Craftsman's Choice Inc

Founded 1998 • With Angi since August 2005

Craftsman's Choice Inc. Founded in 1998, By Ben Juncker & Matt Enfield has grown and is currently a team of 20 hard working professionals. We are a full service exterior remodeling company. In the beginning we worked as an independent crew for larger companies. Our experience inspired us to form our own team to offer what many large companies did not: Service - Integrity - Quality. Our vision was to create a company offering superior products, honest salesmanship and highly skilled installation. To achieve these goals, we formed our own company, Craftsman’s Choice Inc. We are a James Hardie Siding Elite Preferred Remodeler. MN license # BC384780. Thank you for considering our company, Sincerely, The Craftsman’s Choice Team James Hardie Preferred Remodeler. Marvin windows 27 Super Service Awards. Pella & Anderson. Additional phone number- 7632767465 Additional fax number- 7632767467...

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

Before and After

+44 more images

siding companies (240)roofing (110)window replacement (89)door installation (46)decks & porches (41)gutter repair (40)house painting (29)woodworking (29)garage doors (15)masonry (14)insulation (9)handyman (8)

11/27/2021

Kathryn B.

Excellent! It was done quickly and professionally. Strong recommendation.

Description of Work
Reside large garage with James Hardy siding

Category siding, garage builders

Work Completed On 11/26/2021

02/25/2021

Eugene Z.

Quick response on my request for bid and quick scheduling of work. Excellent work and good price for job. Would not hesitate to use them again.

Description of Work
James Hardie soffet repair

Category siding

Work Completed On 02/25/2021

02/15/2021

Nick B.

The owner was very punctual, extremely knowledgeable and very responsive. Throughout the job they kept the yard very clean and were very accommodating to other projects that were happening at our house. Having done lots of research on Hardie I was glad to see that they were following the recommendations on installation from the manufacturer and I saw no corners cut on our project. The pricing was reasonable and all costs were broken down up front with no surprises on completion. Our roof was replaced by a Craftsman’s crew and during the removal of the old roof one of the shingles hit a large picture window and scratched it. The siding crew noticed this and made us aware. Craftsman’s arraigned for the manufacturer to replace the large pane very quickly. We would definitely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Siding, roof

Category roofing, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 05/01/2020

Review for Craftsman's Choice Inc - 5680 Quam Ave NE, Rogers, MN - 39193306

01/28/2021

Sandra W.

The communication was not that good, the 2 guys that did the work could have done a better job, the work was not that good, and they scratched up our brand new deck, they eventually replaced the damaged deck, the skylight was leaking and dripping into our furniture, but that was resolved as well, but it took them several times before getting it right. The whole experience was so stressful.

Description of Work
New roof installation and new sidings

Work Completed On 01/15/2019

12/16/2020

Joshua K.

We hired Craftsman’s Choice to replace windows and siding on out home. This included removing old siding, wrapping the house in new protective wrap, removing and installing new windows, converting an existing window opening to be a sliding door, converting a door into a window, new siding on the house including all new vents and lights on the outside of our home. The tear off the old siding went well with some minor damage to existing soffits on the house (not being replaced). We had asked them to take extra caution around soffits/facia and gutters as they were only about a year old and in perfect shape at the start of the project. House wrap and new window installation went smooth. The crew was able to make sure windows were installed correctly and the existing framing was adjusted to make sure everything was square and level. The flashing and weather proofing of the windows was done, and the crews made sure everything was up to code so that there would be no issues with the inspection. The only issue was we were told they would foam around the window then pack the rest of the opening with fiberglass insulation for best performance. They did the foam but never followed up with fiberglass insulation before putting on the casing. The only was to correct this after the fact would be to remove all the new window casing to install insulation. The new casing around the windows/door was probably the most disappointing/low quality work in this project. Several windows have new trim installed not level to the rest of the trim. Some as far out of square as 3/16 of an inch which is very noticeable to the eye. The trim on the new sliding glass patio door has one piece of trim that is 5/16th of an inch above the level of the floor while the other side is cut perfectly flush to the floor. This stands out and is very hard to clean around. This will need to be replaced to correct the issue. Overall, I would call the quality of work for the window casing below average or even amateur. The new siding installation was completed by one of their standard sub-contractor crews. They were fast and efficient. The only issue with the new siding installation was that they never installed the new color matched dryer vent that was ordered. It was just left in the box with the extra materials. Overall, this project from start to finish was completed in about three and a half months during the covid-19 pandemic. This time frame was very good seeing as the window order lead time was about 10 weeks. The crews were good about cleaning up each day before they left to keep the house in a livable condition during this project. I would rate Craftsman’s Choice about 2.4 stars. The work was completed quickly but was lacking the quality and attention to detail that was promised to us from the sale person. There was also no quality check/walk through at the end of the project to ensure we were happy with the work. I believe this was due to the lack of communication between the separate crews within Craftsman’s Choice. Each service they offer (windows, siding, etc) has a different project manager and crew. Communication between theses different crews and managers seems to be lacking as each crew was not aware of the overall project plan and timeline.

Description of Work
Replace windows and siding

Category siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 12/04/2020

11/02/2020

Jen V.

They were very professional and did high quality work. They used high quality supplies and made sure to do the job to my high standards! My new windows are fantastic and the trim work to match my old home's other trim is beautiful!

Description of Work
Replaced all of the windows in my home

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 06/04/2018

Roger W.

It went well. They are a professional company who does quality work.

Description of Work
We had a roof done and some siding

Work Completed On 03/12/2020

Grant L.

Craftsman’s Choice did a great job installing our new siding. Then about 6 months later we used them to replace our roof. Both jobs were done nicely and on time. We would trust them to do any work on our house.

Description of Work
Siding Replacement and new roof

Category decks, roofing, siding, garage builders

Work Completed On 10/31/2020

Chuck S.

Amazing. Great job and really good people working for them. Kept the job site clean and went over and above our expectations

Description of Work
New Hardie Board shakes and shutters

Category siding, garage builders

Work Completed On 08/01/2020

Review for Craftsman's Choice Inc - 5680 Quam Ave NE, Rogers, MN - 38992881

10/29/2020

Scott H.

Overall we could not be happier with the finished project. Craftsman’s Choice was huge from design ideas, construction solutions, and overall quality of work. There was great communication as their team moved from windows, to siding, and the roof. We have a 20+ year old home with a beautiful upgraded exterior!

Description of Work
Full Exterior: Siding, roofing, windows, soffit, fascia, gutters, and garage doors.

Category garage doors, gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 07/01/2020

Review for Craftsman's Choice Inc - 5680 Quam Ave NE, Rogers, MN - 38986591

10/29/2020

Scott H.

Work Completed On 07/01/2020

Review for Craftsman's Choice Inc - 5680 Quam Ave NE, Rogers, MN - 38986593

10/26/2020

OREN G.

We were very pleased with Craftsman's Choice. Mike Ziegler was great when it came to pricing the job and figuring out what we needed. Chris Overson, who oversaw the actual work, was outstanding and a complete pleasure to work with. And all of their crews were great. They were all very hard working, did a superb job, and left the work areas clean at the end of each day. We have been entirely satisfied with their work and final outcome and would not hesitate to work with them again in the future!

Description of Work
Replaced all sidings; replaced a rotten deck and added a new deck and a 3-season room; replaced windows

Category decks, gutter repair, siding, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 09/15/2020

10/22/2020

Robin H G.

Fantastic experience with this company. Did their vey best to come up with a solution to fit my budget for my priorities in 2010. It was such a positive experience that I had them come back to quote the remaining projects. My windows and siding have cut down on noise by 75% (live near freeway)...a huge improvement. In addition my heating and cooling bills are half of what they were! Great people to work with from quote to completion of job. I will post an update when finished with this next phase.

Description of Work
Windows and James Hardie Siding

Category siding, replacement windows, woodworking

Work Completed On 10/22/2010

10/08/2020

Steve W.

It was excellent. The worker were punctial, courteous, and worked long hours to get the job done. They also cleaned up everything to perfection. The work was excellent and I recommend them highly

Description of Work
Had all new James Hardie Siding , soffits and facia installed. Also painted the siding.

Category siding, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 09/01/2020

Review for Craftsman's Choice Inc - 5680 Quam Ave NE, Rogers, MN - 38941140

10/08/2020

Sarah G.

Our original project of residing, roofing, and portico design with Craftsman Choice was done in 2015. We have been highly satisfied with the outcomes of this project. Residing with Hardie board and adding a portico transformed and updated our 1960s home to fit into the neighborhood of tear downs and new builds. Our project was well managed within the agreed on budget and timeline. We experienced some minor storm damage summer 2020. Most of our neighbors called on unknown companies of storm chasers to evaluate potential roof and siding damage. We choose to call Craftsman's Choice, feeling confident they would give us an honest answer about any damage with a desire to maintain the integrity of their product and reputation as an installer. Ben and his team responded to our request promptly and repaired the damage to its original state. We have total confidence in the repair and that Ben and team will be there for us in the future if we have further questions or need to call on them to maintain the integrity of our home. Thank You for your prompt response and exceptional work!

Description of Work
Siding & Roofing

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, woodworking

Work Completed On 10/05/2020

10/01/2020

Greg W.

Wonderful! Best value in construction I’ve ever seen. Professionalism from owner Ben down to Contractors were A+. Our house is now the best looking house on the block thanks to Craftsman’s Choice.

Description of Work
James Hardie siding, new roof, windows, and painting

Category garage doors, gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 09/30/2020

06/16/2020

Gary and Suzanne W.

We submitted a request for a quote. After 8 days, we have not heard from the contractor.

Description of Work
Quote on asphalt roof replacement

Work Completed On 06/08/2020

04/29/2020

Julie O.

Craftsman's Choice is the company for the fussiest of clients. This is our second time using them. Top notch professionalism and quality work from start to finish. Their experience shows. Excellent people. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
New James Hardie siding, windows, gutters, stone. Garage addition. New front portico.

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows, garage builders, woodworking, home appliances

Work Completed On 06/03/2019

Review for Craftsman's Choice Inc - 5680 Quam Ave NE, Rogers, MN - 38530240

01/09/2020

jack B.

They were excellent. Two weeks after the roof was installed, we had a large tree limb that came down on the house. We had to have the power stack replaced on the back of the house and then had them come out to patch up the area. They did an excellent job and only charged us $75. It was actually the project manager, Cal, who came out to do the repair. He came out the next day in the middle of a busy season. We would highly recommend them and we would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
They put on a brand new roof on our house.

Work Completed On 01/09/2016

10/18/2019

mary-susan H.

Tell us the story from start to finish (10,000 character limit): 14 MONTHS TO COMPLETION In 2018 I visited with the JamesHardie siding people about residing my house with the cement shingle product. They recommended Craftsman's Choice and after looking at other vendors decided to use them for the project. My house had a lot of the original cedar shakes which needed to be ripped off, house wrapped, etc. The workers on the job were fantastic and did excellent work, and I would give them an A for the project... the office staff, sales people, project manger, etc. I would give a C which was the final impression left by their company with me. I'm not far from needing a new roof so you would think they would bend over backwards to keep me happy and get future business. When I met with the project manager he advised me that they would go with a small dumpster to fit in the driveway, instead a huge dumpster was delivered that had to go on the lawn and totally blocked the sidewalk. My multiple calls to the project manager requesting some sort of bridge over the flower beds was ignored. When I called during the project questioning a strange colored panel on the house, I never got a call back and when next I saw him I asked why he didn't return my call and all he said was what call? These are two examples of my frustrations with dealing with their company. One of my few requests for the project was for it to be done before the snow flew in 2018. I was repeated reassured that this would be the case and that the job would start in August. No one called to let me know about delays and after multiple calls I was told things were delayed... the job started in October and while the shakes were up in October, they couldn't do paining touch ups, fix broken items, etc. under 2019. Go figure, THE very last thing done on the project was the painting of the odd panel on July 7th, 2019.

Description of Work
New siding-with cement shakes to avoid future painting, etc.

Category siding

Work Completed On 07/07/2019

09/13/2019

Steven E.

I know I did not have any work done. However, I was very impressed with their estimate work up and professionalism. It was very close between the contractor we hired and Craftsman. We have a wood sided front of our home and will be calling only Craftsmans Choice to do the siding next spring. So, if you are in need of any of the services that Craftmans Choice provides, I would give the a call for one of your estimates. They adjusted schedules to get my estimate sooner and I would recommend asking for Matt.

Description of Work
I had a estimate done by Matt

Work Completed On 09/12/2019

08/20/2019

Megan H.

We are so pleased with our recent garage siding and exterior home painting project completed on our 1947 cape cod in St. Louis Park. From our first interaction with Keith at the State Fair, to our final walk-through with Ben, we knew we were dealing with professionals who had our best interest and satisfaction set as priorities (thank you to Ryan, Cyndal and the rest of the team also!). They gave us a fair price from the beginning without a long, dragged out sales pitch and promised quality and attentiveness, which they delivered on every step of the way. It's now such a joy to come home to our beautiful house each day! We are very happy we chose Craftsman's Choice and we highly recommend their services. There are many options out there, so we are thankful to have finally found a first choice for our home improvement needs.

Description of Work
New Hardie Board siding and paint

Category siding, house painters