Drew Gardner Concrete & Waterproofing

Founded 2011 • With Angi since February 2013

1634 Breda Ave

St. Paul, MN 55403

We are a 3rd generation company proudly serving the Twin Cities area since 1949. We are dedicated to providing top notch service and guarantee all work. Our crew is cross trained in a variety of concrete applications as to provide you with a best finished product. Our crew works for you, and they love exceeding expectations. Our waterproofing techniques are second to none. Waterproofing is the easiest way to protect your home. Water intrusion needs to be addressed quickly to avoid developing future problems, like mold. Our drain tile and pump systems have been time tested to keep your basement dry. We offer 24-hour emergency service for those really wet days.We use only the highest quality materials to ensure your concrete investment will have unmatched appearance, strength, and durability. It is our quality service which has made Gardner a trusted name in concrete since 1949. Thank you for visiting our webpage and we hope to provide you with a FREE ESTIMATE! Additional services: Foundation Crack Repair, Chimney Repair, Brick Veneer, Tuckpointing, Rebuilding, Stone, Steps, Fireplaces, Basement Foundation Repair, Patios, Stucco, Water Damage Repair, Water Proofing, Alteration, Color Matching Specialists & Paint Rem...

09/13/2018

Mary R.

Maybe they do amazing work, I have no idea. I called 3 times over the course of 2 weeks and submitted requests for estimates twice. I spoke with someone 2 or 3 times on the phone and each time I was either told to go submit a request on the website or that he remembered my note and would go find it and email me with a time to set up an appointment asap. It never went any farther than that. If you are too busy or have other things going on and can't respond, that's totally understandable but please just say so so I don't waste my time. I'm rating a C b/c I'm going on the assumption that SOMETHING was going on that would legitimately explain this otherwise inexcusable behavior.

Description of Work
Basement foundation leak investigated and repaired

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, foundation repair

07/05/2017

MARK R.

Gardner bid the job, accurate measurements were taken in my presence, and we received our estimate on May 22. We accepted the proposal. We were told twice that there would be "no added costs." Work was to be done within 3-4 weeks, but was finally scheduled for July 6/7. The owner came over on July 5 and told us the job was not priced correctly and would cost more. Additionally, he wanted to do a completely different drain tile solution which would involve the exterior of the property, including removal of extensive professional landscaping. I respectfully informed the owner we would only proceed with the original proposal at the price originally quoted. He apologized with a "you are putting me in a hard place," but refused to honor the proposal. I had two other bids for the same job, and their quotes were within 5% of Gardners.

Description of Work
Basement drainage system: interior perimeter trench, pvc drain pipe, sump pump, etc.

Category basement waterproofing, wells

06/22/2017

John K.

It was a pretty frustrating experience. First I was told by someone who came over that I could solve the problem by drilling in the window to ensure that the water went directly into the draintile system I was having installed. Then, I got an e-mail from a guy who hadn't seen my place and said that I didn't need to do anything and that the drain tile would fix it. I sent him a video and all of the water coming into the basement and then he said the entire house was going to have to be dug out. He gave me a 6,500 quote and never came in the house. I tried to explain to him that I had gone through **** with this house and really needed some good advice, and that message never seemed to reach him. He was late on getting back to me, and then late to give me a quote. Overall it was a pretty terrible experience.

Description of Work
I called for a problem for help with water intrusion coming into my basement.

05/02/2017

James S.

Even though the job cost increased when we learned about our yard, it was the right thing to do for the house. Drew diagnosed that the yard on either side of our house needed to be graded in order to protect the bracing work that was done inside. They were fast, efficient, courteous, on time and easily one of the tightest run ships I have worked with. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
We had horizontal cracks running through every wall of our 1916 basement. We had them stabilized with Stabl-Wall carbon fiber bracing. The yard was not properly graded. We had 2 drain fields installed in our front yard, fed by a drain tile system on both sides of our house.

Category drain pipe, foundation repair, hardscaping

03/23/2017

Todd M.

Drew promptly came and was real knowledgeable and friendly. He failed to submit a quote as requested, however. I called Natural Stonescapes, and they did a helluva job for a good price.

Description of Work
I needed a new sidewalk for the side of the house as well as drain tile.

Category concrete repair

08/22/2016

mark M.

I had several estimates. Drew was at the higher end of the estimates i received. The reason I went with Drew is because in my conversations with him, we also discussed a drainage problem I was having. He was the only person I spoke to that supplied a good solution to my drainage issues. When I asked him to meet me at the average of the other estimates I had received, he agreed.

Description of Work
Drew and his crew installed my back sidewalk and a couple stairs from my back deck and installed a drainage field

Category concrete repair, hardscaping

07/18/2016

CHAD D.

It went very well! They were on time, the price was very competitive, and they did excellent work.

Description of Work
resurface my foundation

Category concrete repair

07/16/2016

Sue L.

Drew did a phenomenal job. Not only did he fix the issue at hand but he created a thing of beauty. He explained all things in detail. Communication throughout the entire process could not have been better. I am not the easiest consumer and he far exceeded any and all of my expectations.

Description of Work
Foundation patching and patio installation

Category concrete repair, landscaping, basement waterproofing, foundation repair, hardscaping

06/08/2016

Scott M.

We are very happy with the results of the exterior waterproofing Drew and his crew performed. Drew was the only contractor willing to try to accomplish the waterproofing task by preventing the water intrusion rather than dealing with the water once it was inside the foundation. They removed a 12" by 20 ft section of concrete driveway along the house, excavated a trench to the front yard and installed a "french" style drain along with rock and plastic lining. They also regraded along the front of the house using the same method and connected to the drain line. The entire thing terminates in a rock filled underground pit. It has been eight months since the work was completed and there has been no water intrusion from the fall through the spring. The entire crew was very professional. They took care to not cause any more lawn damage than absolutely necessary and cleaned the driveway almost completely. We were realistic knowing not every spec of dirt would come off without some rain, but they left almost nothing when they left. We will be calling Drew for at least one more project that we are confident will be performed with absolute perfection.

Description of Work
Water proof basement by installing french style drain pipe along part of foundation leading to a drainage pit. Also regraded the front of the house and connected to the drain pipe. Removed many yards of debris from back yard.

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe

04/21/2016

Roxanne T.

Drew was able to come out the same day I contacted the company to do the estimate. He was very professional and provided consulting that I did not need hard core basement waterproofing (sump pump, drain tile, etc.) but wall scraping, painting. The root cause of the seepage was due to landscaping/mulch around the house. He made a few suggestions like 4 feet of rocks vs mulch. I very much appreciate the honest consulting and am relieved. Drew suggested full concrete stair replacement vs patching. Also, suggested glass block windows that open to help with basement airflow $8800. This is not in my budget to do at this time.

Description of Work
Drew came out to consult and provide an estimate on basement waterproofing and concrete stair repairs.

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing

04/06/2016

Brian T.

It was a little cold the morning work began, and I asked whether it would affect drying time, as there are a number of kids in the neighborhood, and it's a high traffic sidewalk. Drew was confident the chloride additive would compensate, but evidently the slurry from the plant came a liitle wetter than expected, and it didn't completely dry by nightfall. The next morning there were a few mementos from a stray kitty, and little to be done at that point, but Drew was very considerate about addressing my complaint. Otherwise, he and his team worked quickly and neatly and did great work and cleanup. I'll definitely call them again for future concrete projects.

Description of Work
Excavated 10' of boulevard sidewalk that was buckled from a tree root and repoured new panels.

Category carpet cleaners, concrete repair, house cleaning

10/22/2015

Mark C.

Drew was great. Very friendly and very knowledgeable. After our first appointment, he gave me a very detailed, itemized estimate of the work he recommended to fully waterproof my basement (sidewalk and french drain on one side, regrading the other). In total it was more than I wanted to spend right now, so I opted for just the sidewalk. He was able to schedule the work fairly quickly. His crew was prompt, professional, and fast. They did the demo and had the framing up in less than a full day, and poured the concrete the following morning and were done by lunch. It looks fantastic and is keeping that side of my basement dry. I'm very happy with the results and highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
New 90 foot sidewalk along side of house. Installed 2 galvanized steel window wells.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe, foundation repair

09/07/2015

Paul H.

