B2 Design Build LLC

Founded 2011 • With Angi since April 2012

4.4

14505 S. Robert Trail

Rosemount, MN 55068

B² Design Build was founded for one purpose: to bring a superior product to the market at a more affordable price. B² stands for Bruce and Bart, who each have over 20 years of experience in residential construction and have both been designing and managing projects for over 15 years. This

07/20/2019

Michelle B.

We met Bart at the Rosemount Home Show and discussed our backyard project with him there. We emailed him on April 8th and asked him to come show us a design and give us an estimate for the patio he had suggested to us. It was a couple weeks before he came to see our property, but he gave us a ballpark estimate and an approximate project date of the second week in June when he came out in early May. Over the next several weeks he was out two more times to show us a patio design and have the concrete subcontractor see the property. Throughout all of this, Bart was slow with his communication and follow-though on next steps. Ten weeks after our initial email to him (ironically, the week we had been told the patio would be in), we received the final estimate, which was 40% higher than the ballpark estimate we had been given by him all along. We never got any reason for this other than the subcontractor bid high. We have since been able to get several other contractors out with bids, and all of them came in lower than even the ballpark estimate given to us by B2. Unfortunately, though, after waiting so long for B2, none of them can get us on their schedule before the end of summer. So, we have lost a summer of enjoying our patio because of the slow communication, lack of follow-through, and unfairly high final estimate give to us by B2. We did send Bart a personal email expressing disappointment in our experience with his company, and he never responded or even acknowledged that we sent it. We have never left a negative online review of a business before, but we wanted others considering working with B2 to know our experience so they could do their homework, get multiple bids, and expect a professional level of communication & response before they consider hiring this company for their own projects.

Description of Work
Backyard Patio

Category basement remodeling, patios

12/19/2017

GREG M.

We were very satisfied with the completed project and the owner's positive response to any changes brought up during the project. Bart and his subcontractors were easy to work with. We feel the quality of work was exceptional. Everything was pretty much on schedule. The last 5% took a little longer than we expected, however that did not inconvenience us.

Description of Work
We had two bathrooms and a back entry/powder room completely redone.

Category flooring contractor, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

06/13/2017

Chad C.

Bart, Jake, Abbi, and team at B2 Design were incredible partners on the renovation at our new house. This is our first renovation and first house...Needless to say, we had lots of questions and the team was super patient with us from the beginning...including even giving us tips on how to best maintain our old home! Every step of the way, they went above and beyond. While working with them it was clear that they are focused on doing the job right and developing long-term happy clients. This is a really great team to work with and its pretty clear why they are so busy! The only learning curve we had with them was around communication as our expectations of frequency were probably a bit too high. A tip I would pass on is to align on communication frequency and approach prior to beginning work. This was a good learning for us that would apply to all services. We are incredibly happy with the work the team did and we will be asking them to work on future projects at our home!

Description of Work
We hired B2 Design to perform a full renovation of our kitchen and perform some updates throughout the house (install new lighting, scrape popcorn ceilings, install new toilets, new HVAC system, hardwood floor refinishing, and replaced out fireplace hearth).

Category drywall, flooring contractor, insulation, lighting, remodeling, home builders, home remodeling, interior painters

02/01/2017

Elizabeth P.

Would not hire again

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel. Proposal included: - wood floor install, stain, finish - cabinets (design, install, crown moulding, floor shoe)

Category remodeling, home remodeling, basement remodeling

10/11/2016

Lori U.

No follow up and no call back

Description of Work
Small renovation and perhaps an added fireplace.

Category drywall, remodeling

10/27/2015

Suzanne G.

10/20/2015

Keith N.

The bid submission with necessary details and timing was all done in a professional manner. They were not the lowest bid, but their focus on having our agreement on architectural design and their stated and realized attention to finish detail and quality was the reason we went with B2 Design Build. Planning was in Q1 2014, and project implementation and completion was in April-May 2014. The ongoing collaborative working atmosphere to insure that their work met our expectations was excellent. They also made certain that their subcontractors adhered to their same finish standards. Their use of an external materials design consultant was useful, even though we had largely already picked out tiles/colors/components. The project took a little bit longer to bring to completion than we wanted, but having been engaged with other remodel projects, this seems to be more or less the norm, not the exception.

Description of Work
Bruce and Bart designed and built the update/remodel on one of our bathrooms for our house, that was originally built in 1986. There were other changes also required in the remodel (repurposing a sauna into a cedar closet, changing windows/doors around, creating/inserting drop-in closet/cabinets, etc.) in order to create a new and more functional flow. Based on our satisfaction with their work on our bathroom, we also engaged with B2 Design Build for a smaller outside project, where they added a "roof" to the underside of our deck, creating an "outside room" that was protected from rain and other weather.

