Flooring Removal Inc

Founded 2002 • With Angi since September 2003

PO Box 427

Willernie, MN 55090

8 well trained, curteous employees. No subs. We will come to your home so you can show us what needs to be done and discus your expectations of us. You will receive from us a written exact cost proposal. Many jobs take only a day and therefore do not require a down payment. For jobs taking

01/07/2016

shane Z.

Very professional group of workers. Kept the dust out of our house and cleaned up everything very well.

Description of Work
Removed slate floor in basement

Category flooring contractor, moving companies

01/28/2015

John E.

Patrick reviewed a video I shared with him and then we discussed the project over the phone. He gave me a preliminary estimate on the phone and said that before the start of the job they'd give a fixed bid for the work. Fortunately, there was an opening in their schedule, so they were able to come out just a few days after I called. When Patrick's crew arrived we realized we hadn't factored for a few things and had to make some changes to the original scope of work. Patrick was graciously accommodating, even offering to pick up some plywood from a hardware store so that we'd have a temporary barrier in the bathroom once the old door was taken out. I can't stress enough how kind and accommodating Patrick and his crew were. They turned what could have been a horrible situation into one that exceeded our expectations. The crew spent about 90 minutes making preparations to ensure that our floors, walls, and doors wouldn't be damaged and that dust would be kept to a minimum. This included laying down felt with MDF on top of areas with tile or marble flooring. They also created a plastic wall through our bedroom so that dust wouldn't enter the rest of it. They even wrapped our front door! The crew worked all day and completed the job on time. My wife was busy with our two young kids, so they waited for me to get home from work to inspect the job and ensure we were satisfied before they left. Everything was just as they promised. It was as if angels had come down and magically removed everything. There was no dust or any sign of their being there. They were even able to remove tile that shared a tight corner with other smaller tile we wanted to keep...without damaging a single one. And to top it all off, the total came out to less than Patrick had estimated. I've worked with many contractors over the years and can say that none has ever worked harder to ensure we were happy with the work they did. I encourage everyone considering a demolition or removal project to use them.

Description of Work
Removal of about 200 sf of marble tile and sheetrock from shower.

Category ceramic tile, excavators, flooring contractor, hauling services

11/20/2014

Monique W.

Patrick came out the day after I called. He looked at the floor and told me I did not need to remove the adhesive before I put down new carpet. The adhesive is no longer tacky but I was afraid if we got water in the basement again, the adhesive might wick up through the new carpet. I cannot tell you how happy I was just to find someone who would even consider doing this sort of work but then to meet someone so honest about what needed to be done.was just amazing! Thank you Patrick for both your responsiveness and honest assessment of the work that was needed. I will refer this company to anyone I know and will use them if I have the need in the future.

Description of Work
I was looking for someone to remove old adhesive from my basement cement floor. I have talked to about 15 different firms before this one.

10/02/2014

Robert R.

Patrick and his crew are amazing to work with! We adjusted our scope of work twice and Patrick was wonderful and open to the changes made. The crew worked tirelessly for two days to jack hammer some of the worst flooring I've ever seen; this tile would only come up in tiny chips creating clouds of dust. The only downside on this job was that the dust containment failed. Realistically, dust will find its way everywhere! I've experienced enough demolition projects to know that. However, some things weren't sealed as well as they could have been. The terra cotta dust from the tile migrated throughout my home and has left me with a hefty cleaning project. All in all though, money well spent and I would not hesitate to recommend this company and will likely be using them in the near future for one, final bathroom gut job.

Description of Work
Flooring Removal, Inc. gutted a bathroom, removed 370 square feet of ceramic tile flooring and took down some old insulation in our basement.

Category ceramic tile, excavators, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling

06/13/2014

Barbara S.

Patrick worked with my schedule to come out and measure. He got back to me with his quote and work was scheduled for the next week. Nick and Ben arrived on the morning scheduled and were friendly, professional and got the job done. They cleaned the floor, swept up all the staples and left the place immaculate. I was very pleased.

Description of Work
Removed old carpeting from entire main level and stairs.

06/03/2014

Doreen W.

The guys arrived on time at 7:30 and immediately went to work pulling up the carpet, padding and tack strips. Then they removed the baseboards. Before starting work on the slate they erected the plastic barriers across the living room and kitchen entry. They worked hard getting the slate up, but after it was all done the barriers came down and it was clean as a whistle. They had to go out and buy plywood to install and even up the floor to match living room so I could have laminate flooring installed. It took them awhile to get the plywood at Menards which put them behind schedule a bit. But they did a wonderful job of installing it because it included a small closet. They worked hard and left no mess behind, took everything with them including a 3 X 5 rug and entryway rugs that I no longer needed which I appreciated. End time was 3:00. In my opinion the cost was excellent compared to the work that went into the removal. I would definitely use them again and would recommend them to anyone wanting tough flooring removal.