We have 2 egress windows. The second was only slightly affected and so was less urgent. Drew came out within about a week and looked at both windows. He gave us a range of options in price as well as in the magnitude and aesthetics of the work to be done. He was very open about the effectiveness of the options. Based on his recommendations we chose a lower cost option to reinforce the worst egress window well with carbon fiber and leave the second egress window alone for now. the work was done promptly (within 10 days of the agreement) and with good quality. We felt we had all the facts to make a good decision and are happy with the results.

Description of Work
We had a basement egress window that was bowing due to hydro-static pressure. Without some repair or replacement it was likely to collapse in less than a year.

Category egress windows, foundation repair

06/24/2015

Max D.

While I haven't seen Drew's work in practice, his professionalism and honesty in his review of my property lead me to believe that his work would be of excellent quality. I will likely contact him again in the future if I have work that could need his expertise.

Description of Work
I requested a quote from Drew for a job with my foundation. He came over to review my property and the issue I needed work with within 24 hours. After following up with him, he informed me that the scope of the project was beyond what he could manage at that time and he recommended another company for me. He was very professional and honest. He did not attempt to sell me on a service or product that would not address the problem I had. Instead, he promptly referred me to someone who could get the job done quickly and professionally.

05/15/2015

Beverly B.

He examined the area and told us that he didn't think it would be necessary to do extensive work on the foundation; the wet area was small and next to the drain and didn't seem to be spreading. He recommended extending the gutter downspouts so they would drain farther from the house, and adding more soil and grading it to slope away from the house. We followed his suggestions and also planted some hostas which have an extensive root system and absorb a lot of water. Since doing those things the wet spot has dried up and we've had no further problems. We were impressed that he didn't encourage us to do any expensive repair work (which would've meant more business for him) - but which would have been unnecessary.

Description of Work
Drew inspected a small damp area in the corner of our basement, which appeared after the heavy rains last spring and remained over the summer and fall.

04/16/2015

JULIE D.

Drew is great. They were prompt, easy to work with, and did a great job. I particularly appreciate that Drew was willing to figure out an affordable repair when other vendors didn't want to bother unless I tore the whole structure down and started over.

Description of Work
Repaired a concrete tuck-under garage that was starting to degrade.

Category concrete repair, foundation repair

03/12/2015

Sarah M.

Drew and his team did drain tile for a few houses in our neighborhood. We asked a crew member if we could get a quote, and Drew came over to give us a quote that same day. The rates quoted were very competitive, and although we waited for almost 6+ months later, he honored the price. He was also very willing to come by to the house one more time to discuss the project, the work that we needed to do, and what we could expect from him and his team. When we were ready to schedule, Drew was able to schedule the work within one week of us contacting him. Drew and his team were very courtious, and friendly. Drew was very professional, knowledgeable when discussing the work and our basement situation. His work came with a warrantly which shows that he stands behind his work. They came promptly at 7:30 am both days. Day 1: They dug the trench, carried out the failed drain tile system, and installed the new system. Day 2: installation of the sump pump and poured the concrete over the new drain tile system. They set the alarm when they left each day. The only minor compaint is the screen door they used to go inside and out was left dirty and smudged. Other than that, everything was great! We hope that we do not have to see Drew again - as our basement now will be nice and dry!

Description of Work
installed a new drain tile system in our basement.

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe, foundation repair

03/06/2015

John H.

Drew responded to our inquiry for drain tile installation the day after and was out for an inspection and measurements the day after that. we received a bid that evening. after modifying our request Drew provided a new bid which we accepted. He and his crew showed up at 7:30 sharp on the day he specified, sealed off the basement, covered everything in the basement in plastic sheeting and completed the job in a day and a half. The basement was left cleaner than when the crew started. The job is neat and professionally finished looking. We are very satisfied with Drew Gardner and his crew and the work they provided and would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Drew Gardner and his crew installed a drain tile system in our basement.

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe

01/22/2015

Julie J.

We contacted 6 different companies to provide quotes for our drain tile. Drew was always the quickest to respond, the fastest to come out and give a quote, and he provided the most competitive quote that we received. He was great to work with; he explained the process, gave us a few options, was super friendly, and was able to schedule the work right away. The finished project looks great, he was quick to respond to any questions I had during the project. Overall, a great experience.

Description of Work
Installed interior drain tile with a sump pump in our basement

01/20/2015

David S.

I had a problem yard with old broken sidewalks. Although I'm on a corner lot slightly above the alley and street, the yard drained into an interior corner of the yard and leaked water into the garage, in which the slab was not graded properly, so water welled up in the garage during the spring thaw or after a heavy rain. Some excavation revealed that the yard once had a spillway along the property line that went to a concrete runoff behind the garage to the alley. Unfortunately, over time the spillway and runoff had been covered with dirt and gravel, berming up against the garage preventing drainage. Drew Gardner specializes in basement drainage systems, so having them handle the yard drainage issue was not a problem, and they understood my concerns and ideas to solve the problem. We reviewed a few options, I chose the solution to use, and the design was tuned perfectly during the hands-on work. Drew's crew was professional and hard-working, with Drew on-site during the entire operation. These people take pride in their craft and are friendly to work with.

Description of Work
Demolished old sidewalks, removed chainlink fence and garden timbers, used bobcat to grade yard, prepared new sidewalks, poured concrete, applied sealer, patched porch, cleaned up all debris.

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, drain pipe, foundation repair

12/16/2014

Jesse A.

Drew was great to work with; He was very quick to access practical/cost effective solutions for the foundation in my basement. The job was finished fast. I was also very appreciative as he volunteered to fix two issues outside of the initial project: He patched a crack on the foundation exterior as well as removed an old concrete slab in my yard without asking for payment! I would highly recommend to everyone and will use his services again.

Description of Work
Repaired a 15 foot wall section in basement with a series of I-beams and concrete.

10/22/2014

scott H.

Drew was a total professional. He personally attended to this job, scheduling it quickly, and affordably. Very satisfied with his work, would consider him and his company again.

Description of Work
Drew repaired a section of disintegrating concrete on our garage foundation

Category concrete repair, foundation repair

10/21/2014

Vincent S.

At my request I asked if they could come back at a later time when we would be able to evaluate the problem better. They were great about it and said to give them a call and they would come back out.

10/13/2014

ANNE L.

Drew arrived on time at 7:30am with a crew of 4. The work was finished that afternoon. All members of the crew were friendly, courteous, and well informed about the project.

Description of Work
Installed drain tile in parts of basement and dug two window wells

Category basement waterproofing

10/03/2014

Megan M.

We hired Drew for some resurfacing work we had been avoiding on our foundation. He provided a reasonable estimate, communicated well via email, showed up on time, and finished the work promptly. The work itself looks great and we are so happy to have an attractive foundation to look at!

Description of Work
Resurfacing

Minneapolis & Suburban Sewer & Water Inc

Additional contact name - Mark Koyhtya. Super Service Award Winner for 2015.

The Construction Group Inc

“Your Full Service Multi-Project Provider” The Construction Group, Inc. has over 30 years of experience in the Minnesota construction and remodeling industry. We provide Storm damage inspections, insurance claim assistance, new construction, remodeling services, weatherization, and home exteriors for Minnesota home owners, apartment complexes, town homes, condos, and commercial buildings. We ensure client satisfaction by providing big company performance and quality with the personalized attention you get from a small company. The Construction Group, Inc. is Owens Corning and GAF preferred contractors, as well as members of the Minnesota BBB with an A+ rating. Serving all of Minneapolis, St. Paul and surrounding areas.

Offers by The Construction Group Inc on Angi
    Superior Stucco, Inc.

The look of your home can say a lot about you and your home’s value. Our licensed stucco professionals at Superior Stucco Inc. install, modify, or repair any types of stucco systems to refresh your property. We are a full-service stucco contractor providing quality service to residential clients in the MN greater metro area and beyond. Our team of experts is dedicated to working with you to implement a solution that meets your needs. Get an estimate and call 952-381-5854 today.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Sidewalks, Driveways, Aprons, Brick & Block Work, Glass Block, Basement Waterproofing, Interior & Exterior Drain Tile, Steel Brace Wall Reinforcments, Wall Rebuilds, Foundation Underpinning, Light excavation, Egress Windows, Crawl Space Repair & Drain Tile repair

Asphault