Johnson Creek

Founded 1995 • With Angi since May 2003

1423 Sheldon St

Saint Paul, MN 55108

We are Residential Landscape Design/Build/Maintenance Contractors. Johnson Creek combines diverse plant communities with creative hardscapes in a professional approach. We work for you, keeping our operation small with knowledgeable staff, providing the utmost service along with quality product to ensure your long term satisfaction. Welcome to Johnson Creek, Inc. Design, Installation and Maintenance for Garden, Yard and Estate....

04/28/2015

Marlene J M.

We've worked with Mick Johnson and Johnson Creek since 2001. Talented in many ways, Mick is particularly good at transforming small spaces into beautiful, functional areas. He designed our original back and front yard - pavers, raised flower beds, pond/waterfall- and has helped us maintain and improve our landscaping right up to April, 2015. He and his crew are prompt, knowledgeable, professional and easy to work with. He personally oversees the project and is at the site initiating the project, checking in during the process, and making sure to review everything with us at its completion.

Description of Work
Our last project - expanding our patio, replacing pavers, updating waterfall, redoing our front stoop and mulching our gardens - was completed in one day!

Category landscaping,hardscaping

Thanks for your kind words and continued business. I have enjoyed working with you over the years as well as getting to know you!

03/24/2015

ED M.

They did a nice job. They did a lot of work tore out the old landscaping around the house and put in new landscaping.

Description of Work
They redid the landscaping around the house

Category landscaping

Thanks for your positive review. We enjoyed working with you throughout the project.

02/13/2014

Tom H.

Hi crew quickly and efficiently completed the project within the agreed upon timelines and cleared away all construction waste. The final project has garnered multiple compliments! We are very pleased with the results and I highly recommend Johnson Creek.

Description of Work
Mick provided several alternatives for our patio/sidewalk project.

Category landscaping,patios

We appreciate your positive review! Thanks again for your business.

05/06/2013

Rebecca W.

It took a while from bid to installation because I decided too late last fall that I wanted a patio.... Mick came over mid-fall to give me a bid. His bid was comparable or a little lower than other bids - including the cost of more expensive baked clay bricks instead of concrete pavers. By the time I said "yes" however, winter was coming -- so we ran out of time. Then spring was so slow to come. I called Mick in early April to confirm that I wanted the work done ASAP since company is coming for a graduation - Mick said he'd be here as soon as it stopped raining/snowing. And he was -- He called Sunday 5/5 (he apologized for calling on a Sunday) to say he'd be here the next day - and Mick, 3 guys and a lot of equipment showed up promptly at 7:30. The demo was a little difficult since my yard is fenced and the gates are narrow - so everything had to be dug up by hand and hauled in wheelbarrows. The old concrete was way over-built with lots of re-bar - so it took a lot of sledgehammering. Around 1, they got it all dug out (about 10 inches, I'm guessing), and started putting in the gravel and sand foundation. Then started cutting and laying the brick, and finally tamping and filling the cracks with sand. They cut all the edge bricks to a perfect semi-circle, then layed the soldier course to finish it off - cutting "keystone" bricks every 4-5 bricks to makes sure the bricks stayed tight. They were done and cleaned up by 7 - in time for us to take the lawn chairs out and enjoy an adult beverage on the new patio before sunset It is beautiful. And I'm really happy Mick recommended the clay brick - it cost a little more - but looks great with our old house. The crew was very professional; the crew leader, Adam, checked in regularly to see whether I had questions, or to make sure I liked how it looked.

Description of Work
Demo and removal of existing reinforced concrete pad and walk; installation of approximately 18-foot diameter semi-circle brick (clay) paver patio. Patio is brick with random coloration-- brick red and darker; in a herringbone pattern with a 1-brick "soldier course" on the edge.

Category landscaping

[member name removed], thanks for the prompt and great review. I really appreciate it. I know you will enjoy your new clay paver patio for many years to come.

04/15/2013

Don C.

They were excellent. The contractor listened to what we wanted and a year and a half later we are still very pleased with the work and the way it looks.

Description of Work
They removed the old patio. They enlarged the patio and put in the pavers. They also fixed the gate so to the back yard.

Category hardscaping,patios

[member name removed], thanks for your nice review. I'm happy to know you are enjoying the new paver patio. Whenever you are ready to tackle the front, let me know!

barb B.

Yes, I would hire this company for a future job.

Description of Work
Design and install stone stairway and landscape around a patio area.

STEPHANIE R.

It turned out very well; we were very happy with them. I would strongly recommend them for any city lot landscaping job.

Description of Work
They did a complete backyard landscape job for 2 of our houses.

Tim B.

They were excellent. We also had them come out and do some mulch. Mick is a great guy. He does great work. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
We re-did our landscaping; they designed it and installed the landscaping.

04/04/2013

Anne F.

It was very good. He was very good at listening to what I wanted and applying his own talents to make a creative solution that met my needs; he understood what I wanted. In some deconstruction, in the tear down, they ran into more problems than they thought they would. He didn’t come back and get us for more money. I’d go back to him.

Description of Work
He did the design for the front yard to the driveway, and the east side of the house. He also made a plan that showed a selection of plants that would be good in the environment. Our front steps were taken out and pavers were put in and brick steps to the door. They even saw something that we hadn’t asked them to do. They took the initiative to make an improvement that would save the threshold in the long run. They were proactive.

Category landscaping,hardscaping

04/04/2013

Dean G.

They are very good. They are very professional. They do a job when they say they are going to do a job. Even though their prices are high, it's worth it.

Description of Work
They do the landscaping in the summer; I've had them for years.

Goodfellows Landscapes

Something that makes us unique is that the owner is on site at all jobs. We know how important this is to our customers. Goodfellows Landscapes is your hardscaping specialist with a focus on retaining walls, Natural Stone patios and walls, outdoor kitchens, water features, pondless waterfalls, drainage, fire pits, natural stone, pavers and retaining wall block, walkways & interlocking pavers.

Better Yards & Gardens

May contact through email. Award winning. At Better Yards & Gardens Excellence is our standard for your landscape design! Creating your outdoor living space not only gives enjoyment to your family, but also enhances the investment potential of your property.

Carlson Hardscape Inc

Carlson Hardscape, Inc. is a family owned and operated paver contractor business in Farmington, Minnesota that specializes in the installation of interlocking pavers, concrete pavers, and brick and stone paving as the sole business of the company. In business for over fifteen years, we have invested in the proper equipment and training that ensures your paver project lasts a lifetime.

Residential landscape design/build firm, renovations & creating outdoor living spaces, install a full range of plant materials, mulches, patios, retaining walls, water features, outdoor lighting & carpentry.