Metro Heating & Cooling

Founded 2009 • With Angi since June 2011

1220 Cope Ave E

Saint Paul, MN 55109

Metro Heating & Cooling is a full service Plumbing, Heating, and Air Conditioning company. We offer expert service and installations along with drain cleaning. We have chosen Rheem as our main furnace and air conditioning line due to the fact that Rheem once again is rated #1 in the industry for reliability. We offer an array of durable energy-efficient furnaces, air conditioners, water heaters, air exchangers, humidifiers, control systems and filtration systems. 24 hour service available for no heat, no cool and no hot water. We service all brands whether forced air furnace or boiler. Our technicians have access to a vast selection of repair or replacement parts offering superior customer satisfaction with every call. Metro Heating & Cooling will display superior work in a cost effective manner guarantying overall satisfaction to all our customers. Metro's sales and service staff is always available for immediate response 24/7, 365 days a year. We are prepared to handle any schedule, whether it is an emergency or not, you can always expect a quick response. We pride ourselves on being an honest, affordable company!...

08/12/2020

GARY R.

It went well. Tim checked the central air conditioning system and added some refrigerant. He mentioned the system may have a leak.

Description of Work
Central air conditioning seasonal maintenance

08/12/2020

GARY R.

It went well. Mike checked the furnace in preparation for winter, cleaned some parts, and oiled the motors. When he was finished, he gave me a checklist of what he had done.

Description of Work
Furnace maintenance

04/16/2020

Terry H.

I am a 72 year old retired Manufacturing Manager that lives in Shoreview, Mn. I had Metro Heating and cooling install a Ream a 96% efficiency furnace and high efficiency Ream hot water heater, Eric did the estimate and very knowledgeable and professional, Cory and Mike did the final install, with Tim doing a few last minute bits of tuning, a very talented technician. and I was so impressed with the quality of workmanship and professionalism from all these gentleman. I honestly am a very critical and copacetic individual and their work was truly like art work. I would recommend every time for anyone requiring these services. Terry Hybben

Description of Work
High efficiency Reem Furnace and hot water Heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, plumbing, water heater repair

12/06/2019

CHRISTIN L.

Great experience working with Metro Heating and Cooling. We appreciate the excellent, consistent communication and high quality work. The estimator was professional and explained everything carefully. The crew was professional and efficient, and everything looks and works great! Couldn't be happier with the whole experience.

Description of Work
Mini split on the 2nd floor of 1921 bungalow

10/27/2019

Ann M.

Wonderful and professional!! Michael was extremely knowledgeable about boilers and the cooling system. I was updated daily daily on the progress. Daily clean up was done. His assistants were great too. Everyone was great to work with

Description of Work
I had a new boiler installed and Fujitsu mini split system installed.

08/29/2019

David B.

The people on the phone were nice AND professional, especially compared to some phone 'professionals' at Service Today. Out of four bids, Eric was lower than the other three by a thousand dollars with a better unit, (provided the model number, the others didn't,.... said we'd get a $350 rebate from Xcel , while the others said $150. Two of the other companies: Service Today, and Home depot each said to me, "How can they do it so cheap?? No hurry, bid is good for six months. Direct mail still can produce sales. Soowa and Corey installed the unit in a three hours, hauled the old one away, did the adjustments to the furnace and piping as contracted. They were both very professional. Unfortunately the temperature has not been above 80 degrees since installed, so we don't know the efficiency or efficacy, and may not until June.

Description of Work
AC unit replaced

08/23/2019

GARY R.

Mike arrived in a timely manner. He checked the specifications on my central air conditioner, cleaned the outdoor unit, and added some refrigerant.

Description of Work
Central air conditioner seasonal maintenance

05/16/2019

GARY R.

The technician, Mike, arrived on time and went to work. I do not remember how much time he spent on it, but between 30 - 45 minutes sounds about right. He did 12 tests and they all passed.

Description of Work
Furnace Tune-up

04/19/2019

Luke B.

All the work went smoothly and was done without any surprises or hidden costs. Nick does excellent work and represents his employer well. I’d hire Metro Heating and Cooling again and again. I will be recommending them in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Our water heater needed to be replaced. Nick from Metro Heating and Cooling arrived and took care of business in a professional, efficient and polite manner. He explained the new unit benefits and walked me through how the new unit lights. I was also able to get some minor additional plumbing work done that we’ve been putting off, (cap an unused gas line, replace a leaky valve) the pricing for the extra work was very reasonable.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

09/09/2018

Brandi J.

We scheduled a visit to have our AC unit cleaned out as we had a coupon to do so. The service guy showed up on the wrong day while we were gone but they were able to reschedule the visit to the correct day that we had originally agreed upon for the cleaning. He has nice and looked everything over. When he left we looked everything over and the inside of the AC unit still looked pretty dirty but he did get the outside of the unit sprayed down which is what we were concerned about due to pollen and cottonwood. Next year we will ask that they clean everything out of the unit.

Description of Work
AC unit cleaned

01/25/2018

Michael G.

Our 7 year-old modulating condensing boiler quit working during a period of frigid temperatures. We called 3 firms claiming expertise with the newer mod/con boilers like ours. Each dispatched a serviceman lacking the competency to diagnose and remediate whatever was wrong. Thankfully a couple of them refunded what they charged for a service call. Metro Heating and Cooling is near our home and I stopped in to see if they could help. They dispatched Tim, their diagnostic tech, the next day. Tim spent over an hour methodically diagnosing what could be wrong and ultimately discovered the heat exchanger was bad and demonstrated how he knew that. We decided to install a new conventional boiler and water heater. We solicited and evaluated bids from Metro, McQuillan Bros, and CenterPoint. CenterPoint could provide no firm installation date. McQuillan did a heat loss analysis to determine appropriate boiler sizing. Nice! We selected Metro for their price-point, products they proposed, and project approach. Our experience with Metro was superb! The 4 techs that worked in our home were very competent, organized, neat, thorough, and keenly attentive to my expectations for replacing and adding isolation valves, gauge positioning, and explanation for how our cast iron baseboard radiation worked. Unbeknownst to me, Michael went the extra mile and tested the bleeder valve in each radiator to ensure it was functioning properly. I was delighted when he mentioned replacing a couple that had vexed me for years! Bravo Michael! Woo hoo! Metro Heating and Cooling did a great job for us and exceeded our expectations at every turn. Work was completed in one day by a top-notch, competent, highly-skilled boiler team. We plan on working with Metro for an air conditioning solution next Summer. Thanks Metro!

Description of Work
Boiler/Water Heater Replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair, chimney caps

Thank you for the nice review [Member Name Removed], I truly appreciate it!

11/09/2017

Amber P.

Great experience. He explained what he was doing and showed me how to test and/or fix it if it happened again. He answered all my questions about the care of my furnace again. It was a real education and I'm no longer freezing.

Description of Work
The furnace was blowing cool air.

Thanks for the nice review [Member Name Removed]! I'm glad we were able to help

10/03/2017

John S.

Excellent proposal with no pressure or overselling. Answered all my questions and sent me a proposal the next morning with all the information I needed to make a decision. Installation went well, they were professional, respectful and made sure I was aware of any changes from the old to the new. If you are thinking of replacing your system I would highly recommend getting a proposal from this company.

Description of Work
Replaced gas furnace

08/17/2017

Leta M.

I had a coupon, it was very cheap. They came in, looked at it, told me what they thought it might be and fixed it right away.

Description of Work
...

07/20/2017

Kip P.

There was no cost because it was included in home smart, it was warranty work. The AC works so I guess I would give them an A now.

Description of Work
They checked for leaks in our Air Conditioning, found the leak and then replaced the A-coil. They did repairs on the inside parts of the system.

06/05/2017

Erik B.

It went very well -- Only dissappointment was them not offering any sort of paid-in-full cash discount.

Description of Work
I needed a 2-ton 15-seer central air condenser and associated evaporator coil installed, along with some minor electrical work done. Dave Bomgren helped me out with the initial quotes. Install guys were all curteous, but did track in a fair bit of dirt I had to clean up. the AC system works great, their pricing is WELL below competition and I have no complaints about the quality of the system or anything like that.

04/23/2017

Cynthia H.

The guys from Metro Heating & Air were great! They were on time and cleaned up everything before leaving. I was extremely happy with my choice of using them to replace my furnace and central air. Highly recommend

Description of Work
Replaced my furnace and central air and had my air ducts cleaned.

03/15/2017

RJ S.

The work took about a day to be complete and they left the area clean. There were about two or three technicians that came out. They were reliable and have the best value.

Description of Work
They installed a whole new hot water heater, furnace and air conditioning unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

02/06/2017

Jim K.

We noticed water dripping from our bathroom fan and upon going up into the attic were horrified to find that all the roof sheathing on the north side of the house was wet. Upon inspection, I noticed and am led to believe that the exhaust from the bathroom vent's "friction fit" into the exterior roofing vent dislodged during reroofing that occurred in the fall. As a result, it probably has been spewing moist and humid shower air into our attic space and creating that condensation mess. The 30 year old bathroom vent and vent's 30 year old insulated exhaust duct needed to be addressed asap as the moisture issue is obviously concerning. I received a reference for Metro Heating and Cooling and then promptly checked them out on Angies List for reviews. With at least diligence I called them up. Via phone, Micah and Dave in the home office helped assess and schedule time for installers to come over to assess and replace the vent and related duct and were over within a couple days. Jim and Austin were the two professionals that showed up and immediately went to work. Immediately they showed respect for my home laying drop cloths on the stairs leading up to the attic entrance. Very helpful since the various times they went up and down resulted in blown in insulation being trampled back into the home. Jim and Austin worked together as a team, allowing me to peak up at their efforts along the way. In regards to the new exhaust duct work, they double up on how it was attached to the roof vent. First, they added a “drop collar” from the exterior roof cap in order for the flex duct to attach to (I believe they were able to screw onto this collar but cant confirm, otherwise would be a friction fit with metal tape). Secondly, they used metal tape attached to the ceiling and duct and then used tiny screws into the metal tape and to the roof as well (they made sure these weren’t going through the roof). While they were up there, I handed them a can of “Great Stuff” spray foam to reseal around the bathroom fan and they simply resealed that in as well. Jim and Austin wrapped up their work in very short and coordinated manner by cleaning up and vacuuming the areas they were walking – my bathroom, hallway where attic hatch is, and stairs. Beside some additional peace of mind that I have remediated perhaps the main reason for my condensation issue, I wouldn’t know that these guys were even there. I feel like I still have a long road to go to relieve my anxiety as the attic dries out. I appreciate Metro Heating & Cooling’s immediacy to my issue. When all was said and done, they didn’t price gouge me because of this heightened issue – instead it was at a nice balance whether there was an issue or not and for 2 guys and almost 2 hours. Thank you to Mikah, Dave, Jim and Austin and the Metro Heating & Cooling team – I needed quality work and peace of mind. This company proved that not only mom and pop contractors can provide superior service, quality and pricing, I will look to call you for service in the future and recommend others to do so too. Thank you.

Description of Work
Replaced and reinstalled a bathroom vent exhaust duct to the roof. Included attaching a "drop collar tube" from the roofing vent cap for the duct to attach too.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the review! We love to hear these types of things, I will pass this on to our technicians, and they will be rewarded for their work Thanks!

02/03/2017

R. Patrick C.

We had Metro Heating & Cooling replace our old furnace and hot water heater with a new Rheem high-efficiency furnace and hot water heater. We are extremely pleased with Metro's professional staff and the way it did our work. They were on time, efficient, knowledgeable, and courteous. Our project was complex and required a high level of expertise. Metro easily met the challenge completed all work with no issues. Our project was done on time and on budget. Thank you Metro for going the extra mile.

Description of Work
Replacement gas furnace and hot water heater.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair, air duct cleaning

Thank you for the feedback [Member Name Removed], we appreciate it very much. Don't hesitate to call with any future questions or concerns Paul Reiland

01/05/2017

Michael S.

Charged $70 extra for diagnostic trip/visit since Jan 2nd was a holiday ($189 total). Guy was short with my 69 y/o mother. He clearly did not want to be at work that day. Technician said he would try to make furnace it work overnight but a new part needed to be ordered. Mom calls him back a couple hours laters because short-term fix didn't work and to see how long it would take for the new part to come in (It's Jan in MN ya know). Guys says in a short-tone she'll need to call the girls in the office in the morning and that she'll just have to "suck it up" in the meantime. Very unprofessional response. This upset her for the evening while she "sucked it up" with her space heaters. Different guy came and successfully completed the job the next afternoon.

Description of Work
Broken Furnace. Needed new circuit board.

12/29/2016

Siobhan J.

My experience with Metro Heating & Cooling was great and incredibly refreshing given the problems I was having recently with different HVAC providers. When I first contacted Metro, I spoke with a gentleman named Paul, who actually took the time to listen to what the issue was and answer all of my questions. The level of service continued with the two pipefitters, who came and actually flushed and filled the system. They answered all of my questions related to the flush & fill and questions just about my boiler in general. I now feel I have a better understanding of how to operate and maintain my boiler. No one tried to sell me unnecessary services, they just addressed the issue at hand efficiently and professionally.

Description of Work
I needed assistance getting a cleaning chemical added by a different HVAC company out of my boiler system through a flush and fill of my boiler.

11/07/2016

Robert B.

fixed it was surprised at the bill would have given an A but I feel that the charge was on the high side.

Description of Work
fix two spigots

11/03/2016

Keely V.

It was so helpful to work with the team at Metro after having a series of unexpected repairs at a new home. Paul listened to my concerns about the issue, and incomplete information we were given from a different service provider. He offered to send out a tech free of charge for a second opinion, and when diagnosing the issue, the technician did not try to push a more expensive sale when we could do a simple repair. Both employees I worked with were informative, respectful and prompt - which is a huge help when dealing with home repairs. I would definitely call them again and refer to family/friends.

Description of Work
Furnace repair.

10/27/2016

Robert R.

I called Metro for a quote on a water heater replacement. I talked with Mike and after I told him what I was looking for he quoted me the replacement cost. He emailed me the quote. I set the appointment for the work. The technician arrived on time. TJ was very organized and did an excellent job. He replaced the water shut off valve for the water and also the shut off valve for the gas. The job was completed in about 2.5 hours. He used drop cloth to protect the floors and cleaned up when he was finished. You would never know any work was done. The price was the same as on the original quote.

Description of Work
Replaced hot water heater

Air Express Inc

Furnace/ AC maintenance, Install Furnace/ AC, Repair Furnace/ AC, Install ducts & vents, Repair ducts & vents, Heating maintenance, Install heating system, Repair heating system, HVAC maintenance, Repair HVAC, Install thermostat, Repair thermostat, Ductless heating and AC services, Other

Offers by Air Express Inc on Angi
    American Sewer

SEWER & DRAIN CLEANING! GREAT JOB! GREAT PRICE! CALL NOW FOR SAME DAY DISPATCH.

Offers by American Sewer on Angi
    Defend Sewer Repair

Defend Sewer Repair takes the fear and expensive costs out of sewer pipe repairs. Pipe issues like broken, cracked, or corroded pipes, can eventually lead to larger problems, such as flooding, ground contamination, and backups. Most sewer line issues occur because of aging infrastructure, root intrusion, or ground movement. All of these can change the shape or size of your sewer pipe, which in turn causes problems with wastewater flow. Traditional dig-and-replace methods to fix sewer lines are very disruptive, not to mention expensive. Not only do you have to deal with the cost of excavating your yard (or driveway), but you also must pay for the materials and labor to replace the pipe. Fortunately, there's a much better way to repair your sewer line: trenchless technology. Trenchless sewer repair is a no-dig solution that can often be completed in just one day because there's no need to dig. The old process of repairing sewer pipes that are located underground usually involves tearing up your lawn to dig a trench and replacing sections of pipe which is expensive in addition to time-consuming.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Residential & commercial Heating & Cooling, furnaces, boilers, hydronic heating, air conditioners, ductless air conditioning, heat pumps, water heaters, tankless water heaters, humidifiers, duct cleaning, air cleaners and purifiers. We're proud to offer Plumbing faucet, sink, and toilet installation and repairs. Pipe repair, Drain Cleaning