Timberland Outdoor Services

Founded 2006 • With Angi since November 2007

14033 Commerce Ave NE STE 300-322

Prior Lake, MN 55372

Timberland Outdoor Services, Inc. brings artistic landscapes to homes and businesses throughout the Minneapolis and St. Paul metro area. Our landscape professionals, with their 60-plus years of creative experience, design and create customized landscapes to match your individual style, preferences

08/11/2019

A H.

Timberland Outdoor Services deserves an A++ rating! Shasta, Carl, Dom, and their team are the best in the business. After building a new house last year, we decided to work with Timberland on the landscaping since we wanted a water feature and more specialty items than the standard package from the builder. Design: Perfect for the space and met all of our requests. Work quality: high, patio was meticulously done, fabric under all landscaping near the house, great thought and planning as to water drainage to protect the house, very knowledgeable team. Reliability: project started on time, affected by weather a little, but to be expected. Honesty: Project came in on budget without hidden extras. During planning, Shasta helped us weigh options to manage budget and still achieve desired result. Price/value: we are thrilled with the result and compared to other quotes we received and friends' patio projects, we feel like it was a good value. Cleanliness: the team was always very tidy. They cleaned up after each day's work and were always respectful of the neighbors.

Description of Work
Landscaping and Patio

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, fountains, hardscaping, patios

10/01/2018

Michelle S.

Timberland Outdoor Services exceeded our expectations! We had a seamless planning process as they were very communicative and listened to our ideas. When it came time to start the project they worked quickly and efficiently. They did an amazing job! We were blown away with the end result and would highly suggest anyone considering a landscaping project to give them a call.

Description of Work
Patio installation in the front and back of home, as well as landscaping

Category landscaping, patios

09/29/2018

Denise N.

Carl drew up a lovely plan for redoing the landscaping in the fall of 2017. The work was done in the spring as soon as the weather and their scheduled permitted. The crew did a nice job removing the old planting and replacing with new plants. I was pleased that existing plants were incorporated into the plan and that places were found to relocate some heirloom plants from my mother and grandmother. The new tree and plants were larger than expected and the debris was cleaned up thoroughly and hauled away promptly. I have received many complements from the neighbors on the work.

Description of Work
Landscaping in the front and side of home, replacement of tree

08/29/2018

Paul T.

I have used Timberland services before. I have a very large Ask Tree what need trimming. They did an outstanding job, as before. They have the necessary Bucket Truck and know how to trim a tree.

Description of Work
Trim Ash Tree

08/01/2018

Cherie S.

Great! Update on this project we did two years ago: the drainage solutions they installed on our property really resolved our water issues well. I'm still very pleased we chose this company to do our landscaping.

Description of Work
Drainage, backfill, rock beds, patio install

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, hardscaping, patios

01/04/2018

Jeremy G.

Fairly happy with the results - we haven't taken any action on the plans we received, but got a few good ideas. We were hoping for a little more design direction, but overall they were very helpful.

Description of Work
Some ideas for landscaping options for our house

11/21/2017

Constance N.

They managed to fit me in with planting before end of season. Everything looks great.

Description of Work
Trees and bushes planted, old stuff trimmed or removed. Some design for patio.

11/13/2017

Joan V.

Carl checked out my yard and told me what could and could not be done with it. He also provided some plans with ideas on landscaping projects

Description of Work
Landscape evaluation

10/17/2017

Carol H.

I was very impressed with the designer we worked with, his design suggestions that included pictures and descriptions of the plants he recommended, and his patience with us as we made modifications to his plans. The installers did an amazing job, clearing out the old landscaping and installing the new. They worked hard and thoroughly cleaned up after they were finished.

Description of Work
We had the landscaping around our home removed and replaced. This included removing all the landscape rock, edging, and plants.

10/16/2017

Dave J.

Individual was professional and friendly. I was expecting more of a detailed plan and creative ideas than provided. The plan received was just my initial vision put to paper. The feedback and creativity off my original ideas was lower then expected. Part of this may be my misunderstanding of what would come with the purchase price, and I did not drive hard enough for clarity on deliverable for this offer. I would hire again, but drive for better clarity on deliverable for the price. As for price, they were average compared with other quotes.

Description of Work
Landscape design for entire yard around the house. Requested detailed plan with layout and quote for work to install landscaping per the plan.

10/16/2017

Randall K.

They came up with a nice plan. Carl was very nice to work with. He incorporated all our ideas nicely. We did not go with Timberland, but I certainly would have under other circumstances. I will definitely go to them another time when the time frame is more favorable.

Description of Work
They drew up a plan for landscaping on the front of our house.

10/13/2017

Dale G.

We wouldn't have got them a second time if we didn't like the first time.

Description of Work
They removed two big pine trees.

10/13/2017

Dale G.

I would say it was very good. We've done it twice with them. They are very local for us. We know them. It was fine. Everything went well. They've done major work here, but I can't remember the price. We actually got a bit of a break through Angie's List and also they had another coupon that we get in our local paper. I just can't remember what we paid. We had so much work done that I know it was not cheap, but we wouldn't have expected it to be cheap. They were here like a whole day taking down big trees. They had their big machines way up in the branches of the other ones and guys climbing the trees to get up the ones they couldn't. We thought they had everything they needed and did everything that we asked of them, and did it well. Excellent quality. Very good responsiveness. Very quick. Everything they did was A. We will get them again if we need them.

Description of Work
They cut our trees. They came in and trimmed all of our big trees. Tree pruning on our large, large trees.

09/21/2017

Ashley E.

Shasta and his team were awesome to work with. Very quick to come out and complete the project. A large crew showed up and completed the job in two days.

Description of Work
We had water in our basement and called several people to come out and give us a bid on exterior drain tiles. We also wanted one end of our home to be cleared and a flagstone pathway installed.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, pavers, gravel, drain pipe

08/05/2017

Kim R.

They were great! Professional, timely, cooperative, patient, thorough, and very knowledgeable. Carl worked long and hard with me as we worked to design a plan that would solve the majority of issues, provided a lovely landscape, and not break the bank. He met me at the garden center so that I could actually see the different shrub options before making final decision. The team that came to do the work were friendly, cooperative and hard working! Attention was paid to the smallest detail. They even fixed the downspouts so that they are more functional and better placed for drainage. They also followed up afterwards and came out and dealt with the few weeds that were pushing through and replacing one shrub that didn't survive the transplanting. I couldn't be more pleased with the quality of product and service and will definitely be calling on them again when it's time to tackle the backyard!

Description of Work
I had the entire front, side yard, and boulevard landscaped to remove lawn and the need to mow on slopes. Work included re-grading yard, removal of old sod, weeds and suckers growing up along foundation, removal of old borders and placing new ones, planting of 17 shrubs and relocating a couple of shrubs, laying a flagstone path, setting 16 boulders, and mulching entire area.

Category landscaping, mulch, hardscaping

07/24/2017

Carol T.

It went very well. They put in wider downspouts, too. Excellent work, courteous.

Description of Work
New gutters and Fox leaf guards

Category gutter repair, landscaping

06/22/2017

Marybeth N.

Great. Shasta Frandrup, Timberland's owner, is very responsive to any needs and concerns.

Description of Work
Worked with Timberland as the landscape contractor at 6 building condo complex for over 3 years. They do everything related to garden and landscape. We have been very happy with their service and integrity.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, mulch, pavers, gravel, tree service, holiday decorators

05/30/2017

Matt H.

They contacted us within a day of setting up the time and had our drawings back to us within a week of meeting us. We hired for ideas on plants and how to give our house the desired curb appeal and which we got plus other ideas we hadn't thought of before.

Description of Work
Needed an idea of what to plant and how to extend the our landscaping in front of our house.

04/18/2017

Kirk N.

It was a great service. They did a very good job. They were very flexible. When we initially did the lay out of what they were going to do, during the period between when we did that and when they actually came here to do the work, I had made some changes in my own mind. They were flexible enough to do those changes. They were very good.

Description of Work
They did landscaping in the front of the house.

10/28/2016

Cherie S.

This was a big project, and Shasta (the owner of the company) came to our house and discussed the details with us. He helped us choose some nice patio materials and plants for the front yard. The workers started the morning after that, and worked quickly. They began on a Thursday morning and were done the following Wednesday, despite some rain during that time that interfered with work. The workers were friendly and helpful when I had a question. Shasta added in some additional drainage features on the side of the house (where we had continuous issues of standing water) and arranged our sump pump outflow, so that it would drain better through underground piping. He made these adjustments without increasing our budget, which I appreciated. The workers cleaned up the yard nicely before they left at the end of the project. Everything looks great, our new grass seed is sprouting, and we look forward to seeing how well the drainage solutions work in the spring when we get a lot of rain. I would definitely recommend this company. I do not know how prices compare, as I didn't really shop around, but they seemed fair and willing to work within our budget.

Description of Work
We needed grading redone all around the house, as well as new rock beds, drainage work, tree trimming, and front yard patio and landscaping.

Category landscaping, lawn service, pavers, gravel, tree service, drain pipe, hardscaping, patios

01/27/2016

Mary Jo R.

Prompt reply to my call for an estimate on Spring Clean Up and mulch replacement of our front and back landscaping. Arrived promptly and did an excellent job! We look forward to them coming each spring

Description of Work
Did our Spring clean up and replaced fresh mulch the last couple of years. Very professional job. We invested a lot of money on our professional landscaping. We are willing to pay for an excellent job done!

Category landscaping, mulch

10/16/2015

Nikie N.

The big deal cost was $50 and that was how much it cost. We basically got the design and consultation. He came out and the guy was really nice. He listened to what we wanted. The plan that he put together had a lot of the elements we had discussed but there were some pieces that seemed like a cookie cutter and we had asked him for it not to be a cookie cutter. The longer we sat with the plan the more it made sense. First we weren't super happy but it kind of grew on us over time but we are not just ready to landscape just yet. We have done the other projects. I think if we had worked with him a little longer, we probably would have had a few rounds back and forth to nail down the right solution. Overall he was very good, very prompt and very professional. It was a good deal for $50. The plan was very thorough and well put together. He was punctual. Our only concern was that at first we weren't super wowed by the plan but there was a good follow too. The responsiveness was good.

Description of Work
Timberland Outdoor Services came out and they drew us a landscaping plan for our yard.

10/01/2015

Judith L.

things went as expected. sod looks great on side of house. weeded a large area on a hill. removed a large amount of weeds, trees, and other stuff from two banks in my back yard & put down seed. that is working real nice.

Description of Work
layed sod, put down grass seed, weeded & trimmed shrubs

Category landscaping, lawn service

09/08/2015

KENNETH M.

I live in Belle Plaine, and when I have attempted to contact several service providers, including this one, they say they service Scott County, but after contacting them, waiting for them to return your call or email (if they do), they tell you they do not service Belle Plaine. Some of these providers (not this one) have the audacity to say that Scott County includes many areas they do service. Then, what you advertise is that you service PARTS of Scott County. Timberland states that they service Scott, and parts of Hennepin, etc. What is it? When it's slow you may go out to Belle Plaine, but otherwise, no? Have your service area reflect what you actually service, it is beyond frustrating, and a waste of not only the customer's time, but yours as well. Update: I have changed my initial view and grade of the Company based on their response. I do not like writing reviews when people have not done any work for me, and I do not think my original grade was fair to, what in all other respects, seems like a good business. Thank you for your response, I genuinely appreciate it.

Description of Work
Nothing.

Category landscaping

[removed member name]- We have changed our profile to cover the parts of Scott County in our service area. Thank you for catching that error for us. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

07/27/2015

Susan B W.

Carl was prompt for the appointment and had the original plans to us right away. He has been prompt on answering questions and we appreciate this is his busy season

Description of Work
We are looking to do some work in our backyard. Started with contacting Carl for some plans, now in process of figuring out what we can afford. When you don't do this work, it is hard to know what to budget for it. Carl has been delightful to work with. We have explained that we are looking for the work to be done in October and he has been most patient with us. We have asked for a few changes and are deciding now what we can afford. At no point as Carl been dismissive or "done" with us. Due to cost, we may need to do this work in stages and we look forward to start working with him in October.

KING SCAPES

King Scapes is an owner-operated Landscape Company proudly serving the greater Twin Cities Metro area. From concept to completion, we pay impeccable attention to detail and strive to exceed all expectations. It is our mission to provide inspiration through the innovation of our surroundings and deliver the highest quality professional service in the lawn and landscaping industry. It is our vision to be recognized as a company with a passion for excellence acting with integrity and honesty while emphasizing quality and value in an endeavor for customer satisfaction. We are fully licensed and insured and a proud member of the MNLA. “Let Us Create Your Kingdom!” Additional email: dtegg@kingscapes.net Mailing Address: 11 Alice CT, Saint Paul, MN 55107

MH3 Design Group, LLC

MH3 Design Group is a highly creative Landscape and Pool Design/Build Firm specializing in creating gorgeous and unique landscapes, focused around pools and outdoor living entertainment. Our landscapes and functional designs are tailored to enhance our client's unique sites while capturing their needs and desires for their new outdoor retreats. Our staff's years of experience and expertise allows us to offer you a vast array of materials which will compliment and unify your home's architecture along with your new landscape environments. With our Design/Build model, we navigate our clients through the design process and then see the project through the installation and completion of the construction phase. Our online web portal helps you, our client, keep up to date on the installation schedule and will help you stay on top of the financials that are involved in large scale landscape and pool builds. If you are looking to work with a team of creative professionals tailor your new outdoor retreat to your individual desires, we'd love the opportunity to meet with you! Give us a call today.

2022 Super Service Award

MEB Enterprises INC

Construct the yard of your dreams with MEB Enterprises! We are a full service landscape and excavation company ready to help you customize your home landscape from site prep all the way to your dream landscape design! Whether you are looking to add new plants, revitalize your mulch, restore your driveway, or completely redesign your landscape, we can help. We can also supply and deliver landscape materials including mulch, aggregate, and topsoil. We bring our 20 years experience and excellent customer service to help you take your home from an overgrown lot to the finished landscape that will make your outdoor space your new favorite place. We are able to assist you with site preparation including land clearing, demolition, excavation for foundations, driveway construction or replacement with asphalt, stone, or pavers, land grading, landscape design, mulch, stone, planting and more! Our owner is a local firefighter and we bring a service mindset to our customer service. Give us a call to schedule your estimate!

2022 Super Service Award

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Check

Residential & commercial landscaping design, installation & maintenance services, design service, full service installation services including trees, shrubs, annual flower beds, patios, retaining walls, boulder & natural stone work, structures, irrigation & maintenance services