Hoffman Weber Construction

Founded 1992 • With Angi since June 2008

Hoffman Weber Construction is a family owned & operated business. Like most companies, our goal is to provide a great product and service. However, we back it with industry leading product warranties, a long-lasting labor guarantee, and a focus on understanding homeowner needs with the goal of

2020 NARI MN CotY Silver Award Winner

gutter repair

201955077
This exterior remodeling project featured James Hardie HZ5 HardiePlank Cedarmill Lap Siding in Monterey Taupe, James Hardie HZ5 HardieShingle Staggered Siding in Monterey Taupe, James Hardie HZ5 HardieTrim Smooth Batten Board in Monterey Taupe, and HardieTrim in Cobblestone. The project netted Hoffman Weber Construction a 2020 NARI MN CotY Silver Award in the Residential Exterior $50,000 - $100,000 category.
View project

roofing (212)siding companies (91)window replacement (61)gutter repair (52)woodworking (21)insulation (21)home remodeling (18)decks & porches (18)door installation (14)interior decorators (9)tile installation (9)roof snow removal (7)

10/12/2022

Mark R.

Hoffman went above and beyond to replace my roof following hail damage. State Farm initially agreed to replace a small portion. Hoffman documented and chalk marked damage. State Farm replaced entire roof! Job was completed professionally and timely. Thanks

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Category ceramic tile, home inspection, roofing

Work Completed On 09/23/2022

Thank you for the great review, [Member Name Removed]!

06/16/2022

barry R.

My experience with Hoffman Weber was initially positive but turned negative very quickly. The work (complete re-roof) that was performed was sub-standard and water penetrated around the chimney causing damage to the ceiling. At the time of submitting the issue I was notified that Hoffman Weber sub-contracted the entire job contrary to what I was told during the sales call. After months of working with the sub and Hoffman they finally arranged repair. It should be noted, Hoffman Weber on multiple occasions did not respond to emails or return calls. Once the repairs started, Hoffman failed to communicate a timeline or give advance notice of time workers would be making the repairs. Once again, I emailed Hoffman pleading for a schedule or any communication. At this point, I have received nothing. Finally, I have a lot of experience working with building contractors. The lack of ownership, communication and customer focus is on a level I have never seen. I would warn away others from using this company.

Description of Work
Re-roof of asphalt shingles

Work Completed On 12/01/2021

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you for reaching out. We would like to apologize that your experience with us did not go as planned. We would also like to apologize for the lack of communication on our end. We strive for perfection, but that is not always the case. When it comes to your project, the leak was coming through a cricket on the chimney that was not in the scope of work. In good faith, we fixed it and covered the cost anyways. We wish you nothing but the best with you and your home going forward.

03/30/2022

Lisa H.

I contacted HW as a possible backup contractor. Even with that understanding, Al Lien came and independently reviewed the damage and said HW would be happy to hold their position as a contingent contractor. Very impressed with their forthright attitude and professionalism. Other contractor did come through. But I am certain I will use HW in the future. Thanks Al!!

Description of Work
We had a section of shingles blown off in a 60 mph storm

Work Completed On 03/30/2022

Review for Hoffman Weber Construction - 2155 Old Highway 8 NW, Saint Paul, MN - 39678992

Thank you so much for the review, [Member Name Removed]! Even though you didn't use us, we still really appreciate it!

03/14/2022

Jeffrey N.

We needed to replace the siding on our home, had four companies come to our house (three of which were initially found through Angi), and are glad that we used Hoffman Weber to do the job. Their sales associate (Al Lien) was knowledgeable and helpful, but no pressure, which I personally appreciate very much. They had a range of options, and in the end we chose to use HardiPlank which was less expensive than LP at the time of our project. The Hoffman Weber price was very competitive (and significantly lower than the high-pressure company that came out). The installation went well--the crew was hard working and pleasant, and communication with the project manager (Pete) was easy (the installation was done in February, so, weather affected the days of installation). The finished project looks great.

