INSPECTA HOMES

Founded 1981 • With Angi since July 2001

2469 UNIVERSITY AVE W

Saint Paul, MN 55114

17 EMPLOYEES. COST DETERMINED BY THE JOB. TRAVEL CHARGES VARY BY JOB. WE WILL COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING; HOME INSPECTIONS FOR BUYERS AND SELLERS, TRUTH IN HOUSING EVALUATION, TIME OF SALE, POINT OF SALE RADON INSPECTIONS, WARRANTY INSPECTIONS MOLD TESTING, CERTIFICATIONS. WE ALSO PROVIDE STATE APPROVED CONTINUING EDUCATION FOR REAL ESTATE PROFESSIONALS, EXPERT WITNESS TESTIMONY....

12/16/2021

Courtney R.

They were very professional and timely in reporting

Description of Work
Home inspection

Category home inspection,radon testing

12/05/2016

chris T.

Inspection was very thorough and detailed

Description of Work
Inspected home before we bought

07/07/2015

Shane M.

I called the provider to schedule a home inspection. They were responsive and professional on the phone. I scheduled the inspection and a Radon inspection as well. I had a conflict and had to cancel the inspection but found the company very professional.

Description of Work
Scheduled a home inspection and a radon inspection with very short notice.

12/24/2013

SHELLEY P.

nneapolisnnVery well and after the inspection the paper work was completed in a timely fashion so all our deadlines were met.

Description of Work
We needed an immediate home inspection by a company licensed by the city of Minneapolis. Sabrina Katzenberger at Inspecta-Homes2469 University Ave West Ste 100WSt. Paul, MN 55114651-641-0641 was absolutely wonderful. Set up an appointment for us on the same day. Ron Kulas was the inspector, he was prompt, thorough and issued the certificate as soon as he got back to his office because he knew we were under a deadline. The certificate was issued before we finished closing on the property and Inspecta-Homes couldn't have been nicer, more reliable or prompt. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

01/04/2012

Amy M.

My husband doubted from the very beginning that we had the quality inspector we had had before. The house was a clean bill of health. While he was at the house, he only tried to open up a couple of windows and stopped opening them after the second or third one. We purchased the home. The first week we were freezing in our house. I went to check my son's windows to make sure that they were latched properly. When I unlatched the window, it came crashing down on my hand and broke my finger. The window was broken and was not caught by the inspector because he did not open any windows in this particular room. I had a company come out and look at the furnace because air was not being blown out of the register. The inspector never checked to see if there was air coming out, he just checked to make sure the furnace fired up. Our furnace would not even kick in to second stage. Our furnace had the potential of creating carbon monoxide. The downstairs shower also leaks. Since this time, we have had problems with our appliances. It has been a horrendous deal. I approached the owner stating I was not happy and he sent me a two page letter stating how this was not their fault.

Description of Work
We hired them to do an inspection. We had used them in the past and really liked their service.

Category home inspection

Inspecta Homes services are provided in accordance with the American Society of Home Inspectors Standards of Practice. Standard 10.1 requires an inspector to examine "a representative number of doors and windows", not each and every one. Standard 8.2 states that an inspector is not required to determine heat supply adequacy nor inspect interior components of a furnace, such as a heat exchanger. Inspecta-Homes prepared a detailed inspection report consisting of 24 pages, and including photographs of the subject property. The issues raised are simply beyond the scope of a general home inspection. In the past 30 years, Inspecta-Homes has conducted over 100,000 home inspections in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Even a satisfaction rate of 99.9 percent will still create a small number of customers who are not fully satisfied with the report they receive. Inspecta-Homes strives to ensure that each and every inspection is performed in full compliance with our contract, the ASHI Standards of Practice, the expertise of our inspection team.

04/25/2011

Mary B.

They were fine. I actually did not end up re-financing. I had cracks in the foundation and they underrated the bank assessment foundation cracks. They wanted a foundation inspection that I did not want to do because it was another $600 or $700 and then they ran out of time. I would not blame them for that. I would use them in the future if I had to buy a house. I would look someplace else for re-financing but it has nothing to do with them.

Description of Work
I have used the services of Inspecta Homes in October or November 2010 for home inspection for re-financing.

04/10/2011

Bob S.

