APEX Construction Management LLC

Founded 2003 • With Angi since November 2005

3711 Pineview Dr

Saint Paul, MN 55127

APEX Construction Management LLC is a 2018 CotY Award winning design/build firm that specializes in residential remodeling and provides professional design and project management services for projects of all sizes. The National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) named APEX Regional

10/28/2020

Val W.

Fabulous!! Our home is over a hundred years old, and one of main concerns was having the new addition look like it has always been a part of the home. Mission accomplished! The attention to detail speaks for itself! The project manager, Matt, was very knowledgeable, and easy to get a hold of if you had any questions. They have an excellent designer, Lisa, that helped us pick out appropriate colors, tile, lights, etc. We couldn’t be happier with JB, and his whole team of professionals that turned our dream into a reality!!

Description of Work
We had a main floor bathroom, mud room, and back yard patio added in to our house

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, concrete repair, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, insulation, plumbing, siding, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

10/20/2020

Carlos R C.

JB and Matt were great partners throughout the project! We really enjoyed working with them both. Matt especially was involved in a lot of our decision making and helped us move through a couple of bumps on the project. We appreciated their commitment to getting tasks done the right way!” Carlos said. “We would highly recommend APEX to anyone thinking of having some home remodeling done. We were most impressed with how accurate their schedule with regards to when tasks would get done, and how quickly it went once we had agreed on the scope of the project / had a start date. They have a strong commitment to customer satisfaction, which we appreciated!

Description of Work
Basement remodel, including creating a new bedroom, new bathroom, and installing new fiberglass windows.

02/03/2020

Barbara C.

Apex did a great job from start to finish. Professional, quality work, on time and on budget. The designer, Lisa Stoll did a wonderful job getting to know our sense of style and coming up with designs that fit and improved on it. JB has a strong sense of integrity and commitment to quality. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bathroom remodel

02/01/2020

GALEN N.

Our basement remodel project was very well organized from start to finish. At the beginning of the project Apex gave us a schedule that identified the days different work crews would be on site. The schedule was followed very closely. The only deviation to the schedule was a little extra time needed for mud to dry due to high summer humidity. J.B. and Matt were enjoyable to work with and promptly answered any questions that we had. The designer had wonderful ideas and was a big help in selecting floor coverings, paint colors and wood finish. The plumbers did a good job in trenching and installation. They also installed a water leak detection device which shuts off the water in case of leaks. The electricians were especially organized and even had their own mobile hanging work bench. The painters seemed to be perfectionists and we appreciated that. The people who installed the shower tile and the floor coverings also did excellent jobs.

Description of Work
Our basement remodel included replacing a freestanding square plastic shower stall with a large tiled shower a few feet away. Rooms remodeled in addition to the bathroom were a family room, bedroom, small storage room, and a large room which is used for laundry/office/exercise bike. Other than enlarging the bathroom by a few feet, the remaining walls stayed in the same location.

02/01/2020

David M.

Electricians were prompted and thorough. We could not have expected any better pricing especially given the quality of their work.

Description of Work
Remodeling project started summer of 2019 with electrical upgrade.

Category electrician, home remodeling

01/31/2020

Renee S.

We hired Apex to remodel our entire kitchen prior to our moving in. I was very nervous about the remodeling process; Apex and their team walked us through everything, were very responsive, and followed through on all aspects of the job. The designer understood what we wanted and was wonderful. Would recommend to anyone!

Description of Work
Complete kitchen remodel, including dining area and adjacent sitting room

01/31/2020

chris S.

Kitchen remodel process went great, everything was completed on schedule, on budget (no hidden fees) and Apex was responsive and fixed any items I had with no questions asked.

Description of Work
Whole kitchen remodel

10/23/2018

Gary M.

Great. On time and schedule. Cleaned up after each day. No mess

Description of Work
Bathroom and interior patio door

Category home remodeling, doors

10/19/2018

Caroline S.

This is the 3rd time I've used APEX. Highly recommend. They aren't the least expensive, but you get quality and service for the price.

Description of Work
basement finishing

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, plumbing, home remodeling, basement remodeling

10/16/2018

Linda H.

The work was done well and in a timely manner. The project leader and designer were very responsive to questions and requests. I’m very happy with the results.

Description of Work
Full remodel on master bathroom and partial remodel on guest bathroom.

06/14/2017

Logan S.

Their price was pretty representative, it just turned out to be a much more expensive job than I anticipated.

Description of Work
They came out and provided a free estimate.

Category basement remodeling

Thank you for considering APEX. The truth is few homeowners know what remodeling costs until they share their goals with an experienced contractor. The other truth is that remodeling costs tend to increase each year. One strategy to achieve goals without compromising quality is to pursue big projects in phases. We wish you the best.

06/03/2017

Kathleen W.

Apex was wonderful to work with from estimate through design to completion. We wanted a bathroom with modern amenities but in a style period-appropriate to our home. We replaced the shower/tub combo with a walk-in shower. The project was completed as scheduled and within budget. Workers showed up on time and cleaned up at the end of each day. Everyone was friendly, respectful, responsive, and professional. We felt they really listened and understood our vision for the project. Many thanks to the Apex crew, especially JB, Matt, Tony, and Steve.

Description of Work
Remodeling a small (7'8" x 7'3") guest bathroom in a 110 year old home.

Category home remodeling

You were absolutely wonderful clients to work with! We knew from day one that this project was destined for success because of the cheerful, can-do attitude that you always had. You really understand the vagaries and nuances of remodeling a 110 year old house and were so accommodating throughout the construction process which made it go so smoothly. Many of the APEX Team members said that they had a lot of fun working with you on your project. Even [Redacted], your adorable little family dog, had a good time 'helping' us get the job done - JB

05/17/2017

Barbara B.

My project with Apex started well, slowed after I hired Apex’s preferred independent designer at Apex’s suggestion, and ended abruptly, when Apex demanded that I sign a contract with inaccurate and incomplete scope of work. The estimate (scope of work) that was part of the contract included things I did not want done, left off things I did, with considerable ambiguity on the cabinet design and TBD start date - after refusing to allow me to review or give input to the specifications, or even letting me know that this would be the final estimate ahead of time. The contract price was very specific, with each modification requiring a negotiated change order. It spelled out the terms for price increases due to change orders, but had no mention of price decreases—for say, one of the things I had considered an option, and didn’t want to do at all, something included in error, or a part coming in under the listed allowance. Since only a final price was given, with no subcategory prices except for supplier prices (but not cabinet supplier price), and allowances for additional plumbing, electrical and hardware, it would be impossible for me to assess or challenge price increases due to change orders, or how much reduction I should expect if they allowed me to delete tasks or make cost reducing changes. Apex refused to consider a new estimate, saying it was “ready to sign off by all measures” as is, so I ended the project. The last week was very stressful. I came to realize that a breakdown in communication (within Apex-designer-me) had occurred at least a few weeks before and was very disappointed that Apex didn’t recognize their role in that and agree to re-group. One factor that contributed to the miscommunication was that the Apex project manager left the project shortly after its start, with Apex owner taking over, then the project manager returned to do the final estimate. I was also puzzled by the apparent, but not specified, constraints that Apex put on my access to suppliers. Perhaps most troubling was Apex’s lack of interest in what parameters needed to be changed in the estimate. I appreciated the designer’s many suggestions, but decisions on much of what we discussed were left open, and those ideas, along with a number of decisions made, were left out of the estimate/scope of work. The “final estimate”: While some details were spelled out (e.g. kitchen faucet part #), some major components were left to the imagination (e.g. kitchen cabinet height & cabinet/counter arrangement). I later learned from the designer that the cabinets had been priced at full ceiling height, even though the estimate did not include a provision for soffit removal, a necessary step to include cabinets at full height. Things that the designer had asked me to consider as options (e.g. replacement of powder room vanity and cabinet, dining room flooring, removal of some half-walls) were, seemingly randomly, either included as an integral part of the project or not at all. Changes from the previous estimate that I had discussed with the designer (e.g. melamine in place of maple dovetail drawer boxes) were not addressed. Things that I had indicated from the start I did not want were listed in the estimate (e.g. pull out shelves, trash roll out). None of my input from the electrical supplier (light fixtures) were included. The estimate did include labor for removing and installing a fixture I wasn’t able to identify, while not including labor for fixtures I specified. None of the input I supplied directly to Apex by email, either before or after the last estimate was in process, was included. Visits to counter and cabinet suppliers were “in the future.” I had only a vague idea of what I would be buying for these major components. Final Note: Be aware of Apex’s contract payment schedule: (Didn’t bother me until I realized what they would be using as the scope of work.) 40% Materials Deposit (i.e. at contract signing) 30% Framing Completion (shortly after start) 20% Drywall Completion (presumably before the first cabinet is installed) 10% Project Completion

Description of Work
kitchen remodel, additional flooring, painting, electrical and plumbing

Category electrician, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

Integrity is the cornerstone of APEX's values, and we always hope it is shared by those who contact us. We regret the communications breakdown experienced over two months of providing free design and project planning services. It is unfortunate we were not a fit for your project, but we are grateful for the consistent "A" grades we receive from the many families who do entrust their remodeling to APEX. We wish you well.

05/02/2017

Marilyn S.

Excellent. Very responsive to changes. Good communication As to progress and cost

Description of Work
Remodel kitchen

Category home remodeling

We always strive for a straight A report card. Thank you for helping us maintain our GPA. I especially appreciate that you pointed out your satisfaction with our communication performance.

01/06/2017

Mary W.

Wonderfully well. They were very responsive and helpful all along the way. The bathroom came in under budget and is beautiful.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel and new large front window.

Category replacement windows, home remodeling

We are delighted you are pleased with your new bathroom. We could not have asked for a nicer client. Thank you.

12/26/2016

BW S.

I filled out the contact page on Apex's website (linked from Angie's List) looking to get a quote on a bathroom upgrade, which I assumed would involve scheduling a visit. I did receive a reasonably prompt reply; however, that reply was simply to ask for a phone number for Apex to call me. I responded with my phone number and an explanation that I had not included it in the first place, because email is a far more effective and efficient way to communicate with me. I then received a few voicemails from Apex, but never providing anything other than a request to call them back. On at least one of these occasions, I was actually home, but did not answer the call, because, for reasons I can't explain, whatever phone system Apex uses does not identify itself to my caller ID, and I do not answer unidentified calls. After a couple weeks of this, I followed up with another email, re-explained the situation, and asked if they could reply via email with whatever information they needed from me to move forward, and I would supply it. Again, I received a reasonably prompt email reply, stating that they always ask three questions: 1) description of work to be done, 2) budget, and 3) time frame. I was a little put off by the request for a job description, since I had provided that with the initial contact form, but I figured that since we were at least corresponding now, I'd humor them. I provided another (fairly detailed) description of what I was looking to have done, as well as the time frame I was looking to have the work completed (at the time, about 4-5 months in the future). In regard to the budget, I again explained that I was looking for quotes, so that while I did have an ideal figure I was hoping to stay within (which I also provided), I was more interested in getting a quote from them than worrying about how much I was able/willing to spend. That was five weeks ago, and I've never heard anything more from them. I don't know if they just decided my job was too small (if so, why do they advertise that they do bathrooms?), if they just couldn't be bothered to via email (if so, why do they have a contact form on their website?), if they just didn't want to put something in writing (which would be a major red flag if so), or some other reason. Regardless, they've apparently decided they don't even want to schedule a visit, let alone provide a quote and hopefully score some business. If hired, they may do great work, but if they make it this difficult just to schedule a visit to get a quote, I can only imagine what a nightmare of communication actually working with them could turn into.

Description of Work
bathroom upgrade

Category home remodeling

We regret the communications challenges. We hope you were able to find another remodeler who was a better fit for your budget. As our many customer reviews reflect, we work hard to earn A ratings from the homeowners we serve. We are sorry we were not able to meet your needs.

10/28/2016

Robert W.

They did it in our absence with no complaints at our end. Neatly done

Description of Work
2Bathrooms

Category home remodeling, basement remodeling

Thank you, [Member Name Removed], for sharing your APEX Construction Management experience.

10/28/2016

Janice O.

Apex's schedule was on time on despite having a problem with the drywall installer who was a no show on their scheduled day. After advising JB of our concerns, he took care of the problem immediately and made sure the job was completed to his and our expectations. All of the workers were great. They did their jobs well and always asked if we had questions. Matt, the project manager, was on the job early every morning to talk to us and asked if we had concerns and how could they make improvements. Our kitchen has two steps down to our family room so Matt worked with us and created and installed a beautiful cherry wood railing. The preliminary work was completed on time so Hearthwood could install the cabinets. After the cabinets were installed, Apex returned to complete the installation of appliances, sink, and lighting. Apex customer service was excellent and JB followed up with us several times to make sure we were happy with their work long after our job was completed. We are very happy with the final results and have had many compliments. Apex is a well run company and they exceeded out expectations.

Description of Work
It was time for our 1968 kitchen and dining room to go so we contacted Hearthwood Kitchens to design a new, open concept kitchen for us. Apex Construction was the contractor who completed the preliminary work. They tore down walls, framed the new kitchen, replaced two windows, insulated the walls, moved heating ducts, did electrical work and installed the drywall.

Category home remodeling

Dear [Member Name Removed] and Denis. We are very grateful for this wonderful review on Angie's List. And thanks again for allowing us to post your video on our APEX website.

10/20/2016

Laura L.

Everything went smoothly. The estimate was a little hard for me to decipher, but JB, the owner of APEX, explained it to our satisfaction. The showrooms they sent us to had very friendly, professional staff and we were able to find what we wanted. The granite we picked came out under the original bid (we had started out asking about Silestone), and then we decided to add another small countertop in to the project. Throughout, Apex worked with us to make sure we were satisfied. They were present during the installation and worked efficiently and professionally. We are extremely satisfied and would certainly use them again!

Description of Work
APEX Tore out an old Corian island countertop as well as 2 others and replaced it with granite. Replaced sink and cooktop.

Category home remodeling

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thanks for this nice review. We are happy you are pleased with your updated kitchen. We appreciate the straight A's report card.

09/24/2016

MIKE AND LINDA A.

Apex did a wonderful job. Love the results. Job came in on-time and kept to budget. Have referred others.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bath remodel

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, insulation, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Dear [Member Name Removed]. So kind of you to post this straight A's report card on Angie's List. Thank you for referring us to your friends and neighbors in Stillwater and around the Twin Cities.

09/05/2015

Glen C.

All of the work done by the Apex team was first-rate, including installation of the roofing, siding, and windows. The code requirements in our suburb required 'matching exterior appearance' to our 20+ year home, and the Apex team did a flawless job of matching the siding and roof appearance to the existing home design. The team provided regular progress updates and step-by-step review of the work schedule, so we always had full details on the status of the project and target completion dates. They were very professional in every aspect of the project. We are very pleased with the entire project and would not hesitate to engage Apex again for a future project or to recommend Apex to friends.

Description of Work
We began this project based on sketches and reference models, and decided on a customized design by Apex that met our needs and budget. Building code requirements limited our options, but Apex matched everything perfectly.

Category home remodeling

Dear [Member Name Removed], This straight A's report card means a lot to us. Thank you for trusting your home to APEX Construction Management.

09/02/2015

Wayne W.

Overall the project went very well and was completed on time. The project used some new materials and John's team had the experience and knowledge to integrate and produce a custom look for our house. John was instrumental in suggesting and helping use make decisions to produce the look we envisioned. I was very happy how they cleaned up after every work day much more than I expected for a project in process. The team was very courteous and answered all my questions immediately or soon there after. I also liked the daily in person or scheduled calls with John or Matt to catch up on the progress and next steps. There were no surprises! Upon completion Matt walked us through a punch list to verify that all work was completed to our expectations. We get many compliments from neighbors and visitors on the new makeover for our home. John, Matt and the entire Apex team are really great to work with and provide top notch service. I highly recommend them for your project!

Description of Work
John and his team completely re-sided the house. This included tearing off all the old siding, water barrier, and seals around the windows. They fixed any sheathing that was rotted or deteriorated. Replaced the water barrier and all window seals. Then applied the siding and trim.

Category handyman service, siding, replacement windows, home remodeling

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate your kind words and the straight A's report card.

08/27/2015

dawn W.

JB and his team were delightful to work with. We were extremely pleased with the quality of the work they performed and the professionalism they displayed while working on our project. Their trouble shooting and communication skills were top notch as challenges arose thought the process, which they often do with an older home. We are very pleased with the final product, and will use APEX again in the future.

Description of Work
Remodeled our kitchen and sunroom including new windows, doors and siding.

Category remodeling, siding, replacement windows, home remodeling, doors, sunrooms

Dear [Member Name Removed], Your positive review means the word to us. It was a pleasure to work with you.

08/18/2015

Adam B.

John was very pleasant to talk to in our phone conversation. I appreciated his honesty and advice about our project. You know they are giving you the truth when suggesting you don't use there services. If I ever have a larger project I will consult APEX again.

Description of Work
Over the phone, talked through my project in detail and offered good advice even though it was suggesting I don't use APEX.

Category home remodeling

APEX is not the best fit for every project. If you have a larger project someday, I hope you will contact us again.

03/09/2015

Kim S.

I liked them a lot. They did a great job. Their price was just to high.

Description of Work
The did an estimate for my bathroom remodel.

Category home remodeling

Thank you for your great review.

Monarch Painting

Monarch Painting offers reliable service and quality work at reasonable prices. We are fully insured, members of the Better Business Bureau, and have over twenty years combined experience. We can also help with wallpaper removal, light wall repair, and color consultation. • Monarch Painting uses Low or Zero VOC paint for your green painting solutions. Paints, adhesives, and other protective finishes are often formulated with solvents (or VOCs) to improve performance and durability. VOCs are unstable, carbon-containing compounds that readily vaporize into the air. When they enter the air, they react with other elements to produce ozone, which causes air pollution and a host of health issues including breathing problems, headaches, burning, watery eyes and nausea. Some VOCs also have been linked to cancer, as well as kidney and liver damage. • We are an EPA Certified Lead-Safe painting company, which means we take special care to protect our customers from the dangers of older lead-based paints. Award winning.

Complete Custom Painting

Complete Custom Painting offers interior and exterior residential and commercial painting in the Twin Cities and Seven Country Metro Area. Since we were founded in 2005 we have completed hundreds of paint jobs. Our experience is second to none. Our company has a history of maintaining a quality, detailed relationship with its customers. Every bid we give to a customer includes a well thought through description of the work to be completed. We take into consideration the homeowners goals and objectives and customize their job to achieve their desired result.

Offers Coupon

Angel JR Painting

We are providers of painting services in the Minneapolis area. Our mission is to maintain the highest quality and professionalism from start to finish. We are confident in our results because all our jobs are custom needs to each home. We strive for the highest degree of quality products and workmanship. During the years in business, Angel JR Painting has satisfied many customers. It is our reputation of quality work, professionalism and customer service that our customers continue to rely on us for their needs. To understand the needs and expectations of our customers, we take great care to work and communicate with every customer in a professional manner. We base our reputation on service, safety, and quality. Contact us today and find out how we can meet all of your painting needs! Additional phone number: (612) 388-3646

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

BC566127
    Minnesota
    Minnesota: Contractors
    03/31/2024
    Check, Financing Available

Remodeling-general: Home additions, kitchen, basement & bathroom renovations. Garages. Home theaters. Saunas. Attic renovations. Porches. Decks. Pergolas. Sunrooms. Architectural & interior design services.

Handyman.