Roof to Deck Restoration

Founded 1995 • With Angi since April 2002

Minnesota

365 Webster St

Saint Paul, MN 55102

We clean, stain and restore exterior wood such as decks, fences, porches, and cedar shake roofs. We design and install Christmas and Event Lighting. During the winter months we remove Ice Dams from roofs. We carry $2,000,000 in liability insurance. We are certified in wood restoration by the Power Washers of North America and have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. Additional phone line is 763-559-1832. DBA- Renew Services, Inc., RTD Ice Dam Removal, RTD Power Washing, RTD Services, RTD Snow Plowing, Roof to Deck Decoration. Additional phone number- 1-877-687-3639...

4.4

4.2

deck cleaning (296)pressure washing (113)roof snow removal (72)decks & porches (60)roof cleaning (49)house painting (21)holiday decorating (17)gutter cleaning (11)roofing (9)fence company (6)playground equipment installation (4)siding companies (3)

11/11/2021

Vicky S.

f you are going to have deck work done by this company don't do it!!!! We (husband and I) have a cedar deck that I wanted cleaned and stained again, and the back of our home power washed. The power wash of the back of the home was fine. But when it came to our deck...it was horrible. In the quote they stated it would cost $389 to power wash the back of the house and approximately $3,700 to do the deck. The quote said they would have to sand the deck floor and stairs because they wouldn't be able to power wash the old stain off, then they would power wash the deck, they then would paint the vertical surfaces of the deck, and stain the floor of the deck and stairs. The deck was built in 2015. We allowed it to sit for one year. We then sanded the deck with a rented wood floor sander and palm sander using 60 and 80 grit paper. We then stained it with Sikkens cedar color stain from Hirshfields (oil based). We did the same thing in 2018. I will attach a photo of how nice it looked. Roof to Deck came in and scratched and gouged the deck with their orbital sanders. Then they stained the deck floor while it was in the condition of being scratched/gouged. We called and complained. Rick, the manager, called us back and stated he would come look at it. He came over within 24 hours and said the wood was definitely gouged from the sander. He would have someone else come and sand the deck. I stated he needed to have someone who knew what they were doing. It took a few days because of the rain and allowing the deck to dry, but he sent a new crew. They didn't know what they were doing as It looks the same as the first time. We had complained about the paint job on the deck too. They first crew painted the deck. Rick told us it was done with Resilience Paint from Sherwin Williams. Roof to Deck said they couldn't put new stain on the deck w/o sanding it? Guess what, they did nothing when they put the new paint over the old oil-base stain. In some areas the old reddish stain can be seen through the paint. In other areas where the workers hit the painted areas with their feet or tools, the paint just peeled away. Rick never offered any remedy for that. We left a message and asked them what they were going to do. We had paid $2,100 already to them. We said we weren't going to pay the other portion until it was done correctly. We received a reply from 'Maddy' that she would inform accounting not to charge us the second portion. She also said the stain manufacturer does not recommend 'fine sanding' so they couldn't help us any further. (We did not request fine sanding-we wanted the sanding to be done correctly.) I thanked them for not charging us the rest of the money and also stated that the workers did put in many hours....but they didn't know what they were doing. So we basically spent $2,100 for them to power wash the back of our house and screw up our deck. I spent 12 hours, over three days, palm sanding the deck floor using 40 grit (we needed to take off more of the top wood to get most the scratches and gouges out), 60 grit and 80 grit sandpaper. We are not able to stain the deck floor now because it is too cold. In the spring someone will have to be hired to properly prep the deck for paint and stain. Then it will have to be stained and painted again. The real kicker is we this was the last thing we were to have done before putting our house on the market. BBB has an A rating for this company. When I went back into BBB to read how they got an A rating, it was for their power washing jobs. We are now deciding if we want to go through small claims court to get all our money back, other than the $389 for the power washing the back of the house.

Description of Work
Back of house power washed, deck cleaned and re-stained (both to prepare for sale of home)

Category decks,deck cleaning,pressure washing,house painters

Work Completed On 10/15/2021

Review for Roof to Deck Restoration - 365 Webster St, Saint Paul, MN - 39539988

04/27/2021

Tim C.

Worst company ever do not waste your money on this company. Your deck will look terrible. The stain all peels off in less then a year. The owner does not stand behind his work. Just read the other reviews on line.

Description of Work
Stain our deck

Category decks,deck cleaning

Work Completed On 05/13/2020

09/19/2020

Kaye M.

What an excellent company to work with. Very professional from the person doing the quote, to the person whom cleaned the deck and the person whom applied the stain. Cleaned up very well. Better than I could do. Was done in a timely manner. The people were great in answering all my questions. Would highly recommend this company and will be using them again.

Description of Work
Stained my deck

Category deck cleaning,pressure washing

Work Completed On 09/19/2020

07/06/2020

Moises C.

