We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

THE SHED SHOP

Founded 1988 • With Angi since October 2007

2581 Brittany Lane

Saint Paul, MN 55125

The Shed Shop builds the only utility shed that compliments the style of your home. With ample overhangs, top notch trim accents along the roof line, gable ends, and corners, these buildings are built with style. The Shed Shop builds their door frames employing the same wood joinery found in fine

01/30/2021

Beau J.

Jessica and her team were great to work with. She was very professional, responsive, and knew her stuff. Her build team was punctual and the entire build took about five hours including clean up. I would definitely recommend The Shed Shop to anyone!

Description of Work
Shed built

Category garage builders

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we did! We really appreciate your support.

01/26/2021

Jeff P.

The process from start to finish was excellent. Working with Jessica on design issues was seamless… She was exceedingly professional and responsive to our questions. The construction crew was efficient, responsive to our questions, and finished the job in a day and a half. They cleaned up the site at the end and the result is a shed that is very attractive and well-built. I would definitely recommend this company!

Description of Work
Construction of a storage shed in the backyard.

Category garage builders

Thank you so much for your kind words! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.

07/16/2019

Christa H.

Jessica is very professional, knowledgeable, and responsive. She gave me great ideas on how to build the shop so it matched my house roof line. Matched my shingles and siding perfectly. Very pleased with the finished product. Chad and Gerard worked very hard and I could tell very quickly they knew what they were doing. Good craftsmen and I knew I made the right call hiring The Shed Shop. I work in Quality Control so I know how to inspect. I found no complaints which says a lot to me. The guys cleaned up each day and when all done not a single nail, shingle, or sliver of wood found laying in the job site. Jessica and her team are very good and I highly recommend them for a garage, shed, or whatever. Price- very reasonable! Thank you.

Description of Work
I needed a work shop and larger storage for lawn equip and such. Jessica and her team Chad and Gerard built a beautiful 400sq ft garage type shop in my back yard.

11/14/2018

Benjamin B.

From start to finish, working with The Shed Shop was a delight. After receiving a bid from the big box provider of sheds, I did one last search for a locally-owned option and found The Shed Shop. The process for registering for an estimate was quick and easy - I love that you could do it directly on their website. From there, my interactions with Jessica, who is the owner, began, and she was great to work with! She went above and beyond to help us understand what would be done, what our options were, and even ideas to help with some grading issues we identified around the location for the shed. When it came time for construction, Chad, the builder, was one of the best contractors I've worked with to date. He arrived right on time, was friendly and easy to talk to, and best of all, built an amazing shed. The quality and detail of the shed far exceeded what I was expecting, which that alone would lead me to want to work with them again. Add to that the great personality and friendliness of everyone I worked with, and pricing that beat the big box store option...what is there not to like about the Shed Shop?! If you are in the Minnesota/Wisconsin area, I would highly recommend you consider working with Jessica and the Shed Shop for your Shed needs

Description of Work
10'x12' Gable Standard Shed Construction

11/11/2017

PETER L.

From start to finished, the shed shop made it easy and did a excellent job! Initial process for me involved scheduling an onsite estimate, agree on built date which was couple weeks out, one full day to built the shed (2 people) and payment was done online with instant receipt.

Description of Work
Built 10x10 shed

10/07/2017

Eric S.

Communication was excellent and they arrived on the day they said they would. Very happy with my shed and its quality.

Description of Work
Built a 200 square foot shed onsite.

09/29/2017

Lea S.

Awesome job, Shed Shop!! This has been an excellent experience, start to finish. Your guys showed up on time (early even), and were fantastic! They have obviously built many sheds, they worked together like a well-oiled machine. Excellent quality and craftsmanship. We love it, thank you very much!!

Description of Work
10 X 12 Gable Deluxe Shed

04/20/2017

Martha T.

Terrific. Communication was excellent. I was given dates and schedule updates so knew exactly when the builders were coming and what prep needed to happen before they got here. Pricing was clear and Jessica went through the different options to make sure I got what I needed/wanted. She was thorough and very responsive when I emailed questions. Work crew came on one of the worst weather days in November (stuck to scheduled date) and completed the 8X12 shed in three hours. Best way to describe the build was choreography! Team of three hustled, knowing exactly what needed to be done. I watched the build. They never stopped moving! Again, horrible weather (snow, rain and wind) and they got it done. My siding guys refused to work that day but not The Shed Shop. Quality construction. So glad I followed the advice of other customers on Angie's List and hired The Shed Shop. Have recommended them to friends and family.

Description of Work
New Shed for Backyard. Wanted something sturdy that would last.

02/25/2017

Jeff M.

Awesome. Love the service and quality!

Description of Work
Put down class 5 and built a shed

01/27/2017

Keith R.

We couldn't be happier with the service we received from the people at The Shed Shop. The entire process went very smoothly, from placing the order through completion of the project. We've been through enough construction projects to know quality when we see it, and these guys were the best. The attention to detail was second to none.

Description of Work
Had a shed built.

09/27/2015

KARIN H.

Jessica is extremely responsive, professional and timely. She answered emails and calls in a very timely manner and had all the information I needed to prepare for the shed. When the crew came out, they told me exactly what I needed to do in order to prepare the site for the shed. The foreman even estimated the amount of gravel I needed more exactly than Menard's. I couldn't be more pleased with this company. It is very difficult to find reliable companies in the construction field, and this company surpassed every expectation that I had. I would definitely use them in the future. Their sheds are not only solid, they are super cute!!

Description of Work
Built a 20x10 shed, down at the bottom of a hill at the lakeshore.

07/21/2015

Patricia S.

Punctual Hard workers - never stopped or wasted time; owner a stickler to keep moving. Great, friendly office response to questions. Some anticipated construction components/ practices not employed in the building - maybe our fault for not being more specific (i.e. shingle drip edge, ice-water shield, building wrap); other components were a nice surprise like roof trusses. Worried a bit about worker safety on steep 10/12 pitch roof, but was amazed at workers' stamina and work attitude/ethic.

Description of Work
Built a 12 x 24 small storage building on a concrete slab for us. Installed a garage and utility door and two windows.

04/19/2015

Amy S.

We had a fantastic experience with The Shed Shop. The owner came out and assessed our property and helped us make the right decision for placement of our pad and type of shed. They came out and built it in one day. It went perfect. We would highly recommend them. The only negative was that they are very busy and you have to book far in advance. While it's a negative, I consider it a sign of a great business. They were definitely worth the wait.

Description of Work
We purchased a shed from them.

Category garage builders

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! Also thank you for being so patient when we were booked out so far, we really appreciate it. It is never easy to tell our customers that they have to wait for their new shed, if only there were more days in a week. Thanks again, Jessica Noaeill The Shed Shop

02/02/2015

Francis S.

The SheadShop arrived exactly on time, delivered and built a shed exactly to the description. The job was performed well, they cleaned up and kept me informed all the way ! Could not wish for anything more. Solid product & service !!

Description of Work
Delivered and built a garden shed exactly to my expectations !

01/17/2015

Patrick W.

The best part about his service was the understanding first of what I wanted to store, how I used the stuff I stored (e.g. zero turn motor largest item) and what I needed from the shed. It felt like the design effort up front was very personalized, even though I knew the sheds were not custom builds, but pre-fab'ed designs. Install was flawless. Less than 4 hours.

Description of Work
Reviewed what I wanted to store, how the layout would work best, and then chose the shed design based on what my needs were. Delivered and built shed in 1 day.

01/06/2015

alice L.

In less than two weeks after the initial visit, I had the old shed removed and JN came out with his crew to build the new one. I wanted the ramp and door to one side and an overhang to one side. I wanted shelving. I did not need a new foundation. They built the new shed on the old concrete foundation. They did a great job, material quality is excellent. It is a tightly sealed unit. The ramp to the door is slanted and snow is easily removed. Lock is very good quality. Hooks on doors are easy to use so doors don't blow around. I am happy to pay the price for such quality and prompt service.

Description of Work
JN came to give me an estimate and find out what I wanted. He explained all my options and we decided on the design of my shed. He said I would have to hire someone else to remove old shed.

10/28/2014

Melissa W.

We chose this installer due to good reviews on Angie's List - the reviewers were right, we couldn't have been more pleased. The price seemed quite reasonable & comparable to others that I found online. The woman who came to evaluate our site & give an estimate was extremely informative & helpful (I think this is a family business and she is a co-owner). She was easily reached by phone and/or email & the job was done exactly on budget. The workers arrived on time, worked like a well oiled machine, assembled the whole shed in less time than they had estimated & cleaned the area before they left. I really couldn't have expected a better result. THANK YOU ShedShop - it was a pleasure doing business with you.

Description of Work
We had them build a 10' x 12' shed with a door, window and loft.

Category garage builders

Hi Member, It was a pleasure working with you! Thanks so much for taking the time to go through your experience from site visit to shed completion. Have a great summer! Jessica Noaeill The Shed Shop

10/22/2014

Carla M.

Initial consultation was good, walked me through some options for the shed and we looked at the placement of it in the backyard. On day of build, they called to confirm the configuration. Built the shed in no time at all, looks great, very sturdy. My only disappointment is that they said they would match the shingles on the house and they didn't. Our house shingles are gray and the shed was built with brown shingles.

Description of Work
Built a 10X12 shed

Category garage builders

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! Jessica Noaeill The Shed Shop

09/26/2014

Keith J.

They did a good job at a good price. They installed the shed as agreed upon. They followed the city ordinances and told us what we need to do ahead of time to prepare the area for the shed including, cutting down trees, buying cement blocks, and getting the permit through the city. They arrived on time and did a good job installing and caulking the shed. They had to cut some additional tree branches we missed upon installing and they did not charge us extra for that. Jessica Noaeill and their crew were a pleasure to work with. I recommend getting their Gable Deluxe Shed model over their Standard model because it has higher walls, nicer accent wood trim, such as arched wood trim doors, graduated roof line, and fascia accents.

Description of Work
Installed a 10x14x10 Gable Deluxe Shed

Category garage builders

Hi Member, We appreciate you taking the time to grade our performance. Have a great summer! Thanks, Jessica Noaeill The Shed Shop

09/22/2014

Richard S.

This family owned business "The Shed Shop" can only be rated as "Totally Superb" from start to finish. Working with Jessica from the beginning to the end was totally amazing . . . she is extremely knowledgeable about their products and is extremely patient working with customers like myself who have a thousand questions about building a shed. It was such a pleasure working with Jessica during the whole process. The day the shed was built can only be described as totally amazing. Tim and Chad arrived on time and had the shed built from scratch in about 6 1/2 hours . . . they were fascinating to watch . . . there was not a wasted movement from either one of them the entire day . . . it was unbelievable. They were totally professional and cleaned up the whole area when they were finished. The Shed Shop uses high quality material and high quality workmanship . . . they can't be beat !! The city building inspector said that the Shed Shop did an outstanding job building a quality shed, inside and out. Also, our neighbors have commented about how great this shed looks and how well it's built. All in all we would highly recommend The Shed Shop to anyone who is having a shed built . . . They are wonderful !!!

Description of Work
Built a 12 X 14 Deluxe Shed on site.

Category garage builders

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! It was a pleasure working with you and I hope you are thoroughly enjoying your new shed! Jessica Noaeill The Shed Shop

08/07/2014

Matt M.

The Shed Shop is nothing short of awesome! Working with Jessica to select our shed and schedule the build-date was fast and easy. Our build date was originally scheduled for 8/27 but they were able to move us up to 8/6 which was great. The crew showed up on time and was professional and courteous. Our build took about 5 hours and was fun to watch. They were very systematic and clearly professionals that know what they're doing. The final product looks outstanding inside and out. I cannot wait to paint it and landscape it in! My only negative comment is on the ramp leading out of the shed. This was a $150 upgrade and all it is is some pressure treated 2X6's nailed together. The low end of the ramp doesn't even sit flush with the ground leaving rough sawn edges showing. I could have made this myself in about 10 minutes with $15 worth of materials. I will certainly recommend them to anyone needing a utility building in their backyard!

Description of Work
On-site construction of 10' X 10' gable-roofed tool/garden/utility shed.

Category garage builders

Hi Member, Thanks so much for your positive review! It was a pleasure working with you. The ramps are built square, so if the grade isn't level where the end of the ramp sits it will not sit perfectly flush with the grade across the width of the ramp. Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions concerning it. We'd love to see a picture after painting and landscaping! Thank you, Jessica Noaeill

08/05/2014

MISHA L.

The guys that did the work showed up on time, constructed the shed, and cleaned up the site in less than a day. They were polite and professional, and even put up with our loud dogs barking at them without complaint. If you ever need a shed, I would highly recommend The Shed Shop!

Description of Work
Constructed an 8x8 barn style shed in our back yard.

Category garage builders

Hi Member! Glad to hear everything went great! We are all dog lovers here so I'm sure it was no problem :) Enjoy your new shed! Jessica Noaeill

07/07/2014

MARK G.

The Shed Shop was great to work with. I dealt with Jessica with all the details until the day of building and she was always quick to respond and answered all my questions promptly. She is very knowledgeable about the design process as well as any other building or structural elements. The building process went very smoothly. It was built in hours. These guys obviously know what they are doing.

Description of Work
Constructed and 8x10 shed in our back yard

Category garage builders

Hi Member, It was a pleasure working with you to design this building. Enjoy your new space! Jessica Noaeill

06/17/2014

Tina B.

Jessica worked with me to ensure my shed would meet my needs. The crew was punctual and cleaned up the job site when they were done. The shed is even nicer than I was expecting.

Description of Work
Built 10x12 deluxe gable shed on site in my back yard.

Category garage builders

Thank you for taking the time to grade our performance and your overall experience! It is much appreciated. Jessica Noaeill

05/23/2014

Connie S.

I am so happy with this company, their service, and their product. My metal shed collapsed under the weight of the melting snow a couple of months ago. I called and left a message for Jessica who returned my call 5 minutes later and this was on the weekend! Her father came to the house and gave me an estimate to remove the old shed a build one that would look much better and be up to the city code. (The old shed was too close to the property line). He was very nice and professional. The snow was still on the ground so we scheduled the work for late May. Two men came on the day planned, one of them is the husband of Jessica. They got right to work, had the old shed removed and the new one built in less than 5 hours. They were very nice and cleaned up after themselves. My new shed looks great, and they even matched the shingles to the ones on my house. Loved working with a family owned and run company. I would recommend them with no reservations!

Description of Work
removed an old metal shed and built a10 x 10 wood shed