Above All Hardwood Flooring & Carpet

Founded 1996 • With Angi since August 2004

16861 Welcome Ave SE

Prior Lake, MN 55372

We offer the best in products and services for all your flooring needs and more. With the help of our design consultants, we can help you match flooring to your lifestyle and needs when personalizing your home. We can provide you with unlimited flooring choices. We now offer Hunter Douglas window

11/28/2018

Donna K.

Amazingly well. I was apprehensive because the original floors were purchased completely finished. So, they had to remove all the layers of sealants and then take off the top layer of wood. This was quite time consuming but this company has all the necessary machinery to get it done. They created almost no dust at all. Their machines just "ate" it up as they moved along. They also used lots of plastic to insure that if there was dust, it did not get into any other rooms or up or down stairs. Their employees are so well trained and professional. Always on time and always anxious to address any of my questions or concerns. They put on a finish that is now showing no foot or dog prints which I had a major problem with on the previous finish. All of this is discussed and explained ahead of time to insure a happy ending. I couldn't be happier. Anyone thinking of getting their floors redone should consider this company.

Description of Work
My hardwood floors needed to be sanded and refinished after my new appliances were installed carelessly by a different company. The floors had been scratched and gouged and needed to be completely sanded and refinished. I hired Above All Hardwood Flooring and Carpeting to do this for me.

11/17/2018

Debbie W.

What a great group of people to install our floors. We had used the company in 2007 to install hardwood floors on the first level and had been very pleased. They did a great job this time also. From the installers, to the sanders and finishers, they all did a fantastic job, answered any or our questions and did a great job of cleanup. Very professional group.

Description of Work
installed hardwood floors on second level and replaced the stairs

10/09/2018

Diane N.

Job completed in the time promised. Installers we neat and professional.

Description of Work
Vinyl plank flooring.

Category flooring contractor

10/09/2018

Diane N.

Went well. Done in under 3 days. Installers were neat and professional.

Description of Work
Flooring installed.

06/10/2018

Jannel K.

Above All Flooring did an amazing job! They gave us great suggestions on the type of flooring we should consider and what would look great together. They were very accommodating to our broken up time frame. They ripped out the old flooring and fixed an area of broken subfloor. They then waited to come back for the installation of the new flooring so we could have the whole place painted. Everything turned out beautifully! We got numerous compliments on the flooring choices during the showings and open house. Great service and very nice.

Description of Work
We were selling our townhouse and wanted to update it’s appearance with new carpet and luxury vinyl flooring.

10/02/2017

Diana C.

Service performed very quickly, within a week of the quote. The crew did a good job our floor are very nice.

Description of Work
Wood floors refinished.

09/15/2017

Lyssa C.

Perfect. You will see that I rated Price "N/A." That is because I called three other installers for a quote and not one called me back! So in the end, I have no price comparison. Everyone, from the estimator to the installers/sanders/sealers arrived on time, discussed the work, answered questions, etc. While the work was being done, I received a nice email with handouts that explained how to care for my floors and keep them in top condition. Don't hesitate to contract with Above All.

Description of Work
Above All installed new hardwood flooring in our living room. They had to splice-in the new flooring with the existing, installed in 1990. They sanded all floors, stained and coated with water-based polyurethane. You cannot tell the old from the new and all the dog damage is gone. The floors are so smooth! We upgraded to flush wood vents (totally worth the extra cost). They also installed additional quarter-round "shoe" moulding in our kitchen where there was none before. Above All had successfully performed a buff-and-coat in 2005 so I knew I wanted to include them in the bid process (see below).

09/13/2017

Edward M.

Botched the first sanding job, ruined our baseboards, knocked stone off our fireplace and while they worked to fix the finished product, it was still average. First time that I've ever reviewed a company for something negative and we've worked with house cleaners, landscapers, weekly lawn care, painters, plumbers, HVAC, sprinkler companies, deck builders, pest control and snow removal services. We lived in limbo for 12 days while they worked to get things right. They did their best to fix the problems but expected far more from the company.

Description of Work
Refinished hardwood floors and added additional hardwood.

05/02/2017

Dale H.

The installation went well. They were very professional and completed the work on time. We are very pleased with the work.

Description of Work
Hardwood floor installation in hallway, laundry, and half bath.

09/19/2016

Ruth F.

Came to do estimate and liked him. He never got us the estimate.

Description of Work
Hardwood floors

Category hardwood floor

We have a searchable calendar for scheduled estimates. We have no record of a scheduled estimate at the name or address listed.

