Action Roofing & Siding

Founded 1992 • With Angi since January 2010

1315 Southview Blvd

South Saint Paul, MN 55075

Action Roofing & Siding is a family owned and operated general remodeling contractor serving residential and light commercial clients with three generations of experience and over 22 years in business. We have extensive experience working with storm damage restoration and city/county rehab loan

08/23/2017

RICHARD S.

Completed in one day, cleaned up well after done, were responsive to our requests and concerns.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

07/07/2015

Chenille T.

We submitted for insurance claim with the help of an assessment by action roofing. Total cost for roof was much more than we had to pay. Work was done fast. Rick was very professional. He called me today's a year later to make sure everything was holding up. Roof is great! No issues at all. Would use them again.

Description of Work
New roof

Thank you very much for sharing your kind words! We really appreciate your business and are glad to count you among our many satisfied customers. Should anything come up in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us. Jason D. Ball Office Administrator

07/06/2015

Judy J.

Nick made me uncomfortable with his approach. They were not the low bidder by quite a bit, too. First, he arrived one hour early for the appointment estimate. Wanted me there right away, but I had planned my work meetings carefully that day. I had to remind him that I was still at work; that I do have to work and am not a fixture of the house. I think he wanted to get done "early" for the day, as he said. Then, he played/toyed with me instead of being straightforward with the estimate. He would not say how much it was, told me I had to "guess". That wasn't cool or professional in my book, at least not in the way that he was saying it. Finally, he tried to invite himself into my house and got rude when I didn't do so. It was a beautiful afternoon, mind you, and I had a table out front where there was ample space to lay out the estimate. No need to go inside for a roof estimate, really, and I have a dog that would be a distraction. His remark was like "Oh so you're NOT going to invite me into the house was not appreciated. I can't say I would recommend them for a single female homeowner. I expect respect from any contractor; won't hire if it's otherwise. Nick really killed that sale, and he's not who does the roofing. He's the salesperson or manager and ought to know better.

Description of Work
Cost was estimate only. Provided me with an estimate.

Hi [Member name removed], As a family owned and operated business we expect our staff to provide friendly, respectful and professional service at all levels from office staff to estimators and laborers alike. We regret to hear that this was not your experience. While I'm sure that he did not intend to come across this way, it is very important to us that consumers such as yourself feel comfortable and confident with our service whether you choose to do business with us or not. Please accept my sincere apologies for any conduct that did not meet those expectations and know that we will handle the matter with our staff accordingly. Kind regards, Jason D. Ball Office Administrator

01/26/2015

Nick B.

The sales folks were very friendly and gave good pricing, follow up, etc. The job took a bit longer to get started than I thought it would, but in all fairness I did tell them it just needed to be done before winter and they did tell me that they may be 4 weeks or so out so they were on schedule. They got the work done in one day. I'm not an expert on rubber roofing, but it doesn't leak! They mostly cleaned up the yard too. Am just about to give them a call about re-doing my siding too.

Description of Work
Replaced a roll-roofed low-sloping roof with some rigid insulation and a rubber membrane.

Category insulation, roofing

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, (removed member name). Your business is very much appreciated and we would be happy to provide you a quote on your siding project. We look forward to hearing from you!

09/04/2014

Jodie K.

I had hail damage and because I waited too long to file a claim, my insurance company just gave me a check for part of the cost to replace my roof. Action Roofing and Siding was the first of five companies I had out to give me a quote. Overall, Nick gave me the best price, but he was a bit persistent for my tastes. Called once a week for three weeks to see if I'd made a decision yet. Personally, I prefer to do the calling. I wasn't happy with the shingle offering either, but his price was the lowest of five. Nevertheless, I went with another company.

Description of Work
Got a quote for a new roof. I did NOT get a new roof with this company however.

Category roofing, siding

09/04/2014

Johanna S.

Description of Work
Roof, ventilation, and insulation. They failed to honor the contract. When the estimator called me about one week after I signed the contract and told me he made an error of $600+ I said, "Then the contract is void, return my check, and write a new estimate". He wanted me to send an email saying it's okay to charge me more. I said no just return my check. Next day he calls saying the boss told him that they would still do the job and that the two of them would eat the cost. I reluctantly agreed. The error was made in the calculation of the cost of the Smart vent portion of the ventilation. When they installed the roof they didn't install the Smart vent. The contract also stated that the chutes for the insulation will be ran from the Smart vent to the ridge vent.

Category decks, gutter repair, roofing

06/16/2014

Gerard S.

We had a storm damage on the roof and the insurance company all paid for it. But, the company did a very good job.

Description of Work
Roofing Services: Repair after a storm damage.

Category roofing, siding

05/07/2014

Ruth W.

They were great. Our insurance covered the cost. They were really prompt, and thorough with handling everything with the insurance company so we didn't have to do anything. It was stress free, and the gutters are fantastic. They were quick to respond to come out for the estimate, they were quick to contact the insurance company on our behalf, and they provided quality service.

Description of Work
I used Action Roofing & Siding. They replaced our gutters that were damaged in hail.

Category gutter repair

12/15/2013

Ruth W.

We had hail damage form a storm in August and our gutters needed to be replaced. We have a very large roofline which requires gutters all the way around. They did a great job and the gutters are perfect with no leaking at the miters. |

Description of Work
I used Action Roofing & Siding

Category roofing, replacement windows

10/21/2013

Benita J.

I liked them a lot, but we went with somebody else. They are just roofers and we wanted somebody who could do roofing, windows and a skylight; that's why we chose not to use them. They came out to our house several times, but we did not get far enough into the process to get a bid.

Description of Work
I consulted with Action Roofing & Siding for roofing, windows and a new skylight.

Category roofing, replacement windows, skylights

05/01/2013

Patricia L. B.

They installed a new roof and they repaired ceilings in my living room and 2 of my bedrooms and they repaired my walls and they built a new back porch. They were here early and got the job done even though the weather was terrible. They were very professional and prompt. I am happy with the overall experience. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I had Action Roofing & Siding to come out and replaced my roof after a hail storm in March 2013.

Category decks, roofing

Outdoor Spaces Design & Build Co LLC

Specializing in decks. Custom design and build. Work with natural woods as well as composites. Licensed in Minnesota MN. License #BC689582. Additional Email - jayme@osdab.com.

MNemonic Design LLC

MNemonic Design is locally owned and operated out of Saint Paul, MN. We are dedicated to our craft and take exceptional care of our customers. We offer free estimates and would love to hear of your upcoming project. Call or click for an estimate today Specializing in all forms of Interior and exterior painting and enameling, small drywall, popcorn removal and ceiling texture.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Jonas Painting LLC

Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check, American Express, Financing Available

We install many types of roofs including asphalt/fiberglass shingles, wood shakes, composites and metal roofing, EPDM rubber, TPO and hot asphalt flat/slope roof coverings, siding options including vinyl, aluminum, steel, fiber cement and wood, seamless gutters and Leafaway gutter protection systems, replacement and new construction windows and doors, insulation, interior and exterior painting, storm damage restoration and many more remodeling services.