Prescription Heating and Cooling

Founded 2007 • With Angi since October 2008

1803 Buerkle Rd Suite 103

White Bear Lake, MN 55110

Minnesota Mechanical Bond #MB004442. North American Technician Excellence Certified (NATE). Member of Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA). After hours emergency service is available. Customer satisfaction is our number one goal....

01/02/2019

Ian Y.

I talked to Mike in the midst of a very bad evening scrambling to fix a broken boiler. Turns out we aren't in their service area, but even after determining that, he still talked me through the problem and offered some advice that set me on the right track to solving the issue. It was the most knowledgeable and useful advice I received all day, and this was a day where I talked to literally 15 different heating contractors. It's a real bummer that we aren't in their service area, because I would not hesitate to call Prescription with my heating/cooling needs in the future.

Description of Work
Boiler repair

09/29/2016

Kristina H.

Mike is our hero! We have used him for all of our HVAC issues for over 5 years (and 3 different AC/Heating systems)! I can't shout my praises loud enough! He has always been fair and honest - telling us things like "It's an older system, but it's still working and you don't need to replace it". He could have easily made us believe we needed a new furnace, but instead fixed our old furnace, at a reasonable price, and left us happy and warm! Just recently our A/C went out on a Saturday (during a very warm streak), and I called him thinking he might be able to come out on Monday. To my surprise and delight, he was at my house within 45 minutes, had the problem fixed quickly, and we paid a considerable amount less than I thought we were going to have to fork over, to get things fixed! He has my business and trust and I would never consider calling anyone else with my HVAC needs!! We LOVE Mike ( and I promise, we didn't have any affiliation with him before he looked at the furnace at our old house)!

Description of Work
Mike has looked at & repaired a furnace for us, inspected 2 HVAC systems in a property we were looking to purchase, installed a new furnace system (including impossible to reach duct work), repaired our AC, and in general he has been a godsend to us for all things HVAC related!!!

10/30/2015

Earl B.

Since moving to MN, I have found services to be pretty unreliable and inconsistent with all sorts of businesses..... Having said that, I have used Mike on four different occasions. By far - he is the most reliable person I have met in MN. He is prompt with communication, honest with the work that needs to be done, reasonable with pricing and does not try and sell you something you don't need. When he says I'll be there at 8am - he's there. He explains everything and makes sure your experience with him is a positive one. He has earned my business and my trust hands down. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Replaced Furnace and repair leak.

07/26/2015

Joanne G.

All went well. With the latest heat wave with high humidity, it was good to know I didn't need to replace my 13-year old A/C.

Description of Work
Mike got our air conditioner working again. He quickly diagnosed the problem & replaced the bad capacitor. He made helpful suggestions regarding our furnace and humidifier. My air exchange unit has quit working. This fall I intend to involve Mike in its repair.

01/09/2015

DALE C.

I spoke with Mike Daine from Prescription Heating by phone today to obtain an estimate on a replacement boiler for our home. Within the first minute of our conversation, he asked what city we live in. For installing new boilers (not for repairs), he needs to be licensed in the city in which we live. He promptly found out that we live in St Paul; a city that he is not licensed to install new boilers in. Instead of ending the call after he found out that he could not sell us a boiler, he continued to speak with me for about 15 to 20 additional minutes. He told when what brand of boilers were good brands to buy and why, he told me when was the best time of year to replace a boiler (We don't need to replace ours immediately... so we're flexible), clarified why we're replacing the boiler and if it is necessary to do so, etc. It was very encouraging to me that Mike would be willing to share his knowledge and experience with me even though he wouldn't be able to sell a new boiler to me. I am writing this review so that other potential customers might consider using him (so that a small, very customer friendly business can continue to exist). There's a reason why this business is rated so highly.

Description of Work
Contacted to obtain an estimate for replacing the aging boiler (heater) in our residence.

12/31/2014

Mike S.

Mike was professional and very helpful in explaining things I should do to maintain the boiler and improving the heating overall.

Description of Work
The cost is low because the service was covered by a home warranty. Mike came out to see why my boiler lost pressure. He spent a good amount of time checking over the boiler, cleaning up things, etc., but could not determine the cause. When it occurred a second time about 10 days later he came out right away and resolved the problem, a small leak.

05/29/2014

Tracie T.

He was on time, it went very well. I was very pleased with the job and the professionalism. I have not had any issues a month later. He was little more expensive then one of the bids, he came in the middle of the pack. But I picked him because he went over everything in the estimate and was very clear on why I should go with the different options.

Description of Work
He installed a new 96% efficient furnace.

02/21/2014

Pamela R.

He is the most polite, careful and thorough repair person we've ever encountered. He ALWAYS explains and shows why and what is needed patiently and carefully. He often suggests things that we could do ourselves to make systems work better and save on repair biills. He is immaculate in his work, and always timely. We would give him the highest reference possible..

Description of Work
Mike has helped us many times over the past three years with furnace and ac issues at two propterties.

10/12/2013

Gordon W.

I have used Prescription Heating in the past and everything went well, as expected. I called Mike and we worked out a time for the visit. He was on time and performed the furnace check up. He explained what was going to happen and provided me with a check list detailing the work performed. Mike is thorough and professional. He is also NATE certified.

Description of Work
Mike provided a furnace check up.

10/07/2013

WILLIAM H.

Mike and his assistant were very professional and went above and beyond the call of duty (through spider webs, skunk poop, rat poop, etc.) to get the job done. We got a number of quotes, per Mike's own suggestion, but hands down he was the best choice in terms of price and quality of the work he did! We used his service at our old house and really liked him and he has proven time and again that he is trustworthy and wants to have long term customers and not just make a quick buck. He has made sound recommendations that weren't always in his favor (in terms of him making a quick profit), because he truly wants life-long customers. At our old house he could have told us we needed a new furnace, but he was honest and let us know that it was still in good shape and didn't need replacing despite the fact that it was getting on in years. For our recent service, the other quotes we received all recommended a much more expensive furnace, but Mike was able to explain why those would have been more power than we needed for the space we needed it to cover, and therefore a higher expense than we needed to spend. He has been nothing but kind and professional and has always taken the time to simply and clearly answer all of our questions and help educate us on our heating/cooling systems.

Description of Work
MIke not only replaced our water heater and furnace, but he had to excavate through a 100+ year old foundation to do so.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

Water Heaters Now, Inc.

Water Heaters Now! WHN WE SPECIALIZE IN REPLACING WATER HEATERS THE SAME DAY WHILE REPAIRING WHENEVER POSSIBLE. WHN offers Made in USA Bradford White but deals in all major brands of tank style water heaters. We are also a Rinnai TANKLESS dealer. WHN is locally owned and operated. WHN has been in the water heater repair and replacement business for over 10 years. We offer free estimates usually within 15 minutes. If you order by 2 PM, your water heater will be replaced the same day. WHN has a better than average warranty of 3 years on labor and 6 years Tank and parts when compared to industry standard 1 year parts and labor. Call, text, or email for a free quote within 15 minutes.

St Paul Pipeworks

Better, cleaner, faster at St Paul Pipeworks, we promise great service, timely attention to your needs, work that fits your schedule, protecting your property from a plumbing mess, up front pricing, excellent workmanship, AND our smiling faces at your door. We are a full service plumbing contractor with experience to help solve your problems and make the improvements you are looking for home improvements. Serving the St Paul Metro area with on-the-spot expertise for all your plumbing needs. Most plumbing repairs can be done the same day you call. BETTER - Large project or small, our plumbers know how to listen and answer your questions. They work hard to address all of your plumbing concerns. CLEANER - Tidy, timely and courteous, we take pride in keeping it clean. Our plumbers come equipped to fully protect your home and property - throughout the process. FASTER - With our well-stocked service trucks, we can tackle almost every project without ordering parts. Plumbing problems can't wait. And neither should you. 1. 24 hour emergency service 2. Full service plumbing professionals 3. Plumbers offering unparalleled service & expertise. Complete plumbing services include 1. Kitchen or Bath Remodels 2. Water Heating Systems 3. Increase Water Pressure 4. Toilets, Sinks, Showers and Bathtubs 5. Faucets for Kitchen, Baths, Laundry or Lawn 6. Garbage Disposal Repair or Replacement 7. Pipe Repair or Replacement 8. Back Flow Prevention 9. Drain and Sewer Cleaning 10. Whole House Inspection We can help you with any plumbing problem or questions you may have. For instance: 1. When to repair and when to replace? 2. Which products have the longest lifespan? 3. What upgrades can you make to improve the value of your home? 4. If you are wondering about any of these common questions, or have other plumbing concerns, just ask one of our expert plumbers for the answers. At St. Paul Pipeworks we specialize in full service plumbing.

PLUMB RIGHT

Plumb Right- 763-561-3306 is a family owned and operated full-service plumbing company working in the Twin City Metro area since 1988. Winner of the North Dakota/Minnesota Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Ethics 2015-2016. We are committed to providing the best plumbing service at a fair and competitive price and dealing honestly and fairly with our customers. Plumb Right uses a straight forward pricing system with options so our customers always know what the exact price is before any work begins. We offer convenient two-hour appointment windows and answer our phones 24/7 so we are always available if you need us for an emergency. We offer Saturday appointments at Mon-Friday rates. we offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. We offer two-year warranties on all parts furnished by Plumb Right and all labor performed by our technicians on new installations. All our employees are drug tested, background checked and professionally trained. We understand our responsibility to the environment and our community. Our customers have the opportunity to join our membership club that gives you a discount on all services. Fully licensed by the State of Minnesota and carry local city licenses including Minneapolis and St. Paul.

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
    MB004442
    Minnesota
    Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry
    01/01/2024
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

Prescription Heating and Cooling LLC services all makes and models of furnaces, boilers, water heaters, humidifiers, roof top units, garage heaters, gas fireplaces, heat pumps, air conditioning, ventilation, and air filtration systems. We represent Luxaire, Honeywell, Aprilaire, Ultravation, Fantech, Weil-McLain, and Rheem Water Heaters to name just a few of the manufacturers of high quality, high efficient heating, cooling, and air quality systems on the market today.

We do not service wood burning appliances or chimney systems, but we will service gas log sets. Free estimates are for new equipment installations only.