Albrecht Company

Founded 1968 • With Angi since April 2003

1408 W County Road C

Roseville, MN 55113

Since 1968, our family owned and operated business has provided commercial and residential customers throughout the Twin Cities with quality landscape, irrigation, and excavation services. We are proud to have established long-term relationships with so many of our clients. We take the time to know the people that we serve and their property so that we can best serve their specific needs. We specialize in: -Irrigation service and installation -Landscape design/build including walls, pavers, plantings, water features, and more. -Commercial snow removal -Excavation including drainage remediation -Site work including demolition, grading, and concrete/asphalt services Give us a call today for more information or to schedule an estimate!...

04/18/2017

Amy R.

He was amazing. He did beautiful work. I don't have anything negative to say. I do not have any constructive feedback for him. He just does beautiful work. I will hire him again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Wood work.

Category contractors

07/02/2016

Lynn C.

Description of Work

Category landscaping, tree service, woodworking

09/10/2015

Lynn C.

I called this company a few days ago and set up an appointment to come over to look at a damaged retaining wall from a recent storm and I am sitting here waiting for either a phone call or for them to show up! Well I take it they are not coming and do not want my business! It's to bad because besides the retaining wall I have many other things I want done to our property. Services they claim to provide! After reading these reviews I won't even bother calling them back. It looks like they call who they feel like calling. UPDATE: I would have given this company a better rating (and I originally gave them a F) if they would have showed up for our scheduled appointment in the am. I did receive a call later in the afternoon from Matt Johnson who apologized for missing the appointment. He then did come right over which I appreciated. He was very nice. I can overlook the missed appointment, things like this do happen. Right now I am waiting for a quote for the work. Update: They did give me quote for the retaining wall repair along with some ideas for it that I liked very much. I think I will wait untill Spring to do the work and probably will use this company to it.

Description of Work
Nothing because they did not show up for our appointment! Nor did they call! Update: They did call later in the day and apologized. Update: Came back and gave me some good ideas for my damaged retaining wall.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, hardscaping

05/06/2015

Ralph K.

They have done a good job of maintaining the system that they installed.

Description of Work
We have used Albrecht Company to service our irrigation. They installed the system.

02/04/2015

Cara N.

They come every year and blow out the sprinklers in the fall for us. Sometimes the office will call in October and ask if we want to be on the schedule. In recent years they did not call and I had to remember on my own to make an appointment. Sometimes things need fixing in the spring and they have helped with those repairs. I have never had a problem.

Description of Work
winterization blow out sprinklers

08/14/2014

Sandy S.

Poor responsiveness and lack of professionalism. If we had checked Angie's List in advance, we wouldn't have even bothered to call this company to begin with because other members have had the same type of experience with them.

Description of Work
We needed lawn drainage issue addressed and we called and spoke to the owner. We were told he would come out in the next few days to look at our situation and give us an estimate. Four business days passed and we heard nothing, so we called him again and were told he went on vacation!

04/22/2014

Kimberly M.

We have used Albrecht consistently for the last 10 years. They come out in the spring to get our sprinkler system up and running, fixing any broken sprinkler heads and adjusting the timing of the system. They return in the fall to do the fall blow out. The repairmen that have been to our house have been nothing but completely professional and extremely helpful.

Description of Work
Fall sprinkler blow out

03/13/2014

Donald F.

I have had really good luck with Angie's List. I have come up with responsible people from Angie's List. I have like Angie's List a lot. I am the decision maker and I have to call the shots. We have been stung a few times with lawn service, tree services that have come in and left a mess. This guy from Angie's List cleaned up the mess and I liked the service a lot. With Angie's List services I have only been stung once and that wasn't a bad or terrible deal. I just need to be able to pull it up when I need something and look at the reviews and see how people are grading things. I think the price must be reasonable as you need to find responsible people. When you needed it, it is there. I am impressed with people and thought have been professional, kind of seemed to work at the same standard that I would if I were in business. It is that high. They have all seemed fair and I haven't felt threatened at all when they come into the house. I will keep using Angie's List in the future as need be.

Description of Work
I have used Angie's List services.

10/14/2013

Thomas L.

It didn't go because they did not return phone calls

Description of Work
Did not return 7 phone calls that we made . each time person answering assured us they would call back

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

09/18/2013

noname N.

The company representative came to the house and assessed our needs, promising to come up with a plan and quote for the work needed. I had previously used this company for installing an irrigation system, and the did a good job, so I was encouraged. However, after 3 weeks with out the promised return call, I called for an update. On 2 different days I failed to contact the rep, and did not receive a call back. Subsequently, on 2 separate occasions I went to their office in attempts to find out if they were going to proceed with a plan and estimate or not. The rep was not in either time, which is OK, but again I left messages to please call, and got no response. I can understand if they were too busy to want to take on the project, but at least a quick call to tell me that would be appreciated, rather than totally ignoring my inquiries.

Description of Work
Promise to provide an estimate for some basement waterproofing and landscaping.

Category landscaping, basement waterproofing

07/16/2013

Ingrid G.

I called and talked with someone about my problem. They said they would turn it over to the person that handles that and get back to me to set up an appointment for an estimate. I never heard from them again.

Description of Work
I wanted to hire them to evaluate the grade around my house and what needed to be done to keep water from the basement.

11/21/2012

Kelly Z.

I called and spoke with Mr Albrecht and he was very nice over the phone. I explained our situation and asked if they could come out to give us an estimate on the yard work. He agreed that he would come out on the following Monday and would call first. I never heard back from Mr Albrecht or anyone else at the company. Their lack of responsiveness and courtesy to at least call and say they couldn't make it seems very unprofessional to me. I will not do business with them in the future nor will I recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
none - I was seeking an estimate for some drain tile work in our yard

01/21/2012

EMILIE Q.

We originally agreed on a "early October" soft date. (again, this was a fill-in job between larger projects) The workmen showed up very early on November 15 and got busy right away. Two men with a small Bobcat scooped between the two houses until they'd gotten to the right depth. My window wells were raised and stabilized, the membrane was installed, the drain field and standpipes were installed and two loads of black dirt were dropped on the street in front of my house. When the men left for the day, they said they'd be back because they wanted another load of topsoil for additional fill. The next morning they were again hard at it when I left for work. We'd agreed to a slight plan modification (terminating the drainfield in a raingarden) before hand. The workmen were professional, polite, and very, very hard working. They took out overgrown shrubs as agreed, and gently removed a mockorange that I wanted to try and save. One fellow suggested some plants for the site when I mentioned that I was not sure of what to put in the newly open land because of the potential for wet soil. I am very pleased with how the project proceeded. When I am ready to add more fill to my lot, Albrecht's is where I will look for help.

Description of Work
Because my next door neighbor had permitted his lot to sink without filling it to match my lot, which has been filled twice in 25 years (peaty soil here is always sinking), over half of his standard Minneapolis lot slopes toward my lot. This forced water into my basement, ruining a finished basement bedroom and 3/4 bath--they had to be taken out to remove ruined sheetrock and ruined 2 x 4 lumber. Attempts to get the neighbor to fill his lot failed so I decided to install a drain field between the two houses, which are about 15 feet apart. Mr. Albrecht looked over the situation and suggested a "underground roof" membrane installation that would channel the water from the neighbor's lot away from my house toward the back of my lot. At the same time, he suggested filling my lot and eliciting the neighbor's cooperation to fill some 18" of that lot so that some of the runoff won't settle between the two houses at all. I agreed to his plan initially but wanted the backup of actual drain tiles at the bottom of the membrane as well. I also wanted standpipes put in so that I no longer have to deal with runout from my gutter downspouts. I understood from the beginning that my little job would be scheduled around Mr. Albrecht's larger landscape projects.

Category landscaping

11/25/2011

Don D.

The quality of the work was excellent. They are very busy and it took some persistence to get things started. I am glad I hung in there given how well things went once they were onsite.

Description of Work
Buried pipe to drain downspout water to street and repaired paving stones and retaining wall that the pipe had to travel through. Excellent, high quality work.

Category landscaping, basement waterproofing, hardscaping

11/11/2011

Ralph K.

Very routine. They came on scheduled time and did the job as they do every year.

Description of Work
Usual fall service to irrigation system. Blow out lines, remove pump from lake, etc.

Category lawn service, irrigation systems

09/15/2011

David M.

My interaction with them was very good. They were very responsive, and their punctuality was about average. The estimated price, which was less than a couple of thousands, was good and very low. We ended up going with another company because they could do more services on time for us, than what Albrecht could do. I had a water problem and a landscaping problem. I ended up not going with them because they could take care of only the water problem whereas the company that I actually went with could take care of both problems. Their punctuality was average. The estimate was free. I don’t know if I would use them in the future or not, but I would certainly talk to them if I had a water problem.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from Albrecht Irrigation for lawn irrigation.

04/07/2011

Jeff H.

They did a great job. I would recommend them because of their integrity, on time, and good communication. They clear our sprinkler system every year. I would use their service in the future too.

Description of Work
I used Albrecht Irrigation service to clear our sprinkler system. I last used their service in October.

03/17/2011

YI H.

Dwayne definitely knows a lot about landscape drainage. He immediately identified the source of leakage right away. His crew is very professional and finished the job with great attention to detail. The work was delayed due to heavy rain and eventually was finished very professionally. I will definitely call him again for future landscape project.

Description of Work
Dwayne and his crew repaired part of the basement wall damaged by years of water damage. They enlarged the egress window. They installed exterior sump pump and draining pipe along the foundation.

Category landscaping, basement waterproofing, hardscaping

11/12/2010

ROBERT C.

Replaced one sprinkler head. I initiated a non-job related conversation which distracted worker so he failed to check if the new head worked properly - it didn't. I called in several days later when I discovered the problem and they sent someone out to re-replace the head and he also replaced a 2nd head that I hadn't been aware of when I first called in, actually, not even until after he had completed requested work and was preparing to leave. Both workers were friendly, fast and professional. The pricing was very good given they had to come out twice for a tiny job and only charged one 'Trip Fee'. My only problem is with scheduling as they wanted to schedule service when they 'had someone in the area' (apparently working a 'regular route'). Again, given the size of the job, I don't blame them for not wanting to send someone out on a special trip to my area. All in all I was/am very pleased with their service and will use them for their other offerings (landscaping, tree service, etc..) when I have the need.

Description of Work
Shut one valve on our irrigation system which was simply open rather than broken as I had thought. Replaced 2 sprinkler heads (one of which I sprang on the worker as he was getting ready to leave).

04/22/2009

DANIEL C.

They are excellent. I never had water problems again and they do good work.

Description of Work
They put in a paver stone patio for me. I had water leakage in my basement and my yard sloped to the house. I had a concrete, slab patio. They removed my old patio and regarded the yard so the water didn't come into my house. They also put in a drainage system. They also removed a tree stump for me and put down some sod. They were referred to me by my neighbor.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, tree service, drain pipe, hardscaping

11/05/2007

Douglas V.

The system malfunctioned immediately with several zone valves sticking in the "on" position. They made 1 service call to replace a spray rotor and 2 other times to disassemble and clean the sticking valves. The valves continued to malfunction and I became quite adept at disassembling and cleaning them myself. (Sort of a do it yourself approach). It should be noted that when a valve sticks in the "on" position, the system must be shut down or the water would continue to spray forever. I wrote to Dwyane Albrecht and complained about the problems. I also included a check for the remaining balance of the invoice, but withheld $1000 until I was sure the system was really operational. It wasn't, as the valves continued to malfunction. I wrote once again to Mr. Albrecht and asked them to service the system. I received no reply. They apparently don't have customer service and are willing to write off the $1000. I've now hired another contractor to flush the debris out of the system.

Description of Work
In mid July of this year, Albrecht installed an automatic in-ground irrigation system on my residential lot. The system included 15 zones and 65 rotating spray heads. The job also included the installation of a RPZ reverse flow device in the basement and a one-inch copper line to the outside.

05/14/2007

TOM J.

We have Albrecht's blow out the system every fall so we didn't call anyone else. The rep scheduled a day when the service rep would be in the area and my wife was home. The tech called in the morning with an accurate estimate as to the time of arrival. The tech was in and out of the house several times debugging the wiring. There was no communication before or during the visit as to cost, which is my only complaint (it would have been appropriate to hear an estimate before the work was done). In spite of that, we're happy with the work done.

Description of Work
We have four zones. Two were never properly wired and so we had issues every spring with start up. Albrecht's came out and spent about two hours doing some re-wiring and putting in a new control valve.

10/17/2006

TOM J.

They came right on schedule. They performed the entire service without any fuss or a need to enter the home. We have them come back every year.

Description of Work
I blew out my sprinkler system in preparation for winter. They advised on lines and procedures in spring when we reactivate the system.

10/23/2005

TROY G.

ALBRECHT ARRIVED ON TIME AND WORKED EFFICIENTLY. THEIR OFFICE STAFF IS ESPECIALLY HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY.

Description of Work
ALBRECHT BLEW OUT OUR SPRINKLER SYSTEM.

08/07/2005

TERRY M.

WE WERE SATISFIED WITH ALBRECHT'S SERVICE. WE USE THEM EACH SPRING AND FALL TO START UP AND SHUT DOWN OUR IRRIGATION SYSTEM. THEY ARE GENERALLY VERY ACCOMMODATING.

Description of Work
START UP IRRIGATION SYSTEM CHECK SYSTEM. CHECK CONTROLLER, RAISED 2 HEADS, REPAIRED 2 HEADS, REPLACED 3 RISERS, AND 1 HEAD

Murphy's Lawn & Landscape

Murphy's Lawn Maintenance & Landscaping has been family owned & operated and serving our customers since 1986. Enhance the appearance of your yard with lawn maintenance and landscaping services. We are focused on your complete satisfaction and make sure you always receive commendable services at competitive rates. 8-14 employees. Cost is determined by the job. No Additional travel charges or service charges. Extra charges for after hours service. Ask about Angie's List Discount. Additional address - 2036 English street,Maplewood MN 55109 DBA - PHM INC.

Espada Lawn Care

Defend Sewer Repair

Defend Sewer Repair takes the fear and expensive costs out of sewer pipe repairs. Pipe issues like broken, cracked, or corroded pipes, can eventually lead to larger problems, such as flooding, ground contamination, and backups. Most sewer line issues occur because of aging infrastructure, root intrusion, or ground movement. All of these can change the shape or size of your sewer pipe, which in turn causes problems with wastewater flow. Traditional dig-and-replace methods to fix sewer lines are very disruptive, not to mention expensive. Not only do you have to deal with the cost of excavating your yard (or driveway), but you also must pay for the materials and labor to replace the pipe. Fortunately, there's a much better way to repair your sewer line: trenchless technology. Trenchless sewer repair is a no-dig solution that can often be completed in just one day because there's no need to dig. The old process of repairing sewer pipes that are located underground usually involves tearing up your lawn to dig a trench and replacing sections of pipe which is expensive in addition to time-consuming.

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check

Irrigation & Landscaping Solutions.