Lake Region Home Improvement

Founded 1997 • With Angi since February 2011

Lake Region Home Improvement was founded in April of 1997 by Thomas Halbur of St. Paul, MN. It was his mission to create a home improvement company that offers high quality home improvement goods and services at a fair price, to easily beat the "larger company" competition. OUR MISSION: ‘Lake

roofing (64)door installation (34)window replacement (33)siding companies (11)woodworking (8)decks & porches (8)Patios (5)gutter repair (5)home remodeling (4)egress window (3)general contractors (3)basement remodeling (1)

11/25/2022

Jeorge P.

Really good I liked him he's super nice and yeah that it.

Description of Work
I needed my closet done it was broken and it has j

Category glass repair

Work Completed On 11/21/2010

05/10/2022

Keith C.

Everything went great from start to finish. The owner Tom and another employee showed up on time, did project in a couple hours, cleaned up after, and took the old storm door away when they left. The new storm door is great quality, installed perfectly, and I would FOR SURE recommend this company and will be using them for additional future projects at my home.

Description of Work
I had broken storm door removed and a new one installed

Work Completed On 05/06/2022

06/03/2021

Joe H.

Our project went great - Tom gave a very accurate and reasonable bid, and was able to do the work quickly and completely; we're very happy with the result. And, he was able to come back and do another project for us (bi-fold closet door replacement) the very next day. Great experience overall.

Description of Work
Sliding glass door replacement

Category remodeling, doors, patios

Work Completed On 06/03/2021

05/05/2021

Bill M.

We were extremely pleased with the work and professionalism of the Lake Region crew. When all was said and done, everything installed, working very well, and cleaned up better than expected, we are very happy with the job. We are considering putting a new deck on in the future, and we already know we will call Lake Region to install it.

Description of Work
Install a new Patio Door.

Category contractors, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 04/26/2021

Review for Lake Region Home Improvement - 551 11th Ave NW, Saint Paul, MN - 39320179

05/03/2021

Robert B.

There was cosmetic problems, there were other minor problems.

Description of Work
Installed a patio sliding door,

Category patios

Work Completed On 09/10/2020

11/13/2020

Rick K.

These guys are awesome start to finish. I would highly recommend and be happy to hire them again for more work I need done. Really took care of the whole job start to finish.

Description of Work
Patio door install

Category decks, remodeling, basement waterproofing, doors

Work Completed On 11/12/2020

10/18/2020

Gerald W.

We did not hire anyone because we decided it was a job we could do on our own

Description of Work
gutter covers installed

Category gutter repair, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 10/18/2020

09/30/2020

Kathy T.

The sliding glass door is awesome. They also took down an overhang that was in the way of the sliding glass door. The only problem is they didn’t replace the steel corners on the siding that was removed & I am having a hard time doing it my self. The window had to be ordered so it hasn’t been put in yet.

Description of Work
Sliding glass door in dining area & bedroom window.

Category siding, replacement windows, basement waterproofing, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 09/30/2020

Review for Lake Region Home Improvement - 551 11th Ave NW, Saint Paul, MN - 38914306

09/17/2020

Shaun O.

A+ work. Tom (the owner) responded quickly to my request for an estimate, was friendly, knowledgable, and answered all of my window/door related questions. The price was fair and we were able to schedule a time for installation that exceeded my expectation. He and his crew arrived on time in the morning (as promised) and were done by early afternoon. The installation job is very professional and the Alside doors look and work great. I'm very satisfied with how this project turned out and would highly recommend Lake Region Home Improvement.

Description of Work
Replace 2 sliding glass patio doors, upper and lower level.

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

09/16/2020

Jennifer V.

Requested a basic quote through Angie's List in mid-August. It is now mid-September, and I have not yet received a response.

Description of Work
Front concrete stoop removal and replacement with composite porch.

Category decks

Work Completed On 08/12/2020

Hi. Sorry I can’t help you. We don’t do concrete removal. We do windows doors and roofing. Sorry you were confused. Please review this and change the grade. You can’t give companies an F grace if we don’t even do what you are looking for. Tom Halbur / Owner.

09/14/2020

Elliot W.

Excellent. The door went in in an extremely timely manner. Crew was professional and they kept the work site clean. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Patio Door Install

Work Completed On 09/14/2020

09/05/2020

James J.

Tom and his crew did a perfect job from start to finish installing a glass door where there was just a small window before. We are very happy with the results, as the door looks beautiful and fills the room with light. The process was stress free, and I would hire them again without reservation. Thanks guys!

Description of Work
Sliding Door Installation

Work Completed On 09/01/2020

08/01/2020

Terrance F.

