Work guaranteed

Rent A Husband

Founded 2000 • With Angi since September 2008

4177 SHORELINE DR APT 113

Spring Park, MN 55384

PLEASE CALL FOR FASTEST RESPONSE. Owner operated. No subs. Charges $50 per hour. Charges a $25 travel charge. No service fee. Award winning....

04/14/2021

Todd P.

Great. covered a very wide range of assignments always good results and good value. Will continue to use. Thanks Stephen.

Description of Work
Many tasks over many years.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, replacement windows, deck cleaning, house painters, interior painters

The attic over the 3rd bay of the customer's garage was not insulated. When winter cars defrost, the humidity went to this area, froze, and mold began. We blew in 10 bags of AttiCat insulation, about 14" deep. Then I cleaned off the mold with Zep mold and mildew stain remover. It took 6 hours for all of the job. Great customer-likes to keep up his property. I will work for [Member Name Removed] again.

01/31/2021

sheree B.

Very happy with Stephen's work-- he was affordable and fast. He also showed me the problem and how to fix it myself in the future! I have already started a list of other projects I will need him for!

Description of Work
my fridge had a plugged defrost drain

Category picture framing, plumbing, pressure washing

01/16/2021

Murugavel S.

Stephen did nice work and showed up on time. He was focused on getting the job done, fixed minor items that was not on his todo list and made recommendations on other items.

Description of Work
Needed multiple services from painting, staining, caulking etc.,

Category handyman service, interior painters

09/22/2020

Kathryn S.

High quality work, reasonable rate, made suggestions to fix items

Description of Work
Indoor & outdoor light fixtures replaced New doorbells Weatherstripping Window well cover repair, Outdoor painting

Category contractors, handyman service, lighting, mailbox repair

07/19/2020

Joy M.

Stephen installed garage shelves for us. We purchased the shelves separately. His attention to detail was good. Once he started, he didn't stop until the work was done. We are pleased with his work.

Description of Work
Garage Shelving

Category handyman service

The customer just called for some more work-some shelves, too! Thank you!

04/08/2020

Janet O.

Excellent. Stephen is very knowledgeable. Also noticed a couple things that were not done properly by someone else and fixed them.

Description of Work
Variety of tasks. Plumbing - Replaced faucets and garbage disposal. Fixed fluorescent fixtures and air cleaner. etc.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing

11/01/2019

MATT N.

EXCELLENT. Stephen was punctual, very professional and bottom line is he does impeccable work. This is the second time I have used his handyman service and I could not be more happy with the work. His attention to detail is outstanding, he is neat and does the repairs right. I would recommend to anyone.

Description of Work
closet door track, floating stair repair, door hinge repair/door planing

Category closet systems, handyman service, woodworking, doors

09/26/2019

Nancy V.

Went great. Stephen has excellent carpentry skills. He pays attention to what you are asking for. He has good people skills. Job ended up taking a little longer than estimated for, still seemed like the price ended up reasonable. He gives 5% discount for Angie's List folks.

Description of Work
Rehabbed a 25+ year old outdoor back door landing and steps and new hand railings.

10/31/2018

Dennis R.

I think that the job turned out to be bigger than Stephen had imagined over the phone. Site unseen, he estimated the job to take about 4 hours. It actually took closer to 6 hours (which included two other small jobs during what would have been downtime for Stephen while I went to the store to get more parts). He worked diligently. And, the finished installation not only looked professionally installed, but it functioned properly.

Description of Work
Install roof cables to inhibit the formation of ice dams

10/16/2018

Joe O.

Stephen did an excellent job with our laundry list of tasks. He installed two ceiling fans, removed vines from a window on the third story of our house, fixed three screens, secure a loose kitchen countertop, fixed closet doors that were not latching, and some other miscellaneous projects. He was very efficient and did the work in about eight hours. He was prompt, courteous, skilled at all the tasks he performed. We received great value for all the work he did.

Description of Work
Ceiling installation, countertop repair, screen repair, vine removal, etc.

Category electrician, handyman service

10/11/2018

KAREN S.

Stephan did an excellent repair and restoration job on the columns. We had thought we might need to replace them but they seem like they will last some time now and they look great. There was a problem with the proposal. I sent several photos and described the job. He gave us a quote of $211 for 4 hours work. .When he arrived he said the columns did not look as bad as he expected. He spent 8-10 hours and the bill was over $500 ( included wood patching materials). We definitely think the cost was worth it, he does good work, but I must admit it was a shock.

Description of Work
Repair and painting of exterior wooden columns

Category handyman service

There were a lot of chipping paint spots that needed scraping, sealing, and filing before I could paint. The photos couldn't provide that much detail. Thank you!

09/24/2018

Gary W.

