T G PETERSON CONSTRUCTION LLC

Saint Paul, MN 55106

General Contractor...

04/22/2016

Mike T.

Very professionally. Well organized. Professionally done by company and the subs hired by TG. Workmanship was excellent. Workers were great to work with. No surprises. Helped us with product selection with competitive price points. We appreciated the experience of Tod and Steve.Gave us excellent advice before as well as during construction process. Helped us with some "handy man projects" as well. We felt very comfortable with the process while we were not at home during work. Neat, clean, and respected our home during the 5 week construction process.

Description of Work
Remodeled bathroom. Removed complete bathroom, installed heated flooring, all fixtures, flooring, painted walls, helped us with material selection, and did the job on time, on budget, and to our complete satisfaction

10/13/2015

Michael K.

Steve began work remodeling the bathroom of the 2nd floor apartment. The quality of work was fantastic and Tod did an excellent job keeping me informed of progress and issues that arose. When new plumbing was required for code, Tod was able to get the work done immediately and didn't cause much of a delay in the project. Steve's work was so great that we decided to bring him back in to help us finish up the remodel of this apartment. He helped us finish the kitchen in an extremely efficient manner, saving us a lot time. His experience was very valuable here as he offered advice on certain things like the soffit design to hide significant plumbing. This greatly improved the design of the kitchen and it turned out great. We would not have been able to meet our project deadlines without Steve's help. Tod and Steve were also able to help with a last minute bathroom issue on the first floor that required new framing in the basement, new subfloor and new flooring. I appreciate their flexibility in getting this done so quickly and the feedback I got from the tenants is that their work looked great! I wouldn't hesitate to use T G Peterson Construction for any project in the future!

Description of Work
Bathroom update - pulling old tub, window, subfloor. Moved toilet to new location, installed new shower, installed new block window to above shower to replace existing window and installed new flooring. Ran all new plumbing from city service to upstairs apartment. Kitchen - Install new cabinets, counter tops, hang door, trim kitchen, windows, living room, build soffit around kitchen plumbing.

Category contractors, countertops, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, home remodeling

Hi [Member name removed], Thanks for your confidence in hiring us for your recent project. As always, we appreciate the work and look foward to working with you in the future! Sincerely Staff & Crew at T G Peterson Construction LLC

09/07/2015

Pat O.

The overall job went very well and was completed over a three week period. The estimate we received was detailed and 'insurance' ready which allowed that end to process smoothly. The few upgrades we requested were accommodated. Tod's crew members were prompt, courteous, professional and diligent. Due to the type of project A work schedule was not presented on the front end, but communicated clearly as things progressed. Communication was very good through email & cell phone.

Description of Work
Repair structural damage due to a plumbing leak. Work included: sheet rocking, taping, mudding, painting, electrical, plumbing, vinyl flooring, carpeting

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

06/04/2015

Phillip S.

First off, TG Peterson was one of three estimates and all were Angie's list companies. Tod did a really good job understanding our needs for the project and working with us regarding the overall project cost. Prior to excepting the bid, he came out a second time to answer our questions a second time. We were made aware of some potential issues with electric, which wouldn't be known until the plaster removal. Steve and Bill started the project as planned with the removal of the plaster, but as with all projects on older homes, we of course had some electrical repair needed. Steve and Bill completed the removal of the old plaster and cleaned up the kitchen. It was as if they were never there. Tod recommended Qualified Electric to do the work. Rodger Dickey came out and visited with me and looked over the job, basically, the kitchen needed to be re-wired and brought up to code. Because we had additional electrical needs for the appliances, we had that also completed at the same time. All work stopped on the construction part of the project until the wiring could be completed. Rodger's quote was less than we expected for the work required, $2,500.00. Rodger and his son completed the entire wiring project the same day, and will be returning to connect the appliances. If an ything, we have peace of mind that we have no electrical worries. Steve returned to install the plasterboard and start the finish work. This took several days to complete, but he was always on time and when finished each day cleaned the floors and counters. We really appreciated the time and patience of TG Peterson Construction and Qualified Electric and the work they completed on the kitchen. My previous kitchens I've remodeled I have used the bid box stores to purchase and install the cabinets, flooring, counters, and appliances and have had contractors do any remodeling needs. I believe I would have made a better choice to have had the entire project under TG Peterson.

Description of Work
Remove kitchen ceiling and facia, and replaced with new ceiling

05/13/2015

Manish P.