04/21/2016

Jake P.

We met with Beth at the shop and she then came to our house and gave us a lot of great information. We had received some other bids, some were higher and some were lower, but we were impressed with the professionalism and information that Beth gave us. Steve and Jason and Paul came out and got started the next week. They were fantastic. The crew was very professional and seemed to care that every board was perfect. We have a brick fireplace area, which was difficult to go around with the new floors. Paul did the install and scribe around the fireplace, and it was so perfect and close, it looks like the fireplace was installed after the floors. The job took one day longer than they thought, but that was because our sub-flooring was shot and needed to be replaced. Jason and the crew explained in detail why we needed to re-do the sub-floor, as the old one was warped, cracked, and actually had holes in two spots. So glad we replaced that too- Overall we love our floors! We did the variable width maple in a 2", 3", 5" pattern, and it is amazing. Would highly recommend the product and the company and the crew- The project gets very dusty, and there is nothing you can do about that, so be ready to vacuum and dust as much as you can as they go along-

Description of Work
Tear-out of old floors and old sub-floor, as well as installation of new sub-floor and installation of new hardwood floors

01/06/2016

Jo D.

They are fantastic; they know their business and they know hardwood floors. I could not recommend them highly enough. I have never encountered anyone as knowledgeable about hardwood floors in my life.

Description of Work
They cleaned up after a bad flooring job.

Category flooring contractor

08/22/2015

Mona R.

This went better than we could have ever imagined. We inquired at the store and met Beth Brown on a Saturday. She came out Monday morning and measured. We had an estimate in a matter of hours. Because of the luck of our schedules, they were able to start the next day! Installation took 3 days, a small gap and then staining and poly. Every single employee was respectful and professional. This a class act. Our floors look amazing!!

07/27/2015

Diane G.

They exceeded our expectations in all areas. We couldn't be happier with the results. Beth was great to work with. She was able to come out to our house very quickly to provide an estimate. She was, also, able to schedule us into the calendar very quickly and was willing to work around the cabinet installer's schedule. Three days were set up for the work to be done and with different specialists each day. There were no delays with the dates. Everyone came on time, and did what they said they would do. Nothing took longer than was anticipated. Stain color samples were provided when I asked for a color that would match our woodwork. Communication was great. And the results...the floors are absolutely beautiful! They really know what they are doing! We couldn't be happier!

Description of Work
Resanded pre-finished 2 1/4" red oak floors, filled, applied coat of custom stain and three coats of water based polyurethane. (Removed and replaced shoe/taped and poly with less dust machine)

06/17/2015

Carrie P.

The short story is that while the floors were well done and look beautiful (other than a 4x6 inch area that didn't get the final coat of finish) dealing with the sales and office staff was a hassle throughout and I didn't receive the customer service from this company that I expected. The office seems to be very disorganized and scattered, communication with me was extremely poor and I had to contact them numerous times to get the information I needed that they should have provided me. I was NOT impressed. Here are some details: I had gotten a quote 2-3 years ago (2012), but it took some time for this project to make the top of our list. When we decided this winter to have it done this spring, I contacted them. Instead of sending someone out to meet with me, they chose to revise the quote and re-send it. I signed the agreement and sent the downpayment and called to schedule the work over a long weekend when we could be out of town. I mistakenly referenced the original quote invoice # with the payment, which was evidently not connected to the revised invoice # (unbeknownst to me) at their office (??), which caused confusion when I called back to schedule. After figuring this out, I was able to schedule the work. Two to three weeks before the work was to be done, I called back to ask for someone to meet with me to walk through the house and explain exactly what would be done, what we were to do to prep for them, etc. (again, no one had been to my house since 2012 and I didn't think it was a lot to ask to be sure we were all on the same page). I also informed the office that they wouldn't need to replace the kitchen appliances, as we were having new appliances delivered a few days after the floors were completed, so they would remove the charge for replacing appliances from our invoice. It took two days for the sales guy to call me back, then he wanted to just talk through it over the phone. I had some questions about our kitchen island and he asked me to just text photos and he answered my questions over text. I was surprised that no one was willing to actually come to my house to meet with me. Two or three days before the actual work was to start, I phoned the sales guy because I didn't know what time to expect them and needed to give them access to the house and the garage code to get back in on subsequent days, as we were leaving town once the work began and I needed to know when to expect them. The guys arrived on time and when we arrived back in town 2 days after the final coat was applied, the floors looked great. But the quarter round was left sitting in two piles in our house instead of having been reattached as expected per the contract. I called the next business day and the office person said that there had evidently been misunderstanding that because we didn't want the appliances replaced, they didn't think we wanted the quarter round re-attached. ?? They agreed to send someone out and they came that afternoon and completed the work, which was appreciated. A week or two after the work was complete, when cleaning, I noticed a patch on the floor that didn't have the same matte finish coat as the rest of the floor. I contacted the sales guy and he requested I send a photo. I also asked about cleaning products and when I could replace rugs, as I was not given any care information once the floors were done and there was NO information on the company website (again, a disappointment). He informed me that the finish coat was missed on this area but assured me the floor was sealed. The last interaction occurred because office sent the invoice for the work to a different city (got the right street address, wrong suburb), so I was contacted via email with the invoice and a question as to whether I had gotten it in the mail. I informed them we live in Lakeville, not Shakopee and thought it was very strange that our address was correct on both quotes we had received (in 2012 and 2015) and that they had arrived at the correct address to actually do the work but then billed the wrong address. We paid the invoice within 3 business days of receiving it via email, and then got another email (same as the first) about a week later with the invoice attached asking us to pay. When I responded that we had paid and that they had mis-addressed the invoice, I got the response that the office person had been out of the office and had forgotten that she had already contacted me via email for payment. ?? No notes on our file? What it comes down to for me is the fact that it was always me doing the legwork to get in touch with them to get the information I needed. I am the customer and they should be providing me the information I need (especially if it's not accessible on their website, which it is not). In addition, the office appears to be in chaos, as we had numerous "errors" occur in our communication with them (two quotes not linked under our name which caused scheduling difficulty; when revision was made to not replace appliances this was miscommunicated to their crew as not replacing quarter round, either; and then the billing mess). Overall, I was not impressed with their customer service.

Description of Work
Sanded and refinished hardwood floors throughout main floor of our home.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

This was not a good example of the customer service we offer. The job was booked with a with a 2 year old estimate and a check enclosed in the mail. We missed that detail and it caused communication errors and the customer a hassle. We are happy the floors were as expected. We use every job to improve our communication and/or process' and that's what we will do with this one.

04/29/2015

Cheryl S.

Amazing - my floors look beautiful. Without the beautiful new floors you wouldn't have known anyone was in the house. Very professional.

Description of Work
Refinished my hardwood floors

12/29/2014

John P.

They were great to work with; Gary made several visits to assess and schedule the work and Sean & crew did a great job of previewing the available color options. The work was completed as scheduled and the finished floor looks awesome! I definitely recommend Above It All and would use them again.

Description of Work
Above It All re-finished our hardwood flooring in the kitchen and foyer.

02/27/2014

JANE B.

From start to finish this was a great experience working with Above All Hardwood Floors. Gary Gehlen was our salesman and was so easy to work with. He came to our home to give an estimate for refinishing our existing hardwood floors. He gave us some other ideas and we decided to install new floors in the kitchen and hall along with the refinishing of existing floors. He was patient and stayed in touch with us as we decided to delay any work until after the holidays. We called him when we were ready and he helped us with stain selection and got us on their schedule. All of the crew from the installers to the refinishers to the stainers to the carpet repairman were wonderful to work with. All were friendly, helpful, professional and courteous. We are thrilled with the results and would highly recommend them to anyone with hardwood floor needs. They do beautiful work!

Description of Work
Installed new hardwood floors in kitchen and hallway. Refinished existing hardwood floors in entryway, dining room and den.

09/12/2013

Peter P.

The whole project went smoothly from first contact to completion. I would certainly use them again and would recommend them for any hardwood or carpet project.

Description of Work
Provided and installed new hardwood in kitchen, refinished hardwood in foyer, provided and installed carpeting in entire home.

08/08/2013

Gary K.

It was a "sand-on site" floor. We are very pleased with the result.

Description of Work
Had them install a tongue and groove solid oak hardwood floor in our kitchen and dining area.

08/03/2013

Shari V.

The installation was done in 2 shifts a week apart, because of limited locations to store furniture. We removed the old carpeting in order to repair the floors, but they hauled it away for us which was much appreciated. The first installation took 2-3hrs (2 rooms,) the second was all day (the rest of the main floor.) The installer even helped reset some of the larger pieces of furniture which was above and beyond the call of duty. We were really pleased with the efficiency of the process, the knowledge of the staff and the ease of scheduling.

Description of Work
Installed carpet on main floor, in 3 bedrooms, living room, hallway, stairs.

07/08/2013

CINDY M.

Barry and Jerry arrived early the first day. The job was supposed to take 3 days but they got it completed in 2. Unfortunately the floors did not dry properly. I had some spots that were not acceptable. One phone call and Barry and Jerry were back out. They both delayed the start of their vacation to come to my house when it was convenient for me. They buffed the floor and coated it again. The floor looks wonderful! Barry and Jerry are tops! I will never have anyone else work on my hardwood floors. Thank you for a job well done.

Description of Work
Barry and Jerry sanded my floor and refinished it

07/01/2013

Tara O.

Set up and installation proceeded flawlessly. Installation crew was prompt and did a great job. Floors look wonderful.

Description of Work
Installed new hardwood floors in living room and dinning room

04/15/2013

Jacqueline W.

They were very professional, and they knew what they were doing. They addressed our concerns right away, and the floor looks great. We would recommend them.

Description of Work
Hardwood flooring for kitchen and laundry room.

03/01/2013

Wade S.

I really appreciated his honesty and the no-pressure sales approach. I have already recommended them to neighbors just based on the positive experience I had during the estimate process.

Description of Work
I wanted to receive an estimate on refinishing our hardwood floors in the kitchen/foyer/dining room. I submitted a request through their website and somone contacted me that same day to schedule an appointment time. They were on time and did a great job explaining my options and what the pricing would be. We also had a small area of deep damage to the floor and he gave suggestions for a temporary repair. He told me honestly that my floor was in great shape and in his opinion didn't need refinishing at this time. I really appreciated his honesty and will definitely call them when it is time to refinish or if we need new flooring in other areas of the house.

Brothers Contracting

Brothers Contracting Home Services is a reputable and highly rated general contracting company based in Northeast Minneapolis, Minnesota. Since first opening our doors in 2002, BCHS has operated under a business model that places customer satisfaction as our primary service. BCHS provides the same detailed attention to our commercial and residential contracts, treating every job site as if it were our own home. 2 employees. Uses licensed subcontractors for plumbing and electrical. Cost determined by the job. No travel charges. Additional contact: Brian White.

Anton's Floorcovering LLC

Anton’s Floorcovering LLC was founded in 2005 by Anton Korotchuk, a working owner. Anton’s determination to provide the best quality products and finest craftsmanship in the flooring business, and to always exceed his clients’ expectations, has helped the company grow and prosper despite harsh economic times. Loyal repeat clients, as well as new clients, appreciate the red carpet service they receive from Anton’s Floorcovering LLC during every step of remodeling their homes or offices. Additional email - anton@antonsfloors.com

Award 2022
    Offers by Anton's Floorcovering LLC on Angi
    JB's Wood Floor Maintenance Inc

COVID-19 Update: JB’s Wood Floor Maintenance Inc. ( 612-418-9286) is open for business and ready to serve all of your wood flooring needs! We want to assure our current and future clients that we are taking every precaution to protect the health of your family and of society at large. We do this by ensuring that no workers displaying symptoms will be working in your home and by disinfecting any surfaces that we have contacted prior to leaving. We have also partnered with a local firm that specializes in cleaning and disinfecting surfaces to be able to offer you a full decontamination of your home including, clothes, furniture, household items etc. Please ask for details. At JB’s we offer modern install, sanding and finishing options that make wood flooring work much easier on you. Our many positive reports and the fact that we have earned the Angies List Super Service Award every year since 2001 proves that we are committed to ensuring a great experience. In most cases you can stay in your home while the work is done, and if you don’t feel like moving those big couches--we can take care of that too. I will guide you through the process by going over every detail and answering all of your questions. My on site bids average 1-1.5 hours, although I am willing to spend as much time as it takes to educate my potential clients. When it comes time to start your project you are going to know exactly what to expect from us and what we need from you in order to ensure that your project needs are met or exceeded. We are a local owner operated company. I have three employees and no sub contractors and I make it a point to have hands on involvement in every project. Between us we have 95 years of combined experience in the wood flooring industry so you can rest assured that your project is in good hands. Thank you for considering my company for your project. I look forward to speaking with you soon. Also Don't forget to ask about our Good Value Guarantee.

Award 2022
    Offers by JB's Wood Floor Maintenance Inc on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Financing Available, American Express

Window treatments. Ceramic tile. Flooring. Carpets. Floor cleaning & refinishing. Floor removal. Hardwood flooring. New construction. Carpentry.