Description of Work
From living room/entrywayhallway removed carpeting, a 6 X 11 area of slate flooring including a closet, and baseboards, tack strips and padding. Also removed an iron railing and wooden post. They also evened up the floor from the slate removal to match the living room floor.

04/14/2014

Connie W.

It went okay, they were here right away. However, when they removed the tile they really gauged the sub flooring. Which resulted in the new flooring having to be torn out, because it started to dip in some of the deep gauges. I know that some of this can't be helped. But, I think if they would have taken it a bit slower, they wouldn't have damaged so much of the sub floor.

Description of Work
Removed kitchen flooring

02/27/2014

Stacy S.

From the minute I called Patrick, I was impressed with his professionalism. He came out and gave me an estimate for the job. He was on time and gave a very fair bid. We scheduled to have the flooring removed at a later date. His crew arrived as anticipated and on-time. They were nice and efficient. I really could not have been more pleased with the bid, the service and the quality job done. I will use Patrick for future projects and I am so happy I found his company through Angie's list! I definitely recommend his company! Thanks Patrick for a job well done!

Description of Work
Removed old kitchen flooring.

01/09/2014

Jill C.

Patrick was VERY professional and friendly. Without a doubt, I trusted his opinion and bid. His team lead called to say they would be a half hour late and the finished the job in about 4 hours. The three gentleman were very friendly and pointed out a few surprise that they found under the floor of our newly purchased house--not good surprises. May not have known about the issues otherwise. Hire Patrick and his team--you won't be disappointed. One other thing...I did not find Patrick through Angie's List but am writing this review nonetheless.

Description of Work
removed tile floor down to floor joists

11/20/2013

Kimberley D.

It started with me emailing Patrick and less than 2 hours later he called me! I was shocked honestly at the response time. He is one of the nicest contractors I've ever met and talked with. Friendly, personable and very honest. We set up a time to meet which was within a couple days of our conversation. Which again, shocked at the response time for a contractor to come out so quickly! We talked about the removal of the carpet and then he asked what I planned to do with the rest of the room. I have old 1970's paneling on the walls and told him I'd really like that gone but I have to find someone to help me out with it. He then told me he did that as well! I told him DONE! We settled on a date and time for the project to start. I received insurance documents from his company and quotes/pricing for everything right up front before the project started. He even broke it down for me in case I wanted to do my basement in stages for cost purposes. They showed up on time when they promised. He had a meeting with his crew and a check list of everything that needed to be done daily. The project took 2 days as he said. The areas of my house were taped off so no dust or mess went anywhere else and the clean up looked immaculate! I can't tell you how happy I am with how everything turned out. My son told me when I got home from work how professional they were and how impressed he was with them while he was home during the entire time. I would use Patrick's company again and highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Needed carpet removed from my basement. It was glued on top of laminate and it was very old.

Category flooring contractor

Thank you (member name removed) very much, it was a privilege to serve you. We are nothing without you our customer. As our warranty states "Payment due upon satisfactory completion". Work by other trades people cannot start until our work is completed properly. That is why we conduct a walk-through inspection to insure that you are completely satisfied prior to accepting payment. Thank you, Patrick David, President

11/01/2013

Chris B.

We hired them as they were recommended to us. They are outstanding! Their costs were very reasonable. We worked closely with owner. He did what he could to meet the scheduled requirements and exceeded the expectations.

Description of Work
They removed carpet and padding throughout the entire house. They also prepared the floor for new carpeting to be laid.

10/31/2013

Brenda G.

Excellent job. Coordinated with carpet installer. Crew was rigth on time and very professional. Smooth as clockwork.

Description of Work
Removed existing carpet and pad (and damaged tack strip, nails and staples) and prepared flooring for installation of new carpet and pad.

09/02/2013

Amber L.

Patrick David came out and gave us a quote. He was very thorough and explained everything in detail so there would not be any surprises. He was easy to get a hold of and kept in contact with us. The team did a good job of keeping the mess to a minimum. We had a ton of tile that needed to be removed and it was a big job. He came back and we went through every room. He spotted two things that were missed and came back the next day to remedy the situation. Over all it was a great experience and we would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They removed carpeting, wood, and tile flooring.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

07/08/2013

Mark F.

Patrick came out, and took measurements, and sent me a quote. It was higher then I had hoped, but I didn't have any indication that it was out of line with what it should be, so I went with it. My best advice to anyone with a glue down floor is to stop and figure out how you will get the adhesive off, and if you can't, just stop and call Patrick to do the whole job, before you break your back taking up the floor. When he was done the floor was flat and smooth. Still some residue left over, which is acceptable for the type of flooring I was planning to install. Overall Patrick was a great experience in what has turned out to be a exhausting flooring project. Thanks you!

Description of Work
Removed leftover adhesive after we removed a glue-down wood floor from a concrete sub floor in a condo.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

05/06/2013

Daniel C.

Patrick was prompt, courteous, thorough, and reassuring. We thought we'd just be able to rip out the tile ourselves and never knew about concrete being used as a base for tile. Our hardwood floor contractor recommended Patrick, and we are grateful. When the day came to remove the floor his crew (Ken and Nick) arrived on time, were friendly, and walked through the project with us before getting to work. When I came home the job was done thoroughly and the place was clean. They really left no trace of being there debris and dust wise. Well done! We'd definitely recommend Patrick, Ken, and Nick. Thanks guys!

Description of Work
We had tile and a 1" layer of concrete underneath the tile removed all the way to the sub floor in our kitchen in preparation for installing a hardwood floor.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Thank you! We are great full for your business and and y,our appreciation for the hard work Ken and Nick performed. Patrick David.

03/31/2013

Douglas P.

The team was just great. Patrick is very well organized and gave me a through and competitively priced bid. I scheduled the work about three weeks out, and his team showed up promptly at 7:30 on the scheduled date, just as promised. They were very neat -- spent a great deal prepping to control dust and left the house cleaner than they found it! They were also very careful to confirm that they understood exactly what I wanted and asked questions to confirm if they had any question. Quality team, quality job, highly recommended!!

Description of Work
Patrick's team demolished a basement bathroom in my house and removed all debris.

Category hauling services, basement remodeling

03/06/2013

Lindsay B.

They were scheduled to remove those layers of flooring, the day after the May 2011 North Mpls Tornado hit my home. We had serious damage, so I called to reschedule. They were incredibly concerned and flexible. When I was finally able to get them into the house to do the work, they had to work around my friends who were living there, as well as my contractor who was trying to repair the home ASAP. I couldn't have asked for a nicer, more responsible company.

Description of Work
My kitchen floor had 6-7 layers of flooring laid on top of the original hardwood. Flooring Removal Inc moved the appliances out and removed all of the layers of flooring. Leaving the hardwood exposed and ready to refinish.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, home remodeling

12/13/2012

DUANE & JEAN B.

The service was fantastic overall! They’re trustworthy, dependable, and I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
They moved some furniture.

Category moving companies

12/13/2012

Michael S.

Overall, the experience was good. The technician was very friendly, but he told me they would not be able do anything and that vinyl flooring would be a better option.

Description of Work
I called them to find out about leveling a kitchen floor. I ultimately wanted to install laminate flooring.

12/11/2012

Mary R.

Patrick and his guys did an excellent job! They did everything I had hoped for and they were courteous, neat and total professionals.

Description of Work
Total demo/gut main floor bedrooms and upstairs attic in preparation for new construction. Demo included removing plaster and lathe, insulation and Sheetrock.

Category flooring contractor, remodeling

11/20/2012

FRANCES S.

Reliable in setting up appointment, arrived on time. He did a good job & cleanup. He had a helper, so work was done quickly. I would recommend to others.

Description of Work
Removed glued down vinyl floor in 100 sq ft kitchen

06/20/2012

TEDDY M.

thought we could refinish floor in kitchen but there were so many nails in the floor that we had to go to plan B and in stall a new floor.

Description of Work
removed carpet from hallway, livingroom and kitchen. refinished hardwood floors in hall and livingroom. Installed new vinyl floor in kitchen.

04/24/2012

Jonathan K.

