Quality Locksmith Service Inc

Founded 1982 • With Angi since November 2009

5787 Roscoe Rd

Pine Springs, MN 55128

1. Locally owned and family operated since 1980 2. We have 5 employees 3. No subcontracters used 4. MN does not require licensing 5. Base trip charge is $65 in normal coverage area 6. 10% off trip charge 7. Fast, friendly, and professional 8. Please call us today for a free quote

06/27/2020

Rena E.

Answered the phone immediately and was available when it worked for me. Friendly & efficient. Price was comparable to other businesses. Satisfied-would use again.

Description of Work
Changing House Locks

11/06/2017

Michael D.

Great experience. Quality service, very friendly and efficient, all questions answered.

Description of Work
They made a duplicate car key, which is more complicated than when you could simply use solid metal keys.

03/08/2017

Elizabeth F.

quick response, professional service, very courteous and efficient

Description of Work
replaced broken door handle/lock with one that they supplied to match just the features we wanted

12/20/2016

Nancy S.

Great, very professional, polite and personable! Should I need of know of someone who does, I will definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Re-key the locks in my home.

07/12/2016

Kyle M.

New locks put throughout a commercial building. Punctual, helpful and professional guys. Great service.

Description of Work
New locks, new keys

06/09/2016

Erica T.

Ben was great. He showed up on time and got right to work. He even took the time to look at my door that was rubbing during opening an closing and tightened it on the frame so now it opens and closes smoothly. With the service, professionalism and genuine care and friendliness that he showed, I would DEFINITELY call on this company again. The work is warrantied for a year as well, so no worries there. This is truly a family business and you can tell that they take pride in their work. Thanks, Ben!

Description of Work
Changed out a deadbolt and a doorknob and re-keyed an additional door knob to match the deadbolt.

04/30/2016

Jerome G.

Ben and Matt arrived on time and were pleasant and efficient. Their standard trip charge is $65 rather than the $45 stated in their Angie description. Our two next door neighbors used them for re-keying the same time we did so there was only one trip charge for the three households. Their pricing was very reasonable. I could not have been happier with their service and will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Re-keyed six deadbolts

11/17/2015

Elizabeth M.

I was a little nervous as I had some appointments later in the afternoon and had not heard back after my first call in the morning. I called back and they assured me they would be there today and gave me Ben's number. I called Ben and got his VM but he returned my call immediately. He gave me a quote at that time and said I was next on the list and he should be at my car in less than 30 minutes. He called back in about 45 minutes and the work was done. I've been told that replacement keys for these vehicles are expensive but it was only $40 to get a second key made. For me, I thought the price was fair, the service was prompt. Ben was polite and professional and even laughed at my jokes (bonus points). Quality will be my first call for any lock related issues in the future.

Description of Work
Lost my last key to my 2004 Ford Taurus the day before. Called Quality Locksmith in the morning and by 2 o'clock, they had made 2 keys and opened my car.

09/29/2015

Jim S.

First I had to resolve the issue of a 2 inch backset on the kitchen deadbolt. This had nothing to do with Quality Locksmith, but I had to deal with it, before continuing. Quality Locksmith did have a possible solution, which I did not opt for as I found a deadbolt with a 2 inch backset online. My point is that Quality Locksmith did have a solution if I couldn't find a 2 inch backset deadbolt, which was quite a search. I point this out because it is extremely difficult to find a deadbolt with a 2 inch backset. This unusual configuration had more to do with the design of my kitchen door than with the age of the existing deadbolt. When the 2" backset deadbolt arrived, I made an appointment with Quality Locksmith to rekey the locks and deadbolts on my kitchen and garage doors. Ben and Joe arrived within the specified time. After reviewing the situation with Ben, he gave me some options, which included a money saving option which we went with. By re-keying to the kitchen door lock, he saved us the expense of rekeying one lock. However, the new deadbolt was incompatible with the other locks, and Ben explained that a new core at a cost of $25 would fix that. So we opted for the new core. Then Ben and Joe went to work, and were finished in 15 minutes. I was impressed with the promptness and quality of the work. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Re-keyed 4 locks and cut several new keys. Replaced core in dead bolt to make it compatible.

09/04/2015

Brendan O.

Great - very professional, personable and speedy! We called the day we closed on a new house and he was to us by 3 (exactly when he said he would be) and gone before 3:30! Very quick, friendly and affordable.

Description of Work
Re-keyed all locks on two doors (2 door locks, 2 dead bolts)

08/26/2015

Kristy B.

They are always very punctual, honest and do great work.

Description of Work
They have helped us on many occasions with repairing locks and doors.

08/15/2015

Sean K.

They showed up on time, were professional and courteous, and finished in a timely manner. We used the coupon from Angie's List, so it was a great value and it was a job well done!

Description of Work
Provider rekeyed all of the locks on our new home.

07/25/2015

Robert H.

When I called I expected to schedule a service call for the coming week, but the gentleman who answered the phone (the owner of the company) asked me a few diagnostic questions and walked me through a bit of troubleshooting involving the application of WD-40 in a specific way into the lock. He completely solved the problem with a five minute phone call. I offered to send them a check for their time, but he declined and gave me some advice for maintaining my locksets. I am extremely impressed that they would help me fix the problem so quickly at no charge rather than schedule a service call and charge me. I will definitely use Quality Locksmith Service in the future when I have any lock-related needs! Thank you!

Description of Work
I called Quality Locksmith on a Saturday afternoon because an entry deadbolt was jammed and extremely hard to get the key into. I asked if they could schedule a service call to resolve the problem.

07/10/2015

Marti P.

When we realized that we had lost both the chip keys to our car, there was a little swearing, a little gnashing of teeth, and then some investigation about "what do we do now?" Discovered Quality locksmith from Angie's List, liked what the reviews said, and gave the company a call. As I was leaving a voicemail, Terry rang me, so I got IMMEDIATE response. I explained the situation, and we arranged that he would come asap. He arrived from clear across the metro in about 90 minutes shortly after the rush hour! Twenty-five minutes later, Terry had safely and efficiently opened my vehicle, found the key code for my car, cut two new chip keys, programmed them to my vehicle, and I was signing the credit card receipt! Amazing. I have never had to do something like this, so it was terrific to have the process go so smoothly. Terry was very professional, friendly, prompt, and explained the entire process to me (because I was curious and asked lots of questions, I find this kind of technology and service to be really interesting). It was well worth the money because he performed a very necessary service, came to my home, and had everything he needed to complete the job in his nifty service vehicle. I would highly recommend Quality Locksmith Service Inc. for any car lock and key needs. If this happens again (I will be careful that it won't ...) or if I need locks serviced or changed at my home, I will call them again. Thanks Terry!

Description of Work
Terry opened my locked car (I lost both keys) and made two new chip keys for my 2001 Honda Accord.

05/10/2015

Kim P.

They were late, but did call to let me know. They offered a discount, due to being an hour late. They were very fast and professional. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Re-keyed 4 outside doors to use the same key.

05/01/2015

Davis D.

Service was great. Was able to be at home within only a few hours of initial call. Re-key went smooth and quick. Thanks!

Description of Work
Rekey 5 locks.

04/27/2015

Judy M.

I am a realtor with a listing in an area I rarely sell. I went to Angie's List to find the service I was looking for. I talked to Terry at Quality Locksmith and was told they could service the next day for the broken lock. I lived about 25 miles away from the property. I was trying to get this home on the market and unfortunately being delayed by stupid problems. When I contacted Quality Locksmith they could not have been more helpful and timely. I was not needed for this repair which took 15 minutes, they replaced the part needed, went thru the home and relocked the door. I could not have been happier with their service. If I lived in the area they work in I would not hesitate to use them again. I hope this helps anyone looking for a quality locksmith - call Quality Locksmith!!!!

Description of Work
Fixed a broken lock.

02/23/2015

Deborah B.

Came out the same day. Courteous technician. Would use again.

Description of Work
Rekeyed three locks in our home

01/20/2015

Scott D.

Showed up on time. Very nice, friendly, professional. Excellent listeners and communicators. Completed the work swiftly but carefully.

Description of Work
Installed three new deadbolts and three new door knobs

01/15/2015

K S.

Got referred to this place by another locksmith, which says something right there. Got prompt, excellent, and reasonably-priced service.

Description of Work
Replaced my lost 2008 Honda car key.

10/16/2014

Angela G.

They were on time, the repairman was polite, he had a replacement lock in his vehicle, and within 30 minutes we had a working deadbolt again.

Description of Work
Replaced a lock that had broken in place.

10/06/2014

Roxanne T.

Quick, professional, called in advance & gave an arrival time. Prompt service as came out 3 hrs after I called even as a non-emergency. I tried to remove myself but didn't have the right tool. The estimated price was listed in a different review and the trip charge is posted so I wasn't surprised at the cost. Received the 10% Angie's List discount which helped.

Description of Work
Removed broken key in deadbolt lock. Only took 5 min

07/17/2014

Dave S.

Ben & Joe explained everything and answered all of my questions. They were available for next-day service and were very polite and professional. Since the door they were working on is old, Ben had to do some handy work to make sure the new knob fit correctly and that the door would shut tightly. Excellent work! We would definitely use them again and recommend them to others!

Description of Work
We had a keyless entry installed on our garage service door.

07/08/2014

Dennis O.

My front entry door knob would no longer lock properly. I checked Angie's List for nearby locksmiths with good reviews and I found Quality Locksmith listed. I called them first thing Monday morning and was told they could have someone at my house that afternoon. Terry arrived in the early afternoon and proceeded to replace my existing lockset with a different brand because the brand I had was no longer manufactured. He rekeyed my other entry door locks to the same key and made extra key copies. Terry was very courteous and professional. I was a little surprised that the bill came to just over $200, but I was given a detailed bill showing all work done. I was happy that the job was completed on the same day as my initial call.

Description of Work
He replaced my front entry door knob lockset and rekeyed my other entry door locks to the same key.

06/28/2014

Jill K.

Everything went so well. He let me know it would be an extra charge for being out of area but gave me a discount for referencing Angie's List. He was very professional and did everything he could to unlock my door. Unfortunately, I had a lock that was not pickable and he felt bad about having to drill the lock, causing me to have to buy a new doorknob. It all worked out in the end and I would definitely recommend him to friends and family.

Description of Work
He came out of his normal service area to help get me back into my house after I locked myself out.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Auto, Home, & Work Locks & Safes, Transponder Chip Keys, High Security Keys, Automotive Remote Controls, Deadbolts, ASSA & MEDECO

N/A