Intelligent Design Corp

Founded 2001 • With Angi since June 2012

10550 County Rd 81 Ste 210

Osseo, MN 55369

Intelligent Design Corporation, in business since 2001, is a premier general contractor based in the Minneapolis - Saint Paul, Minnesota area. At IDC we strive to do every project efficiently with as little impact on you, the customer, as possible. We are the team to trust when you need roofing, decks, siding, windows and doors, home remodeling and much more. It is our philosophy to maintain good relationships with our vendors, tradesmen and employees. This same goodwill we nurture is then passed on to you, our customer. With a reputation of doing the job right, from start to finish, we are confident promising that everyone who works on your home will respect your property and your neighbors. IDC is skilled to tackle any job, big or small. Our employees’ years of experience in the industry combined with IDC's full service general contractor knowledge is what makes us the perfect fit for your job. We understand how stressful it can be to have people you don't know working on your home. This is not something we take lightly. Once an IDC representative begins working with you, we follow it all the way through to final completion of the repairs. This way you know that all of your concerns and worries are going to be taken care of in a thoughtful manner. And since we can handle all aspects of your repairs, our projects are completed quickly with responsible and talented conscientious workers on your side. The next time a storm hits your neighborhood or you begin to consider a home remodel of any sort, contact IDC. Someone from our team will be happy to come out and give you a free, no-obligation assessment of your home....

02/15/2018

Susan W.

I will acknowledge that it was a bad year for storms and my repairs were not as significant as others but, once the contract was signed (July 27th) it felt like they had fallen off the edge of the earth. I hadn't heard from them for more than 6 wks for even an update as to when I might expect the work to get started. I was told that it was 'too hot' to do the roof and Sept would be a better time to do the job.Did they expect that I just fell off the turnip truck) I started calling as to when I could expect to have the job started/ Multiple VMs were left and went unanswered. Then in mid Oct. a trash bin showed up, shingles were delivered. The crew just showed up one day.. I could not converse with them as they didn't speak English. The clean up was poor at best. I had 2 tires with nails in them. When mowing the lawn. nails were being spit out. I had concerns about how the shingles were laying on the front roof and the damages to the gutters. In broken English I was told that the raised shingles were normal and over time they will lay flat. The gutters were repaired with a can of spray paint. Multiple VMs went unanswered. I started leaving voice messages to try and pin down a time frame as to when to expect the siding to be completed. Mid december, I spoke with the production lead, Eric. I expressed my frustration and anger at the lack of communication. Many 'I'm sorry and 'we're so busy' responses were given. Eric told me that I was on the schedule the 4th week in Jan. That week came and went. I started calling and leaving vms daily. The work crew showed up early Feb. It took them several days to complete siding on one wall. They didn't do clean up until they were done. I have a dog and 4 children that play in that area. As they were finishing, I noticed that the sample piece of siding that was removed in July had still not been replaced. Daily vms (total of 7) were left with no response.. I was finally able to get an office person to answer the phone on 2/12. I was told it was too cold to replace it until 2/14 when it gets warmer. Eric stated that he guarantees this. The day has come and gone and no phone call. (it is all of a 2 min job) My insurance company has asked me on 3 occasions to get the company to return their calls. Intelligent Design submitted their bills and used the wrong figures for the taxes. As far as I know, that call has not been returned to them.

Description of Work
I had exterior hail damage from the storm in June 2017.. The roof needed replaced, The deck, Rainbow play set and play house needed to be restained and the siding on the west side of the house was cracked and needed replaced

Category gutter repair,roofing,siding

03/14/2017

Beth H.

Extremely poor customer service. No response.

Description of Work
Trying to get Service set up for 2 of their customers. Can not reach anyone and no one will return calls or emails.

Category siding

04/19/2016

Kathy R.

12/08/2015

Kathy R.

Intelligent design did a great job communicating with us on all details of our project . The workers assigned to our job were courteous and prompt and completed The job when they said it would be done. I would like it to be noted weather conditions in December that year were less than desirable and they stayed on task. Also came back to clean up in the spring to finish what they could not get to in the winter. We had an issue with part as the roof in a very tough valley and they did come back to fix that. I thought they did a good job.

Description of Work
Resided the house from hail damage and re did our roof

Category roofing,siding

11/24/2015

Steve C.

06/25/2015

Melanie S.

Description of Work
New roof. Went well and looks good!!

05/29/2014

Matt J.

We signed a contract on May 7th to have interior (sheetrock) and exterior (steps) done at our house. The interior work was done very quickly (started on May 15 and done by May 19th), the exterior work was supposed to be started the same time... no one showed up on May 15th, the next day no one showed up again. Called the sales rep Chris Wilkie (do not work with) and he said they were a little behind and would be out there the following tuesday (May 20th), and they never showed up. called Mr. Wilkie to get an update and he said the would be there on Friday May 23rd and work through the weekend, which was memorial. We questioned this and he assured us that they would come out. Friday after a long day of work we came home and nothing had been done. The last time we spoke the Mr. Wilkie was on Tuesday, we were not able to get a hold of him for a week. Finally, we spoke with the General Manager, Larry Roepke on Tuesday May 27th. He came out to the house on May 28th to do some final measuring, then got a call on the 29th saying it was not worth their time. These people are worthless crooks. I would never recommend them. Please do not use this contractor.

Description of Work
This contractor signed up for two jobs at our house. they got one completed but the other whihc was on the contract after three weeks they said it wasn't worth their time and backed out of the contract. Worst people

It is unfortunate that these folks feel they were not treated fairly. At IDC we strive to maintain great relationships with all of our customers. Essentially, the customer is upset because we could not begin the work on the exterior repairs as soon as they wanted. They asked us to let them know if we could not get the work done with in a few days after the May 28th meeting and they would find someone else to do the work. We decided that would be the best option, called them and made a refund. It is a complete fabrication that anyone at IDC told them that their project was not worth our time. We do plenty of projects of this size and budget. The review following this one is typical of the type of reviews we get from our customers. Everyone knows that when you do the volume of work we do, you are bound to have a customer upset once in a while. Usually we can discuss the concerns and rectify the situation so that we have a happy customer. Obviously that is not the case with this customer. IDC is pleased to know that they were very happy with the work that we did complete on the interior. We regret that we could not complete the exterior repairs within their time frame.

12/03/2012

Jeff H.

Overall, the experience and work of the contractor was good. I am very satisfied with the finish product and didn't feel like I was being taken advantage like other experiences in the past. The sales person was very helpful in helping me understand the whole process with the insurance company and was very honest. The only thing I would have liked to see different was a little more communication and help with filling out the paper work for the Certainteed class action lawsuit that I had to file. Regarding the communication, the day they were suppose to start shingling, I decided to work from home in the morning to make sure everything started as expected but no workers showed because of rain in the area. I had to contact them and it would have been nice if they contacted me. Lastly, I also had some trim work that needed replacing which I was expecting to get replaced when the roof was being done but ended up not getting done for another month. The contractor just showed up and started working and it would have been nice to receive a call saying when they would be out.

Description of Work
I worked with a Sales person in the company since Aug. to first come and check my roof for hail damages. The sales person was very personable and on time for all of my appointments with him. He also came out on two separate occasions to meet with a insurance adjuster to help sell the damage to the insurance company. Once the insurance decided to cover the roof, I worked with the sales contractor to schedule the roof to be replaced. The contractor performed a complete tear off of the existing shingles and put on the new architectural shingles. The contractor replaced the tar paper, ice shield, drip edging, valleys and shingles in 2 days.

Category roofing,siding

09/12/2011

JULIE C.

We signed a contract to have our roof done after we filed an insurance claim and our insurance agreed to pay for a new one. The contract said they would replace our roof for only the insurance proceeds and our deductable. We called them 2 times with no reply to tell them when the insurance adjuster would be out to our house, however someone did show when the adjuster came. This was June 7th. We were given insurance money for a new roof. I emailed the paperwork to Intelligent Design and asked for a time line when they would be performing the work. We heard nothing from them until June 30th when their salesperson showed up at our door asking for our insurance check so they could start work. I called their main office and asked to cancel our contract because of their lack of communication. We then found out they had contacted our insurance company asking for more money. We had many email exchanges trying to get out of our contract. They then informed us that we needed to pay them 15% of our insurance quote if we cancel our contract with them. There was no way out of their contract without paying the money, eventhough we were so unhappy with their communication and business practices. We did pay them so they would go away.

Description of Work
We signed a contract for a roof to be replaced if the insurance company paid for our claim. This is for a house we lived in when we lived in Minnesota. We have since moved to Oregon.

Intelligent Design Corporation has never done any work in Oregon. We are not aware of who this is. This review should be removed from our review listings.

Complete Building Solutions

SUPER SERVICE AWARD FOR FOUR CONSECUTIVE YEARS! Complete Building Solution's team of professional engineers and consultants brings residential and commercial structural engineering solutions to our Midwest based clients. We are here to remove the mystery of structural engineering; bridging the gap between construction and engineering in a consumer-friendly way.

Green Clean Restoration & Carpet Care

Super Service Award Winner 11 Years in a Row! 10% off Initial Emergency Service for Water, Fire or Smoke Damage. Green Clean is a locally-owned, full service cleaning and restoration company. Founded in 1996, Green Clean (formerly R&C Cleaning Specialists) has established a reputation for delivering high-quality cleaning and restoration services for homeowners, businesses, and insurance companies throughout the entire Twin Cities Metro area. From initial consultations to project management, reconstruction and restorations, every member of Green Clean staff are dedicated to restoring healthy environments. That dedication, along with an experienced, IICRC-certified staff of cleaning and restoration technicians have earned Green Clean an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. 24 hour Water/Fire Damage Response Line 612-789-9600. Additional phones: (952) 944-9600 and (651) 714-4554.

Offers by Green Clean Restoration & Carpet Care on Angi
    Done Right Carpet & Restoration

Call Us 24/7 at (612) 331-4454 For Immediate Response. No Matter the Size of the Water Damage Cleanup, We Have You Covered. We pride ourselves on our personal commitment to each and every client. When you call us, it’s like you called a family member because we treat every job like it was our own home or business.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available