Great service! Super professional, and it looks great!

Description of Work
Wash and paint deck

Category decks,deck cleaning,pressure washing

Work Completed On 06/25/2020

06/25/2020

Sara H.

Cleaning was great. Staining not good. Uneven application. Also didn’t clean up - left plastic used to protect patio and moved rocks out of my landscaping to hold the plastic down and didn’t put them back. No follow up after the job was complete. To be fair I haven’t called them. But for $1500 I shouldn’t have to complain - need to work on quality of work. Not sure if I’ll hire them again.

Description of Work
Deck cleaning and stain

Category decks,deck cleaning

Work Completed On 04/27/2020

05/07/2020

Kevin K.

Got a visit quite soon, but have not heard back with a quote yet. I would like to get going on the project and am wondering if I need to contact other vendors. I feel like I've been forgotten. I had to give a "would you hire again" answer and overall grade to submit this review, but they are really not applicable at this point.

Description of Work
Deck stripping or sanding and refinishing

Category mudjacking

Work Completed On 04/28/2020

09/23/2019

Martha W.

They did an excellent job of cleaning the roof. We had it sealed to prevent further discoloration. The reason I am submitting a poor review is a total lack of follow-up. They guarantee the work, but do not follow up on this guarantee. 2 years after they did the cleaning, the discoloration has come back. Through many emails and phone conversations, they either tell us that it is moss, which it isn't, or they explain that the sealant could not have caused the problem, which we were not claiming. Someone finally came out and cleaned it. But I have no idea what they did and if it will last. My letter to them went unanswered.

Description of Work
roof cleaning

Category roof cleaning

Work Completed On 08/01/2017

08/21/2019

Craig M.

To start with, they have maintained my deck for the last 20 years, and the results have always been good enough to go back. They have always been slow in sealing after power washing, but sometimes that's weather related. This year, it took them 13 days (including weekends) between the 2, and we had no rain for that stretch of time, so it could have been done much sooner (they say they need at least a couple days between for the wood to dry out). This year, however, the completed job was horrible. There is a foot section at the end of each board that is darker than the rest of the boards. It looks like much less stain was applied in the middle than around the edges. I thought it mind end up blending in, but it hasn't. It's extremely noticeable and looks incredibly sloppy. A novice would have done a better job. To top it off, they killed grass in multiple spots on my lawn with spilled stain - both by the deck and by the truck. I've never had such an unprofessional job performed by them in the past, and it's very disappointing. I contacted them twice to make them aware and to see what could be done to fix it and received no response. Because of that, I am regretfully posting this negative review. It's a shame that 20 years of loyalty can be ruined by one bad episode.

Description of Work
Deck wash and resurfacing

Category deck cleaning

Work Completed On 06/28/2019

We are very disappointed to hear about the Mr. [Member Name Removed]'s experience this year with us. As he noted, he has been a long time customer and we pride ourselves on the number of returning customers we have year after year. We have tried contacting Mr. [Member Name Removed] several times at different times of the day in the hopes of reaching the customer to resolve the matter. We had no record of him contacting us to alert us of his concerns. All of what he details in his review are easily fixable and we would be more than happy to correct the situation as soon as we hear back from the customer.

06/27/2019

LAURA W.

It went great. They power washed the deck and afterwards it looked like new. The person that came out to stain it did a very professional job. We will use them again if we need the deck re-stained or if there are problems.

Description of Work
Our deck is 15 years old and need refinishing and there was also damage from past storms

Category deck cleaning,pressure washing

Work Completed On 06/27/2019

02/14/2019

Jeremy G.

Hired Roof to Deck based on good reviews on Angie's plus media exposure on local TV. I got right through to someone and they were able to get me in right away to remove my ice dams. She assured me that their rate of $550/hour is on the norm, and is cheaper than some. This is where things went downhill. They showed up and said they wouldn't be able to actually go up on the roof to de-ice the roof and the nozzle on their pressure gun was only about 18" long. So a guy's arm length plus 18" is all the farther they could reach. Seems like actually going on the roof should be a requirement to properly removing ice dams? The house has an interesting roofline that you can't actually get to most of the dams without leaving the comfort of the ladder. Unfortunately they wouldn't budge on that, so I had them do what they could within their 1 hour minimum and then hit the road. I called and vented my frustrations to office staff and they were willing to waive the 1 hr requirement, but at that point, it was almost 1 hr, so I let them just go. Called another Angie's List rated company and they are able to go on the roof and are considerably cheaper per hour.

Description of Work
Ice dam removal

Category roof snow removal

Work Completed On 02/14/2019

Clean, Stain & Restore Exterior Wood Such - Decks, Fences, Gazebos, Play Systems, Porches, Cleaning - Asphalt & Cedar Roofs, House Washing, Gutter Cleaning, Christmas & Event Lighting, Ice Dams.

Build Decks & Fences. Roof Installs.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check