We are very happy with Stephen Granger's work on this project. The quality of his work was great, he was neat and cleaned up after doing the work. His cost was competitive, scheduled the work to meet our needs and completed the work as scheduled. We will use Stephen again as new handy man projects come up.

Description of Work
Replace water damaged drywall on garage wall to house. Do joint finishing and scuff repair on same wall, prime and two finish coats of paint.

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

08/05/2018

William D.

Very happy with the work done. Very neat. Stephen kept us informed on his estimated arrival time. Kept us informed when he had to leave to obtain materials. Very neat in appearance. Polite. Very pleasant.

Description of Work
Weather strip on two doors

06/02/2018

Eric B.

He performed what was need to diagnose the problem as well as educated myself on what was causing the problem.

Description of Work
Stephen did an inspection of the work with one of my bath fans.

05/30/2018

HOWARD P.

I was very pleased with the way in which Stephen did the work, his friendliness, and the way in which everything was cleaned up after the work was completed. I would definitely call again for work to be done.

Description of Work
Deck Repairs

03/19/2018

Andrew C.

Overall very satisfied with the work performed. It wasn't necessarily quick but it was high-quality work and in my opinion worth it. The price ended up being exactly what I was expecting so I was very happy with the results/price ratio. I would hire again.

Description of Work
Fence handle needed fixing, custom threshold to be built, fridge water line replacement, re-caulk tub

Category handyman service, woodworking

03/13/2018

Brigid G.

Stephan was extremely helpful in setting and leveling a vanity. I would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Set vanity in master bathroom

01/10/2018

Kalina S.

Stephen was amazing! He answered all my questions in a way that I could understand and didn’t make me feel like I was in adequate for not knowing certain information. He was on time and worked very efficiently. I was impressed with the way he cleaned up after himself and of course he completed each job meticulously. Without a doubt, Stephen is now my go to handyman for my new home in Minneapolis. He surely has my support and I would recommend him to all who need anything done in their house...he’s worth every penny!

Description of Work
* Side door lock change * Front door lock change * Front door screen lock repair * Front door peephole install * Back door lock change * Heater room frame repair * Garage door frame repair

12/20/2017

Pat B.

Great. Shower hasn't looked this nice for years.

Description of Work
Grouting, shower cleaning

Category ceramic tile, handyman service

11/29/2017

Kathy C.

Stephen is professional, polite and punctual! He did a great job and didn't leave a mess. Will definitely hire him again!

Description of Work
Replacing a part in the toilet tank, repairing/cleaning gutters, replace bathroom sink faucet.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, handyman service, plumbing

11/27/2017

MARGUERITE and Diana K.

It went okay. The fan worked out fine, but the ceiling wasn't done as well as I would've liked. He took a shortcut, so the workmanship wasn't done as well as it could've been.

Description of Work
He did a couple odd jobs for us; reconnected a chain on the ceiling fan and repaired a stucco ceiling above the shower.

11/17/2017

Jennifer M.

Just getting around now to finally writing a review. Stephen is great! He is my one and only handyman. Before finding him, I tried a few others and was consistently disappointed. Stephen is responsive, reliable, and seems to be able to fix absolutely anything. He is respectful and tidy and treats even the smallest job as important. I never feel like he's being judgmental about my inability to do the things put on his list, and I always come away feeling like the fee I pay him is money very well spent.

Description of Work
I've had Stephen out to my house now 4 separate times (Oct 2016, Nov 2016, Jan 2017, and Nov 2017) to do all kinds of medium to small odd jobs including hanging artwork, replacing light fixtures, installing smoke/CO detectors, a battery back-up for the sump pump, fixing bolt locks and door handles, replacing weather stripping, snaking slow drains, putting a shower door back on its rails, etc.

Category handyman service

Thank you! Member has a great labrador, too!

11/07/2017

Tammy S.

Stephen did a fabulous job with the work that he did. We are very happy with his work. He was punctual and paid attention to detail. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
lights and electrical outlet install

10/30/2017

Amanda J.

Very well. The gutter cleaning was completed safely and well within the quoted time and was done with courtesy, care and attention to detail.

Description of Work
Clean very dirty gutters. (There were little plants growing)

Category gutter cleaning, handyman service

09/16/2017

Adam H.

Really well! I'm very impressed. We had put this off for years, thinking our shower could never be fully restored. After just a few hours, he had it looking so much better! Now, it's in great shape, presentable once again for our family/visitors to use. Bummed that I didn't take a before/after picture as the difference is remarkable!

Description of Work
After years of neglect, our shower grout and caulk had taken a toll. The shower was in rough shape and we needed it restored.

Category handyman service

Thank you! His wife actually installed the tile, and she did such a great job on her grout lines that I had to remove unnecessary silicone caulk that was collecting mold and yellowing, exposing the tight, strong grout underneath! Really a pleasant surprise.