Description of Work
Siding replacement

Category siding

Work Completed On 02/28/2022

Review for Hoffman Weber Construction - 2155 Old Highway 8 NW, Saint Paul, MN - 39658826

Thank you so much, [Member Name Removed], for your business and for the review! We are very happy that you are pleased with your entire experience with us!

02/27/2022

Milind A.

I've worked with Ryan Youngren and Hoffman-Weber Construction to engage specific client concerns and they couldn't have been more transparent, responsive, professional, and detail oriented. I'd highly recommend their services!

Description of Work
Construction Consulation

Category ceramic tile, roofing, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 02/27/2022

Thank you for the review and for your business!

01/27/2022

Mark D.

I spoke with Ryan Youngren about a potential remodel. I was beyond impressed his professionalism and attentiveness to my needs. We will definitely be reaching out to him when we decide to pull the trigger on our remodel!

Description of Work
Interior Remodel

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 01/27/2022

Thank you so much for the review, [Member Name Removed]! We look forward to working with you!

01/26/2022

Kimberly T.

Value I worked with Ryan Youngren at Hoffman Weber Construction for both a full roof replacement and siding. Ryan was personable and very knowledgeable in all aspects, which allowed me to feel confident with my purchase. The process was painless, efficient, and I was pleased with the final look of my home. I couldn't be happier. I will continue to work with Ryan Youngren for all future projects and have passed him off to friends and family!

Description of Work
Full roofing and siding replacement

Category roofing, siding

Thank you for the great review, [Member Name Removed]!

12/21/2021

S H.

The whole process from beginning to end was painless as can be. No pressure what so ever. No gimmicks like the others had. No sign today for this deal crap. Pete the project manger was very nice & easy to deal with. Updates were right as things happened as they said it would. Reese & Ryan were our installers. 4 windows & a door. Very pleasant guys! It's an old house so they found a few issues along the way but took care of them. I witnessed MANY extra steps that they were taking along the way & it was really nice to see. Just don't see that much anymore... All in all a great experience! We are very happy with the end result & will for sure hire them again.... The only complaint would be it was pushed out a couple times but what isn't these days....

Description of Work
New windows & a door

Category replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 12/09/2021

We are [Member Information Removed] glad to hear that you had a great experience with us! Thank you [Member Information Removed] much for the review!

10/19/2021

Dolly L.

I would never ever use this company again & I would not recommend others to either. We hired this company to replace two exterior doors and some siding on our home. We were clear that work needed to be done within 2 months as we were preparing to sell our home and had a timeline. The sales person was great - super organized, friendly and professional. He also felt that our timeline wouldn't be a problem as the material we were using was typically stocked. However, once we paid our initial deposit, we did not hear from them for weeks & correspondence went unanswered. It was inferred that our material would be ordered upon deposit receipt and that work would begin within 6 weeks. After many calls, our material was ordered about 5 weeks after deposit submission and then the doors were not due in for 4 more weeks. We ended up purchasing our own doors to get the work started. They were in stock at Menards. Our experience did not get better when work began. They started a day early without our knowledge. A section of siding was removed that we asked them to leave & when I confronted our project manager about it he said he remembered that we didn't want that siding off, but we "will like it better" with it redone. Additionally, because they were a day early, I did not have opportunity to protect my gardens as I planned to do and my Hastas, which were 2 feet from the house, were trampled nearly flat. They also left all the removed siding all over our yard and gardens because the dumpster hadn't been delivered yet when they were there. When the person came to install our doors they cut our doorbell without asking us and lied about it, saying it didn't work anyway (it did). I insisted they fix it and I believe they billed us for the fix, masking it as the fee to re-install 2 exterior lights after the siding was complete: $800 to install 2 lights and then a $400 permit that was never pulled, nor required to be. When we pushed back about the non existent permit they removed that charge, but so far have refused to budge on the $800 bill to re-hang two exterior lights. A huge reason we had the siding done was to cover a former hole where a window AC was. We asked them to fill the hole with insulation before putting the siding on, something that was talked about in the initial consult, and we were told "it would be fine without" that it didn't matter. They were fairly dismissive and disrespectful to us when we spoke up about this. Finally, after many frustrating phone calls and photo texts sent, it was done. We did not receive a single apology for the doorbell cut, the section of siding removed, or our poor experience in general until we went to the office and spoke with the owner. Even then, while he was apologetic, he insisted this was not their way and it was a misunderstanding. This was a consistent message through out as we continually expressed our concerns and frustrations: it was all due to "misunderstanding" or "miscommunication". Not one person took responsibility for the continual frustrations caused or the way we were continually disregarded and mal treated. When our final bill was sent it was not itemized, just a total. They did not remove tasks they opted not to do, nor did they remove the doors they did not use because they would not arrive in time. They also included a charge for the siding section that we asked them not to remove. I know this because the total was exactly the same as our original quote was. I asked for these corrections as well as an itemized bill and after a few weeks I received an itemized bill. As I went through I noted the above $1200 electrical charge was on there as well as a $500 permit fee for a permit that was less than $250. We asked for the electrical invoice to understand these charges and they refused to provide. We are still waiting for the permit to be closed out. I have never spent so much money on services provided by a company that clearly does not respect me or my home. Biggest regret of my renovation and summer was hiring HW.