Mitchell did a home inpsection on a house I had put an offer on. He was punctual, efficient and explained everything along the way. As a first time home buyer I had a lot of questions and he was happy to answer them, even though I had scheduled him at 3 pm on Friday afternoon. He also took time to go through the truth in housing report that I brought along with some specific questions. At the end of the inspection, we went through all of the pictures he took and he described things that I could likely fix on my own, and gave some opinions about things that I might want to follow up with experts/contractors. He gave me all of the pictures and the report on a CD and emailed it to me and my realtor. I would definitely use Mitchell again.

Description of Work
Inpsected the following items: Electricals Roof Chimney furnace/basement piping A/C Unit water flow through the house (turned on all water sources to test changes in pressures) kitchen appliances windows I feel he went above and beyond the scope of the inspection

03/17/2011

Cody W.

Our inspector, Mitch, took about 4 hours to thoroughly inspect the home we are purchasing. He arrived on time and completed his work without much interruption to us. Mitch was very particular about keeping everything clean, including placing cloths on the ladder rests to prevent damage to the walls. It was clear Mitch tried to find every possible flaw---down to a faulty knob on the kitchen exhaust hood. At times it was hard to distinguish major issues from minor issues when we went through the report (which he did with us, showing us pictures or offering to take us to the specific issue). But, it was appreciated that he didn't "talk down" to us. Overall, it was a great experience and I am confident Mitch found all possible issues he was capable of! Our final product included a CD Report and all pictures from the inspection. The report was also emailed to us. I highly recommend Mitch and Inspecta-Homes.

Description of Work
Non-invasive, Pre-Purchase Home Inspection by Mitch T.

02/17/2011

MARK E.

I called Inspectahome and got an inspection scheduled on short notice. Dan arrived on time and we proceeded to start the inspection by walking around the outside of the house. Dan seemed pretty knowledgable and pointed out some good and bad points on the house. He noticed evidence of a roof leak inside which I would have missed and also noted there was improper venting on the roof which had caused ice dams. Time will tell but he seemed to be thorough. The inspection took 3-3.5 hours. He went through the report with me there and gave it to me on CD on the spot. He set up the radon equipment and came back two days later and called me with the results. He took lots of pictures which he included with the report. I wouldn't hesitate to use Dan again.

Description of Work
Home inspection and radon test for 1940's ranch style home.

01/16/2011

Gaylen R.

Good, inspector spent 3-4 hours doing home inspection.

Description of Work
Home inspection before purchase

TJ Radon

We are certified radon specialists in Minnesota with a background in Geology and Business, 7 years of experience in the industry and over 3,000 homes successfully mitigated. Our main values are honesty, integrity, and professionalism. We seek to bring top quality workmanship and raise the standard for mitigating radon.

Radiant Radon LLC

Radiant Radon, LLC is a full service radon testing and mitigation service. We are dedicated to providing our clients with exceptional service. Here at Radiant Radon we treat every homes as if it were are own. We understand the importance of having a safe home for you and your family. Radon is the 2nd most leading cause of lung cancer behind cigarette smoking. Over 21,000 people die each year from Radon related Lung Cancer in the United States. Radon is an odorless, tasteless, and colorless gas formed by the natural radioactive breakdown of uranium in soil, rock, and water. Radon is all around us. The radon outdoors is diluted by fresh air, but radon can penetrate any type of building and become trapped resulting in occupant exposure to high radon levels. We use state of the art equipment to ensure the most accurate test is completed within 48hrs to 72hrs we can assess your radon concentration.

Offers by Radiant Radon LLC on Angi
    A1 Radon Services LLC

A1 Radon Services, LLC is nationally certified with National Radon Proficiency Program (NRPP) and listed with the Minnesota Department of Health. Located in Eden Prairie, MN, we are fully committed to solving elevated radon problems throughout the Twin Cities metro and surrounding areas. We specialize in difficult to mitigate as well as standard radon mitigation systems for your living and working environment. We are fully confident you will not find a more efficient, committed and effective radon mitigation company to solve your radon problems at a fair cost.

None

HOME INSPECTIONS, TRUTH IN HOUSING EVALUATION, TIME OF SALE, POINT OF SALE RADON INSPECTIONS, CERTIFICATIONS, COMMERCIAL INSPECTIONS. WE ALSO PROVIDE STATE APPROVED CONTINUING EDUCATION FOR REAL ESTATE PROFESSIONALS, EXPERT WITNESS TESTIMONY.

WELL & SEPTIC INSPECTIONS, INVASIVE MOISTURE TESTING.