Capital Siding Windows & Roofing

Founded 1987 • With Angi since March 2003

** #34 ** Different Time Angies List "Super Service Award Winners" in Roofing, Siding & Windows. A+ Rating BBB over 25 years with BBB (Better Business Bureau). 10% Angies List Discount up to $2,000. in Savings. 50 year Certified Roof Warranty. Locally owned & operated family business since 1987. We

2022 Super Service Award

siding companies (166)roofing (99)window replacement (91)door installation (27)skylight installation (4)gutter repair (43)decks & porches (9)awnings (9)house painting (6)deck cleaning (5)insulation (5)electrician (5)

09/19/2022

Debra C.

Capital Siding and Roofing responded promptly to assess damage and cover to mitigate further damage. The walked us patiently through claims process and the roof was completed within a month and ahalf during peak busy season. One of their experienced roofers customized making a low profile chimney cover to mitigate future leakage problems. The roofing team was professional. They protect landscaping and the roof is magnificent workmanship. This family owned business is reputable providing superior service.

Description of Work
Roofing was required after storm damage.

Category roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 07/22/2022

06/17/2022

Aimee G.

I am very pleased. They were very thorough and efficient. They went above and beyond to make sure we were satisfied. I would definitely use them again and recommend them to anyone needing work done.

Description of Work
Roof replacement and gutter screens

Category awnings, gutter repair, roofing, siding

Work Completed On 06/17/2022

06/07/2022

Wade H.

Had new siding and gutters installed. The entire process went very smooth. We were communicated with consistently, the labor crew were timely, efficient, friendly, and did excellent work. Great overall experience and we would highly recommend this company. It was a pleasure to do business with Jeff and Danny.

Description of Work
Vinyl siding and gutters

Category awnings, gutter repair, siding

Work Completed On 06/07/2022

04/05/2022

Chris S.

We used Capital to replace 6 windows in our house and the back door package. Jeff, Danny, and Sheila were all very communicative throughout the process. Bryan, the installer was so good at his job even the City of Minneapolis inspector said "I've done a lot of inspections for them; they do good work." All in all, the value was great, and we are so happy that our 120 year old house is a little less drafty! Note: before using them, I read a fair amount of the 1 star google reviews, and there were a lot of complaints about the time that things needed to wait. I obviously don't think this can be controlled by anyone at Capital. Again, they were up front that time frames were estimates and could change based on material availability and delivery schedule due to COVID. Nothing on their part.

Description of Work
Window and door replacement

Category replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 03/28/2022

02/24/2022

BRENT S.

Perfectly. Local company out of Woodbury. I would recommend.

Description of Work
Front Window

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 02/01/2022

01/18/2022

Molly W.

The overall project went very well!! All staff were very prompt and professional. The window ordering process went very smooth, although the windows took longer than expected but that was due to production and supply issues and not the fault of Capital Siding. They were very good at communication throughout the whole process and kept us updated on the status of the order. The window installation is great and we couldn't be happier with the final result. We will definitely use them again in the future if we have another need!

Description of Work
We had all of our windows replaced

Category siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 01/18/2022

01/06/2022

Steve B.

The project went very well. Jeff and Danny visited our house, provided the estimate and set realistic expectations on the work and delayed start due to manufacturer supply chain issues. They also communicated well throughout the project. Bryan, the window installer, was excellent and matched the existing intricate window trim perfectly. He was also very careful and cleaned up the work area at the end of each day.

Description of Work
Replacement windows and one section of replacement siding

Category awnings, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 11/01/2021

01/02/2022

Becca S.

We had 3 companies come out to bid our home exterior project. We are very happy we went with Capital to replace our roof, siding and windows. Jeff and Danny were great to work with. They took a lot of time with us at the initial meeting to answer all our questions and give us suggestions for our work. They kept us updated throughout the project as materials were delivered and when the different crews would be working on our house. The roofing crew was very efficient and hard working. Bryan the window installer was outstanding. We were very impressed with his high-quality work and attention to detail. John, Tony, and the rest of the siding crew were also fantastic. They made sure all our questions were answered as they were completing their work. Finally, we had stonework done on the front of the house and Troy, the mason, was great as well. We are thrilled with how the updates turned out! We would use Capital again and would recommend them to others!

Description of Work
replaced roof, gutters, siding, and windows

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 12/21/2021

12/07/2021

Martina D.

Capital Siding, Windows & Roofing are a great local family owned business. They go above and beyond to make sure your roof is installed with quality workmanship! We are so happy with working with this company we are having them install new porch windows as well.

Description of Work
New Roof installation

Category awnings, decks, roofing

Work Completed On 10/28/2021

12/05/2021

Susan C.

Capital Siding was excellent to work with. They didn't have the cheapest estimate on offer, and the other contractors I spoke to use similar quality supplies, but I went with Capital because during our initial consultation they asked me more questions and offered more information than the others and were very quick to respond to my follow up questions which gave me a lot of confidence in the choices I was making. They were also very clear about where things might not go so smoothly, such as the possibility of extra repair costs and delays in supply acquisition. Both of those, luckily, turned out to be not too big of a deal, but, at least I was prepared and they didn't make any false promises. That high level of communication continued during the job and I am very happy with the results of the work and would be glad to work with them in the future.

Description of Work
siding and doors

Category siding, doors

Work Completed On 10/01/2021

11/03/2021

James M.

These guys were great. Punctual. Top-notch work. Excellent attention to detail. I’ve hired too many people for too many jobs and so frequently I get shoddy work, they’re behind schedule, and it looks bad. Not with CSW. Top-notch and I would recommend them to anyone. I love these guys

Description of Work
Replaced kitchen window

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 10/25/2021

09/27/2021

KEITH K.

The estimate was very clear and based on an detailed inspection of the roof to be replaced. I decided not to proceed with the work, but I appreciate the professionalism.

Description of Work
Have a flat roof replaced

Work Completed On 08/30/2021

03/09/2021

Grant J.

Jeff(owner) and his team at Capital are some of the nicest, most responsive contractors I have worked with. They are easy to work with throughout the project and have always given me an honest and fair assessment of my situation or question. My first interaction with Jeff and his team goes back to 2008 and there is a reason I still keep a copy of their business card handy. Throughout the years they have come out to check for hail damage and do a roof assessment multiple times, replaced a roof due to hail damage, helped me with adding some gutters, and answered all my questions and concerns. Have you ever asked a roofing contractor come to your house to check for hail damage, and they tell you that they really didn't find any damage? If you have ever had to deal with any of those "storm chasing" contractors you might find this unbelievable, but that's what happened with Jeff's team. We eventually had them replace the roof due a separate subsequent storm with damage, but I really appreciated their honest feedback and perspective. Each time we have used them they have given a fair estimate, and come through with exactly what was promised for the project expectations, timeframe, and clean up. I'm not sure there is much more you can ask for from a contractor.

Description of Work
Roofing, Gutters, Hail Damage Inspections

Category awnings, gutter repair, roofing

03/07/2021

PC M.

Pros: We got quotes from 3 different companies and decided to go with Capitol Siding, the price was comparable we really liked Danny - who came and did the estimate. We also like it that they are a local family run business. It went well. Danny and Jeff are very nice and good with communication. They were happy to work with us after we determined the house needed new decking. We had to wait a little past when the thought they'd be able to do the roof because a delay in the roof they needed to finish before getting to us. Which we took to mean they did the job right and didn't rush to move on to the next thing. Also, we weren't in any rush so it didn't matter to us and they were good at communicating this to us. The roof looks good - no leak issues. They did a good job cleaning up the debris in the yard from the roofing job. Cons: > Someone in the crew were smoking on the roof, but when we brought it to Danny's attention it was dealt with right away and didn't happen again. > Although they did a good job picking up the yard, once the dumpster was moved we had to pick up all the nails that were left in the driveway. However, my guess is that if we'd have called someone would have come back and picked them up, but we wanted them picked up ASAP so there were no holes in tires. >They did leave a few supplies in the yard, they said they would get it and were very responsive with communication, but they kept forgetting to pick it up. We finally moved it to the side yard and they picked it up a few weeks after the job was finished.

Description of Work
New roof - tear off, new decking, replace.

Work Completed On 10/20/2020

02/11/2021

Colin P.

My house already had modern siding almost everywhere, but my enclosed porch did not. The guys at Capital Siding did a fantastic job of wrapping the exposed areas with aluminum siding. They made an effort to match existing colors as closely as possible, and the craftsmanship of installing it was superb, with lots of detail work. Incredibly pleased. It was more expensive than I had hoped, but consistent with other bids.

Description of Work
Aluminum Wrap Around Enclosed Porch

Category siding

Work Completed On 12/21/2020

01/22/2021

Alex E.