Description of Work
Siding replacement, door replacement & door wraps.

Category siding, doors

Work Completed On 08/20/2021

08/13/2021

Steph H.

Do not work with Keyth Hendricks. Half of what was ordered the day we put money down was later not available. And they take no responsibility for these ongoing issues.

Description of Work
House siding

Category siding

Work Completed On 08/13/2021

06/02/2021

JOAN P.

As always, we are thrilled with the work done by Hoffman Weber Construction. Love the look of the windows - but also the safety factor. The installers were on time, friendly, and did a super job. We would hire them for any of their services.

Description of Work
Glassblock basement windows

Category ceramic tile, replacement windows

Work Completed On 06/02/2021

We are so pleased to hear that you are thrilled with your window project! Thank you, [Member Name Removed], for the review and for your business!

05/17/2021

RITA D.

Not as well as I hoped. The salesman spent time assuring me that there would be a project manager that would stop by every day of work. That did not happen. There were language problems/misunderstandings between the work crew and project manager. We specifically spoke about scheduling issues since the City of North St. Paul is very fussy about overnight parking, weight restrictions, and blocked roads. I made sure they understood that they could not do the work from November - March, since I signed the contract in July of 2020 I did not really think that would be a problem. They called ready to do the work in January of this year, which we had said would not work. Then the work was rescheduled and done in April. When the project manager called in April to say the crew was starting that day, April 5, my husband informed him the garbage bin was not here. The crew worked very hard, some additional insulation was done, and the siding looks great. They cleaned up their tools and mess. The project manager said he would be by to pick up the extra flashing. A month later I still have left over flashing laying in my driveway.

Description of Work
House re sided

Category ceramic tile, gutter repair, siding

Work Completed On 04/06/2021

03/27/2021

Mario P.

Great job, everyone was very professional!

Description of Work
New roof

Work Completed On 03/24/2021

Thank you so much for the feedback and review!

02/15/2021

Judy L.

Project Manager Curt did a great job making sure materials and people were delivered on time and ready to work. The roofing crew was great. Curt drove down on a snowy January day to address a concern, fully explaining why I was seeing what I was seeing. When snow melts and the shingles warm, the issue should resolve itself without any intervention necessary. They have a good warranty, and Curt was very clear about rectifying any problems that may show up. I believe him.

Description of Work
Roof and Gutters Replaced

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 12/01/2020

Our company is built on being honest and a resource for all customers. Curt exemplifies just that. Thank you for the great review!

12/09/2020

Chelsea H.

We had a complex residing project which included removing old cedar shakes and replacing with Hardie shakes and board & batten on a 1940's home with lots of corners and angles. The work done by Mike and Josh was meticulous and they were both enjoyable to have around. John Weber was the project manager and stopped by regularly to make sure the project was going well. Our home looks amazing and many have commented on the attention to detail and high quality finishes. They cut no corners and did amazing work. I would not hesitate to refer Hoffman Weber for any exterior work.

Description of Work
Residing 1940's home with James Hardie

Work Completed On 09/24/2020

Thank you so much for the amazing review, [Member Name Removed]! We always strive for quality and to hear that you are getting compliments on your home makes us happy! We greatly appreciate you recommending us!

08/07/2020

Corrin A.

Joe was great from start to finish he was with us every step of the way explaining the process and making it easy. Thank you Joe for your great care and service!

Description of Work
New Roof -Hail Damage

Category roofing, woodworking

Work Completed On 07/07/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the review and for the recognition of the great work that Joe does! We greatly appreciate it!

08/01/2020

Mary M.

I just got our roof inspected by Keyth. He was very thorough, explained everything in a way I could understand, and put absolutely no pressure on me to choose any particular option. We have not had any work done yet so I cannot speak to quality of craftsmanship, but the inspection and estimate process were very professional and pleasant.

Description of Work
Roofing inspection and estimate

Category roofing, woodworking

Work Completed On 08/01/2020

Keyth is a great asset to our team as he always puts no pressure on the customers. We are so happy to hear that your estimate process was pleasant! Thank you so much, [Member Name Removed]!

07/27/2020

Michael K.

Worked with Keyth Hendricks. He was awesome to work with. Extremely knowledgeable, provided an easy to understand quote in a timely manner. Would highly recommend working with Keyth!

Description of Work
bid on siding replacement

Work Completed On 07/27/2020

Keyth works so well with our customers and he is very knowledgeable! Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your great review and for the recognition of Keyth!

07/24/2020

Matthew J.

Joe and everyone else at Hoffman was extremely professional and friendly during the quoting process. They offered a great full-service approach to our project. It's obvious they would take care of every detail and stand by their work. We were particularly price sensitive on this project and went with a more DIY solution instead, but we will definitely consider Hoffman in the future when our budget is less restricted.

Description of Work
11 Marvin window insert replacements.

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 07/24/2020

Thank you, [Member Name Removed], for the great review and recognition of the great work Joe does! We always stand by the work that we do. Feel free to give us a call at any time if a future project arises!

05/06/2020

Matthew L.

The whole experience was awesome! Clint was the main reason we went with this company. He was very helpful and wanted to make sure we were happy with every decision along the way. When we had questions or concerns he was there with answers. The crew was very fast and efficient. And the follow up to assure we were happy was great. Fantastic company to work with.

Description of Work
Siding redone on single family house

Work Completed On 04/18/2020

Review for Hoffman Weber Construction - 2155 Old Highway 8 NW, Saint Paul, MN - 38544040

Thank you for your review and feedback [Member Name Removed]! Clint puts the needs of the customer first and checks in with them every step of the way. We loved how your project turned out!

03/20/2020

Steph L.

I highly recommend contacting Joe W for any home improvement needs. Our roof installation was a smooth process from start to finish! Our previous shingles ended being discontinued & Joe did a great job explaining the process and working with our insurance to ensure that we got the best possible replacement shingle. I love the color! What a huge improvement on our home!

Description of Work
Roof installation

Category remodeling, roofing

Work Completed On 03/17/2020

[Member Name Removed], we greatly appreciate your amazing review! Joe represents Hoffman Weber in such a positive way and he is great with our customers. We are so happy to hear you are pleased with your entire experience with us!

02/26/2020

Dennis O.

Concerned about my aging roof, I wanted someone with more experience than I to take a look. Naturally everyone wants to sell you a new roof, but Keyth for Hoffman Weber gave me what I was looking - good advice. He checked the roof out and its starting to show it's age, but he saw nothing to indicate a new roof was necessary at the moment. Yes, he stressed, that could certainly change depending on circumstances, but I can put the job off for another 2, maybe 3 years while I'm saving up for the job. This is exactly the professional advice I needed and Hoffman Weber is definitely on my list for future work of any kind. Thanks Keyth!

Description of Work
Roof Inspection

Work Completed On 02/26/2020