Antonsen Construction Inc

Founded 2009 • With Angi since May 2010

411 Marie Ave Ste B

South Saint Paul, MN 55075

We offer satisfaction to the homeowner by treating every job we do like it was our own home. We pride ourselves on the quality of work we put into every job. Additional contact names - Scott Witzel, Jesse Saver, Additional emails - antonsen2009@gmailcom. Additional fax - (651) 493-3957.

01/27/2018

Joanne T.

It was a nightmare that was only ended 16 months after the first shovelful was turned over and I had hired an attorney. Failed to supervise contractors, or provide a project timeline. Failed to manage finances appropriately, with contractors and staff not being paid, . In 8 months of construction, the owner only appeared at the site once and that was at my request. Failed to honor contracted services, overcharged or billed for services that were removed from the initial estimate. Toxic landfill (bottles, metal axe heads, ****) used as backfill.--no one on site to manage and remediate this.

Description of Work
Kitchen bump out of 10 X 20 and bath remodel.

01/05/2018

Irving L.

Bob Antonsen and his crew came in a gave us an estimate for time and money. They kept to their word and even though a couple of hitches showed up due to the layout of the ceiling joists and roof rafters, they were able to work around it and made a very nice chase and really opened up the rather smallish bedroom. The skylight has now in its third winter season with no problems at all with leaking or condensation. Antonsen applied adequate insulation between the chase and the attic space and there is no cold air dropping in at all.

Description of Work
We just purchase the house and finally moved in. We then realized the bedroom was really dark even in the middle of the day. The answer? A skylight!

Category skylights

02/09/2017

Steve J.

Overall it went very well. Jeff Johnson did an excellent job coordinating the 3 month long project.

Description of Work
We completely upgraded the first floor of our townhouse. New kitchen countertops/cabinets, new hardwood floors, new trim/casing, new bathroom vanities, countertops and removed popcorn ceiling and repainted walls and ceiling.

Category handyman service, home remodeling, house painters, doors

02/03/2017

Lon B.

They were easy to work with and always had contact so that we knew what was happening every day. They kept us informed on any changes needed and got permission before completing. We were very comfortable with all the staff, from sales to laborers. They were all neat, tidy, and very professional. I would recommend them to anyone. We are well pleased! L.Berven

Description of Work
Removed walls, old cabinets and fixtures. Totally renewed kitchen area, to an open floor plan.

02/01/2017

Ryan S.

Our home received hail damage in September 2016. Our insurance adjuster authorized shingle replacement and siding replacement. The roof was done prior to the Minnesota winter season and the siding was completed shortly after in January 2017. The salesman with antonsen construction walked us through the procedure from start to finish explaining every detail in the process along the way. We had two separate subcontractors perform the work. The roofing crew was great. They were courteous, professional and thorough. The siding crew was equally as great. The contractor did a great job in our opinion of selecting subcontractors to do the work.

Description of Work
New roof and siding..

Category roofing, siding

10/05/2016

Lou P.

The actual installation was slow. They measured for shingles incorrectly by about half the roof. When it began raining on my exposed roof I complained. They sent out a very young man with a faulty air compressor late in the afternoon in the rain. Now I have a water stained ceiling at just about the half way mark of my roof and the roof warranty inexplicably won't cover the problem due to "driving rain".

Description of Work
My roof was replaced three years ago due to hail damage. This company eventually finished the work after not ordering enough shingles. The roof leaked into an interior room. I noticed it Labor Day. I had the roofers out twice and they denied any responsibility and refused to honor the roof warranty claiming the leakage was caused by "driving rain". I had my Allstate rep look at it and do some research. The roofers did not seal around items projecting from the roof as instructed in the shingles instruction sheet.

04/07/2015

Michelle M.

Antonsen Construction was very professional and courteous. They responded to both damage claims right away. They responded to the water damage on a late Saturday afternoon. Everyone we came in contact with at Antonsen Construction was very respectful, professional and thorough in making sure the work on our home was done to perfection. We could not be more pleased with the end result. I would recommend Antonsen Construction to anyone and everyone.

Description of Work
We had fire damage due to a lightning strike and then a flood which was related to the fire. Antonsen construction did extensive work inside and outside of our home. We had siding, shingles and sheetrock replaced on the outside of our home. We had flooring, carpet, paint and electrical work done on the inside of the home.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, water damage restoration

03/21/2015

Daniel O.

I reviewed several companies before I chose Antonsen. When I called them a polite lady answered the phone and took all of my information and assured me that someone will get in contact with me soon. The same afternoon Jesse called me to discuss the services I was looking for which was drain tile and a sump pump installation. Last years rain flooded my basement and several of our neighbors homes as well. My home has never had any water issues until last year with the wet spring and summer. Jesse assured me that his company could handle the job quick and get it done before this springs thaw. Jesse was very polite and detailed in walking us through the process of installing the drain tile. The price was fair as to other contractors but since they were local, had a decent rating on Angies list and the BBB reviews were good we decided to go with Jesse. The project took a total of about two full weeks from start to finish. The process was interesting as I checked on it every night after work, when breaking up concrete and hauling it out it can be messy. The job foreman Dan was on site almost every day checking progress and making sure the dust control was in place and working since it was a very dirty job. Dan did an outstanding job communicating with us on the progress of the job and Jesse assured us that everything was moving in the right direction. After the job was completed, Dan surprised us with a cleaning service to clean the house just to make sure no extra dust or mess was left behind after the job was complete. We were very satisified with the workmanship and professionalism both Jesse and Dan while working with us. Our basement is still unfinished but we plan on calling them back to get quotes to install carpet and finish the walls.

Description of Work
Install drain tile and a sump pump in my basement

Category roofing, water damage restoration

03/19/2015

Terence D.

The initial agreement was signed on 9/17/2015. The project came to a halt because of a change in the building code which would not allow asphalt roofing on the dormer roof. The only alternative given was to use rubber roofing. By about the 15th of October the decision was to use metal roofing (at our request). There were innumerable delays due to cold weather and poor choice of sub-contractors. Of the 5 sets of subcontractors used the gutter guy was the best. The roofer that installed the metal roofing wouldn't come out to do the job initially because it was too cold, but ended up installing the roof when the temperature was even lower. The first pair of carpenters didn't act like they wanted to work, and although they did what they were hired to do, there appeared to be more than a little tension between them and Antonsen, Inc. The roofers that installed the asphalt portion of the roof did what appeared to be an acceptable job, but left initially and didn't return for about 2 weeks due to a disagreement with Antonsen. Neither of the roofing subcontractors adequately covered the area around the house and threw material so far off of the roof during the teardown that my neighbors gardens were littered. The second set of carpenters (also subcontractors) came out and did part of the job and left. They had to be called back to finish putting up the soffits and fascia covering. They then had to be called back to correct the mistakes in their workmanship. At one point they had all of their tools, tables, etc. set up in my neighbors yard, not with anyone's permission, just because it was easier for them. In order to get the soffit installed properly, they used a hammer to break the cement board siding that was in their way, and removed much more than was necessary. There is a band all of the way around the second story where the wall board material is exposed to the weather and to woodpecker damage. After asking that if this could be covered with house wrap, only 2 short portions were done. Now what was going to be a project that would wait for other things to be accomplished first is one which will need to be done soon. There was a point during the process when the metal roofing was delivered in 16' crates. The crates were placed about 1/3 in my yard and 2/3 in the neighbors yard. When I called and asked for them to have the delivery person come back and do his job correctly, Antonsen's scheduler showed up and started by asking what was wrong with where they were. After helping him move the crates about 8' through the snow, he seemed to think that was good enough. During the removal of one old gutter a cut was made in the new metal roofing panel with a reciprocating saw. On March 16th, after being told for 2 weeks that someone would be out on 2 different occasions, the original roofer that installed the metal roof showed up and replaced the panel. The yard was cleaned as well as it could be and on March 17th, 6 months to the day after I signed the original agreement, the job was finished and paid. There is more, but with the above it would just seem like piling on. From what I have outlined, is there any doubt why I have rated them as I have? I'm sure there will be plenty of excuses given, believe me, I think I've heard every one of them in the past 6 months.

Description of Work
Roofing, framed out soffits, installed vented soffits and new fascia, gutters and downspouts.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

03/16/2015

Melissa M.

I could not be happier!! From beginning to end there is not anything I would change! When the estimator came out to the house he was on time which in the past I have not had good luck with contractors being on time. He was ready for what I needed and was very patient with my children who were not so patient while we were trying to get the list of work to be performed done. I had an estimate on the work to be performed within a week of them coming to the house. The process of a remodel sort of worried me as to what they may find behind the walls etc. Everything went great and they did a great job of keeping me informed on progress and when people would be out etc. All workers electrical, plumbers, sheet-rockers etc. were very polite! I heard excuse me mam, they put protective covering over the carpet, and cleaned up daily. The final product is amazing... I wish I could post before and after pictures as you would be blown away!

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel Tear out old flooring Replace with tile following the tile part way up the walls Remove old stand up shower Replace with full size bath tub with tiled walls Fix all plumbing to bring to code Remove old light fixtures and replace with new ones Remove old single vanity and replace with double vanity adding adequate lighting Replace Sheetrock and paint Install suspended ceiling

01/21/2015

Jesse P.

This was a good experience. They were very accommodating to use the exact shingle and underlayment products I requested. The crew worked very hard to finish in one day and did a great job cleaning up.

Description of Work
Replaced roof.

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! It was a pleasure to do business with you as usual. We really appreciate it.

01/01/2015

susan F.

They came in and did the work and answered all questions.

Description of Work
Checked the roof to determine if repairs were required. Replacedo one vent and sealed the space between the end if the entry way and the outside door.

12/18/2014

ANDREW P.

I wouldn't refer them to anyone. I don't think any of these folks were bad people, and I don't think they were trying to end things the way they did. Maybe part of this is my fault for not knowing enough about roofing. The way the roof line of my house is, it is in 2 sections. One is pitched on two sides, that is the lower section, and the upper section is pitched on 4 sides, so it comes to a point. When snow melts, it comes from the upper section to the lower section, so there is a part where ice forms, because there is now water coming from the upper section. I am aware of that, and so I always keep that section clean of snow with a roof rake. When the consultant came and we had our discussion, I pointed out that section of the roof to him, and I said that was an area of concern, and they should take extra and appropriate measures to avoid problems. The response I got was that I shouldn't worry, and their normal methods would be sufficient to take care of the area. The first winter, there were no problems that became aware to me. Last winter, I had water dripping through to my dining room, and it came from the area I had pointed out. Last winter was pretty rough, and I did keep the snow off the roof, but there was nothing I could do more. I called the consultant again, and I found out that there was nothing special that they did in that area, they did not put the permeable barrier that far up although I had pointed it out. The guys response was that I should put heat tape on the roof. It may be good advise, but it doesn't change the fact that I had pointed it out, and I had water coming into my dining room. The actual roofers were just following the plan given to them by the consultant. I don't think they did bad work. They were always here when they said they were going to be here.

Description of Work
I used Antonsen Construction. They put on a new roof.

10/27/2014

Rick S.

Everything went well. Very professional company.

Description of Work
House & garage roof (insurance covered most of the cost).

10/19/2014

MARY BETH B.

Antonsen Construction was great to work with. They were never pushy and were always quick to to address any issues/concerns we may have had. In the middle of our remodeling project, we had an unexpected flood in our basement and they were able to step up and take care of the restoration part of that project. You would never know we had any type of flooding as our basement looks better than ever! We are very happy with our new roof, siding, windows and deck. We had other bids for this project and theirs was the most reasonable. We are very happy with the products they recommended and the work they did. They always kept us informed as to when work would start and what to expect. We really enjoyed working with them and would happily recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Roofing, siding, replaced some windows, restoration after flooding and replaced a deck.

Category roofing, siding, water damage restoration, replacement windows

07/01/2014

William P.

The roofing went well. The crew promptly showed up, worked hard and were at all times polite and efficient. A few minor issues we had were resolved responsively with rapid follow ups.

Description of Work
Re-roofed house and garage

06/03/2014

Will M.

Went well. They removed the ice dam They were responsive. We later had another ice dam and they offered to remove it also but the price was higher than I wanted to pay. I let it melt since the roof below had already been damaged and needed repairs. I waited until spring to have the repairs completed.

Description of Work
Removed ice dam.

05/31/2014

Christopher A.

Very efficient work and friendly workers. Did all the contact work with insurance. Only negative was that we found quite a few nails around the house after project was finished

Description of Work
Roof repair

05/17/2014

Mike F.

Representative said he would provide a quote on replacing two layers of shingles, decking where necessary, and a separate quote for heat tape to help deal with ice dams that are common in Minneapolis. I never received a quote, and called the representative directly to see if perhaps he'd forgotten. I requested that if they planned not to bid to please at least let me know. I never received a response of any kind. I realize it's perhaps common to simply provide no response if no bid is forthcoming, but given that I had specifically requested a response, I was disappointed to receive nothing at all.

Description of Work
A representative from Antonsen came to my home to look at our roof and bid on its replacement.

Category roofing, roof snow removal

03/26/2014

Dawn A.

The provider showed up on time, they were personable. I was pleased with their service. The service was fairly priced.

Description of Work
They provided roofing and flashing on my home.

03/17/2014

Rebecca H.

They did great work. Used becuase they received an Angie's List deal. They were very professional and on time. Did not experience any unexpected issues. It was done quickly. Would recommend to friends and family.

Description of Work
Used to install a vent on the roof

01/09/2014

Will M.

Bob Antonsen was very prompt, had the ice dam cleared the day after I called him in spite of cold weather. Overall, I am very pleased with his company's service. I plan to use his company in the future.

Description of Work
Cleared Ice dam.

Category roof snow removal

Thank you for the good review Will. I appreciate the business and you were a pleasure to work for.

11/19/2013

Deanna L.

Called and told Antonsen I saw their ad in Angie's List and wanted them to come out to see if I needed extra vents in the roof and to check ceiling vent to roof that leaked. Also, I felt I needed heat tapes to prevent ice damns from forming. He said that, Jessie, would contact regarding roof vents, etc. , but that I need an electrician to do that job. I called Dave , his referred electrician. Dave told me he would set up a date and get back to me. I haven't heard from anyone. They obviously are not in need of work. Very disappointed. Deanna

Description of Work
Nothing

11/12/2013

CINDY M.

Bob Antonsen and his team are the best. Bob took the time to meet with our insurance man. He went up on the roof and all around the house pointing out damage. The work could not have gone more smoothly. They were working at my home for 3 days. Each night they cleaned up all of the roofing debris. The dumpster was not full but they had it switched out with another one because the crew thought it would get too heavy and damage my pavers. I would have never thought of that. Bob was out each day to check out the work. I highly recommend Antonsen Construction. They did an outstanding job.

Description of Work
We had our shingles and gutters replaced due to hail damage.

10/31/2013

Susan K.

Jesse (Antonsen's sales rep) was professional, punctual, and pleasant to work with. The company's estimate was lower than those of the other companies I contacted, and they were quicker to provide it. The company's owner took the time to visit the job site and hand-deliver the building permit on a Saturday morning. The entire project (including the flat roof and awnings over the front and back doors) stretched out longer than I expected and required return visits by different installers, but the quality was good and they cleaned up thoroughly. And the Armorshake shingles are very distinctive and should last a long time. In April, however, I experienced a serious leak during a driving rain, where we had never had a leak before. Jesse and his team responded promptly, which I appreciated. But no repairs were done, and I have since discovered that the problem seems to be inadequate flashing in front where the roof meets the wall; I can see obvious gaps where rain could come in. So I will be contacting Antonsen again.

Description of Work
Tore off multiple layers of old roofing, applied all new decking, and installed new Armorshake shingles on the house. Also replaced a flat roof and small roofs over the front and back doors.

MNemonic Design LLC

MNemonic Design is locally owned and operated out of Saint Paul, MN. We are dedicated to our craft and take exceptional care of our customers. We offer free estimates and would love to hear of your upcoming project. Call or click for an estimate today Specializing in all forms of Interior and exterior painting and enameling, small drywall, popcorn removal and ceiling texture.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

SWP LLC

At SWP we offer high quality painting and drywall services, always putting the customer first, are services include; Residential interior and exterior painting Drywall crack repairs Popcorn ceiling removal Drywall Taping and finishing Deck and gazebo Staining and finishing And more

2022 Super Service Award

Monarch Painting

Monarch Painting offers reliable service and quality work at reasonable prices. We are fully insured, members of the Better Business Bureau, and have over twenty years combined experience. We can also help with wallpaper removal, light wall repair, and color consultation. • Monarch Painting uses Low or Zero VOC paint for your green painting solutions. Paints, adhesives, and other protective finishes are often formulated with solvents (or VOCs) to improve performance and durability. VOCs are unstable, carbon-containing compounds that readily vaporize into the air. When they enter the air, they react with other elements to produce ozone, which causes air pollution and a host of health issues including breathing problems, headaches, burning, watery eyes and nausea. Some VOCs also have been linked to cancer, as well as kidney and liver damage. • We are an EPA Certified Lead-Safe painting company, which means we take special care to protect our customers from the dangers of older lead-based paints. Award winning.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Financing Available

Residential and commercial Roofing, Roofing Repairs, Roof Replacements, Roofing Installation, Siding Repair/Replacement, Doors, Windows, Gutter Cleaning, Gutter Repair & Replacement, Decks, Patios, Kitchen & Bathroom Remodeling, Snow Removal, Ice Dam Steaming, Water & Fire Restoration

Please ask for details.