Hiller's Flooring America

Founded 1942 • With Angi since July 2010

2909 S Broadway

Rochester, MN 55904

Locally owned, and locally operated. Customer Service after the sale.Hiller's Flooring America is more than just a flooring specialty store. We are experts trained in flooring sales and design and will help you find the perfect floor for the way you live.We offer in-home service and are very

08/10/2017

Lynn R.

We were especially impressed with the installation crew -- Pat, in particular. The floor looks perfect and it was done quickly and professionally, and Pat and the crew were friendly and accommodating to our requests. I would highly recommend Hiller's to anyone. [photo: new carpet on stairs, old carpet on floor]

Description of Work
New carpet and vinyl in entire house, due to water damage.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

03/29/2017

Cindy D.

Great ,very professional work. Hardwood looks like it was put in when hose was built. Prefinished hardwood is great!

Description of Work
Hardwood floors installed in hallway ,entry way and living room. Carpet in bedrooms

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

11/16/2015

An N.

They came in 2-persons team and did a good job. There was a miscommunication between the provider and the team, however, they fixed it in the following week. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Install floor hardwood.

10/02/2015

Thomas B.

Description of Work
Great job with hardwood flooring installation.

Category carpet installation

04/04/2015

giuseppe S.

The salesman said there would be minimal dust and when the installation was finished it took me three days to clean the inch and a half of dust off my walls ceiling cabinets fixtures, etc. my dining set was ruined and I had to buy another one. I paid 300.00 extra for base shoe which was missing along parts of the floor. Two days after installation I noticed that one of the corners of the tile had been cut off near my front door, so I called my salesman at the store who informed me that he would pass along to customer service and they would be calling within the next day or two. After a week of hearing nothing I went down to the store with a picture of it. Finally the Installer called me, I never did hear from anyone from the store, the installer came out and cut some base shoe to place over the cut corner of the tile but he forgot his nail gun so he caulked it to the trim! I chose Hiller flooring because they had really good reviews, I will never do business with them again. I still have heard nothing from Hiller.

Description of Work
Installed ceramic tile floor

Category flooring contractor

We are very sorry that you are unhappy with your experience. I have dug into your file and found some information that was left out of this review. You spoke with our owner after the job was completed and he offered to pay for any cleaning that needed to be done for the dust that happened from taking up the existing vinyl and sub-floor. The dust was talked about and checked off our pre-installation check list, as it is something that may come up during install. You choose not to have someone come out and clean up the dust. Our customer service manager has two notes on file of leaving messages on the phone number that was given on the work order. Neither of those calls were returned. After talking to the owner and going though the original complaint there was never one word mentioned about a dinning room table being ruined, had there been I promise you that we would have looked further into that issue. Hiller's prides itself on customer service after the sale, an offer of free cleaning was offered and calls attempted. We always will do what we can to make customers happy.

03/28/2015

Caroline B.

It went wonderfully well! I asked if they could do the job quickly, as we need to sell our house and want to put it on the market as soon as possible. The salesperson helped me to find carpet that I liked that was in stock, and they had it all installed the same week. The crew came over and helped me move all our stuff. They were very nice, came when they said they would come, and did a beautiful job. I am so appreciative of their help during this busy and stressful time. Thank you, Hiller's!

Description of Work
Hiller's carpeted our basement and the basement stairs, including installing the tack boards.

Category flooring contractor

Thank you so much for your review. We pride ourselve on customer service. We try our best to help get products installed when requested, especially in rush situations. Thank you again for your business and if we can do anything for you in the future we would love to help.

09/24/2014

Don J.

09/08/2014

Ann G.

Very pleased with the flooring and the installation. We chose a layout pattern that required more than the usual skill and effort, and are very pleased with the results. We were less pleased with the responsiveness and communication skills of the sales rep, who was not very pro-active in contacting us during the planning, and didn't actually consult us on setting an install date (3 days work) before scheduling it. Also, the receptionist directed one of my calls to voicemail without informing me that the sales rep was on vacation for a week, or giving me the chance to talk to someone who was actually available.

Description of Work
Replaced carpet with engineered hardwood flooring

08/12/2014

Phil S.

Description of Work
Estimated a small foyer & stairway in my home. They were on time and answered all of my questions but their price was high.

06/10/2014

Donna K.

Wonderful

Description of Work
replaced entire floor in main level after dishwasher leak

08/19/2013

Laurie P.

Very professional and knowledgable- prompt and well done - attentive to clean up and disposal of old carpet. Cost was a bit high but the quality was worth it.

Description of Work
installed carpeting and a small area of laminate in our home.

Category flooring contractor

Thank you very much your review. We are very happy that you were pleased with your experience at Hiller's. One thing we strive on is our service after the sale. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate one bit to contact us. We hope you enjoy your new flooring going forward.

08/19/2013

Cheryl S.

This was our second flooring purchase from Hiller's. This time we bought Congoleum Airstep vinyl flooring and their crew installed the floor in our kitchen and dining room. The purchase price and installation charge were very reasonable. The installers did a great job despite facing some unexpected complications (some of the existing floor had to be removed and needed some leveling). They were very thorough and provided useful information regarding the care and maintenance of the floor. The installers were also very personable and tolerant of my lingering around to watch the installation process.

Description of Work
Provided and installed vinyl flooring.

07/17/2013

Cheryl S.

I purchased a commercial vinyl resilient floor from Hiller's because they were the only vendor in town who carried it from what I could tell. It's indestructible. The installers did a good job removing some existing carpet and vinyl floor. They showed up when expected. They did everything they said they would do. . I did not interact with the installers very much. They were working very hard. They tidied up after themselves.

Description of Work
Installed vinyl tile floor in our home.

04/01/2013

Aaron S.

HIller's has an excellent selection of flooring with a great selection actually install in their showroom. Our salesman Jim Schoenfelder did a great job of going over options and even went out in the warehouse and measured the carpet width and figured out they would be able to stretch the new carpet to fit our odd sized room instead of have to add carpet and a seam. This saved it around $200. They also had larger sized samples to take home. This made deciding which flooring to purchase much easier than using the very small samples from the big box stores. The installers were on time and did an excellent job.

Description of Work
We had about 1600 sq/ft of carpet/pad removed and replaced along with Laminate installed over linoleum.

Category flooring contractor

Thank you very much your review. We are very happy that you were please with your experience at Hiller's. One thing we strive on is our service after the sale. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate one bit to contact us. We hope you enjoy your new flooring going forward.

11/10/2012

Vaughan J.

Store salesman very helpful but did not pressure me. Nice selection of carpet and other flooring. Installers were punctual and professional as well as very friendly and knowledgeable. I was very happy with the whole experience and love my new carpet and tile!

Description of Work
Removed old carpeting and pad and installed new carpet. Also installed new tile after preparing the underfloor.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Hard Wood, Laminate, LVT, Vinyl, Carpet, Ceramic, Tile, Area Rugs, All floor covering and window treatments.

Wood refinishing.