Patrick, the owner came out to give me a bid on this project. He was great. He measured the room, and he listened while I talked about getting hardwood floors installed in the area (after they do the prep work). He reassured me that they do a very careful job of covering everything to limit dust and debris. He called me back and suggested that we remove some of the tile under the refrigerator so we understand what we are dealing with. We went ahead and did that. He was surprised by all the layers under the tile and the abundance of nails used to hold the vinyl attached to the wood floors underneath. He provided me with a bid to do the work, including the removal and hook up of appliances. After I accepted, he put a lock box on the door so I could leave a key with them, since we were going to be out of town on vacation. He also agreed to coordinate with the floor installer. Patrick gave me a specific date that they would start and they started and finished on time. Ptrick and I were in touch several times while we were on vacation. He aknowledged that the removal was a lot more difficult than they had anticipated When we returned home from vacation I walked into a house and it had no heat or hot water. I called Patrick and asked him what had happened. He said he'd call his team and find out. He called me right back and said that they could not determine which gas shutoff was for the stove (even though it should be obvious to anyone looking at the lines for more than 60 seconds) so he shut off all three lines which stopped my boiler and furnace. I had to start those up myself because he said he wouldn't come out until the next morning and it was very cold in the house. To Patrick's credit, he did stay on the phone to help me get it started. I went downstairs to the laundry room and noticed that everything was covered in soot fromn the unfinished laundry room ceiling below the flooring removal project. They had either never covered the ceiling to catch debris or removed it too soon. I called Patrick and he sent out his crew to clean the entire laundry room of debris. On Friday, to coordinate with the floor installer's schedule, they reinstalled the appliances. They did an excellent job of keeping the floor from getting scratched. Over the weekend, we noticed a couple of things: 1) Some of the items in our freezer had been thawed and refrozen, and 2) Some of the walls had nicks in them. I had brand new drywall installed a week earlier and I had to repair it and repaint. I informed Patrick and was told that they didn't notice for 3 hours that the outlet they had plugged into had been blown (although it was probably more than 3 hours). They did a very good job on the floor removal. They finished when they said they would and it coordinated well with my floor installer. However, I cannot give them all A's, as much as I would like to, because these other things were really a pain to deal with.

Description of Work
Removed 325 SQ Ft of Tile floor along with the underlayment and linoleum beneath it, and installed 1/4 inch plywood. Also moved the appliances (i.e gas stove, refrigerator) out of the kitchen area and placed them in the living room in preparation for another company to install wood flooring. Afterwards, they reinstalled the appliances.

Category flooring contractor

I apprciate this customer's report and overall vote of confidence. This job did present nay challenges and my crew could have and should have been more diligent and carefull.

04/21/2012

Karen K.

I've used Flooring Removal twice now over the years to pull up old carpeting. This time I called on an impulse and Patrick was able to make time for me right away. Everything in my crowded small home office was shifted around, including a very heavy bookcase. They did an excellent job and I really appreciated how fast they could come out. I will absolutely use Flooring Removal, Inc. again when the time comes.

Description of Work
Removal of carpet, pad, staples, and tack strip from my small home office (about 10' x 12').

04/16/2012

SARAH R.

WOW!! What a great job! I bought the Big Deal through Patrick and I am "floored" - pun intended - by his crew's work. They did a great job of getting my kitchen floor taken up and then cleaned up everything. Patrick was so wonderful in letting me use my Big Deal years after I originally bought it. This was due to some family health issues. He was kind and very responsive. Patrick then suggested Cunningham Tile to install my sub floor and tile. Again, Ian Cunningham did a spectacular job!! He took his time in making sure that everything was perfect. I have to say that I am a perfectionist and I could not see one thing that was out of order. I am soooo happy with the team of Patrick and Ian. BRAVO!!! I would highly suggest both of them!

Description of Work
Kitchen floor removal and referral for tile installation.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, home remodeling

Bateman's Dirt Works

3rd Generation Flooring LLC

We are a family owned and operated hardwood flooring company who has been satisfying customers since 1977. Our family has been doing hardwood flooring for over 70 years now, and strive for excellence in all of our products. We specialize in custom stains as well as dark stains like Ebony, Greys, and True Black. From solid hardwoods, prefished, LVP, or laminates, we use all of our old school knowledge with modern techniques, and new technology to make the process as easy as possible for you the home owner. Once we are all finished with your floors our clean team comes in, and makes sure your home looks beautiful before we leave. NO subs, everyone works for the Perry's Hardwood family! Dustless sanding also available. We can help with furniture moving, but will discuss prior. We do not do carpet or tile.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Metro Floors

Kitchen and Bath Remodeling. Ceramic Tile. Luxury Vinyl Tile. Granite and Quartz Counter Tops. Custom Showers. Hardwood. Carpet. Laminate. Engineered Flooring. Custom Cabinets. Trim work. Painting. Other Services.

Offers Coupon

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover
    Satisfaction

All INTERIOR DEMOLITIONS: Flooring removal, linoleum, ceramic tile, vinyl tile, hardwood, carpet, slate, marble, stone, particle board & plywood underlayments. Demolition of kitchens and baths for remodeling. Demolitions in kitchens, bathrooms, cabinets, countertops, showers, bathtubs, fixtures, appliances, ceramic wall tile, sheet rock, ceilings and soffits. Dust control, protection of adjacent surfaces an disposal included. Smaller jobs we haul debris. Larger jobs, our dumpster or yours.

General hauling and moving