Done Right Carpet & Restoration

4.3

Founded 1992 • With Angi since June 2010

8236 Arthur St NE Ste C

Spring Lake Park, MN 55432

Call Us 24/7 at (612) 331-4454 For Immediate Response. No Matter the Size of the Water Damage Cleanup, We Have You Covered. We pride ourselves on our personal commitment to each and every client. When you call us, it’s like you called a family member because we treat every job like it was our own home or business....

4.3

4.2

4.4

4.4

water damage restoration (21)carpet cleaning (19)mold removal (3)sewer cleaning (1)upholstery cleaning (1)

02/08/2022

Frank V.

Due to an unexpected partial flooded basement on a Sunday evening, I sent out requests for service. John was the first one to call and was at our house in just about an hour. He is very prompt and professional, and was able to get the water out of the basement that same night. He then set up 11 dehumidifiers throughout the basement to dry everything out for 3 days. The conclusion was handled very well, and he took "before and after" photos and sent those to the insurance company, and took multiple humidity readings as well. I highly recommend John for his skills, timeliness, and professionalism.

Description of Work
Unexpected partial flooded basement

Work Completed On 01/30/2022

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to leave a review! We really appreciate it!

11/11/2020

Peggy N.

Within 2 hours John was there with a helper ready to work. In just a few hours he ripped out the soggy ceiling, checked the walls for damage and pulled out carpet and padding, hauled all that away then brought in at least 7 power blowers and commercial dehumidifier to dry out my living room. I cannot image a better experience at my moment of crisis. Thank you John.

Description of Work
Water Damage from leaking roof

Work Completed On 11/11/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We really appreciate it!

08/04/2020

David S.

Our kitchen faucet leaked under the sink, soaking the sink cabinet, the hardwood floor and the basement insulation and wood framing, below. John and Victor showed up in less than two hours of my call. As importantly, they came fully equipped with a truckload of remediation gear. After assessing the damage using impressive technology, they gave us a complete briefing on our options. Rescue mats, air movers and dehumidifers were quickly deployed. Soaked insulation in the basement was carefully removed. After four days of continuous operation, the kitchen floor, the sink cabinet and basement were as dry as before the flooding. John and Victor returned on schedule to remove the equipment, giving us another full briefing on what had been accomplished. Precautionary steps were taken to prevent mold.

Description of Work
water damage remediation

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We really appreciate it!

06/09/2020

Wendy W.

John responded quickly and worked efficiently. He took a large number of photographs for me to use for insurance purposes. He took multiple humidity readings of the walls and floors to determine what needed to be done in my basement to prevent water damage. My basement carpet was soaking wet and he removed the damaged carpet and padding quickly and set up several fans to prevent further water damage, especially to my walls. He was able to work around large furniture items that were unable to be removed before he showed up. Worked diligently to minimize water damage.

Description of Work
water removal for flooded basement

Work Completed On 05/27/2020

08/18/2019

Linda G.

Done expensive would be a better name for this company. We called them in May to assist with water in the basement. They arrived promptly, but the service cost much more than we expected. Our insurance adjustor said that we paid about $2,000 more than the average cost he had seen in our area for these services. Get a quote in writing before you let them do any work. When I called to question the price, John offered to rework the bill but would raise it higher, not lower! We also had some minor damage - basement window sill cracked and wooden closet door dented.

Description of Work
Dry out basement from water

Work Completed On 08/18/2019

06/08/2019

Richard P.

Went fine. Was irritated that the representative completely unlocked the front door, sealed it up behind plastic so I couldn't easily see it, and left it unlocked and even left the outer screen door open/unlocked. If I hadn't consciously opened the plastic containment and checked, my house would have been completely unlocked and vulnerable to burglary.

Description of Work
Water Damage Remediation

Work Completed On 04/01/2019

I am sorry to hear we did let you no always when done and you were home to always lock and could use back door as wanted i am glad we were able to help dry out your home and we you guys best from here out.

04/02/2019

Jane F.

John and his crew were prompt and professional. They came to the house promptly, They immediately got rid of the damaged family room wall-to-wall carpeting and the moldy drywall and got five giant dehumidifiers going. They even carted away some furniture that had been permanently damaged. I recommend them highly.

Description of Work
We needed to have our family room dried out after the recent snow and rain.

Work Completed On 03/26/2019

10/26/2018

Shawn S.

