ProScapes

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

1:00 PM - 5:00 PM

3401 Highway 55

Saint Paul, MN 55121

A garden should enrich your life and be a place to laugh, contemplate and reflect. ProScapes is a landscape design company who creates gardens that are sensitive to their surrounding environment, the architecture they offset, and the people who use them. ProScapes creates outdoor living spaces that offer a lasting, integrated connection between people and their home, garden and pool. For ProScapes, a home’s outdoor space provides an opportunity to expand the living environment in a way that instils a sense of belonging to nature – and expresses our clients’ place in it. To us, this space is not an add-on to a residence, but a beautiful, functional, seamless transformation of it. So whether you’re located in Minnetonka, Eagan, Woodbury or somewhere in between, we’d be happy to work with you on your specific needs. Contact our team today to learn more about how we can help with your residential landscape project. We look forward to hearing from you....

lawn & landscaping (169)mulch delivering (34)hardscaping (26)stone & gravel (17)Patios (3)lawn care (20)tree service (12)hauling (5)masonry (3)decks & porches (3)

10/20/2020

Dale T.

How did it go? It was one of the best, well-run projects we've ever had done. Brian presented excellent ideas on what we may want to consider, then skillfully executed on the plan from there. Brian and the entire crew with Environmental Design are top notch, second to none. Years back, we hired Brian and Team to complete a major front-yard project. It went so well, we didn't think twice about hiring Environmental Design again. Our first and only call was to Brian! Brian, due to his background and expertise at what he does, makes the process "enjoyable" and "care-free". Brian starts a project when he says he will and completes the project right on time. His estimating, layout and project planning and execution skills are excellent. Brian is also a very, very, very nice person to work with at all times. Same with his Team. No surprise they've been together for a long time. While placing boulders, the team is expert and very precise. They performed that task for both the front and back yard projects. They care for your existing yard, by placing plywood down while entering and exiting the property. They clean the site daily, to ensure you're well taken care of at all times. They begin project days right on time (very consistent and predictable), which we appreciated. Plant selection (to ensure one will have color all year long) and layout/presentation of those plants is an excellent skill Brian and Environmental Design possess. They also recommended and we acted on it, a dripline irrigation system which runs right off the automated system. Press a button and all the plants are watered on the hillside!!! So glad we did that. We'd HIGHLY recommend you call Brian/Environmental Design, for a project large or small. You'll be so glad you did!

Description of Work
Expert advice and recommendations for a major landscape for the back yard, then completion of the project.

Category landscaping,mulch,hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/20/2020

09/26/2020

Nabeel A.

Brian (owner/designer) and his team did an excellent job and really exceeded our expectations. We wanted to plant some new trees, redo and expand two beds in the backyard, and clean up the landscaping around the boarders of the house. Brian was quick to respond. He is extremely knowledgable and clearly passionate about his work. He had really great ideas about the types of trees, grasses and flowers that we should plant and where. More importantly he was able to clearly explain the rationale of everything. He also would tell us if something wasn't worth the money and areas that we could save on costs. He was able to also tell us why our old fire pit patio was growing moss in one area (poor drainage). His team was able to fix this issue as well at no extra cost by creating a small drainage slit in one of the bricks. After the initial consultation, he quickly mocked up a 3D model of the backyard beds and emailed it to us the next day. He later sent a more detailed blueprint of the backyard beds with the flower, tree, grass, and rock placement along with a detailed itemized list of the individualized projects with a quote. The final cost remained the same as the quote too. His team of workers were very professional and worked really efficiently. They arrived early in the morning and were able to complete everything in two days when I had anticipated it would take almost a week. Brian was there to supervise every aspect and walked us through each day as work started making sure were were happy with each aspect. He would also call later in the afternoon to check in. The final result was excellent and of high quality especially compared to some of the old existing landscaping where we could see corners were cut. Brian then spent about 20-30 minutes after everything was done walking us through everything, discussing the watering plan, the weed control tips, and tree protection in the winter and providing us with handouts as well. We'll definitely be using them again.

Description of Work
Landscaping in the front and backyard.

Category hauling services,landscaping,mulch,tree service,hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/24/2020

Review for ProScapes - 3401 Highway 55, Saint Paul, MN - 38905344

09/19/2020

Elizabeth K.

We bought an old house from the original owner, who hadn't touched her landscaping in probably 10 years. I reached out to a few companies right at the start of quarantine for a quote on some landscaping work. Brian was the first person who responded to me--he was at my house within a couple days, and we stood 6-feet apart outside as we walked around the house and discussed what we needed done. I explained that I am not outdoorsy and have a black thumb; I didn't want anything that required a lot of maintenance from me. He heard everything I asked for. As we approached the side of the house he paused and asked "Do you get water in your basement." He was right on. He identified an issue I never brought it up to him. He also pointed out that our retaining wall was buckled and crumbling. He had a quote to me within a day. He had a crew at my house as soon as the governor allowed his business to open back up. They worked hard for 4 days, only stopping when it was too rainy to continue. Brian was able to save many of my existing plants and bushes to save on the cost of new plants. Every couple of days Brian would walk around the yard with me to make sure everything was to my liking. When it was all done, he gave me a folder of information--what was planted, when/how the plants needed to be watered or treated, what to do before it frosts. My yard looks 100x better. My neighbors have commented on what an improvement they made. I feel like our curb appeal increased tenfold. And a bonus: I haven't had water in my basement since they were here. Thanks Brian! You were great to work with! We'll call you in a couple years when we are ready to do the backyard. :)

Description of Work
Landscape renovation--tear out years-old volunteer vegetation, rebuild retaining wall, new plants, new mulch, new sod.