I’ve enjoyed working with Capital on a residing with vinyl, new soffit, new fascia, new window wrapping, and gutters of my home and garage. Jeff and Danny were very helpful during the estimate and pre-contract phase. We did have some schedule changes that were unexpected once the contract was signed, but they weren’t very disruptive. If schedule is critical to you then I would be very explicit upfront. Our crew was John and his team. He was great to work to have at the house, talking through things, and was helpful in providing insight into things that I was doing (like changing spigots). All their work was completed two months ago, which isn’t a lot of time for issues to develop, but so far everything looks great. John and his crew are really the reason to go with Capital.

Description of Work
Vinyl Reside, soffit, fascia, window and door wrap, gutters

Category awnings

Work Completed On 01/22/2021

01/12/2021

Carla P.

Hi- I can't express enough how wonderful Capital is. I am so happy with the team- Jeff, Danny and Brian they are like family and treated me like family. The whole process was so flawless and the 10 Window's could not be more beautiful and they are extremely high quality. Jeff and Danny have the most outstanding communication and kept me in the loop thru the whole process . Also Brian who installed them is top notch and a pure perfectionist. They all went so above and beyond and i am so grateful to of had them do this big project! I will be a repeat customer and have spread the word to anyone that can use their services. Take care and thank you so much! Carla

Description of Work
10 New Windows-

Category replacement windows, woodworking, sunrooms

Work Completed On 01/07/2021

Review for Capital Siding Windows & Roofing - 9673 Wynstone Dr, Woodbury, MN - 39128949

12/31/2020

Stuart A.

Capital did excellent work reworking the flat roof and nearby windows and shingled areas on our unique home in September-October 2020. Jeff and Azael were not only extremely helpful in assessing the pre-repair situation, recommending what should be done and preparing a detailed work plan and estimate for the project, but in executing the project rapidly with care and attention to detail. We are extremely happy with the new, re-sloped flat roof areas (including new metal trim and drains), the new clerestory windows, and the newly re-shingled mansard sections, which are a perfect match for the section we didn't need to replace. Everything looks GREAT and has performed flawlessly so far. We have already made plans to have Capital come back to take care of the rest of the roof when it needs replacing. Grateful to have found these folks! Would love to have posted photos of the finished work, but the CHOOSE FILE button didn't work for uploading them.

Description of Work
Remove, re-slope and replace several flat rubber roof areas, as well as re-shingle adjoining mansard and low-slope roofs and replacing a clerestory window. Challenging project on a home with unusual architecture.

Category contractors, roofing, replacement windows

Work Completed On 09/21/2020

10/16/2020

TOM S.

Excellent! This team knows their stuff. They obviously specialize in roofs, and are quick to point out issues, and make recommendations.

Description of Work
Roof Inspection

Category awnings, roofing

Work Completed On 04/08/2020

10/16/2020

David R.

This is the second project I have contracted with Capital. Our siding project in 2016 was perfect in every respect, resulting in our total satisfaction. Their crew of skilled craftsmen (tear off, repairs, installation and cleanup) was also very personable walking us thru the process, listening to our questions and keeping us informed. This is the major reason I decided to have Capital replace our roof this year. Again, it was performed without a hitch with another impressive crew that was meticulous in every respect and the result was our total satisfaction. Another amazing job! Thanks Capital!

Description of Work
New Roof Installed

Work Completed On 10/08/2020

09/04/2020

Amy B.

Wonderful work and service. Jeff is very knowledgeable and helped me with all aspects of the project. Excellent communication and is very easy to connect with via phone and e-mail. My new roof and gutters look great!

Description of Work
Replace roof and gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 08/20/2020

07/21/2020

Tim S.

Capital Window, Siding and Roofing helped in determining our home had defective shingles. They went out of their way to prepare and submit a claim to the manufacturer that included numerous pictures and shingle samples. Danny and Jeff were helpful in providing new shingle samples and references to help us with a new shingle style and color. During the re-roof, their team was always polite, respectful and hard working. They took pride in their work and delivered exceptional detail and quality work. At the end of each day, they ensured the job site was clear of any debris and nails. We were very pleased with the whole process from our initial contact with Capital thru job completion and highly recommend.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

03/25/2020

Linda S.

I am 100% pleased with the work done by Capital. John and Tony are great guys, easy going, very nice, and extremely capable. Thanks, Tim Ryan, for the great follow through from you and your team.

Description of Work
Whole house siding, soffits, fascia, gutters.

Category gutter repair, siding