Clean Response

Founded 1998 • With Angi since January 2001

480 N Prior Ave

Saint Paul, MN 55104

Clean Response is a complete “One Stop Shop” for disaster recovery and repair resulting from fires, water damage, storms, mold, and trauma scene clean ups. We guarantee a 1 hour response to emergency calls in the metro area, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year. We are locally owned and operated, and have around 30 full-time employees. Clean Response specializes in structural dry downs, document drying, content restoration, and mold remediation. We have state of the art technology and one of the largest equipment inventories in the Midwest, including thermal imaging cameras and truck-mounted desiccant dehumidifiers. Clean Response offers full reconstruction, and works with all insurance carriers. We are also the only restoration company to use a revolutionary 'green' cleaning product and disinfectant made from electrically activated water. Call the certified, experienced professionals at Clean Response for all your emergency and restoration needs. Additional DBA - Clean Response Inc....

08/13/2020

Ivy M.

Terrible start to finish! We had a condo fire that required a full-unit remodel. Trying to get an accurate budget or financial updates from these guys was impossible, even upon completion. I honestly think they make all their pricing up! There is nothing to back-up or show the details of the invoice they submitted to insurance. And we ended up with overages though we constantly asked them to ensure we were staying within budget. I absolutely do not, and would not, trust them. Additionally, our little 750 sq. ft. unit took over 5 months to complete! Despite earlier projections and statements along the way that it would be completed sooner. The several mix-ups along the way that caused the delays were due to a complete lack of project management. For example, the cabinets were not ordered until 2 months into the project though they had been selected weeks prior (and apparently no other work can be done until the cabinets are installed). Furthermore, the wrong plumbing was installed, and the blinds for the ground floor unit were ordered on the last day of the project (when they take 4-6 weeks to come in). Most staff were highly unprofessional and the owner himself is not responsive. When we did speak to him he said the bad estimator was “off our project” which was not true (as we found out when it came time to deal with insurance). Communication was impossible — we constantly received the run around and never had a point person so were stuck fielding calls and emails from many workers; none of which were ever on the same page. All said and done, the unit looks great. Just not worth the headache. I highly recommend you take your business elsewhere!

Description of Work
Condo Restoration (Fire)

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, plumbing, water damage restoration, interior painters, doors

08/14/2015

DAVID F.

My dehumidifier flooded the carpeted basement. They were too busy with other jobs, but they gave me a quick lesson on drying and on what can be preserved and what cannot. They rented me the necessary equipment to do it myself. It all went well, and then they gave me an excellent connection for getting the carpet repaired. It all went as expected and I was happy to get off so inexpensively.

Description of Work
Gave me advice and rented equipment.

Category flooring contractor, water damage restoration

03/23/2015

BENJAMIN R.

Actual workers nice enough but response time from estimators not great. Then it took them 8 months to send me final bill.

Description of Work
Repaired water damage

08/06/2014

Elizabeth L.

The person came to our home promptly, along with our insurance adjuster, and was very professional, courteous, and thorough in the examination and inspection of our roof, siding, attic, interior walls/ceilings. They submitted a report to our insurance company with recommendations/findings in a timely manner. The contact person/examiner that came to our house took several separate phone calls in July and in August with me and with my husband, explaining and answering numerous questions we had regarding our damage report . We were both very impressed with his kind professionalism, and his honesty. Due to the scope of the project changing/less work needing to be done on our home than we anticipated, we did not hire them directly to do the interior work. However, we will not hesitate to hire them to work on our home if we should need it in the future.

Description of Work
An employee of the company came to our home, along with our insurance adjuster, for a second opinion we requested for interior water intrusion/damage our home experienced in early May 2014. They came June 2014 and performed a thorough assessment and report/recommendations of what should be done.

07/14/2014

SONJA I.

