Austin Remodeling Contractors Inc

Founded 1995 • With Angi since May 2008

19306 Oelke Dr

Prior Lake, MN 55372

Additional DBA - Austin Remodeling Contractors.

12/12/2018

Irina K.

Great experience with Mike Walk. He is working hard to get job done with best quality in a timely manner. He is very detailed, thorough, customer satisfaction oriented. Very easy accessible. Impressed with honest, professional suggestions to improve quality. Thank you Mike

Description of Work
Replaced roof, siding, gutters, garage doors, exterior painting

Category garage doors, gutter repair, roofing, siding, house painters

10/04/2018

Kristi M.

After seeing the great work that Austin Remodeling did for my two neighbors after a large hail storm, I selected them to complete the repairs on my house. I was nervous about selecting the right contractor, but couldn't be more happier that I selected Mike Walk and Austin Remodeling. The whole process was extremely easy as Mike took care of everything. As others have stated, Mike stays in contact with you throughout the process. He took care of all the insurance stuff including finding damage that the adjuster did not find. All of the workers were very experienced, efficient and never left a mess at the end of the day. Mike stopped by the house almost every day to check on the workers and often brought them snacks. He even brought treats for my dogs. Mike is very patient and helped me select colors for shingles, fascia and garage doors including bringing samples so I could check coloring with existing structure. I received compliments from my neighbors on color selections. If you want someone you can trust and who will take care of everything, do not hesitate to hire Austin Remodeling.

Description of Work
Repairs after hail storm

Category garage doors, gutter repair, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows

10/22/2017

Dorian H.

I couldn't be happier! Mike Walk was in charge of coordinating and overseeing all of the repairs our house needed. I have never worked with a more professional or caring person. Mike was here several times before the work began, asking what I wanted, explaining what would happen, checking in and telling me of progress toward starting. The three subcontractors he managed (house siding repair, house and deck painting, and roofers) were all superb--excellent quality work, fantastic communication, and terrific clean-up. Mike was here as each group started, explaining what would happen when, making sure he understood what I was expecting, and answering all of my questions. He dropped in at least once during each stage, and he was always here at the end of each stage to see how I felt about the work and to finish any clean-up himself. If I had any questions or wanted to pass along information, Mike replied to my texts within minutes--no exaggeration! I don't know how he did it, but he made me feel like I was his only customer. After working with Mike for just a few weeks, I can tell he's not only a hands-on person--he's also a heart-in person who gets tremendous satisfaction from seeing work done well and his customers happy. I give Austin Remodellers and Mike Walk my highest recommendation, and they will be the company I call right away the next time I need a contractor to manage a home project.

Description of Work
We needed our deck and house repainted and our roof replaced after a severe hailstorm.

Category decks, roofing, house painters

10/11/2017

Paul C.

Mike was extremely professional and their work was high quality. I never had to call him to find out where we were on the project. He communicated with us every step of the way. Our neighbors who used other storm chaser contractors are wondering if their work will ever be completed. I wanted a local contractor that has been in business for many years in the Twin Cities like Austin and I made the right choice.

Description of Work
Hail storm damage. Roof, facia,doors gutters and window sashes.

Category decks, garage doors, gutter repair, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, interior painters, doors

08/26/2017

Ken B.

The whole process was very smooth, especially with the companies coordinator, Mike Walk. He kept tabs on everything that was going on.

Description of Work
House was damaged from storm and needed to be repaired.

Category gutter repair, house painters

08/24/2017

mark G.

Great contractors. Clear communication on their part. Great crews. punctual, got job done, cleaned up on time. Carried the project from start to absolute finish. The tweeky little things that needed to be done with any job, were done timely with a great attitude. Several things were done better than initially planned with no extra cost. i trusted these contractors and their crew and my wife and i even went out of the country during part of the work. Wrapped it up today and the cost at the first was the cost at the last.

Description of Work
Roof, siding, window replacement, most of metal barn replaced because of hail damage

Category decks, garage doors, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, doors

08/07/2017

John G.

Everything went very well. We met with Mike Walk and he was our point of contact through the entire process. When the insurance adjuster came out Mike was there pointing out issues and damage that we would have missed. He was very polite and professional through this step which helped us get a very fair settlement from the insurance company. After the insurance part was done he was helpful in the selection process of shingles, siding and gutters. Once that was completed he handled all the details with he contractors, ensuring that the work was done properly. When a few issues arose they were handled to our satisfaction. Mike followed through on all of his commitments, met the timelines and when the work was done made sure the area was cleaned up. We were very leased with the process and the result.

Description of Work
Hail damage. We needed a roof replacement, siding and gutters replaced after a hail storm

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows

08/04/2017

Tory N.

Mike & Mike were very understanding and helpful. They started the projected in less than a month and it looks great. They helped restore our faith in contractors. I've since referred them to a friend. He hired them as well and referred them to a family member who hired them.

Description of Work
I hired Austin Remodeling to put do a four season porch for us after our first contractor "took the money and ran".

Category decks, remodeling, replacement windows

08/01/2017

Ken B.

Working with Mike Walk was a dream. He coordinated everything and things flowed like clockwork. It couldn't have been any easier for me. Mike communicated with me on almost a daily basis and kept me informed of everything that was happening and going to happen. I was very pleased with the professionalism of Mike and Austin Remodeling Contractors. I would highly recommend them to anybody.

Description of Work
I had some storm damage back on June 11, 2017. Austin Remodeling Contractors handled the entire job and I was more than happy with everything they did. Everything was handled in a professional manor and all their work was excellent. I would definitely hire them again.

Category gutter repair, remodeling, siding, replacement windows

07/31/2017

Brian G.

Mike returned our deposit check after having my insurance rep ask for a overage list faxed in for approvel before work was preformed. Spent lots of time deciding on roof and siding colors just to be dropped left hanging. Horrible contractor just horrible

Description of Work
Storm damage repair, roof, siding and windows.

Category garage doors, gutter repair, siding, replacement windows

05/01/2017

Mary M.

They did a great job and it has held up beautifully.

Description of Work
They added a sunporch to our home.

Category decks

02/04/2015

Margaret H.

Mike was a great guy to work with. He determined my tastes and preferences right away and helped to narrow down the endless choices of tile, granite, and stain. He had great suggestions on design and things that I wouldn't have even thought of. All of the workers were neat and friendly and Mike was extremely conscientious and accommodating. I would definitely use Austin Remodeling again for other remodeling projects around my house.

Description of Work
Remodeled bathroom - included removal and replacement of the floor, shower, sink, vanity, toilet, and ceiling texture. Ceiling and wall painting.

08/29/2014

Roger K.

We had used Austin Remodeling Contractors Inc. in the fall of 2013 and liked their service. So in August 2014, Jon Cuka an associate of Mike Austin came out to give us an estimate on repair of some cedar siding because Mike was on vacation. Jon was very kind and recommended that we did not need the service of a carpenter. Instead he suggested that our painter could simply fill in the holes in the siding when he repaints. We told Jon we liked the work that his company does and wondered if we needed a carpenter to fix a broken drawer in our study cabinet. Jon proceeded to fix it within minutes and did not charge us. This was the second great experience we had with their company. In November of 2013 we hired Mike Austin's company at a cost of approximately $1,900 to repair a deck. Mike was very professional. He provided ideas on saving cost which the other bidders did not do. They did the work when promised and earlier than other bidders. Mike provided Lien Waivers at the end of project. His men did a fine job and cleaned up well. We would recommended his company to everyone. .

Description of Work
August 2014 Provided advice on repair of cedar siding. Previously in November 2013 repaired deck with replacement posts.

Category decks, siding, replacement windows, woodworking

04/29/2014

Mark H.

I had worked with Mike Walk before so that was a plus right away and the day I spoke to him he set up a meeting with Mike Austin. We meet a couple of days later and went over what needed to be done. They were here two weeks later (would have been one week but weather delayed) and did the job in one day with the help of extra crew members. We are very satisfied with the work.

Description of Work
We had four glass block windows and new window wells installed. Also a 40 foot flower bed that wrapped around the south side of our house was filled in with concrete.

02/09/2014

Alex L.

Mike Austin came over to our house and we went over the project. Seemed ok and he said he will get back to us in a week with a proposal. Got back to us about a month later and we already had another contractor lined up.

Description of Work
Remodel master bedroom and bathroom

Category remodeling, home remodeling

12/30/2013

Roger K.

They were right on time and finished in one day as they had estimated. Their men were very friendly and did a great job.

Description of Work
Repaired deck replacing posts and step railings.

Category decks

11/18/2013

Rick E.

They talked me out of a window that I wanted and into something that they said would perform similarly. It wasn't even close. The windows they put in were much more difficult to tilt inward and clean were not as energy efficient and did not come with screens. They agreed to make some custom screens that would enable me to Open Windows during the summer however they compromised the ability to use the double Hung feature. He had to come back several times to adjust the size of the screens to fit the window opening. Finally they quit responding to my phone calls when we got down to a couple windows left to adjust I also had to have them back several times to adjust the window tension as I was unable to tilt them inward due to the tightness of the fit. Finally the factory representative had to come to my home and work on some of the adjustments.

Description of Work
Windows installed.

09/16/2013

Bridget H.

We were pleased with Mike's work. He did a great job. He paid attention to the detail and he was responsive to our requests.

Description of Work
We had Austin do a variety of work for us including a complete bathroom remodel, window replacement and tile work in another bathroom.

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling

08/05/2013

Jessica V.

I emailed this company through their website because when I called it went to voicemail. Instead of leaving a message I chose to email the company to determine if 1.) they would service my area and 2.) if they had time this summer for a complete home renovation/repair. I never heard from them. At least other contractors were considerate enough to call/email me back and explain that they either didn't service my area or did not have time for the project. I understand that things get lost in the crowd and I failed to make a second attempt (which is why I rated a "D" instead of "F") but being that I'm displaced from my home do to damage, I have limited time to get in touch with contractors and get the project finished.

Description of Work
Failed to make contact

Category remodeling

(member name removed), I just read your review. I have not received an email from you regarding any type of job. I do miss a few e-mails from time to time due to i have my security set fairly high to keep out the scammers. At times in the past this has also bumped some good emails. If we can be of any service please call at 612-221-4429

08/04/2013

Sandra P.

Fabulous as always! We have had Mike and his crew do extensive remodeling on our home. They have replaced our windows, moldings, interior doors, remodeled our laundry room, replaced all closet bi-fold doors, added windows in the master bedroom where there weren't any, installed wainscot in the master bedroom, installed a huge window above our front door where there wasn't a window, remodeled our downstairs bathroom and more. I am a perfectionist, and if you expect perfection Austin Remodeling is the Company for you. Mike is in touch with his crew several times daily during the work process either in person or on his cell. Mike's suggestions and advice are always welcomed.

Description of Work
Replaced interior doors, put up pine wainscot in Master Bedroom etc. etc.

Category remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

06/19/2013

Michelle W.

Austin Remodeling was fantastic to work with. Mike was very responsive, and work was completed quickly. He was very helpful in selecting tile, paint color, granite, stain etc. He listened, incorporated my ideas and tastes yet offered great suggestions and helped steer me back on course when my ideas wouldn't work well. Everything was cleaned up every day they worked, so that it was minimal disruption to us.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of master bath - including removal/replacement of tile floor, shower, sink, vanity, toilet. Installation of fan, paint.

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

02/27/2013

LIZ M.

They did an excellent service. They were very courteous and they were great to work with. We are not particularly fond of the windows we purchased but they have came back to service them.

Description of Work
They installed windows and a little bit of fascia.

Category gutter repair, replacement windows

02/27/2013

Sharon K.

We were satisfied. We had no complaints. The work was good and did not require follow up.

Description of Work
They put tile in our kitchen. They put new countertops in our bathrooms.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, remodeling, home remodeling

02/21/2013

Rick E.

I had a bad experience with them. I had to do work on my own as they quit working on the service that was needed. They eventually stopped taking my calls. At first they made wrong recommendations on the windows and they made custom screens that were not adjusted properly as they would not go in and out. I had to make modifications on my own as they would not answer calls.

Description of Work
They installed new windows.

02/21/2013

Maren R.

The work turned out very well. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They resided our home and put in new windows.

Category siding, replacement windows

Outdoor Spaces Design & Build Co LLC

Specializing in decks. Custom design and build. Work with natural woods as well as composites. Licensed in Minnesota MN. License #BC689582. Additional Email - jayme@osdab.com.

Superior Stucco, Inc.

The look of your home can say a lot about you and your home’s value. Our licensed stucco professionals at Superior Stucco Inc. install, modify, or repair any types of stucco systems to refresh your property. We are a full-service stucco contractor providing quality service to residential clients in the MN greater metro area and beyond. Our team of experts is dedicated to working with you to implement a solution that meets your needs. Get an estimate and call 952-381-5854 today.

2022 Super Service Award

McClellan Exteriors Inc

Thank you for checking out our Angie's list page. We look forward to speaking with you. McClellan Exteriors has been family owned since 1993, with over 36 years of experience. McClellan Exteriors strives in quality work men ship and is dedicated to provide our customers satisfaction from start to finish. We take pride in being Minnesota's leader in expertise in the stucco and plaster industry. As a familiar midwest value, we have strong work ethics within the company. Our employees go above and beyond to provide a quality finish for each and every customer. We are privileged to have the opportunity to work with you in the future. Our goal is to continue to be your expert guide in the upcoming trends of stucco and construction. Referrals are our biggest compliment, please pass along our information to someone in need of excellent stucco work! Bill McClellan, Owner and Operator of McClellan exteriors. (612) 875-7793 We can provide a variety of services for both residential and commercial exteriors, including: • Stucco installation • Re-dashing • Patching & repair • Cultured stone • Stucco textures & patterns • Colored stucco Trust in our experience and knowledge to create a beautiful and functional exterior for your home or office. We will work tirelessly to make sure the finished product exceeds your highest expectations. Visit our website for money saving coupons. Give us a call today for your free estimate! Award winning. Additional DBA - McClellan Stucco Company Inc.

Offers Coupon

Home remodeling, kitchens, home entertainment, master suites, bathrooms, decks & patios, exteriors & windows.