept me updated along the way. Would highly recommend! The patio turned out better than I had envisioned and really appreciate the extra care and detail they put into their work.

Description of Work
Concrete Patio

Category concrete repair, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 10/16/2020

Review for Ortmann Concrete Inc - 3590 Jeffco Blvd, Arnold, MO - 38987715

10/09/2020

Carlo D.

Beautifully! The crews were professional, courteous, and meticulous. They arrrived promptly each morning and worked diligently each day. The process was well orchestrated with the cement company to accomplish the work very efficiently. The final results were better than we imagined. We highly recommend OCI for any of your concrete work.

Description of Work
Replace driveway and expand it to a two car pad, replace porch and expand, new patio with retaining wall, new pad for tool shed, and retaining wall next to garage.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, patios

Work Completed On 09/28/2020

09/30/2020

Melinda R.

We were looking for countertops for our kitchen renovation. We decided to go with concrete countertops and are so happy we did! Ortmann was easy to work with and the custom, one-of-a-kind counter tops they created complete the look of the kitchen perfectly! We definitely recommend them and will use their services again.

Description of Work
Concrete Counter Tops

Category countertops

Work Completed On 09/19/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! It was a pleasure working with you. We are excited about the finished product, especially how the look all came together. ENJOY!

09/16/2020

Tim B.

We were looking to get a patio poured in the backyard for entertaining family and friends. I usually do the projects around the house on my own, but I lack experience in finishing concrete. Ortmann was very polite and informative about the type of finish we wanted on the patio, and quoted us a great price. While they were working, my kids and neighbor kids watch them pour and finish the patio from our deck. The workers and Ortmann interacted with the kids, answered questions and were very nice to the kids the whole time. The patio turned out great and we were very happy with the way the whole project went. I would recommend them to anyone wanting concrete work done. I don't usually do reviews on companies, but they were definitely above average and deserve a good review.

Description of Work
Backyard Patio

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 09/16/2020

Review for Ortmann Concrete Inc - 3590 Jeffco Blvd, Arnold, MO - 38879129

Mr. [Member Name Removed], It was a pleasure working with you on your patio. Thank you for your kind words.

10/30/2019

Traci L.

They were able to get our job done sooner than expected and did quality work on all of the projects. Doug and crew were easy to deal with. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Ortmann Concrete to anyone in need.

Description of Work
Contoured patio, extended driveway, footing for an addition and pad poured for shed.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, patios

Christopher B.

It went very well. Professional, on time, fair price. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Widen driveway and replace sidewalk with exposed aggregate.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways

Work Completed On 03/15/2019

Lynn H.

Beautiful work! Very professional company! Very considerate and answered any questions that I had. Would hire again!

Description of Work
Patio and sidewalk

Work Completed On 10/29/2019

Tim T.

Went really well. We love the layout and the finish on the concrete. Doug met with us to design the patio for us and we couldn’t be happier.

Description of Work
Installation of stamped patio

Work Completed On 11/01/2018

Review for Ortmann Concrete Inc - 3590 Jeffco Blvd, Arnold, MO - 38200890

EJ F.

We needed to get our driveway sealed. They were able to set me up with all the products I needed and explain exactly how it needed to be applied.

Description of Work
Sealing of driveway

Category concrete driveways

Work Completed On 10/01/2019

Bryon M.

Went well from start to finished Completed project as I asked them to do, completed it in the time frame I needed it done

Description of Work
Concrete building pad, walkways, driveway approach

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, pavers, gravel, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 10/29/2019

10/28/2019

Pat R.

They did a great job. It really makes a difference in preserving the concrete. I like the Seal Green product that they use which is safe for pets and plants.

Description of Work
Sealed 1045 SF of concrete driveway and sidewalk.

Category concrete driveways, pressure washing

Work Completed On 10/09/2019

07/05/2019

Shonda J.

Hands down one of the best, most customer centric companies I've ever dealt with! I'll recommend them to everyone I know and then some! Four years ago my husband called them for information on a shop and the requirements for the concrete floor he wanted to put in it when he decides to build it, Doug gave him excellent guidance and was extremely knowledgeable of regulations and requirements for it, he actually told my husband ways he could save money and do it for less than half of what it could have been, that blew us away! He could've easily told us otherwise and put a lot more money in his pocket, but he didn't, he chose to put the potential customer above the profit, that's why we remembered him all these years later even though my husband still hasn't built the shop yet. In late April 2019 we decided to use them to build a patio for us that is 14 ft by 65 ft. They came out and gave us a detailed bid and asked very in depth questions about what the patio would be used for in order to make sure it was perfect for our needs. The bid was very detailed and had excellent pricing, especially since there would need to be a lot of dirt work to get it level. I mean A LOT of dirt work. Due to all the rain that we've had this spring it took a little while for them to be able to get started through no fault of their own so it was June when they came out. Before they came out they had one call come out to ensure there were no utilities in the way. They arrived at our house on a Wednesday morning and today (Thursday) I have a patio. These guys arrived and the owner Doug accompanied them and made sure that everything we wanted was clearly understood and that his crew was well briefed. I'll get to my love and respect for his crew in a moment, immediately the crew started work and my horribly unlevel mud pit of a yard suddenly within about six hours became a level well defined area for my patio to be poured on today. I can't even begin to describe the machine like precision in which these guys work, it's surreal. Each and every person here was courteous and respectful, professional and extremely efficient at what they were doing. They were communicative when we would have questions or just curiosity about the process, and their customer service is off the chart. Not only did we get this patio for an unbelievably great price, but had they not been the lowest bid I would have still chosen them because of the exemplary service that they have given us from the word go, even before they started the project. They cleaned up every single thing and even did many extra things that wasn't something we were expecting but very much appreciated and didn't charge us a penny more! One of the best things is Doug himself even rolled up his sleeves and worked beside his crew! Now that is leadership right there. Now I want to give a special shout-out to each member of his crew as they really left an impression on my husband and I. Chris, James, Joe, Mike and Steve. You guys, WOW! You guys are amazing, seriously, you're all so sweet, so good at what you do, you work your tails off and are truly respected by us and appreciated. It's obvious that you guys are well respected by your employer and enjoy working with them. I could write you pages on the things I love about Ortmann concrete and their business, but I'll close with this, they have customers for life with us and I'll recommend them to everyone. Jenkins family, 2019 Hillsboro Missouri.

Description of Work
Custom concrete patio 14x64

Category concrete repair, excavators, pavers, gravel, stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 06/26/2019

12/15/2018

Donna H.

The work turned out beautifully. They worked around several requests and requirements I had which I appreciated. Since I didn’t get other bids, I don’t know whether they were competitive, but am sure of their quality. Recommend highly.

Description of Work
We had an old cement patio and bushes removed and a new patio poured. We also added a front walk with 3 steps.

Work Completed On 12/15/2018

10/30/2018

terry B.

The price they quoted was very fair as I have checked with other contractors they installed 5 inches of concrete where the other companies were only wanting to put in 4 Inches It was a large three car driveway with approach and they did a great job if I was looking for someone to do concrete work for me I would give them a call

Description of Work
Replace driveway

Category concrete driveways

Work Completed On 10/29/2018

Review for Ortmann Concrete Inc - 3590 Jeffco Blvd, Arnold, MO - 37517088

10/25/2018

Sandy V.

I was incredibly impressed with their responsiveness and the quality of their workmanship. They were also extremely helpful in creating a design that matched my vision of the remodel I am doing on my new office. I highly recommend this company for your concrete needs. They were very easy to work with and produce a top notch product!

Description of Work
New sidewalk and porch poured at my office.

Category concrete repair, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 08/16/2018

10/17/2018

Amy L.

This is an update on a previous poor review. I heard from the company with an estimate of the work I requested. They explained they were working hard to get back with me and had a very high volume of estimates to go through at the current time.

Description of Work
Estimate for patio

Category concrete repair, patios

Work Completed On 10/17/2018

05/25/2018

Bert S.

From the time you meet Doug Ortmann, you know you are dealing with someone that is detail oriented. They received a straight "A" rating from us for all the reasons listed on the report card (price, quality, responsiveness, etc.). The concrete work force knows what they're doing, and Doug always oversees the project and has hands on. The other huge plus is the knowledgeable office work force. They are a wealth of info about payments, schedules, getting answers etc. We were so impressed with Ortmann that we are having them install new steps, patio, walkway, and double driveway, on a rental property we own, a project we have been pushing off until now. We would highly recommend Ortmann and would suggest at least calling if you need cement work.

Description of Work
Old patio removed and replaced with a new pattern stamped concrete patio. Also, needed some existing steps and concrete pad stained and sealed.

Work Completed On 05/25/2018

Thank you Mr. And Mrs. [Member Name Removed] for your kind review. Concrete is our passion. We love working with educated clients, such as yourselves. We look forward to working with you on your next project. We appreciate You! Jacqui & Doug Ortmann

10/28/2017

Kelly D.

Very professional. Went above and beyond.

Description of Work
New driveway poured

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, driveway pavers