They were okay. They just gave us an estimate. I probably won't use them again.

Description of Work
They gave us an estimate.

Category garage builders

It appears this post should be deleted: it isn't accuate & the same customer posted a second one that is! Your attention to this mater is appreciated. TOD PETERSON

04/14/2015

Katie W.

Several mistakes were made through this process such as a dresser drawer broken and a corner of wall was chipped. I could also see the old paint through one coat of new paint in a bedroom and the wall behind the toilet was not painted. These items were eventually fixed but only after I made multiple requests. Tod Peterson however denied that any of the issues was his responsibility such as stating that the drawer was already broken. As for the paint, I had to point out numerous spots were you could see the old paint, he maintained he couldn't see the problem, and eventually said he'd have another coat put on just to please me even though it wasn't necessary. Then there was one more thing. My daughter had just bought a new pink training bra that had been sitting on the top of the broken dresser drawer that had been pulled out for them to fix. That evening the bra was missing. I mentioned this to Tod stating I didn't know where it went but I wanted him to know in case it was one of his workers. He smiled and nonchalantly dismissed the notion stating that did not happen. In all honesty it was his completely flippant reaction that I found most odd.

Category plumbing, remodeling, interior painters

03/20/2015

Brooke R.

It went great they had it done in one day

Description of Work
They put a new roof on our House

01/20/2015

Margaret H.

Provided a professional bid and contract for the project. Then conducted the work in accordance with the contract. Work was performed in a professional manner, on time and with very good quality. We would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Removed an exterior door and closed the opening. This included matching exterior siding and painting. Also removed and closed an interior opening including sheetrock taping and painting.

Category drywall, siding, home remodeling, interior painters

06/23/2014

Charles W.

They discovered some rotten wood which called for a replacement and they also made a determination that i also need anew floor put in the bathroom. They were professional, confident, timely and did well at a minimum price.

Description of Work
They repaired the floor in the first floor bathroom and toilet with ceramic tiles.

Category flooring contractor

04/28/2014

Beth C.

We called 10 providers, and Tod was able to come over same day! He made three trips to get the right ladder and then to get a secure piece of flashing to pin the old piece with -- our roof is really tall (old house, attic level), and he was determined. He gave us good advice on how to treat this old aluminum siding in the near future. He was really like a knight in shining armor, coming out the same day and fixing this dangerous situation. IN THE POURING RAIN!! I can't say enough good things ! Wow!

Description of Work
In the strong winds and storms, a large piece of flashing fell off our roof and was flapping around, threatening an upstairs window or the neighbors if it flew off!

Category handyman service

10/29/2013

Nancy C.

Tod is a professional man of integrity, creativity, detail and patience; and a good sense of humor when his customers make changes, deletions or additions. This excellence in leadership is reflected in all of the people that work for and with TG Peterson. His bid was on time and detailed. The on-site labor force were all intelligent, articulate, polite, and neatly groomed people. Like Tod, when we were debating changes, they offered their own creative ideas. This was the largest project we've done in 20 years and we were gently guided throughout the process. As much as they could, they minimized dust and dirt in our home during the remodel (we lived off-site while the work was done). There was an unexpected 2-day delay - caused by blacktopping - and last minute requests by us ( the homeowners), but they finished within the time allotted. We share one common wall with our neighbors and rather than complain, they told us how wonderful all the working crews were.

Description of Work
An overall, general remodel of the main floor: 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, living/dining room and major hallway which included ... wood, carpet, and ceramic flooring, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, sheet-rocking, interior window in one bathroom, new interior doors, re-construction of walls and doorways, pocket doors, steamer in one bathroom shower, 6' tub in one bathroom, vanities, and cabinetry.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

10/24/2013

Michael S.

Overall my experience was positive. Tod is very professional and was by far the more responsive contractor we met with. His proposal was clear and included a calendar/timeline although the project didn't always line up to this timeline. Our remodel started on the date Tod indicated but went longer then the three week timeframe outlined due to a couple fixes that needed to take place. Had these been unnecessary the project would have finished right on time. The Supervisor Steve was in one word AWESOME. If we could have Steve complete the whole project, I'd rank this an A+. Unfortunately, he was pulled for other projects TG Petersen was working on (no different then any other construction firm) TGP finished a 1500 sq ft basement including new ceilings, can lighting, custom lighting over pool table, new wall and double doors for bedroom and egress window. I elected to do the painting, which Tod was more than flexible with which was great.

Description of Work
Remodeled basement - added wall , door and egress window as well as added new ceiling in new bedroom, family room and rec room

Category drywall, electrician, egress windows, basement remodeling

08/26/2013

Carole M.

We can't say enough good things about our experience working with Tod and his team. We are thrilled with the design, quality of work and feel the price was very fair. We started by going to Angie's list and finding five contractors in our area that had received A ratings. We had a budget in mind of $70K. After meeting all five, and receiving bids on the work, the choice was really quite easy. Many were good, but Tod stood out as someone we felt had the experience, professionalism, and price competitiveness that we were looking for. On the subject of pricing, I really appreciated that while others submitted high dollar bids, and then tried to start large scale negotiations, Tod simply came in with what he said would be his best price. Also, his bid did not include a crazy number of allowances that I suspect would all fall short of what was needed to cover the work - creating an expensive and unpleasant surprise at end of project. Tod also did a great job of working with sub contractors and suppliers to manage expenses - on our behalf. Tod's crew were professional. They were prompt, clean and did high quality work. They were incredibly accommodating, and many developed friendships with the family. In speaking with different members of Tod's crew, I would hear stories of the many many years the painters, and tile men, electricians, framing engineers, etc. have worked with Tod. They all share a high level of respect for one another and work together extremely well. The entire project was managed as scheduled, and Tod would provide timely updates describing the next set of activities. Mid way through the project, we threw Tod a major curveball by changing our original plan to include the removal of a wall between our great room and dining area. Removing the wall would require repositioning electrical, getting additional permits, structural repairs, as well as repairs to the floor, ceiling and remaining walls. Rather than be frustrated with the major change (which he had every right to be) Tod said that his number one objective was to make sure his customer is happy - and if that meant making changes to the project's scope, he was committed to do everything he could to make it successful. Since the completion of our project, friends and family have raved about the work. In fact, after seeing the finished work, and hearing our glowing reports, family friends have recently began a similar project with Tod. We are now thinking about future projects we can work through TG Peterson.

Description of Work
TG Peterson did a remodel on our home, including main floor kitchen and dining areas, entrance, and mudroom, as well as putting in a second kitchen and bar in our basement. The main floor kitchen work consisted of installing new maple cabinets, new appliances, new lighting, new granite counter tops and backsplash, refinishing our ceiling and existing wood floors and painting. The new appliances also required the moving of gas, electricity and water lines. Also we removed a partial wall that separated our kitchen and dining areas from our great room for a more open concept feel. Work in the mud room included repositioning our pantry cabinets, replacing the existing linoleum with tile, replacing the original ceiling and painting. Work in the basement included new knotty alder cabinets, a two level bar with granite counter tops all around, engineered hand scraped walnut flooring, ceiling and under cabinet lighting, sink and faucet.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, drywall, electrician, remodeling, home remodeling

05/04/2013

Barry V.

Overall, Tod and his team did a great job of not only meeting but exceeding out needs. His design incorporated all of our must haves in our new bathroom and layed them out in a functional way. He was patient with us as we asked for changes from the original work order and made sure that we got what we wanted in the end. Our home is very old and as a result we ran in to some set backs that delayed the project. However, Tod was able to react to these surprises and clearly communicated our options to work through them. In the end, we are extremely happy with our new bathroom and closets.

Description of Work
Design and construction of bathroom and closets including removing walls and reframing the exterior.

04/18/2013

Mike H.

I think they are reliable they kind of suggested ways to reduce the price in order to stay within the budget. They were very professional and they really do good work. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I had T G Peterson Construction LLC to install a hardwood floor in my home 3 weeks ago.

Category hardwood floor

12/20/2012

Christine L.

Tod arrived right on time for our appointment. He spent about half an hour walking through the house and gave great advice on different options for the projects we have in mind. He was very thorough and knowledgeable. We definitely plan to call Tod for a formal estimate when we are ready to go forward with our projects.

Description of Work
We are in the early stages of planning some remodeling projects. We asked Tod Peterson to give us some rough estimates so we can think about a budget.

Category remodeling

10/24/2012

PAM C.

Left 3 messages asking for an estimate to remodel a bathroom and never heard back from them. I guess they don't need any work

Description of Work
None, because they never returned any of my calls

07/18/2012

jean M.

They came promptly, gave good estimates, and were very courteous. However, I had to postpone the work

Description of Work
They provided an estimate for remodeling a bathroom.

06/12/2012

Charles W.

They did a beautiful job. I liked the thoroughness of their work and that their price was reasonable. Once I had a bid from them, which I thought was acceptable, I proceeded to sign the contract and give them a down payment for services. Then I had to wait for their schedule to clear before they could actually get in to do the work. They were very punctual.

Description of Work
T G PETERSON CONSTRUCTION LLC just finished some bathroom work for me. They replaced some door trim and did that very well. There was some rotted wood adjacent to the stool and they cut that out and replaced it reset the stool. Based upon their recommendation we put in new flooring with them.

Category flooring contractor, plumbing, home remodeling

03/22/2012

Duane H.

It was easy to get the estimate, the work was done on schedule, and at the price estimated. All personnel involved were professional and helpful.

Description of Work
Repair the rim joist on the foundation.

Category foundation repair

09/19/2011

kristine K.

the overall experience was very good. i love using my shower once again!

Description of Work
the curb on my shower needed repair. over the winter the curb had shifted and cracks appeared in my grout allowing water to seep in and cause damage. he removed the shower door. he took off the tiles, cleaned out the improper 'glue' used to adhere the tiles(which we think was the cause of the problem) and replaced the tiles using the proper concrete base mix, and finally, put the shower door back on.

Category ceramic tile

09/08/2011

TRAVIS L.

We had TG Peterson remodel our kitchen in 2007 (~$50K for kitchen and other work in home). We were very satisfied with their work at the time. Recently, we needed to replace our dishwasher. We discovered that the routing of the water piping at the rear of the dishwasher location interfered with newer dishwasher designs. We consulted with TG Peterson who quickly proposed a solution and arranged for the resolution of the interference issue. In addition, to resolving the intereference issue with the plumbing, they verified that the new dishwasher would fit. I am very impressed by TG Peterson' willingness to stand behind their original work and their responsiveness to my needs. Four years after their original work we are still very satisfied with their workmanship.

Description of Work
Original Work - Kitchen Remodeling Follow-up Work - Re-routing water plumbing

09/07/2011

Shelly Ann M.

I used an Angie's List $99 coupon and paid an additional $138 for more work. They were very good and I told them what I wanted done when they came out. I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used TG Peterson Construction to replace shower handles and other pieces. I supplied the parts and they installed them. They also put in shut off valves going into the shower area. They also checked several other plumbing issues for me.

Category handyman service, home remodeling

05/21/2011

Tracy S.

Their quote was $35000 for that work. They have only 4 employees in total and so most of the work is contracted out and I was not sure if they would be able to stick to a schedule. It took forever for them to get back with the quote.

Description of Work
T G Peterson Construction LLC came out in February this year and gave me a quote for remodeling.

Category countertops, drywall, electrician, handyman service, hardwood floor, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Dear Member, Thank you for the opportunity for our firm to come out and give you a proposal for your recent kitchen renovation project. I'd like to share with you and other Angie's List members the process from which the proposal you received is created. From the initial job site meeting, the time is taken to gather as many of the details of the proposed project you have in mind as possible. Our office creates a full set of detailed plans (existing & proposed) from which the proposal is created. Our firm does not charge for this service as it is included in the proposal. This is in the effort to keep costs down for our potential customers. We strive to make the proposal as detailed as possible for you as a potential customer to know what the bid includes. This is why a project of your scope is very time consuming. Hopefully, this sheds some light on why you thought receiving the proposal took forever! For the customers/clients that choose our firm for their project, in one of the pre-construction meetings, a hard copy of a "construction schedule" & "selection schedule" is thoroughly gone over regarding how the work will be completed. The selection schedule is for the client to verify the products being specified so the project maintains the "construction schedule". We appreciate your comments and are continually striving to improve our services! Sincerely, TOD PETERSON President

05/18/2011

Shelly Ann M.

Their price was reasonable. They were the only company who gave me a detailed proposal. The other companies just gave the figure. I have had contractors who have not given detailed proposal and I have not liked the product. I appreciate T G Peterson Construction LLC. They were very good. They kept me informed in advance if there was a change in order. They split the payments up reasonably. They were very responsive to my requests and questions. They came over an additional day to see things over and point out ho things would be done; which I really appreciate. I would use them in the future. I would call them for another project.

Description of Work
I used T G Peterson Construction LLC to get the whole bathroom redone including taking out the old tub.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, insulation, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters