We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched

American Waterworks

Founded 1989 • With Angi since June 2001

1307 Valleyhigh Dr NW

Rochester, MN 55901

When it comes to water in your basement or a faulty foundation, you need an expert to ensure the damage is reversed and prevented from occurring in the future. American Waterworks has several decades of experience in the basement waterproofing and foundation repair industries, and we know the best tools and techniques to see your home through its troubles. Our professional installers are experienced in solving the wide variety of problems that allow water into basements and other areas below ground level. We've helped property owners with thousands of repairs and other restorations to homes in Minnesota, North Dakota, northeastern Iowa and western Wisconsin. American Waterworks is ready to serve all of your basement, crawl space, foundation, concrete leveling and radon mitigation needs. Call us today for a free estimate!...

11/11/2021

John F.

The workers who made the repairs were very knowledgeable and very hard workers. They went above and beyond. Very friendly and willing to answer questions during the process. I would recommend.

Description of Work
Basement wall repair

Category concrete repair

07/19/2021

Dakota F.

He tired selling me a 15k drainage unit with spending less then 5 minutes in my basement. The tech named Ryan tried telling me I had above 20% moisture in my dry wall up to 2 ft and higher in my basement, tired telling me I had mold and I needed to install a 15k drainage unit right away. I had a friend come out and he used 3 different moisture meters, checking the same spot where Ryan claimed "my walls were full of water". My friends 3 moisture meters said less then 10% in a small area where water has been getting in and the rest of the basement less then 1% where Ryan claimed i had over 20%. I called and asked for an explanation and all they could tell me is that there meter was not broken and that they would still be happy to do the job.

Description of Work
Drying my basement

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing

Hi, [Member Name Removed]. When we met with you, you mentioned that you only had water in one part of your basement, but you told Ryan that you want to ensure your entire basement would stay dry. The only way we can make that happen is by waterproofing the entire basement. You've spoken with management and you've both come to the conclusion that we are not the right company for you. We have over 30 years of experience doing this work and we've helped over 30,000 customers. We're sorry that you feel this way, [Member Name Removed], but we stand behind our products and process. This was only an estimate for work to be performed on your basement. You have every right to choose another contractor. We did not do any work for you, so this doesn't make any sense.

06/10/2021

Mike M.

Work was performed to spec and work area was cleaned up and landscape was returned to previous state before work was performed. Lawn was protected by plywood sheets while the excavator traveled across the yard.

Description of Work
Reinforce and waterproof one basement wall and window well. Add sump and radon system.

Category concrete repair, radon testing, basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Thanks for sharing, [Member Name Removed]! We're so glad to hear about your experience. Thank you for choosing us!

04/27/2021

Tanya H.

The service went very well. They were professional, on time, and they were above and beyond.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing.

Category basement waterproofing

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate the feedback.

04/16/2021

Tim B.

The crew was fantastic and did and excellent job. I would highly recommend. Professional in every way.

Description of Work
Basement water proofing

Category basement waterproofing, wells

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate the kind words. Thanks for choosing us and taking the time to share your experience!

10/16/2020

Brett S.

Got it done quickly and efficiently. Feel good about the new look. Very professional.

Description of Work
Basement wall treatment

Category basement waterproofing

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! We're so pleased to hear that.

10/03/2020

Julie M.

The crew did an awesome job. Our Desgn Specialist, Pedro, was top-notch and really went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly. We would not hesitate to use them again or recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Lift and Level Garage Floor Concrete With PolyLevel

Category mudjacking

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! We're so pleased to hear that you're happy with your project. Thanks for choosing us!

06/19/2019

Joe K.

I hired American Waterworks for crawl space encapsulation in my home. I highly recommend this company, there top notch, professional, courteous, kept the work area clean. Shane is a representative with the company and helped me through this crawl space encapsulation process, he made sure I understood everything, what the job entailed from start to finish. Then I met with the job foreman on installation day, the installation crew were professional, courteous, and did a fantastic job (my crawl space looked like the pictures in the book they sent me). The crew worked hard to get the job done and finished the job ahead of time. After the job was completed, Shane followed up with me to make sure I was happy with job and if had any follow up question. This company does a lot of work with crawl spaces, basements, and their teams are very knowledgeable. I would not hesitate using American Waterworks.

Description of Work
Crawl Space Encapsulation

Category basement waterproofing

Hi [Member Name Removed]! We are so happy to hear about your experience with our team. We take pride in being thorough, polite and getting the job done right the first time! It means a lot to us that you took time out of your day to share your story. Thank you, again!

04/14/2019

Marjean B.

Our house was built in 1941. We not only felt we needed to do waterproofing but needed a radon extracting system, sump pump, dehumidifier, wall paneling and new windows with window wells. The project worked like clock work with members of the American Waterworks team. Only have 3 windows and small section of paneling to finish. Paneling can't be finished until new water line is installed. All will be completed when windows arrive. In 1 yr. American Waterworks will come back to check all is working well. Extensive project that wasn't cheap. We felt we got our money's worth!

Description of Work
We had water seepage in one area in our basement last August and felt we needed to prevent this from happening again.

Category radon testing, basement waterproofing, wells

Hi [Member Name Removed]! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We are very happy to hear that you are satisfied with the project. Thank you for choosing us!

03/14/2019

Ingrid S.

I gave a review when I had the work done. Yes, they were prompt and courteous, however, 1 year later I have a multitude of issues due to their work. They promptly dismissed all my concerns and says they don't warranty them. Issues of slabs moving, seals broken, water and mud running down my driveway. All these issues were told to the estimator and he said it will be fixed and I won't have any more issues. WRONG! My driveway is worse than what it was before they started. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! They take your money but don't stand behind their product. 6/18/2020 update Another year with no contact from the company to come out and fix the sealing on my driveway. Last review stated they would come out and do the warranty work, NO CALL and that was 2019. They leave you when you paid the bill. Do Not Recommend this company.

Description of Work
Concrete lifting

Category mudjacking

Hi [Member Name Removed]. We cannot guarantee that the frost heave will not effect your concrete. Concrete expands and contracts based on the temperature, so your driveway will still likely change in the coming months. The President of our company has been in touch with you multiple times and has assured you that once the frost is gone, we will come out again this spring to perform the warranty work.

07/27/2018

Marion P.

They were prompt and courteous and professional. Unfortunately, they were unable to get our sidewalk completely level due to some twisting of the underlying rebar. It would have been nice if they could have set our expectations that this might happen. It is still a LOT better than it was, and they may have had more success if we had called for repair years earlier.

Description of Work
Sidewalk leveling, and also filled gaps between driveway slabs

Category mudjacking

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for sharing your concrete lifting experience with us and our community of followers. American Waterworks strives to set the right expectations for every homeowner we serve. Moving forward, our Team has decided to shy away from the term "Concrete Leveling" and simply replace it with "Concrete Raising" because every homeowner has different goals for their projects including leveling, diverting water away from their home and business' foundation, avoiding trip hazards, etc. Your valuable feedback is what helps American Waterworks improve our customer service offerings. Thanks again, [Member Name Removed]. Sincerely, The entire American Waterworks Team!

07/18/2018

Gary M.

Work done as expected. Extremely professional crew with full clean-up. No mess, no fuss!

Description of Work
Install new sump pump with battery backup

Category wells

[Member Name Removed], We appreciate your exceptional review and can't thank you enough for your business! We will reach out in 2019 to see how your pump is performing. Let us know if you may need anything else in the mean time! Sincerely, The entire American Waterworks Team!

04/02/2018

BRUCE Y.

Salesman/designer arrived on time, reviewed the basement, discussed what his system would be like and answered all of our questions. Since we had done some research and learned about what a system might look like and cost from neighbors and other resources, we were comfortable accepting their bid. The system starts with a hole in the basement floor with a pit beneath. A large pipe (2" or 3" dia.) runs from the hole into the basement, then outside. A fan mounted outside, that runs 24 x 7, pulls the radon gas from beneath the basement and exhausts it outside, above the roof. The work crew of two arrived on time, along with the electrician they had hired to add an outlet outside near where the fan would installed. The entire job took only 3 or 4 hours. The crew was courteous and answered questions that came to mind. They cleaned up after themselves and we were left with an operating radon mitigation system. Although they could not guarantee any particular radon value, they do have a standard price for adding a second extraction point (using the same fan) if it is needed. They did a good job.

Description of Work
Specify and install a radon mitigation system

Category radon testing

09/18/2017

Mike C.

Very well. The job was bigger than they expected, but they honored the original contract.

Description of Work
installed helical piers to eliminate frost heaving in the foundation

Category foundation repair

08/28/2017

Thomas H.

Wanted to finish basement and eliminate the remaining 10 percent of water issues. Found their website and looked at all the 3 minute videos which was informative. Contacted them by phone and a packet with their services listed arrived shortly after with more info. Had a company rep, Tom, come to the house and take measurements, inspect the basement for what they had to do. Very professional, represented the company well. Price was lower than what I had estimated and received discount for preferred payment option. 3 man crew arrived right on time, worked hard, only taking break for lunch that we gave them. Entire job done in about 8 hours. I was very pleased and impressed. This was in December 2016. They advised that since the ground was frozen, they'd have to come back in spring to finish the outside underground portion. In May 2017 representative contacted me to arrange a date. A different crew arrived on time, finished in about 2 hours. Very professional.

Description of Work
Had water coming in basement in several areas ever since bought this house (built in 1954) even though listed on realtor's page as having no water problems. Concrete block west wall bowed in about 3 inches and had this addressed immediately. Solved about 90 percent of water problems on my own with new driveway, gutters installed, hydraulic cement, and DryLok paint. Basement drain and sump pump system installed to eliminate any water coming into basement. Drain placed around 3 walls with 2 sump pumps with battery backup.

06/09/2017

Dustin W.

The technician was on time, walked me through the process, asked my preferences for piping, and answered all my questions. He was efficient, clean, and the pump works great.

Description of Work
American Waterworks installed a sump pump in my basement.

05/08/2017

michele C.

Excellent. Would highly recommend without hesitation to anyone in need. They were very educational, upfront, honest, professional, quality, etc. they did a phenomenal job. Others in the neighborhood went with another company, for less than half the price- and you can tell from the street! Ours was done, and you cant even tell- standing on it on a sunny day it is very difficult to find the holes! It looks beautiful. And we have a 5 year guarantee of any 1/4" sink, transferrable to the next homeowner. It has been several days and both my husband and I still ooh and aahh everytime we step outside. Very pleased, and would go with them again in a heartbeat. I rarely am this pleased with services provided. We received a discount for signing up the day of the in-home quote (provided a $165 downpayment), as well as a discount for having the promotional sign in our yard. If you want a cheap product done poorly for cheap, go elsewhere. If you want high quality for a little more, look no further, and you will thank yourself later. Other companies give quotes any time of year, however American Waterworks only gives quotes during spring (seasons they perform the work), to give you an accurate quote, unlike, I have heard other companies. With this considered, it really can be quite comparable in pricing between American Waterworks and the "other guys."

Description of Work
2 Sunken (5+ inches) concrete slabs at porch, along with the top 2 slabs of driveway.

11/02/2016

John H.

Everything went well with the exception of the sidewalk slab. It was raised but could'nt get it high enough to have water flow away from the house. It just would'nt go any more. I was more then happy with the rest of their work!

Description of Work
Stoop, steps, sidewalk, and driveway raised.

Category basement waterproofing, mudjacking

09/29/2016

Tom L.

Work was accomplished quickly and professionally. It was rather dusty, but this was expected and they did a lot to cover things. The system has performed flawlessly!! Recent heavy rains in this area did not get into our basement. It is such a relief to be able to leave the house and not have to worry about basement flooding.

Description of Work
Installed drain system around half of basement

09/23/2016

Pat B.

For the estimate they showed up on time and spent a lot of time looking at the problem before deciding that the concrete could be leveled using their PolyLevel procedure. The gave us a very reasonable quote, which we accepted the next day and scheduled the work to be done in about two weeks. On the day of the work, the crew called to let us know when they were about 10 minutes away and showed up well within the stated window of time. The crew spent a lot of time making sure everything was as good as it could get, were pleasant and very professional. The results are nothing short of amazing.

Description of Work
Concrete Leveling. Our front walk, driveway and sidewalk had settled multiple inches in the 25 years since the house was built.

01/22/2015

Jeffrey C.

It went extremely well. They were very efficient.

Description of Work
They put in a new weather guard drain tile and a sump pump. They also did foundation repairs.

Category wells, foundation repair

11/10/2014

Xiong Y.

The work crew showed up late on both days, but the work for both days were finished early. Work crew was approachable and professional. The work was completed as scheduled. The sales rep was responsive when I had questions about the proposal. I gave the price a grade of B because I didn't do a good job of comparing different companies.

Description of Work
American Waterworks installed a drain tile and sump pump system in my basement. They also installed 3 new windows in the basement.

08/05/2013

Pamela C.

I have a cement slab crawl space but house is on wet soil and there is a lot of shifting during the season. Our neighborhood has had a problem with garter snakes the past 2 years gaining entrance into our living spaces. They are under the cement slab and manage to get into the crawl space between the cement slab and walls of crawl space. I store many items in this space so this was a problem! After battling this for 2 years with 2 wildlife eviction services, I choose to have American Waterworks encase the crawl space. It is wonderful! The men were here on time, were very tidy and professional and got the job done in very timely matter. I now have an attractive , bright, clean crawl space where i can again store my belongings with no fear of running into any more garter snakes. Added plus is no moisture can get in the crawl space either. My piece of mind is well worth the expense.

Description of Work
Encased my entire crawlspace.

07/25/2013

Norb D.

It cost a lot of money. They damaged a couple of spots on the siding and I had some some siding left over. I called them and they got somebody out. They told me to find whoever I needed to put in a siding and I did. I sent them the bill and they paid it, no problems at all. They are pretty comparable to anybody else. We haven't had any problems. I am just still waiting for the ground to settle and they pack it so far, but it's going to take some time for it to settle. They were out here in a week or so. They stayed right at it and got it done. They worked it on everyday. They got it all completed in a good time. I didn't have any problems. The crew was really good.

Description of Work
American Waterworks did a foundation on the house. They dug up 46 feet all the way down on the south side of the house, and they put a bracket it and run the pipe down to the dead rock. We raised the foundation about a foot because we are going to put something because it was settling. The walls are pushing out downstairs. They had to dig the whole foundation and they had to hand dig the part of the deck.

Category foundation repair

07/01/2013

Doug M.

I am very pleased with them. They did a very good job. The drain tiles work awesome. We had pretty heavy torrential rain and there was no drop in my basement at all. They did a great job. They are very friendly. They communicate exactly what they are going to do. They explain why the system is different then and what other systems are available and they were accurate when they said that. They are always available. They were very responsive.

Description of Work
I used American Waterworks for installing drain tiles.