Tom and crew did an outstanding job. The frame at the bottom was rotten from a previous install. Tom not only fixed the problem, he showed me how they repaired it so it would not happen again. I would recommend him to everyone. AAAAAA+

Description of Work
Replaced sliding glass door

Category basement waterproofing, doors

Work Completed On 07/27/2020

07/23/2020

Jay Kimberlee R.

Tom made it very easy from beginning to end. He came over and gave an estimate and had the door we needed in stock. On the day of the install, Tom and his crew did an awesome job. The job was done professionally and looks great. When they were done, they cleaned up the work area. We would highly recommend Lake Region Home Improvement.

Description of Work
Replaced a sliding patio door

Work Completed On 07/13/2020

06/10/2020

Kirsty F.

Great- install went very smooth- good price- looks great

Description of Work
New Patio Door

Category basement waterproofing, doors

Work Completed On 06/09/2020

05/24/2020

Jenny S.

I am extremely happy with the work that was done. The owner came to my home and completed the work, together with another gentleman. They are both obviously very skilled carpenters. When I called, the owner answered right away and explained everything that could be done, and had great recommendations for materials for me to buy from the local home improvement store. The new door is functioning perfectly and I have had several positive comments on it from neighbors. I am so glad I chose Lake Region Home improvement and I will definitely use them for any door and window work in the future.

Description of Work
I needed to have a door replaced.

Category replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 05/20/2020

09/08/2019

Charles T.

Excellent. Tom was extremely responsive and the quality is outstanding. We will definitely work with him again!

Description of Work
All new windows, siding, doors, and roof.

Category roofing, siding, home builders, doors

Work Completed On 10/15/2019

06/08/2019

Stephanie K.

Tom and his crew did excellent work! There was a complication and an alteration needed to be made but they did it excellently and efficiently with no extra time. Tom and his crew do high quality work efficiently! They clean up after themselves and are very professional. I highly recommend Tom and his crew. If I need work done again I will hire them! They are awesome!

Description of Work
Door install

05/09/2019

Brian N.

Excellent! Strong good first impression. The roofing crew arrived on time in the Early AM as promised. They went to work quickly. The crew paid careful attention to falling debris with drop cloths and covered windows as they went. They knew what they were doing! The crew worked safely. The whole roof was ripped, branch holes were repaired and new shingles were installed, including new vents, all in one day. The crew patrolled my property afterwards for nails and sharp objects. The structure rebuild projects went smoothly and was finished timely. the work done was performed in a very Professional manor. Recommendation: Strong yes! I would hire Lake Region.

Description of Work
Tree fall, storm damage, structure repairs. Replace/install shingles, whole house, rebuild roof support structure. Replace damaged Gutters, repair broken windows and replace outside fixtures.

Category roofing, replacement windows

Work Completed On 05/09/2019

10/28/2018

Michael C.

Everything was nearly perfect. Contractor responded in a timely manner when contacted, was polite and professional, showed up on time, completed work on time and with a high quality of workmanship, went the extra mile when unforeseen problems showed up, thoroughly cleaned up when the work was done. Would hire this contractor again in an eyeblink!

Description of Work
Replacement windows & patio doors.

Category egress windows, replacement windows, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 10/19/2018

10/17/2018

Sean F.

I called Tom the afternoon before and he was able to squeeze me in on short notice the next day. Tom and his team showed up early (they called an hour or so before to make sure it was ok that they came early), and replaced the service door to my newly constructed garage. The contractor that built the garage did not install the original service door correctly, so it leaked badly when it rained or got sprayed by my sprinklers. Tom and his team pulled the old door out, made sure to prep the space properly, and installed the new door properly with sealant in any areas where water could try to seep through. They even trimmed out the inside of the door with some trim I had in the garage for the baseboards. I would definitely not hesitate to hire Tom and Lake Region again.

Description of Work
Door replacement

Work Completed On 10/17/2018

04/24/2018

LORI S.

Tom was extraordinarily responsive, professional and helpful. He came out and diagnosed my issue, even though it is not really work that he does. I have not met many contractors who are as kind, responsive, professional, and helpful when they are just passing off work. So, when I do need a new roof, windows or a remodel, Tom will be the very first person I will call - every time! In the meantime, he went the extra mile and connected me with someone who could help me with the wet basement and made sure the hand-off went smoothly. He even advised me on some gutter and other issues. Truly a top notch guy! I would recommend him every time. A+

Description of Work
Water in basement issue, patio fix

Category basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 04/24/2018

02/08/2018

Nancy S.

Tom came out to the house on a Saturday morning on very short notice to inspect the damp ceilings. He was knowledgeable on possible causes and solutions. He was very helpful and even though it turned out we did not need any remediation work to be done I would call him again.

Description of Work
There was condensation inside the house in two places on the ceiling.

Category roofing, home remodeling, basement remodeling