Homestead Remodeling & Consulting LLC

Founded 2001 • With Angi since September 2012

4.4

6053 Hudson Rd. Ste 340

Woodbury, MN 55125

We have been doing remodeling since 2001. We specialize in providing fair prices for high quality products ....

10/13/2019

Paul T.

I called homestead a couple of weeks ago for a quote. Made an appointment with an estimator named Rick. Based on a previous reviews I should've cancelled it or at least have someone else come out to do it. He cancelled the appointment an hour before he was supposed to come over. We reschedule for the next day, Friday. During the appointment I tell him what I want, that I wanted to do a 3 or 4 season over my existing deck and if it went over our budget that I'd like a roof over it instead. He proceeds to tell me about TEMO and I told him to just give me the quotes on what I requested. He was going to work on the quotes over the weekend and we agreed that he'd email the quotes back to me by Tuesday. Tuesday comes and still no email so I emailed him in the evening asking if they were done. He rudely replies saying he didn't say Tuesday but instead Wednesday. Wednesday comes and still nothing. I email back on Thursday and he says would like to come over on the weekend for me to look over the quote even though I asked him to email it. We scheduled the appointment for Saturday and he comes with a quote for only a TEMO system. He didn't give me any quotes for anything that I asked for. When I asked him if he at least had a quote for a roof he stated that I never asked him for such a thing. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? He tells me he'll give me the quote for a Pergola first thing Sunday morning and here we are, no email for a quote. To top it all off he looked so annoyed when he was giving me the quotes and when I was asking him questions. Poor communication doesn't even begin to describe the experience I've had dealing with him. Homestead you just lost out on a customer and have earned a negative review in the process. You have Rick to thank for that.

Description of Work
Wanted a quote for a 3 or 4 season room or roof over an existing deck.

Category decks,remodeling

09/11/2019

ELEDA D.

In a timely fashion, [end of June 2019] a Homestead agent came to our home to view the potential job. He was polite and professional. Months later, we have NEVER heard from him. He has not provided a quote nor contacted us to inform us what has caused the delay. This is no way to run a business - communication is vital. We are disappointed in Homestead's work ethic. We will not request their services again.

Description of Work
Remodel Bathroom and Breezeway

Category remodeling

05/20/2019

Robert C.

It went very well extremely professional crew. Very high attention to detail. I would hire them again for any home exterior projects we have.

Description of Work
Deck install and ceilings painted

Category decks,remodeling,interior painters

05/08/2019

Linda N.

Andrew, Tim, and Dave were always courteous and prompt. No calls went unanswered and unexpected problems were addressed. Due to weather and a couple of their suppliers sending the wrong amount or the wrong color of a product and one of the installers getting ill the project, which was supposed to take a couple weeks, took several months. This was frustrating to me as well as them, but not once did they shirk communicating with me. Tim was on his own much of the time (which included some nasty weather conditions) and Dave kept me in the loop as to scheduling etc. Andrew was available when needed. The three of them were professional at all times. We worked together and we are now enjoying our new porch. Despite some setbacks with this job, we intend to hire them for future projects and will recommend their services. Thanks guys!

Description of Work
Old three season porch removed and a new one installed.

Category decks,remodeling

07/25/2018

Bethany L.

The initial meeting went really well, and we decided to hire Homestead to redo the windows on our back porch, giving them a $1500 deposit at that time. After a couple weeks, of waiting for the contractor that would actually do the work to let us know what the final cost would be and when he would start, we were informed the cost would be almost double the original estimate we were given. There was more back and forth over another two week period, and we decided not to move forward with the work. We then waited for three months for Homestead to return our $1500 deposit, and only got that back after I contacted them about it. With all the delays on getting a final bid we also ended up outside of the 30-refund window and lost the $150 we paid for the original deal, since there is no way we would ever hire this company after the experience we had.

Description of Work
Window installation

Category remodeling,replacement windows

We have reviewed your file and noticed on your agreement that our representative clearly stated in line 2 of that agreement that there would be additional charges for any EPA required Lead Abatement and any additional structural work. Our project manager went to the job site and identified structural concerns. We informed you of these costs. Our records indicated that it was not until mid August of 16' that you were not able to afford the added costs for the proper structural repairs. On Oct. 13th we contacted you with alternate solution to install the windows. When we did not hear back from you we determined it would be best to refund your deposit and cancel the agreement. It is very unfortunate that Angie's List would not refund you for the purchase that you were never able to complete. I would communicate your dissatisfaction with the powers at be with Angie's List and demand your $150.00 return or see if you can use it as a credit elsewhere.

07/21/2017

Charlie R.

After 13 years of not doing anything to our Deck, we could not believe how GREAT it looks know. It looks brand new ! The work on the front door looks great too. Homestead Remodeling staff and crew were very Knowledgeable and Professional and did an Awesome Job. We will hire them again for future home projects.

Description of Work
Refinish Deck and Front Door Repairs.

Category decks,remodeling,doors

06/04/2017

Tammy N.

Horrible experience. Make sure you contact previous clients; I made the mistake of not doing it and paid the price. Owner Ken Burkhardt got nasty with me when I complained about poor quality of service and withholding payment until job was done to satisfaction.

Description of Work
Replaced windows and built deck

Category decks,remodeling,replacement windows

I am sorry you feel this way about the work we did on your home. I have certificate of completions, dated back in August of 2014, on your jobs that were signed by you. I had no idea that were upset. Thanks for taking the time to chat with me today about my offer for us to come out and service any of your concerns. The offer for our service still stands. I am astonished that you gave us an overall rating of an F since we completed the job roughly 2.5 years ago and you were happy when it was done. We have numerous previous clients that we encourage our potential new clients to chat with.

05/15/2017

Tony B.

Great - very punctual and professional - always keeping me abreast of any potential issues.

Description of Work
Remodel small bathroom including new shower, tile floor, toilet, and vanity.

Category remodeling

03/11/2017

Mary M.

I had some issues with them. Things got messed up because one of the people who came didn't put my order in. So it took a extra couple months before I could have it started. It was then right before Christmas. It was just difficult. It took 5 months to get it started, and it shouldn't have taken that long. According to them even. I thought the prices was a bit high, but I didn't get a lot of estimates. I looked at where they were from and what they were doing, but I could have been more diligent in my process. Once we got it all started it was good. I had some real good responses from people. I might consider them, but I would get more estimates. The last job I had done I had 4 estimates so that helped a lot.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel.

Category home remodeling

01/23/2017

Steven D.

I originally had rated Homestead Remodeling & Consulting LLC lower because of the delay in getting the attic insulation installed, and I wasn't sure that the job was complete. However, the crew at Homestead followed up with me and addressed all of my concerns. I will do business with them again. Communication and customer satisfaction are the most important thing to me.

Description of Work
Add additional insulation to the attic space.

Category insulation

Scherer Window & Door Consultants

Scherer Window and Door Consultants is a Marvin Authorized Installing Retailer specializing in the replacement of residential windows throughout the metro area. We are a division of Scherer Bros. Lumber company, a family-owned business since 1930. We focus on the sale and installation of all Marvin product lines: Marvin Signature, Elevate and Infinity from Marvin. Infinity from Marvin features low-maintenance fiberglass and is known for it's EverWood interior that reflects the beauty of wood, can be stained to match existing woodwork, yet will not rot or mold like wood can! We also sell and install Thermatru fiberglass doors to complement your window projects. We are the leader in promoting best practices in window installation. Our sales consultants are extremely knowledgeable regarding replacement windows and doors, for both insert and full replacement projects. Their focus is on determining priorities and retrofitting windows to blend in with existing architectural details. We also specialize in enlarging openings and creating new openings. Our installation crews are craftsmen, factory-trained by Marvin. Their attention to detail and on-site job cleanliness results in a highly satisfactory project experience. We offer competitive pricing and convenient EnerBank financing. We focus on solutions to fit your priorities and budget and work with all sizes of projects throughout the metro area. Our showroom is located in Hopkins . DBA: Scherer Brothers Lumber Co.

Quick Set, Inc.

Quick-Set Panels was established in St. Paul, Minnesota in 1981. Using classical technique, glass blocks were laid piece by piece with a brick layer. In 1987, Quick-Set Panels started laying glass block panels down and utilizing a quick-setting mortar. This method was used exclusively until 1999. In 1999, Quick-Set Panels started building glass block panels with silicone. Silicone creates a stronger and more durable window. From 1999 until 2001, Quick-Set Panels offered both silicone and mortar glass block windows. In 2001, silicone became the primary material used by Quick Set Panels. Quick-Set Panels offers a 15 year warranty on everything used to build custom glass block windows. The warranty covers the glass block, silicone, installation, and vents. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quick-Set-Panels-Corp/155376411165695

AmSpraypaint

Don't have time to paint the nursery before the baby arrives? We can paint it for you. Want to improve the appearance of your home before you put it on the market? Our crew can boost your curb appeal with a fresh coat of paint. If you're searching for local painting services in Saint Paul, MN, you've come to the right place. AM Spray Paint LLC offers first-rate interior and exterior painting services. You can trust our residential and commercial painters to make your walls and siding look like new.

BC653455
    Residential Building Contractor
    MN Dept. of Labor and Industries
    03/31/2020
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

2015 Super Service Award Winner! Windows, Wall insulation, Attic insulation, Siding, Roofing, Gutters, Remodeling, Additions, & Bathrooms.