I woke up the morning of Oct. 21st, 2018 to find water in my basement unexpectedly. The carpet and pad were completely soaked and some bottom parts of sheet rock. I wasn't even going to attempt to clean it up myself with the potential of mold setting in. I logged onto Angie's List at 830am pulled up water clean up companies with a "A rating" and found Done Right at the top of the list. I called, spoke to John the owner who was very professional and knowledgeable. By 10am he and two employees were at my house with their van/equipment. They were only there for a little over an hour, they worked very fast, diligently and by Monday evening everything was bone dry. I do appreciate the timeliness of John and his crew. They were all a pleasure to deal with. Definitely will only be calling Done Right in the future if necessary, though I'm hoping it won't be :-) Also I thought the pricing was very fair. No one expects to wake up and have to payout money unexpectedly, though the price came in under what I had expected and I guess the silver lining is, that's what an emergency fund is for and I'm glad I had it.

Description of Work
Water cleanup in the basement

Work Completed On 10/21/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed] are company was very happy to help you.

10/04/2018

JIm D.

Jon and his crew were friendly and responsive. We had trouble getting the area fully dry since there was addition damage under cabinets which required opening the wall and having dehumidifiers and fans running for an additional 4 days.

Description of Work
Dry out after dishwasher leak

Work Completed On 09/30/2018

Thanks [Member Name Removed] Appreciate giving us a opportunity to help you that means a lot to are team

06/26/2018

Diane S.

Removal of carpet and flooring after flooding. I called on a Saturday evening they came within a couple of hours and quickly ran during the service

Description of Work
Removal of carpet and flooring after flooding

Work Completed On 05/12/2018

09/05/2016

Josh S.

A pipe ruptured in my basement that ran to my water heater. I was able to shut the water off but it was clear that volume of water in the basement which submerged the carpet was beyond my means. I called Done Right and was amazed to find they answered my call at 1:30am. They were polite and professional and arrived at my house in less than 20 minutes. They were able salvage my carpet and dry the basement out. This is not a service that anyone looks forward to but it's nice to know when you need these guys, they are there for you. Thank you so much Done Right!

Description of Work
Water damage mitigation and restoration

Work Completed On 08/31/2016

R

09/02/2016

Janelle S.

The work was OK but his professionalism was very poor. He was a very fast talker, kept repeating himself but didn't provide the cost in writing. He didn't send a receipt - I had to ask for it and then he sent it via text, and was hard to read. I had to ask him to email it to me. I felt like he was taking advantage of us due to the desperate situation. I would have preferred he approached us more professionally, explaining what was needed to be done in a calm and professional manner. I am not sure why he was rated an A on Angie's list.

Description of Work
Basement was wet, carpet, sheet rock. base board, etc due to broken water pipe.

Work Completed On 08/12/2016

Thank you for your feedback. I gave you a verbal estimate before we started any work. I had 5 men waiting outside at least 20 minutes while I was explaining the process to you and your husband. I did repeat things so you clearly understood the procedure before starting. Thank you for having us out at your home. Call us anytime.

08/23/2016

Constance T.

Jon was very responsive when I called. Although he initially thought he would be able to get out till the next day, he called back and was able to come out within about three hours. He came right in and set up fans and sprayed to prevent mold. He was very knowledgeable and friendly, however, when I went downstairs after he left there was still a considerable amount of water on the floor in a few spots. Perhaps I incorrectly assumed that he would get that up before he left, but he didn't. The cost seemed a bit high, especially because the water had been left, but I really needed someone to come quickly and he did and was the only business able to do so of several on Angie's List that I called, so I really appreciated that.

Description of Work
Dried up water in basement and sprayed to prevent mold due to leaky spigot that leads to outside of house. While I was watering the lawn water had flowed into basement, apparently from leak that sprung in pipe that feeds outside spigot. Water had come down paneling and flowed along concrete basement floor reaching a rug and a couple places where there was drywall and soaking clothes that were being sorted for laundry.

Work Completed On 08/09/2016

10/21/2015

Amy L.

Done Rite was out to our home within a day of our call to get the cause of the damage corrected right away. After we had filed our insurance claim they took over all contact with the claims adjuster from there, working through all the details and getting our claim paid in full. It was so nice to hand over all that insurance claim work to them and have it handled without any worries. The work was done much faster than I had expected and was done very professionally. They checked in with us at every point to be sure the work and finishes were all we were expecting along the way. The workers onsite were very professional, took great care to keep the mess of the work area contained so the rest of our house was still livable and left us with a better home than what we had prior to the damage. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Complete clean-up and re-construction after severe ice damns caused massive interior water damage to our home.

Category carpet cleaners, remodeling, water damage restoration

Work Completed On 02/01/2013

07/29/2015

Kaley B.

One man crew, called to see if I was available 30 min earlier than appt time, since he was running ahead of schedule. He walked the area and didn't find anything that was really out of place. There were mac and cheese and coke stains from the kids. I did pay extra for a pre treat, it was very reasonable. The carpets had not been cleaned for over 10 years. He was very fast and efficient, went over several places multiple times to clean kid stains. I asked for a quick clean and not a deep clean. I did not have him move several of the VERY heavy pieces of furniture, but we did help him move everything else, he would of moved it himself, but I wanted the more cleaning of the carpet than him moving furniture. The family room carpets were never so clean and white. (This was white berber carpet). My only slight complain was while he was packing up, he was not paying attention to what the hoses were getting caught on and knocked over one of the potted plants on the patio. Very happy with the work done and am hiring them to clean the new house when we close.

Description of Work
Cleaned 5 areas of the house getting it ready to sell. Living room, 2 bedrooms, hall, oversized family room.

Work Completed On 06/24/2015

03/11/2015

Isaac M.

They gave a lot of time to make sure the job was done right. I'm very glad I called them. They tackled the problem right away and did a lot of follow up to ensure that all was well. I was impressed that they didn't back off just because it was a difficult job.

Description of Work
They did a sewage cleanup after my sewer backed up. He cleaned up an area that allowed for the plumber to get to the drain. It took him 4-5 hours on one day to get most of the work done; he came the following 3 days to make sure everything was clean and check in his air purifiers.

Category water damage restoration, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 01/06/2015

06/10/2014

Andrea M.

Our plumber referred this company to come in and start the restoration process. We've had a lot of bad luck with water leaking in our house from various appliances, etc., so we were in a hurry to get everything dried out to save our wood floor (the tubing to our ice maker in our fridge sprung a leak and had soaked through the floor/baseboard and walls). So he came quickly and got the air blowers going quickly. However, he took no care in how he removed parts of our wall and basement ceiling to do the drying. He hastily tore things apart, and in my opinion, more than what he needed. He also left things very dusty and a mess. Our insurance adjuster even said he did a very poor job. He left the blowers in the house for a few days to finish drying things out. We were out of town when he was supposed to come and check on how dry our floor was, so we had a family member meet him at our house to sign off on the work. My husband accidentally gave him the wrong phone number of our family member, and he was very rude to my husband on the phone about this, saying, "what kind of person gives the wrong phone number?". He ended up meeting up with our family member to get his equipment later that day (or the next), and told our family member that he needed the equipment for another job, packing all the blowers up and leaving. When my husband talked to him on the phone before this, he complained to my husband that he couldn't get the blowers from our house because he was too busy, in a very non-professional way. When we got back from our trip we noticed our wood floors were extremely buckled and we knew then that the floors were ruined. We had another restoration company out (one that we had worked with in the past and had a good experience with), and he tested the dryness of our floor and said it was still wet! So this guy from "done right" left the job without completing it!! And now we're paying the price for his poor job. We will never go with "Done Right" again, and I am going to call the plumber to let them know about our experience, too, to try to save others from this company.

Description of Work
Provide restoration services after a leaky refrigerator soaked our wood floor.

Work Completed On 05/20/2014

11/19/2013

Betty C.

They have good quality work, they have always done a very fair job for me. I'm happy with what they have done.

Description of Work
I use them for carpet cleaning.

Work Completed On 11/19/2013

10/13/2011

Lisa B.

I thought the prices seemed comparable. They did a good job.

Description of Work
I've used them a couple of times to clean the carpets on the main floor of my home.

Work Completed On 10/13/2009

08/10/2010

Robert Q.

Horrible experience. Owner very angry and unprofessional. Got very angry when tried to control cost. Set up 18 fans that were charged perday. Did not try to control costs at all. Set up as many fans as he could fit in room to rob us blind. Became very "agitated" when I asked to come pick them up so I could save another $3,000.

Description of Work
Came out to remove water from basement when water came through egress window during storm. Removed carpet pad and set up fans.

Work Completed On 06/25/2010

07/31/2010

Laura M.

Called them at 7:00 and they were in the house by about 8:00 am - I was impressed by how fast they got here. They had the necessary equipment. One note is that as with any disaster / water damage company, you have to watch them like a hawk to make sure they don't demolish more than necessary. Overall I think they did well. Their fee included the quick response and use of the dehumidifiers/fans for several days. Dealing with water damage is a miserable experience but I felt confident that the house was properly dried out in the end.

Description of Work
Hired the company at for water damage mitigation services after upstairs toilet overflowed.

Work Completed On 04/13/2010

07/16/2010

Robert Q.

Never tried to help control costs. Set up 18 fans and 3 dehumidifiers that cost $30/ fan and $130/day for dehumidifiers, totaling around $1400/day. When asked to come 2 days early to remove fans, owner became very angry and "agitated". Had to argue at length to come remove them to help me save over $2,500. He stated he never would have come out to do the job if he knew "this is how the job would go." Extremely unprofessional and angry owner of company.

Description of Work
Water damage from storm. Water came through egress window. Removed carpet pad and set up fans, dehumidifiers.

Work Completed On 06/25/2010