Category remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling, doors, basement remodeling

10/20/2015

Robert E.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for $49 for Custom Designed Kitchen, Bathroom or Basement Renovation with 3D Renderings. I was looking for something with more of a distinctive design and more variety.

03/03/2014

Peggy B.

My contact was Bruce. He was excellent to work with. I also met his partner Bart who helped out when needed. Bruce redesigned my master bath and master closet. I needed more space in my closet and wanted the wasted space in the master bath utilized. His design was great. Complete tear out. We took out a huge oversized tub and replaced it with a big shower. Also added double sinks. Made a lot more space in the master closet for shelving and hanging items. We updated the kitchen with granite countertops and new wood floors. All new appliances. We replaced the carpeting in the first floor and painted everything. New tile went in the second bathroom. I really liked working with Bruce. Project was started when he said and finished in the time frame he said. We added a couple items to the list of things to be done that were not on the original quote, but Bruce had no problem getting them done. In his final walk thru, Bruce noticed a few things that I had not noticed. Very particular in his work. Very client oriented. Bruce uses a designer to help you pick out tile, carpeting and paint colors. My only suggestion to Bruce was that maybe add another designer to his business as I did not mesh as well with her. I thought the pricing was reasonable and that Bruce did an excellent job. I plan to use him again for a couple of other projects we need done. Bruce was very focused on making sure things were done right and I was happy with the results.

Description of Work
Redesign of master bath and closet. Complete tear out of master bath. Kitchen upgrade, new granite countertops, new hardwood floors. New carpeting and tile and painting. Replaced all of the fixtures.

Category flooring contractor, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling, basement remodeling

02/20/2014

RICH M.

I have used B2 Design Build. They were great. The prices were reasonable. He was just very good. He was just very professional. He did a great job and we would use them again.

Description of Work
B2 Design Build fixed a dry wall and made some door holes.

Category drywall

02/20/2014

Constance W.

Fine. He gave me what I wanted, and I valued his suggestions beyond the immediate ones on my mind. If I go ahead when i return to the Twin Cities, I shall definitely call on him to make some of the changes, perhaps all of them. I am contemplating either renting my condo or selling it outright. In either case, I will have to make some changes to the property, and what I do depends on my goal.

Description of Work
Gave me both suggestions about possible changes to my kitchen area and one bath, and gave me estimates of the costs of each and/or both.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

01/23/2014

Shalomie L.

We never heard back nor received an estimate after they came by.

Description of Work
Came to give an estimate

09/18/2013

John H.

The consultation went very well. After discussing our interests and taking measurements, B2 came back with a potential design. We were able to make changes on the spot and design an alternative design right on the spot with the software they had. All that was cool and exciting, but I was most impressed with some of the thoughtfulness Bart had regarding design and execution of the project. There were other elements of the redesign process that fell outside the scope of work, but would impact the outcome. In our case, we discussed simple changes of our upcoming HVAC work that could impact our kitchen. We have other steps that need to take place first, but I would use B2 to execute the remodel.

Description of Work
After consulting with B2, they were able to present us with some kitchen designs using 3D rendering.

09/13/2013

Jeff S.

Work was completed and reviewed with us as promised. Some issues with timing of getting the design after the initial walk-through and discussion, and then also a delay getting the electronic copy. But in the end the work and output was what we were looking for.

Description of Work
Designed a bathroom renovation with 3D drawings. Part of an Angie's List Big Deal.

05/09/2013

Sue M.

It was a wonderful experience to work with Bart and feel his company could do what we are looking for - but unfortunately we are not able to begin this project at this time. But we will be contacting them when we are ready to begin. They were very understanding and again no pressure.

Description of Work
Bart came out to our house and looked over the kitchen remodeling that we would like to do. We wanted to get an estimate on what a project like this would cost and what ideas someone else might have to update our kitchen. He was so courteous and friendly and professional. He measured the area, listened to what our ideas are and made suggestions as how to get what we wanted and add a few things we hadn't thought about. He came back out to our house after working up the details of the project and presented a very detailed agreement of what was going to be done, the break down of cost, his responsibilities and ours. We were very impressed with the details and again very willing to work with us without any high pressure sales tactics.

05/06/2013

Edward J.

The initial visit went well. But I never received my product.

Description of Work
I bought the design package thru big deal. After many attempt to contact the company, they answered and scheduled my appointment. After the initial visit, I never heard from them and did not receive my diagram. I am very disappointed with their professionalism.

04/15/2013

Kate L.

Remember to read the fine print on these deals through Angie's List. We purchased the 3d design for our kitchen in December, scheduled the first week of February. Bruce came to our house Wednesday, February 13th for this 30 minute consult. We have yet to see a design (as of April 15, 2013). Through email, he mentioned that he's really busy due to this promotion. We ended up doing our own kitchen work with a handyman and our own ideas.

Description of Work
The services were 3D rendering of our kitchen for new design.

03/31/2013

Laura M.

Our big deal re-designed our basement and bedroom (issue with closet space). Bart was helpful and professional. He's a little late and delayed in response but to be fair we told him we weren't in a hurry. We loved the designs that they provided and can't wait until we are able to start the project!

Description of Work
We bought a big deal for room design. We opted for the basement and our bedroom.

03/30/2013

GREG C.

I never had the work done because I ended up deciding to move

Description of Work
This was an Angie's List Big Deal. I requested that a design ideas of my basement be done which included an office area, bathroom and open 30'x15' room. The design work was done by Bruce from b2designbuild. I was very happy with the work that was done. 3D drawings were done with examples of how to have the basement finished.I never had the work done because I ended up deciding to move. If I were to stay, I definitely would have had the work done. Bruce did a great job with the design and answering all of my questions that I had. I would recommend b2designbuild to anyone that has a remodeling project.

02/27/2013

David B.

The experience was okay. We weren't blown away by it but it was okay; he did what he said he was going to do. We didn't think that the design that he came up with was really good but he did come up with a design. It was a good starting point because we are going to redesign our kitchen, so we did accomplish what we wanted to accomplish. There wasn't anything specific that he failed to do, it was just that we didn't think that the design he came up with was that creative or that he used the space all that well.

Description of Work
We purchased a big deal from B2 Design Build for custom design for our kitchen.

02/10/2013

BARB M.

Great design concept. Excellent consulting on interior design and workmanship.

Description of Work
We had a 1960s vintage Master Bath that desperately needed remodeling. The B2 Design team did an outstanding job. With help from Bart and Bruce and the design team we now have a completely new and updated Master Bath. The project involved a new floor plan devised by the design team. The old bathroom was gutted down to the stud walls and one adjoining wall was moved to provide more space for the bathroom layout we desired. The layout of the plumbing and fixtures was totally re-designed to allow for a more spacious and updated bathroom. New fixtures and tile completed the re-design. The B2 Design team did a great job from start to finish. They were professional and clean and competitively priced. I would highly recommend B2 Design for any construction or remodeling project.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

01/22/2013

Darwin B.

The process has gone very well. Bruce came to the house to present his plan and pricing. After discussion we only had two changes, we contacted Bruce and he is in the process of updating the plan.

Description of Work
We purchased an Angies special to have a plan created for finishing our basement. Bruce came out to review our wants and needs, he took measurements and provided a plan..

11/28/2012

Tad S.

Our family lives in a smallish-south Minneapolis home that was built in 1909 and we simply needed more space after having our second child. After making the decision to finish our attic into a master suite and stay rather than move, we initially contracted the work with a reputable contractor in business for over 30 years. You can imagine our shock and surprise when, one month into the build process, we received a letter from an attorney on behalf of the company informing us that they were closing their doors effective immediately! Bruce and Bart of B2 Design Build picked up the pieces of our project and we are absolutely thrilled with the results. Bart, who handled the bulk of the project for us, immediately made us feel at ease and provided an estimate to continue the work. He never tried to up-sell us or make us feel “unworthy” of a professional experience due to our circumstances or financial limitations. He is a great listener and was always incredibly patient with our often stupid and redundant questions. Every single worker who came through our doors was courteous, kind, and produced quality outcomes. The work site was always clean at the end of the day and any questions we had were always answered within a reasonable time frame. The B2 Design Build team restored our faith in the construction industry and humanity in general! The project was completed on time and on budget but that’s not the primary reason to consider B2 Design Build. Having major work done on your home is stressful. No matter who you select, there will always be minor delays and unexpected changes. What sets this firm apart from others is their flexibility, excellent communication, and highly ethical business practices. We have found our construction partner for life with B2 Design Build. Trust is something that is hard to come by in this industry and that is a huge differentiator and selling point for us! Thanks, Bruce and Bart for saving our hides!

Description of Work
Finishing of attic into master suite and full bathroom including new floor, framing, electrical, plumbing, sheetrock, mudding, painting, windows, and detailed mill-work and finishing.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

09/14/2012

Jane L.

We had a great feeling about them, but they were just a little bit out of our price range.

Description of Work
They gave us an estimate for our basement.

Category basement remodeling

Though we never did work for the Customer's they did think highly enough of us to refer us to their Sister. We just completed her project and she is very pleased with our work.

09/10/2012

BARB M.

Things went very well. They are wonderful at cleaning up at the end of each day. They do great work. If there are issues after the fact, they will come right over to get things fixed.

Description of Work
They have done full floor remodeling and siding.

Category flooring contractor, remodeling, siding