Jake the Plumber

Founded 2004 • With Angi since April 2012

With Jake the Plumber, you've found your neighborhood St. Paul area plumbing company. Water heater installation, water softener and filtration systems, bath and kitchen plumbing remodels, drain cleaning, gas lines, piping replacement, and more. Residential and commercial services. Don't Sleep With A Drip! (TM)...

BDI Outdoor Solutions

BDI Outdoor Solutions has over 20 years of experience in professional landscape management specializing in both Residential and Commercial Outdoor Solutions. Our well trained and experienced staff provide superior landscaping services that complement our expert design skills. By offering a wide range of services to maintain the beauty and functionality of your lawn and property, we work hard to get the results you deserve. After all, BDI’s philosophy is that there is no off-season when it comes to maintaining your investment. BDI Outdoor Solutions is ready to help you with any and all issues, 12 months out of the year. Our crew will help you achieve a better looking home by designing, constructing and maintaining an outdoor living space that will turn heads year-round. BDI prides itself in using only high-quality products and equipment to create designs that will be the envy of your entire neighborhood. See what a healthy, well-designed landscaped lawn can do to improve your property's curb appeal - and ultimately how it can enhance the value of your home. Contact us today to learn how BDI Outdoor Solutions can create the property of your dreams!

J’s Rain Drains

J's Rain Drains installs drain pipes (tile) from gutter down spouts and sump pump outlets to divert the water away from your homes foundation. We have the unique ability to bore under the sidewalk to install the tile. We never lift a section up. J's always uses a catch basin in our instillation so that the down spout will not blow out in the back from ice build-up. We also address water issues in other areas as well. We use golf course quality Rain Bird products to ensure the best results.

Diversified Drainage

Diversified Drainage is a full service drainage company, providing solutions for ponding water, soft or saturated soil, excessive patio or deck post heaving due to freezing in winter, waterproofing foundations to stop water infiltration. There are usually 5-6 Employees working during the season including the 2 owners who have 30 plus years of combined experience in drainage solutions. The scope of our job size on the smaller scale is $1000.00 and up as we use mostly specialized equipment and trained employees our mobilization costs are at the least a few hundred dollars. We may sub-contract out services that others are better able to perform than us in some situations like patching asphalt, underground boring, and bolder landscape walls. All payments are due upon completion and generally will collect payment onsite. For special promotions and financing options ask your rep.

05/01/2018

I cannot say enough great things about Tim. I called them on Friday afternoon and they came out to give me a quote on a Monday afternoon. Tim had enough time in his schedule and his bid was significantly better than two other bids I got, so he did the work the same day. Very happy with how long it took, the cost, and how careful Tim was in my home. I will definitely call Jake the Plumber again!

Description of Work
Replace two outside frost-proof faucets (required cutting into ceiling) and remove garbage disposal

10/27/2017

Tim kept me informed as work was being done. This was a fix that another plumber had previously done, incorrectly.

Description of Work
outside faucet leaking. replaced and added shut off valve

08/11/2017

Everything was great from start to finish. Called at 11:30 a.m. and was promised service between 1:30 and 2:30. Received a call back within the hour to let me know it would be 2. Stu arrived promptly. He explained how the cost for the visit worked and got my consent before proceeding. He advised against spending time/money on the kitchen faucet. The problem with the toilet was small, so I ended up paying for a full hour that was only 15 minutes, but that's pretty standard in my experience. Stu was personable and gave me some great plumbing tips as he worked. Will definitely use Jake's again.

Description of Work
Our toilet wouldn't stop running, and we were having to turn the water on and off to use it. Also wanted a consultation about a small issue with our kitchen faucet.

Category plumbing

Thanks for the Review, [Member Name Removed]!

07/05/2017

Great service from Ed! Prompt, professional and very courteous. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Replaced faucets for laundry room, installed new garbage disposal

04/12/2017

Came prepared for the type of toilet and problem I had and quickly, efficiently fixed both problems. Took the time to explain to me what he was doing, which was greatly appreciated.

Description of Work
Fixing a leaking toilet and slow running tub.

03/27/2017

Very nice job explaining work to be done upfront, and good execution. Boiler system has been operating perfectly ever since. I would recommend this team again and will be sure to hire them in the future.

Description of Work
Heating system boiler - fixed leak and re-pressurized system with protective additive.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

03/04/2017

They did a good job but it was very expensive. I gave them a B over all because of the price.

Description of Work
They installed a new water heater.

02/16/2017

They came and installed a new water heater the same day. Were great to work with and would use them again. Very responsive and prompt

Description of Work
Water heater went out on 4th of July weekend when we had a houseful of company.

Category water heater repair

02/04/2017

Our hot water heater was 14 years old and on the fritz. I did some online research and picked out a few high input heaters that I liked. I then called Jake and hadn't used them before. They were quick to respond and give reasonable estimates on the heaters that I had researched. They were more responsive, helpful and cheaper than a couple other plumbing estimates that I received. We decided to go with them and set up a time for the replacement. The company had to redo some of the old plumbing to fit code, but did a great job and cleaned everything up nicely when they were done. Overall, a very good experience and I would absolutely use them again.

Description of Work
Hot water heater replacement

01/12/2017

They were very responsive and were able to replace water heater and remove old water heater within 24 hours of first phone call. Very happy with their work and will be using them again for all our plumbing needs in the area.

Description of Work
removal of two existing water heaters and replacement of new water heater.

Category plumbing,water heater repair

Water Heater Installation, Water Softener and Filtration System Installation, all types of plumbing repairs, kitchen and bath remodels, new installation of fixtures, drain cleaning, water and gas supply pipe installation.

Handyman, well or septic services.

Check, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover