Prior Lake Heating & A/C

Founded 1984 • With Angi since October 2005

Veterinarians

We offer no charge proposals on all work we preform...

Total Comfort

We sell different. We service different. Experience the Total Comfort difference, since 1956. If you’re in need of heating and cooling services in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, Total Comfort is a skilled, award-winning HVAC company that can solve all your needs! From AC repair to furnace replacement, HVAC maintenance, and more, we are here to provide you with trustworthy, quality, affordable HVAC services in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, from Brooklyn Park to Eden Prairie and everywhere in between! Since 1956, we’ve been doing whatever it takes to ensure each of our customers are 100% satisfied with their heating and cooling service. As a locally owned, customer-focused company, providing honest, quality work to our neighbors in Minneapolis-St. Paul is our #1 goal. Every job we do is performed with respect and courtesy, leaving you satisfied in a more comfortable home! For unparalleled HVAC services, experience the Total Comfort difference now! For top-quality products and service from technicians with the latest industry knowledge, contact us today.

Offers by Total Comfort on Angi
Metro Air Heating & Cooling

Metro Air Heating & Cooling in Prior Lake, MN, is a Bryant Factory Authorized Dealer offering residential and light commercial heating, air conditioning and ventilation contracting plus sales/service/installation of HVAC systems. Metro Air also offers radiant, in-floor heating and full sheet metal shop capabilities.

Offers by Metro Air Heating & Cooling on Angi
Standard Heating & Air Conditioning Inc

Providing the comfort you deserve...Since 1930. Standard Heating & Air Conditioning has earned the trust of more than 500,000 homeowners in the Twin Cities. We specialize in residential indoor comfort systems, including heating, cooling, and indoor air quality. Energy Star Partner (EPA and DOE). North American Technician Excellence (NATE). A+ Better Business Bureau for over 40 years. Angie’s List Super Service Awards (since day 1). Award winning.

06/26/2018

D K.

During the first 100 degree heat wave of the year late spring, our A/C unit went out. All HVAC companies were backed up with service calls and installing new AC units. Some places wouldn't even call us back and others were booked out months. We got a couple bids from highly rated HVAC places, and although they were all about the same price (within a few hundred dollars), we liked PLH&AC's quote the best because they sell American Standard units (made in same factory as Trane and are virtually identical) and the unit had more features than a similar basic Carrier 13 SEER unit, which was a similar price. We also like that the owner, Dean, didn't try to upsell us on features we didn't need and we liked that he does the install along with his long time technician, Scott. Dean does the outside work, and Scott does the inside work due to his experience and expertise in working with duct work. They also offered a longer warranty on labor than the other companies we got bids from. They offered a 5 year labor warranty and 10 years on the parts. They could fit us into their schedule within a couple weeks, so we decided to hire them for the job. Dean was good at keeping in touch and communicating when they would arrive for the install and they were on time for both the estimate and the install. They did a great job installing the unit and did extra things for no extra charge -- things related to the duct work that the other people we got bids from were not including and didn't notice. We also found out that PLH&AC included many extra things in their price that we didn't realize we were getting, such as a case for the evaporator coil and a base for the unit to sit on. Their work was very neat, and our furnace ductwork with all the drain hoses was redone and look much nicer now. They also did little thinks, like zip tied the drain hoses to the drain cover so they'd stay in place, which most places wouldn't do, and they cleaned up after themselves very nicely. All in all we are super pleased with our new AC unit, which works very well. We'd hire them again mainly due to their knowledge and experience (you don't have a new technician doing the intall -- you have people with years of experience including the owner), price and that they were easy to work with, didn't upsell us on unnecessary things -- and actually undersold what all was included in their estimate. We'd highly recommend PLH&AC and plan to use them when we have HVAC needs in the future.

Description of Work
New central air conditioner installed

05/03/2018

Robert D.

Called before coming to see if OK for service, showed up soon after, Technician checked out system, answered all our questions, and price seemed reasonable. The service call was routine and inexpensive (by my standards) I would call them again if we encounter a problem.

Description of Work
Routine Service Check of HVAC for residential home

10/30/2017

Tracy S.

It was a great experience! I called 5 different companies to get quotes, and in the process, I learned that all of the companies install the same make and model. That's where the similarities ended. $850 (the special deal) was the highest, and Prior Lake Heating and Cooling came in at the very lowest. $550. Plus, they gave me an Angie's List discount on top of the their low price. When I initially called, I spoke to Dean who answered all of my questions and took care of the scheduling. I was told that a technician would show up between 1p.m. and 2 p.m., and Scott arrived at 1:30p.m. Scott installed our new unit and not only explained the annual maintenance required, but he also explained what he was doing and gave me some tips on the humidifier as a whole. He also answered my questions regarding the furnace filter I was using. When we next need service, I will call them again, and I have already recommended them to a few friends.

Description of Work
We had a whole house humidifier installed.

09/28/2017

G W.

It took a little while to get Dean out to our house, but it is clear across the cities and at the peak of AC season. Dean was very polite, professional, answered all questions clearly, gave us the best quote, the work was done very well, attention to detail, then rebate applications were filed that very same day with Xcel. Flexibility with payment as well, which is greatly apprecited.

Description of Work
Replacement of furnace and AC

03/09/2017

Jackie A.

I cannot say enough great things about my experience working with Dean and Scott of Prior Lake Heating and A/C. They were always prompt, professional, and considerate of our house/carpet/etc. They removed our old HVAC stack, installed new ducts, and installed a brand new HVAC in a new area of our house. They made sure we were never without heat or AC. We've now had an opportunity to use both the AC and heat, and both work beautifully! Great work, knowledgeable and skilled people, perfect result. And all for a low price. Thanks Scott & Dean!

Description of Work
Moved HVAC, installed new ductwork, installed new HVAC.

12/22/2016

Barb E.

Big thanks to Dean & Scott at Prior Lake Heating and Air Conditioning. They are friendly, informative, professional, and I truly believe they work to the best options for their customers. The value we received was priceless.

Description of Work
Furnace Replacement

11/13/2016

BEVERLY S.

Completed work in a timely manner, ensured we had heat the first day of work even though installation was not complete, very considerate of our property (extra runners over our carpets, cleaned up after themselves) and walked us through functions and requirements. We switched from a 1 zone to a 2 zone system and has helped immensely with heating the lower level. Felt we received a good value for our money. Would highly recommend this company

Description of Work
Replaced of furnace, air conditioner, air cleaner, humidifier and water heater,

07/10/2016

Mary S.

Scott was great, got here on time, very informative, efficient, and nice.

Description of Work
Checked air vents, checked and recharged ac compressor.

06/16/2016

Michelle H.

Dean was very quick to respond to my phone call and got somebody out right away to fix the air conditioner.

Description of Work
I used Prior Lake Heating and Air.

06/13/2016

Thomas R.

Had an appointment already scheduled for a Monday to discuss the reasons that our air conditioning was running all the time without sufficiently cooling, and to discuss the possible reasons that our two bedrooms over the garage never seemed to be cool. I called on Saturday to let them know that the air conditioning was not working, and they called back Saturday and came early on Sunday. I was pleased with the prompt response, and was equally pleased by the service. I had another well known air and heating company out last year, and they cleaned the air conditioner, but said there was nothing that could be done about cooling the bedrooms better. When Prior Lake Heating and Air came out, I was prepared to be told to buy a new air conditioner and furnace, as ours is 20 years old. Instead, he charged the air conditioner, and it is running perfectly. As to the bedroom cooling issues, he found that the damper to the upstairs was nearly shut, and the one to the rest of the first floor was wide open. He also noted that the air returns in the bedrooms were not drawing any air, and noted that the returns were likely running through a stud wall in the garage (he showed me where they were located in the garage). This was within building code at the time, but has obviously caused a problem in our case. The bedrooms are already significantly cooler, and we plan to take care of the air return issues. The other company I had out to investigate didn't bother to do the looking that Dean did to find the solution. I could not be happier with the service we received, and I will definitely use Prior Lake Heating and Air again.

Description of Work
Charged air conditioner that had frozen the day before and wasn't working, and found sources and fixes for the lack of air to our bedrooms.

Prior Lake Heating & A/C

Founded 1984 • With Angi since October 2005

16584 Pebblebrook Ct

Prior Lake, MN 55372

Heating & air conditioning.Service and Sales Forced air systems,Hot water Boiler systems,Air cleaning systems,Humidifiers,Thermostats,Gas lines,Duct work,

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available
    10% on service (excludes installation)