All State Companies, Inc.

Founded 2008 • With Angi since October 2011

All State Companies, Inc. specializes in landscaping, excavating and demolition such as boulder walls, retaining walls, dirt work, pool removal, home and garage demolitions, land clearing etc. We are a quality driven company that thrives to exceed our customers expectations while maintaining ethical practices in our industry. Our team of professionals work hard creating your home or business to stand out from the rest. We proudly serve Minnesota's twin cities and surrounding areas. Locally owned and operated....

Diversified Drainage

Diversified Drainage is a full service drainage company, providing solutions for ponding water, soft or saturated soil, excessive patio or deck post heaving due to freezing in winter, waterproofing foundations to stop water infiltration. There are usually 5-6 Employees working during the season including the 2 owners who have 30 plus years of combined experience in drainage solutions. The scope of our job size on the smaller scale is $1000.00 and up as we use mostly specialized equipment and trained employees our mobilization costs are at the least a few hundred dollars. We may sub-contract out services that others are better able to perform than us in some situations like patching asphalt, underground boring, and bolder landscape walls. All payments are due upon completion and generally will collect payment onsite. For special promotions and financing options ask your rep.

J’s Rain Drains

J's Rain Drains installs drain pipes (tile) from gutter down spouts and sump pump outlets to divert the water away from your homes foundation. We have the unique ability to bore under the sidewalk to install the tile. We never lift a section up. J's always uses a catch basin in our instillation so that the down spout will not blow out in the back from ice build-up. We also address water issues in other areas as well. We use golf course quality Rain Bird products to ensure the best results.

Vogelpohl Construction

Vogelpohl construction offers all types of work that can turn your home into your dream home, we are licensed and insured, have been in the construction business for almost 20 years take a look at the gallery and get some ideas!

10/04/2017

Excellent. Explained in the description.

Description of Work
Matt and his team did an excellent job with our house demo and landscaping project. We were impressed from the first phone call to All State Companies when Matt made it out to give a bid the next day. Most landscaping companies make you wait a week just for a bid. Matt is great at communicating, and he took care of the pile of paperwork required by the city and county for a house demo. We also had a number of on-site change requests which were graciously accommodated by their friendly crew. Last but not least, we appreciated how well they cleaned up the site and made sure we were satisfied with everything before presenting the final bill. We highly recommend All State Companies!

Category excavators,landscaping,lakefront landscaping,hardscaping

01/25/2016

Very professional. Not pushy when taking measurements for the bid. The work was completed in a timely manner and they did a quality job, not cutting corners. The workers didn't mind my son watching them.

Description of Work
Installed 33 feet by 4 feet Holland paver sidewalk. A different day installed a 670 square foot driveway 4 inches deep with rebar.

06/16/2015

All went well! Matt and his crew came when promised and came every day, worked all day excavating and demolishing our current project until the new job site was prepped and ready to be completed. Matt kept communicating during the job to make sure they were doing what we wanted. We are very happy with the job they did and would surely recommend them for other landscaping, excavating and demolition jobs in the future.

Description of Work
Remove rock and shrubs, put in new rock and paver sidewalk, sitting area and step.

Category excavators,landscaping,hardscaping,patios

11/21/2014

Matt, and his team, were excellent from day one. We were pleased with the suggestions, recommendations, and solutions provided. With our budget, Matt was capable of a lot more than others were offering. The work done was excellent, and any questions or concerns we had were answered immediately. Weather was an issue during our install, but Matt and his team worked through cold rain and high wind to get our job complete in the time quoted. We would recommend All State for any job, large or small.

Description of Work
Built a paver patio, with two sets of paver stairs, off of our existing raised patio.