Category landscaping,lawn service

Work Completed On 04/27/2020

09/19/2020

Linda H.

I highly recommend this company! Owner Brian and his entire team were great to work with. I am very pleased with how my backyard renovation has turned out – even better than I imagined. It was a large project - a complete remodel of my backyard including removing majority of old lawn, tilling in new rich soil, adding premium shrubs and plants, a dry creek bed (plus installing bridge I had purchased), creating multiple new garden areas for my future plantings, and finishing it all off with a lot of mulch and great flagstone stepper paths. Brian was very thorough in the design and estimating process, and was flexible & accommodating to make sure I was happy with everything. He is an experienced professional that kept in touch and ensured the entire project went well. His hard-working crew were very knowledgeable and experienced too. They did a great job prepping, tearing out old, installing all the new features, made sure I was good with things like boulder placements/paths/etc, and provided excellent clean-up. I love my new Backyard Oasis. I will definitely use this company again for future work (phase 2 – front yard!) and have already been recommending them to friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Complete Backyard Renovation

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

08/17/2020

Colleen B.

Awesome! Brian was very knowledgeable about the trees that would do great in our tough clay soil. The team was so nice and helpful and did a great job! Thank you!!!

Description of Work
Trees Planted

Category decks,tree service

Work Completed On 06/22/2020

06/16/2020

Diana N.

Pros: Scheduling went well. The team is friendly. Clean up was very good. Cons: Expensive Poor quality timbers making a less than high quality appearance. Timbers near garage were installed about 5 inches off design in an area that needs clearance to bring lawnmower through. The mistake was made after agreement with Brian & and after Brian had dug an obvious trench where the wall was supposed to be. One of the new arbor vitae had to be moved because of the misplaced wall. No dirt berm around trees and plants on hill. I ended up berming the areas around each tree/plant myself. One of the plants was covered by the fabric - we had to inform them and find the plant. Conclusion: Environmental Design was one of the most expensive of the 5 quotes we received. We expected better quality and less stress when we pay for more expensive service. We should have inspected all raw materials (I would have rejected many of the timbers) and watched every step.

Description of Work
Replace Timber wall, remove trees/plants, add new trees/plants fabric and mulch

Category decks,landscaping

Work Completed On 05/15/2020

I'm very sorry you have concerns. I will gladly meet with you to solve them. When we left you said everything was great, so i'm not sure what happened between then and now. We went to Bachman's and picked up the best timbers i could find, and payed a premium price. We even used the timbers you tagged. One thing you forgot to mention is that you drew the plan and it did not work. That is why we had so many changes. We moved walls, plants, beds, everything to try and cover up your mistake. I will learn from this in the future, and make sure is does not happen again.

06/15/2020

Kathy L.

The whole process was a breeze. I found Environmental Design on Angies List because they had many good reviews. I sent an e-mail to Brian and within a day had a response and an appointment scheduled. He was very prompt, the price was quite fair and the work was done quickly and professionally. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
We had a large lilac removed and a perennial garden installed.

Work Completed On 06/15/2020

12/26/2019

Leo S.

Brian did an outstanding job. His bid was fair, he arrived on schedule, communicated well and was very neat and attentive to detail. When I wanted some things changed last minute he was very accommodating. Would hire Brian again.

Description of Work
yard landscaping

Work Completed On 08/05/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed], We enjoyed working for you as well. We have found that communication is extremely valuable for customer satisfaction and resulting satisfaction. We are proud to work with our clients and solve their needs. We realize we must be flexible.

10/15/2019

Michael T.

Amazing! Brian and his crew were fabulous. From the very start Brian was very prompt with emails, he made everything very easy for us (and this was a massive project), and had great plans and ideas. We had a few days of rain and mud and I was shocked at how well they cleaned up at the end. Everything was spotless and perfect! We are so happy with what they did and would work with Brian again on future projects.

Description of Work
Tear out old retaining walls and rebuild new boulder walls.

Work Completed On 10/14/2019

Hello [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed] you were great to work with, I really enjoyed your hospitality, and beautiful site. I appreciate your time you spent for the great review. You had a very difficult project over a very wet period of time, and we managed to work through all of that with panache. We look forward to working with you in the future on phase two.

10/11/2019

lance L.

Highly recommend. Brian is incredibly well educated around trees/plants, what they are, where to put them, and how to care for them. It was a pleasure working with Brian, very humble, honest and genuine, very very nice guy. Him and his team planted 7 trees for us (2 maples, 3 spruce, 1 river birch and 1 locust. My wife and I could not be more pleased with the trees and services. The entire team was very respectful of the yard, zero damages, brought three trucks of equipment and trees were in an enclosed to protect them. Such a small detail but I seem to notice everything, he even went around and picked up all the utility flag markings after the job was completed.

Description of Work
We had 7 trees planted by Brian and his team.

Category landscaping,tree service

Work Completed On 10/11/2019

Hello [Member Name Removed], It was a pleasure to work for you as well. It's great clients like you that can make this job very rewarding. The trees really made an instant impact, and every year will just get better.

On-Site site analysis, Landscape Design Drawings with 3d images, and firm detailed quotes. We have premium tree & plant material, install patios, walkways and retaining walls. Our landscapes offer sustainability, use natural materials, and incorporate innovative dwarf plant material.

We have good referrals for decks/porches, irrigation,sod, and lawn work.