So, I waited until ice damming season was over and called again this week (July) to request services. And again I was told that they are too busy and that no one is available to even come and assess what we need. Extremely frustrating since we have been waiting 4 months with water damage, not knowing if we have mold in 2 of our bedrooms or what we need to do to repair the damage and we all have allergies. This company is falsely advertising that they are available to respond 24 hours a day, but it is not true now and it was not true 4 months ago either.

Description of Work
Nothing! This is the second time I called to request their services and was told they are too busy to take any new customers. I first called back in March and got the same message, because so many people had damage from ice damming just like us.

Category water damage restoration

We appreciate you calling us, and we are very sorry we weren't able to help you. From the winter pipe freezes to the spring/summer flooding, this year has been exceptionally busy for the entire restoration industry.

07/12/2014

Jennifer S.

The quality of their work overall was acceptable. However, I am deeply disappointed that I called them at all and that they did not warn me that they have commercial contracts which will take precedent over my home. I called them BEFORE the heavy rains as I discovered a SMALL AMOUNT of water in my crawl space on June 18th. I called them and they scheduled me for June 19th. When I called them the heavy rains had not begun. The heavy rains began after my call and my scheduled appointment. They next day the heavy rains began and they told me they had to postpone my service call as they had contracted commercial accounts that needed to be served before mine. If I had known that they would give priority to other customers should a water emergency occur I would have called someone who JUST SERVED RESIDENTIAL CUSTOMERS. Clean Responses primary customers are commercial accounts. Do not call them if you are a residential account. There are other providers who do water extraction. If I had called someone else, and all the raining occurred like it did, I would have been lucky enough to have already scheduled my appointment. By the time they got there on Saturday (as opposed to Thursday), it went from a small amount of water surrounding my water heater, to 4 inches of water in my entire crawl space because they delayed servicing me after the heavy rains so they could service their commercial accounts. I also did not get the $100.00 Angie's List coupon discount. Now they want to bill me over $1200.00. My costs would have been a lot less had the come at our originally scheduled appointment. BIG MISTAKE. I spoke with Andy and he was willing to negotiate and I will be paying $700.00. Andy and his team are professional and do a good job. I do not have experience with these emergency kinds of service providers...but I would ask them, before you agree to use them if they are primarily residential or commercial and get assurance that you will not be rescheduled because some commercial contract you have takes precedence.

Description of Work
Water extraction from my crawl space after heavy rains in June 2014

Category water damage restoration

We try our best to value all of our customers the same, and we apologize if you were told otherwise. Due to the amount of rain we received, you requested service during one of the busiest weeks in the history of our company. We did our best to manage the chaos and get to everyone we could in a timely manner.

03/22/2014

Peter A K.

Very smooth called R. Davis Construction and they took over.

Description of Work
Steered me to R. Davis Construction

Glad we could help!

10/07/2013

Steven J.

Our sewer backed up while we were on vacation. Clean Response did the initial clean up and also did the repairs. Carpeting was replaced and also a bathroom vanity. They did an excellent job and I would highly recommend them

Description of Work
Clean up from sewer backup and repaired damage.

Category water damage restoration

Thank you for reviewing our company! We're glad we could be there when you needed us.

08/04/2013

Penny E.

They were terrific. Quick on the initial response, extremely good at communicating. It took them two weeks to get in to do the ceiling repair (the initial leak happened the same night of the big storm, there were many claims they were working on). They were responsive to my timetable (I'm selling my condo so the repairs couldn't wait). The workmanship was first rate -- my bathroom looks like new, so does the bedroom ceiling. They were polite, professional, Chris (the project manager) answered all my questions and called to check in on the details. They sent in a professional cleaner when they were finished and left my home looking like a home, not a construction site. You get what you pay for -- I would call them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
My condo association manager called Clean Response to dry out the ceiling in my bathroom and bedroom when the toilet commode in the condo upstairs overflowed while I was out of town. When I came home, they had already run the industrial fans and pulled out the wet insulation. They then fixed the ceiling (bathroom, spot in bedroom), put in new popcorn, and cleaned up the mess.

Category drywall, water damage restoration, mold removal

06/20/2013

Carole R.

They were very responsive in bringing in and setting up the equipment. They also pulled off some carpet padding that had been saturated with water and disposed of it. The area in question was approximately 3' x 12'. I'd been given a general quote of about $500.00 and I had a 200.00 coupon. I was advised that they had a $500.00 minimum but I could apply the coupon for that. The area dried and they came to get the equipment 2 days later. I then received the bill and it included many more hours than I could account for. When I inquired why this was, I was told that it included time to get to the job, doing paperwork and actual time on the job. And, if they were to adjust the invoice for what I thought was correct, it would fall under the $500.00 minimum and I would not be able to use the $200.00 coupon. I personally don't feel that I received even close to that amount of service. If I'd had more time to research suppliers, I would have chosen someone else that may not have been that expensive. I'm guessing that they are better at much larger scale issues.

Description of Work
Provided fans and dehumidifier for a small area that had some water issues.

05/21/2013

Abhishek R.

My experience with this company was great. They responded very quickly when I called them and they came right away. They were very effective and they did a very good job. I had no problems with their excellent service. The staff was pretty good. What I liked the most about them is that when I gave them the call, they said that they could come today and they finished very quickly.

Description of Work
I used Clean Response about three weeks ago to provide some drain cleaning services for me.

Category water damage restoration

Thanks for the feedback! Glad we could help!

03/12/2013

Andrew D.

I used Clean Response for water damage clean-up and room re-construction after a ball valve burst in our lower level home office. The wall drywall, insulation and carpet were soaked. A Clean Response job estimator quickly assessed the issue and a team arrived within two hours to begin clean-up work. The clean-up team pulled up the carpet, removed wet carpet padding and used high-grade dehumidifiers to dry out the room. For three days, the clean-up team came back to check the dehumidifiers progress, communicating tasks each time and arriving at scheduled times. Initially, I was very impressed with the respectfulness of the clean-up team's work in our home. The job estimated was quoted at $1200 and I was told this included clean-up and re-construction. Once the water was removed from the room, I was told the original estimator would be in touch again to schedule a construction team to put the room back together again. The original estimator coordinated a date for reconstruction and then provided me with an additional quote for that job when originally, I was let to believe by the clean-up team the original estimate of $1200 would cover the total project. At this point, I needed the room put back together so I agreed to the additional cost. Another worker came to complete the room re-construction. His work was average, missing several areas I pointed out during the initial re-construction walk-through. The construction worker replace the carpet padding and replaced / re-caulked the wall trim. I was particularly dissatisfied with one piece of trim that seemed to be shoved into place (instead of cut to fit the length of wall) and filled with caulk where it didn't lay against the wall correctly. Several pieces of the wall and window trim were still cracked and not repaired upon his completion. I called Clean Response to pay my total bill (now $1600) and explained my experience. He apologized for the misses in service and offered to either discount my bill or have the work repaired. I opted to have the work repaired. A different construction worker from Clean Response arrived the next week and fixed every issue. Our home office is now back in order and I'm satisfied with the level of work provided. I just wish it could've been done right the first time without having to complain about the quality of work performed. Overall, I'd use Clean Response again but next time, I'd pay more attention to the work as its being completed and would get the complete estimate in writing from the job estimator (not the field clean-up or construction teams). I did appreciate the company's willingness to correct errors and the overall friendliness of both office and employees was very good.

Description of Work
Immediate clean-up of water damaged including wet drywall, insulation and carpet. Used professional dehumidifiers to dry water in soaked room. Replaced wall trim and carpet padding. Paint touch-up and caulking.

07/06/2012

Cathy S.

They adverized emergency services and they arrived within hours after I called and did the work right away. The people who did the work were friendly and professional.

Description of Work
Cleaned, sanitized and dried basement after heavy rains and a sewer pipe clog flooded my basement.

Category water damage restoration

Thanks you very much! Glad we were able to help!

05/10/2012

Matthew B.

Although expensive, I was happy with the service. They came out quickly, service started right away, and the daily checks for progress were professional and quick. It's not something you can really mess around with: if you have a flood in your basement, you've got to take care of it to avoid mold and damage to walls. These guys have experience, and I needed them.

Description of Work
Recovery for flooding in my basement. This flooding was caused by my child. Someday it will be funny. He put the hose in the egress window well, and it ran at full for 14 hours. I called Clean Response based on ratings and feedback from Angie's list. My father and I spent about 3 hours vacuuming up as much water as possible with shop vacs, but there's a lot of carpet in our basement, and the stain-guard padding was trapping the moisture. Clean response came in with moisture sensors and far more expertise than I possess, and made their recommendations for services. I asked them only to dry it out, which included taking out baseboards, drilling holes in the walls where the baseboards covered, ripping out the padding from under the carpet, then the drying: 6 huge fans and 2 huge dehumidifiers. I did not ask them to restore the carpet padding, stretch the carpet or replace the baseboards.

Category water damage restoration

Hey Member, We really appreciate the feedback! You're right, "someday" it will all be funny, but water damage is never much fun at the time. We hope the "someday" comes soon, though. As for the price, we tried to keep it as low as we could for the amount of work we did. We even came in a little under our initial estimate because we were able to remove the drying machines early. Anyway, hope all is well! And keep an eye on those hoses!

10/01/2011

JULIE S.

Went extremely well. I was amazed how fast they got things looking MUCH better. I had an inch of mud on the floor in the basement after a flood, and they moved things around, and got the situation under control very quickly. They definitely knew what they were doing, and once they arrived, I didn't worry about it any more. The whole process took almost a week of coming and going, because we had to allow time for the basement to dry out and for the hand-cleaning squad to get their work done. But the basement was in great shape when they left.

Description of Work
There was a muddy flood in my basement. The Clean Response team were there the next day and sucked up all the water and mud, then power-washed the floor. They brought in industrial dehumidifiers and fans, then sent in someone to go over everything with disinfectant.

09/07/2011

MICHAEL H.

CLEAN RESPONSE - Carpet Cleaning Clean Response, did a hallway carpet, and a throw rug that was on the floor. What stood out to me, was that he took the throw rug with him so he could do a better job on it. When he bought the rug back, it looked good. We have used them about 3 times in the last 5 years. They send the same person, which is kind of nice, because you can get to know him. He seems knowledgeable of what he is doing. I don't see any reason to switch to anyone else. We are satisfied with his work, and it is the same person each time, that is what I like about them.

Description of Work
CLEAN RESPONSE - Carpet Cleaning We used Clean Response, to clean a couple of rugs and carpet. It was in October of last year. It cost $100.

03/28/2011

TIM K.

Everything was great with them. They were timely, and they did a good job. They did not leave a mess at all. The price was decent. I would use them again in the future if necessary.

Description of Work
I used Clean Response for carpet cleaning.

05/09/2010

TIM K.

Clean response quickly assessed the situation, we didn't know what to do, they set a plan in motion that completely took care of the water damage. The damaged walls are now back to new.

Description of Work
removed 40 feet of wet sheetrock in four rooms and insulation between our walls and condo next door, brought in fans and dehumidifiers to dry out walls, re-sheetrocked, taped and mudded. Included removing and resetting bathroom vanity and finish carpentry (baseboards, trim).

12/01/2009

Sheila & Jason B.

They came out on the exact day that I called. The quality of their work is fantastic. The people were great and the floor is awesome.

Description of Work
We used Clean Response Restoration &Cleaning for carpet cleaning.

05/24/2009

James S.

A pipe inside the wall of a finished storage room broke and soaked the carpet and an area of drywall and ceiling. We discovered this at 7:30 a.m. I spoke by phone with Andy in the office, and Cory was on-site in one hour. Cory made 3 separate trips to address the water problem and to make sure everything was dried completely. Chris and Richardo came later to complete the work on the drywall, ceiling, and carpeting. Each worker was punctual, courteous, and helpful. The project was completed in an efficient and timely manner. Clean Response did all the work necessary except the plumbing repair and the carpet cleaning. This was a stressful situation, which the company representatives recognized and dealt with.

Description of Work
Vacuumed up water from wet carpet, removed wet carpet pad, and dried out carpet. Installed new carpet pad and tacked down carpet. Removed wet drywall, wet ceiling, baseboard, and wet insulation. Installed new drywall and ceiling and finished and painted same. Reinstalled baseboard.

01/15/2009

KAREN M.

They were very responsive. They came out right away to start on the drying process. They did a good job on everything except now there is a bulging of the seams in the living room. They said that they would be here after Christmas to correct the situation. There was a problem with the billing which needs to be straightened out with the insurance company and the company.

Description of Work
They dried down the water damage caused by an upstairs bathroom. This affected my ceiling, walls, floor on the main floor and the ceiling in the basement. They re-constructed the ceiling, soffit and walls in the living room and the ceiling in the basement.

11/26/2008

Norm G.

They were very thorough. The price was quoted when they arrived. They did a very nice job. It is a one person business. He was very courteous and gave us some tips on how to keep the carpet clean afterward.

Description of Work
They came, and we had them clean two rooms and two hallways.

08/11/2008

Sally S.

Our basement flooded the week before our daughter's wedding (sump failed). Clean Response arrived within an hour of being called, suctioned the water, lifted and removed the carpet pad, hauled any damaged possessions, and left huge dehumidifiers and fans to dry the area. They checked the house daily, removed their equipment promptly, and arranged for re-carpeting. Within 10 days, the basement was cleaned, dried, recarpeted, all furniture (including weight bench and pool table) had been moved and replaced, doors rehung and base molding reinstalled. (They even went to the hardware store to get wood putty to match the baseboards). They also took two large rugs to be cleaned and dried, and recommended a plumber for my faulty sump. Everybody on their team is EXTREMELY NICE, hard working and FAST. WE LOVE THESE GUYS!!!! I hope we don't need to call them again, but I am so grateful to them. The world is a better place with this team in it! I can't tell you much about pricing, they were the first number we called. We have had some insurance help with this as well.

Description of Work
Suctioned and dried flooded basement. Removed carpet pad and any items needing hauling. Cleaned area rugs. Arranged for re-carpeting. Moved all furniture. Removed and rehung doors and base molding as needed. ALL FAST!

Category carpet cleaners, water damage restoration, basement waterproofing, doors

03/10/2008

DAVE S.

Project went as expected. Outstanding response, and highly professional in their approach.

Description of Work
Water heater leaked during the night and soaked carpeted basement. Called Clean Response after checking with Angie's List. They came within an hour of my call to them, inspected the damage, outlined what needed to be done, and gave me a ballpark estimate. I OKed the project, and they went right to work, vacuuming up the water, and removing the carpet which included moving heavy furniture. Saved pieces of carpet for the insurance adjuster. Installed several blowers to dry basement.

08/07/2006

RENEE B.

Clean Response was timely, very polite and efficient. Andy the estimator worked with my insurance company and Todd, the field supervisor did a wonderful job with the house. I needed to work during the day, and I had no problems giving them access to my home. They were very respectful and wonderful to work with.

Description of Work
During the hottest week of summer, the tube draining the air exchanger from an attic AC unit leaked behind the sheetrock wall in my bathroom, ruining not only the first floor bathroom, but the basement bath as well. I called Clean Response and they were there the next day to make and estimate and start ripping up and drying out the damaged walls. Not only did they dry it out, but they were able to do an excellent job of reconstruction as well. While they were there, they fixed a leaky toilet and managed to arrange for and supervise the attic airconditioner repair (a very difficult task that particular week). They coordinated everything with my insurance carrier. They were clean and polite and kept me informed every step of the way.