Category landscaping,hardscaping,patios

08/07/2014

Seamless and painless. Matt, as well as his team, are highly professional and respectful. Matt was also quick to recommend practical solutions to our vision. We were made to feel like partners in the process. On the first day of installation/construction, Matt offered to build our retaining wall out of boulders rather than block as originally estimated. You'd think that sounds like a bait-and-switch, but Matt honored the quote. We even swapped out regular cement steps for some really quality looking, cool preformed steps at the quoted price. The final product is not only beautiful; but WAY nicer looking than our original plan. I highly recommend All State and will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced brick steps at front door. Replaced concrete sidewalk. Built/installed boulder retaining wall.

Category concrete repair,pavers, gravel,hardscaping

07/08/2014

Horrible, see my note above.

Description of Work
Provider came out to give us an estimate several months ago. All communication, I had to initiate. I have requested a refund. I bought this Feb 26 and was told yesterday my small patio has been postponed yet again. I feel the business owner Matt has put other jobs before mine which were paid for after mine in February. The owner, Matt, has blamed the weather. It is a small job and I purchased this in February.. Needless to say, there have been ample good weather days to get this job done.

Category hardscaping

Hi [member name removed], I'm sorry to read that you were unsatisfied and do not want to move forward on your project with us. However, you did not accept our revised estimate with the updated square footage and increased price until we met in late April and - at that time - I informed you that we would not be able to start your job until a month and half to two months out (weather pending). Weather is a key factor in the outdoor industry and - unfortunately - we are susceptible to it all year long. The month of June was a record breaking month for rainfall so we were forced to postpone a lot of our other jobs and could not complete as many as we wanted at the start of the season. Most of the jobs that were postponed were those that had been scheduled and paid late last fall but we were unable to start until spring so those jobs were first priority to complete along with other Angie's List customers who purchased the same program before you (some of which will not be completed until August as well). Again, I apologize that you were unsatisfied but I appreciate the opportunity to have worked with you and wish you luck on your project. Sincerely, Matt All State Companies, Inc

05/30/2014

Matt from All State Companies was courteous and good to work with, but we decided not to enlarge our patio.

Category landscaping

04/02/2014

Matt and his team did an excellent job installing the landscaping at our new home. We had a very challenging lot with drainage issues, and Matt did a great job working with our builder to make sure that we maintained the integrity of the finish grading. He was also very helpful in giving direction and guidance as we collaborated on the design. We had numerous changes throughout the project and he was always excellent at providing an updated quote so we knew where we were at for our budget. Overall, we were extremely pleased with the work that was done and have received numerous complements from our neighbors and friends in regard to the final product. We highly recommend Matt and his team, and will collaborate with him again on a couple additional projects we're planning.

Description of Work
Complete yard project including boulder walls, planting beds, sod, mulch, etc.

Category landscaping,mulch,hardscaping

03/05/2014

They were very prompt with a return phone call and making an appointment for a consultation.

02/11/2014

Matt and his crew are professional, punctual, easy going, flexible. This project started out to be 1/2 driveway -- and ended up doing almost all of my landscaping. He listened to what I wanted, gave me his professional opinion, and exceeded my expectations. I changed the plan several times, and they just rolled with it. I have four dogs, and they were very flexible with taking breaks so the dogs could have potty breaks. Neighbors have commented how much they LOVE the changes. Some even talked with Matt about doing work for them. Last year I expanded my project from $5k to $25k. I have already talked with Matt about some additional work in the spring. I LOVE this crew -- I would (and do) recommend them to friends and family. They do fabulous work and and competitively priced.

Description of Work
Cement driveway Cement sidewalk, with boulder steps Boulder wall both sides of steps Boulder wall across front yard Remove landscape rock, replace with 6 gardens (including fabric, mulch, plants) outlined with boulders matching the front Corner garden (boulders, mulch, fabric, plants) Pavers around fire pit

Category hardscaping

Specializing in pool demolitions, house demolitions, removal of concrete and asphalt. Excavating, dirt work, grading, hauling, site preparations. Boulder retaining walls and steps.

Lawn care, tree trimming, fertilizing, spring and fall clean ups, residential snow removal

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover