Tim Kunkel Electric LLC

Founded 2013 • With Angi since April 2013

We are a locally owned and operated full service electrical contractor. Located in Saint Paul, MN, we pride ourselves on high quality electrical installations with a focus on the future needs of our customers. We are highly skilled in troubleshooting and take our knowledge of what goes wrong into our installations. We see what issues arise and we wire our projects with the removal of those problems. We believe in high quality and pride in workmanship and don't cut corners....

Randy's Electric

You deserve a safe and reliable home. Get the job done right the first time with outstanding customer service from the Twin Cities top rated electrician. Outlets, fans, lighting, smoke detectors, switches, and service panels. Your full service electrician.

Offers by Randy's Electric on Angi
Harrison Electric Inc

14 Employees. No subs. Cost determined by the job. Travel charge applies. No extra charge for 24-hour emergency service (for existing customers only). Primary service area- Western & Northern suburbs of Minneapolis/St Paul including Hennepin, Anoka & Ramsey counties and parts of Sherburne county. All employees are background checked and drug tested.

Advantage Electric

At Advantage Electric, our team of experienced professionals takes pride in affordable electrical service and top-quality workmanship on residential, commercial and industrial properties. We proudly serve Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN and the surrounding suburbs. Don’t be shocked by the high prices and low quality of other electricians! Get it done right the first time with Advantage Electric. Are you building a new home or business, remodeling or putting in an addition? Are you interesting in upgrading your existing electrical system? We offer complete wiring services, including rewiring and electric repair. We are a full-service electric contractor, with no job too big or too small. We also offer same-day, emergency service for your convenience. Advantage Electric services include: -Wiring -Lighting -Phone and data -Safety analysis -Whole-house surge protection -Electrical repairs We are proud to be locally owned and operated. Our reputation is built on our superior craftsmanship and personalized service. We finish each job as if it were our own project and ensure the quality and professionalism that you deserve. Together, we’ll make certain that we’re both proud of the finished product. Please call Advantage Electric today for an estimate on your project!

07/03/2020

Tim has always answered my calls right away and been able to get in super quickly. He replaced the 60 amp breaker in our early 1900s house with a 200 amp breaker and addressed a lot of code and safety issues. He did everything in one day and cleaned up after himself. He's been quick to respond on subsequent jobs and has even helped me over the phone when I've done things myself. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Replaced our breaker box, redid some old wiring

01/06/2020

I called Tim to schedule some help. He told me to check all the QFC outlets in the house. One did need to be reset. That solved the problem.

Description of Work
I had four electrical outlets that did not work. The circuit breaker panel indicated no problems.

04/20/2018

Jack arrived on time, got to the work and wrapped up as estimated. He even listened to my jokes and laughed!

Description of Work
Install two Ring.com floodlight cameras

03/09/2018

Tim did an awesome job! Everything connected neat and tidily, sweeping up after himself and even putting an extra GFCI on the panel for free! Hired Tim to replace my service panel, upgrading it from 100 amps to 200 amps and get rid of my udersized, underpowered, improperly wired and unpermitted panel that came with the house. I also needed some specialized power (30amp NEMA twistlock) to go to my basement room which he was able to do for a reasonable price and whithin a reasonable timeframe. Everything looks great and no more blowing fuses!!! Nice to see someone who takes real pride in their work and business, it shows from the cool vans and stickers to the professional, clean and neat work he does. Would hire again! PICS before + after

Description of Work
Service Panel Upgrade

11/18/2017

Tim came right over and tested all the breakers. Within 15 minutes of arriving we discovered Xcel energy workers in our backyard that our neighbor had called. Tim was very nice about the mix up in what we thought the problem was and we would love to hire him in the future for our electrical needs.

Description of Work
We thought there was issues with our breakers because we were having spotty electric in our house.

08/18/2017

He uis timely and efficient but his Minimum is excessive much higher than others

Description of Work
Repair electric ckt

08/17/2017

So pleased with the work!! Timely arrival - courteous - friendly - knowledgeable! The job was described over the phone and I was given an estimate of how much time the job might take and the approximate cost. Job completed in record time and cost much less than I expected! I had previously received an estimate from a larger company for this job and it was 4 times what I just paid Tim! Thank you - thank you - THANK YOU!

Description of Work
Replaced two ceiling light fixtures. Added two wall sconces and an on/off switch to a lower level bedroom that previously had no wired light fixtures.

07/10/2017

Tim was very professional and completed the work in a timely manner. He cleaned up the area very well when he was done and it was a pleasurable experience all around. Will hire again if i need electrical work.

Description of Work
Add electrical outlet in closet for sump pump

07/06/2017

Jack came out and did a great job for us. Installed two floodlights in our backyard yard. Fixed and installed a new entryway light. Also had him install a doorbell outside even though that wasn't something I was expecting him to do. So needless to say he went above and beyond. Great working with them!

Description of Work
Install flood lights, entryway light.

06/07/2017

He was late one time. The surge protector was not cheap, some places charge a lot for them.

Description of Work
They put in some electrical outlets, added a surge protector to the panel and added 2 lights. He also put in 2 baseboard heaters. It was quite a bit of work.

Electrical Contractor